England - The final blow

DP 91

Today we sit and witness the future of England and it's not even up to us to provide our future. After in my opinion another performance that not even Mongolia would be proud of last night against Austria, today we watch as our fate rests in the hands of Isreal as they play Russia and Macedonia entertain Croatia.

This euro qualification has been utter rubbish for us and with the player's we have in our national side I cant believe we have won the group with the odd draw here and there against Croatia and Russia away.

The problem as I see it is that we went into this group feeling we could walk all over it and then we were caught short against sides we expected to thrash.

Team Pts Pld W D L GF GA GD

22px-Flag_of_Croatia.svg.png Croatia 26 10 8 2 0 25 4 +21

22px-Flag_of_England.svg.png England 23 11 7 2 2 22 4 +18

22px-Flag_of_Russia.svg.png Russia 21 10 6 3 1 16 5 +11

22px-Flag_of_Israel.svg.png Israel 17 10 5 2 3 17 11 +6

22px-Flag_of_Macedonia.svg.png FYR Macedonia 11 10 3 2 5 10 11 -1

22px-Flag_of_Estonia.svg.png Estonia 4 11 1 1 9 3 21 -18

22px-Flag_of_Andorra.svg.png Andorra 0 10 0 0 10 2 39 -37

As I see it today I expect both Croatia and Russia to win by a goals margin. The question I ask is honestly can we keep Mcclaren on after the performaces he has produced?

No offence to the Scots who in my opinion have played the best football these qualify's have out-done England in every area of their games in these champs. It's terrible, for all these years we have outshone our UK rivals and now were playing so bad that we cant even qualify in a pretty easy group while Scotland have a chance all be it the toughest chance you can get to qualify in the hardest group that has the World cup finalists in it.

Unless we have alot of luck we wont be able to qualify after today and I feel that we need to get a new manager and new formation, tactics, the works in. Mcclaren isnt the right guy for the job, its quite obvious he cant motivate and encourage a side to perform.

Either way, I believe that we need a new boss.

Thoughts?

Edit: Ive seen there are many subjects discussing this. Admins please merge or delete this.

Re: England - The final blow

I Also Think its rather pathetic that the players are backing up McLaren & Hes Using that as Defense,

What else are they goin to do, Slt Him & Get Droped/Not Go To World Cup ?

No Of course not i cant see how the players can be happy with McLaren England Need Another Top Class Manager Like Sven but as always the Media and Public will always Slate Him Also.

It is 1-0 for Israel at the moment so you still have chance to qualify.

But in my opinion you should sack McLaren one way or another. Maybe it would be too radical to do it before EURO 2008 but if England continues to play this way maybe it is better for them not to qualify because they will just embarrass yourselves.

Mark Lawerenceson sorry about the spelling today said that you should never let a manager performing bad stay at the club when the players are backing them as it usually means that the manager is being nice to them and not presuring them to perform.

He isnt enthusiatic and motivating them to perform, either way he has to go.

We have the quality of player's to at least make the quarter's if not all the way in every competition and Mcclaren just doesnt have them kind of coaching skills to do the job.

Im also £23 richer after Italy won 2-1 :D

not to be...rolled by the Maco's

we always play bad against lower ranked nations..slovenia' date=' maco...england ;)[/quote']

That was not the case during this qualifications. We won against all, except Russia.

Tonight we suffered our first defeat in this qualifications. But that happened after players heard the news that Russia lost in Israel.

And conditions were disastrous. Definitely not regular game imo. The pitch was flooded and muddy. Our coach said that he asked for the match to be postponed but UEFA and Macedonian football association were making pressure on us to play the game.

But in the end it doesn't matter because we qualified.

It will be interesting on Wednesday. For Croatia that match isn't so important but England needs to win. Lets see if we can get back on track after tonights loss and play one better match.

Well it seems the Final Blow is on standby ;)

I still believe either way Mcclaren has to go. I can see us pulling off at least a draw at Wembley to Croatia if not then Mcclaren should also lose the cash we wasted on him being our manager! lol.

I was more amazed that the Macedonia result then the Russia one but either way I was suprised and Im still unsure whether qualifying for these champs is really worth having Mcclaren stay on. In a way I feel it would be better to not qualify and make sure we get a new manager lol.

Well it seems the Final Blow is on standby ;)

I still believe either way Mcclaren has to go. I can see us pulling off at least a draw at Wembley to Croatia if not then Mcclaren should also lose the cash we wasted on him being our manager! lol.

I was more amazed that the Macedonia result then the Russia one but either way I was suprised and Im still unsure whether qualifying for these champs is really worth having Mcclaren stay on. In a way I feel it would be better to not qualify and make sure we get a new manager lol.

Lol,made me chuckle and to tell you the truth i think you've got a point!!!! Mclaren OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I warn you my posts will be controversial and I will speak my mind.

I feel England have been a disappointments

I get bored when watching them and seeing the players they have they are pathetic.

Mcclaren get out your an over-payed lack of knowledge nobody.

If we make it, it will be nothing but luck

good luck tho as it will be good to watch next summer if we are there.

All tho not sure I can stand another penalty kick heart-ache.