Forumer of the year 2014

infernitoed

It's getting towards that time of year when we think about the forumer of the year again. Due to the shameless, eurovision-esque, corruption of previous contests, i have seized control of this year's, and every year henceforth, competition. If you don't like it, i give you these words of advice...This is a dictatorship, not a democracy so tough.

I've already come some conclusions on the tournament. 1. The forumer of the year remains the main contest. But it'll be watered down to a select number, which i've not decided upon, to prevent every Johnny come every so often from getting a vote. If i sense there's any "block voting", those people involved will be booted out. 2. There'll be, in addition, sub categories. Again, no format has been set in stone yet, so suggestions for this and for part one, are more then welcome. Thread of the year, worst poster of the year, best post of the year, worst post of the year, most improved, all categories i put forward.

Ashtini, I've decided to let defend his title although i think this is me going soft. His shameless self promotion since last year's victory has been revolting.

I'll leave myself in it too; i can assure i won't abuse my powers in any way. It's the rest of you I'll be abusing.

Note, this isn't the start of the real thing. That'll be october time. Use this to give ideas of how you want the thing to be run.

Remember, this is meant to be fun so no melodrama. Also, the select few who've decided to come up with the worst name changes in the history of the internet, it'd be helpful to let us know who you were before.

Re: Forumer of the year 2014

I think funniest moment of the year would be a good thing to have. Plenty of things that one could include. Tony's predictions, me getting hacked, not funny for me but i'm sure someone found it funny etc.

I shall start proceedings on the 1st October. I know this is a bit earlier then previous but this forum needs a bit of activity.

I think funniest moment of the year would be a good thing to have. Plenty of things that one could include. Tony's predictions' date=' me getting hacked, not funny for me but i'm sure someone found it funny etc.

[b'][/b]I shall start proceedings on the 1st October. I know this is a bit earlier then previous but this forum needs a bit of activity.

Good luck with that, five-six replies in about four-five days is not exactly Indicitive of a mass lively thread, seen more life in an old people's home and it is grim in there....

This forum died a long time ago in terms of vibrancy..

It will turn into the usual farce anyhow. :)

Good luck with that' date=' five-six replies in about four-five days is not exactly Indicitive of a mass lively thread, seen more life in an old people's home and it is grim in there....

This forum died a long time ago in terms of vibrancy..

It will turn into the usual farce anyhow. :)[/quote']

The forum still has some action, Ray, + many good forumers.

I just look at FOTY as an opportunity to have some fun tbh.

And, for instance, Ash was a worthy winner last year, definitely 1 of the best forumers here.

The forum still has some action' date=' Ray, + many good forumers.

I just look at FOTY as an opportunity to have some fun tbh.

And, for instance, Ash was a worthy winner last year, definitely 1 of the best forumers here.[/quote']

your relatively new (at least compared to me :P) believe me compared to how it was even say 18 months ago this forum is miles from what it used to be in terms of general activity..

I can see the 'worst post' category becoming a bit of a mockery unless it has some form of guidelines. Let's be honest - basically every one of Zlook's posts could win that one.

You should also do a 'best moderator/supervisor' category ;)

Worst is relative though. While Zlooky has flawed logic, his posts don't annoy me at all. On the other hand the people who flame all the time genuinely annoy me and I'd give a vote to all of them.

Worst is relative though. While Zlooky has flawed logic' date=' his posts don't annoy me at all. On the other hand the people who flame all the time genuinely annoy me and I'd give a vote to all of them.[/quote']

Whilst i agree with most of that, i'd refute the claim Zlooky has any logic at all. He's not the worst though. There have few newcomers recently but the ones there are have all been dreadful and certain older forumers have gone dramatically down hill.

Fyi, i shall start rockin' and rollin' over the weekend as i have some spare time.

I think that the general lack of any award for the hirsute amongst us is why this hasn't picked up a bit yet, I mean how can you have an awards thread without even thinking to acknowledge Hairiest Back? Best use of a Beard? Most Creative Genital Fluff?

Seriously, Vidal Sassoon is turning in his grave right now.

I can see the 'worst post' category becoming a bit of a mockery unless it has some form of guidelines. Let's be honest - basically every one of Zlook's posts could win that one.

You should also do a 'best moderator/supervisor' category ;)

Haha so true

:P

Well ... this was very active haha

Says the (cave)man who's posted about 4 times in the last 2 years.

I could have started by now but i have a good reason as to why i haven't. I can't be bothered. I'll start when i feel like it and people moaning about that won't be doing themselves any favours. Not that you can do any further harm to your chances, Elo.

I think that the general lack of any award for the hirsute amongst us is why this hasn't picked up a bit yet' date=' I mean how can you have an awards thread without even thinking to acknowledge Hairiest Back? Best use of a Beard? Most Creative Genital Fluff?

Seriously, Vidal Sassoon is turning in his grave right now.[/quote']

What are you on about?