Sign in to follow this  
KopStar

Vast improvement of Soccerwiki needed

Re: Vast improvement of Soccerwiki needed

Firstly thanks for the replys.

My main personal problem with SW has always been from a ratings point of view that the ratings are not getting done quick enough compared to the past as well as the concern the 'new' scatter gun approach is rewarding some players within a team whilst others can go untouched for months on end. Some countries now barely get a look in.

Please can a mod/dev post on this thread stating once and for all who it is (SM or SW) that is responsible for updating player ratings so that there isn't any confusion over this.

Okay if SW doesn't do the rating changes' date=' then I'll take back my accusation of SW Failing. It just transfers directly to SM as a:-

[b']

"FAIL"

[/b]

As 87+ says the ratings simply "are not getting done quick enough".

The high excitement of the game (& we DID have that years ago) has fizzled into a quagmire of "waiting for paint to dry" & parts don't ever seem to dry at all! The game needs fast paced action & not a "Snails Marathon".

To me it's not important resources being put into an ever bigger & bigger database let's have a better turnaround of keeping the ratings up-to-date!

Idea: why don't SM offer say a European League or English League or an anywhere else League where they guarantee every player will be re-rated on a yearly basis? I'd join up in a flash!

This is the main point. I can only tell you that SW' date=' since his first day, was NEVER about ratings

, I can state all Ratings stuff is a SM issue, as they're the only people who have acces to that.[/quote']

;2995824']Have been directed here and would just like to clarify:

Yes' date=' Argala and myself are the admins on SW & No we cannot change ratings.[/b']

Could you please explain then, why, when a dev answers a question about ratings, we get the stock answer of -

"Player and player ratings are reviewed and updated by members of the Soccer Wiki community. This information is then transferred over."?

http://forum.soccermanager.com/showthread.php?t=170908

see post 2

This infers that SM has nothing to do with ratings.

Look at post 8 where I asked this question 2 weeks ago and surprisingly got no reply.

I've read all of the posts within the link provided and also within this one. Many thanks to those that have taken the time to provide feedback. I will pass this on to the Soccer Wiki development team.

Another SM stock answer ;)

Could you please explain then' date=' why, when a dev answers a question about ratings, we get the stock answer of -

"Player and player ratings are reviewed and updated by members of the Soccer Wiki community. This information is then transferred over."?

http://forum.soccermanager.com/showthread.php?t=170908

see post 2

This infers that SM has nothing to do with ratings.

Look at post 8 where I asked this question 2 weeks ago and surprisingly got no reply.

Another SM stock answer ;)

Glad you found the quote in red I couldn't be arsed :o

Asked a couple of days ago for a Dev/mod to clarify but still nothing, which is what I expected :rolleyes: Doubt we will get an answer any time soon and wouldn't be surprised if this time next year we still don't get an answer as after all they haven't bothered to clarify things over the last two years.

Glad you found the quote in red I couldn't be arsed :o

Asked a couple of days ago for a Dev/mod to clarify but still nothing' date=' which is what I expected :rolleyes: Doubt we will get an answer any time soon and wouldn't be surprised if this time next year we still don't get an answer as after all they haven't bothered to clarify things over the last two years.[/quote']

We have been asking for 2 years for clarification and recieved none, was hoping that having 2 SW admins and a Dev on this thread would provide answers, silly me :rolleyes:

All the answers we receive (SM saying everything comes from SW and the initial defence of SW when rolled out) led us to believe that SM no longer did ratings.

I've read all of the posts within the link provided and also within this one. Many thanks to those that have taken the time to provide feedback. I will pass this on to the Soccer Wiki development team.

Steven could you please clarify how player ratings are determined?

For example, we appear to be having a League review of Argentina at the minute. Is this SM or a group of SW users? Can JMH or Argala please shed any light?

We have been asking for 2 years for clarification and recieved none' date=' was hoping that having 2 SW admins and a Dev on this thread would provide answers, silly me :rolleyes:

All the answers we receive (SM saying everything comes from SW and the initial defence of SW when rolled out) led us to believe that SM no longer did ratings.

Steven could you please clarify how player ratings are determined?

For example, we appear to be having a League review of Argentina at the minute. Is this SM or a group of SW users? Can JMH or Argala please shed any light?[/quote']

Well said. I eagerly await a response from SM.

For example' date=' we appear to be having a League review of Argentina at the minute. Is this SM or a group of SW users? Can JMH or Argala please shed any light?[/quote']

As i preiously said, any SW user has any kind of power, speaking about ratings. I don't know if a SW DEV (like vicky) or any other DEV do this, but SW is not about ratings, in any visible section of the website.

As i preiously said' date=' any SW user [b']has[/b] any kind of power, speaking about ratings. I don't know if a SW DEV (like vicky) or any other DEV do this, but SW is not about ratings, in any visible section of the website.

has - doesnt have?

I agree with what you are saying but the statement below by a dev (I believe) strongly suggests SW is responsible for the ratings. The Dev's silence over this makes you wonder :rolleyes:

"Player and player ratings are reviewed and updated by members of the Soccer Wiki community. This information is then transferred over."

As i preiously said' date=' any SW user has any kind of power, speaking about ratings. I don't know if a SW DEV (like vicky) or any other DEV do this, but SW is not about ratings, in any visible section of the website.[/quote']

Thanks for the reply. Hopefully a Dev may reply, after all they call themselves community managers :rolleyes: Other than stock answers they don't appear to talk to the community :confused:

Going back to the confusion and why SW is getting blamed, these are quotes from a thread discussing ratings when SW was in its infancy.

;2567076']

im starting to think SM also have a hand in rising odd players...

;2451821'] you can get the masses on here to start submitting changes and start to set the wheels in motion to get new ratings for the players...

[/b]

;2453000']

its is undeniably a positive that any work i or anyone can do on soccerwiki has a consequence in game regarding ratings now' date=' risers or droppers[/quote']

JMH. I am not on a witch hunt against you, its just that you were the only one trying to explain how SW worked.

However, from your replies and the Dev's answers of 'everything is transferred over from SW', the only conclusion that can be drawn is that SW does ratings.

JMH, 12 months on from the above quotes, can you shed any more light on this?

All this time being spent by players who like the game and are frustrated at the failings of the rating system and still -

NOTHING HAS CHANGED!

How much longer do participants of this game have to keep bashing away for an answer ?

The last rating change I saw was a 35 yr old GK at QpR dropping a point - this was about 2 weeks ago - it really is totally pathetic

Where is the respect for the people who play this game ? Where are the answers!?

All this time being spent by players who like the game and are frustrated at the failings of the rating system and still -

NOTHING HAS CHANGED!

How much longer do participants of this game have to keep bashing away for an answer ?

The last rating change I saw was a 35 yr old GK at QpR dropping a point - this was about 2 weeks ago - it really is totally pathetic

Where is the respect for the people who play this game ? Where are the answers!?

Have to agree it's shameful the incredible & painful slowness that player ratings are done (by SM it would seem). Most people complaining in past years have already left so I guess there is not as many protesting nowadays & it's even worse now! Might have to lose another team & a gameworld soon & consequently spend less time on SM & on here :(

I have stated on many different threads my dissapointment with how this once great game has now become. I have also said that the only reason i have not cancelled my teams is because of the amount of time it has taken me to build my sides. I have set myself a time line of 6 months to see an improvement of the current ratings system, after that, its time to call it a day :(:(

It beggers belief that we STILL have not had a response from anybody at SM explaining what it happening. Sad, sad times indeed, what a shame that nobody at SM gives a monkeys.

;3002174']review 3 leagues in the space of several days

:P

After many months of inactivity this is very welcome.

Do you know who is doing the reviews?

Is it a permanent thing or will it fizzle out as it has done so many times in the past?

You have posted this on the 'Vast improvement of Soccerwiki needed' thread, does this mean SW is playing a part? You have explained its not you admins, are there other resources at SW?

There has recently been several threads discussing this that have had a Dev on them, cant believe the ratings procedure is such a secret and no communication is forthcoming.

Rilo I'll have a crack at answering your questions mate ;)

After many months of inactivity this is very welcome.

I'm assuming you made a typo and meant years rather than months?

Do you know who is doing the reviews?

This I don't know BUT as something has been done the last few days I feel we can safely rule out SM or SW :D

Is it a permanent thing or will it fizzle out as it has done so many times in the past?

As I look into my crystal ball it tells me it will fizzle out. Yes you heard it hear first people I'm making such a bold prediction as to say it will fizzle out :rolleyes:

You have posted this on the 'Vast improvement of Soccerwiki needed' thread' date=' does this mean SW is playing a part? You have explained its not you admins, are there other resources at SW?[/quote']

Trevor the office mouse but he only has little hands!

Only joking there are 2 staplers, 23 paper clips, 6 pens, 2 abacus' a water fountain, a ZX Spectrum and 53 rolls of toilet paper.

They are hoping to upgrade the ZX Spectrum to a Commodore 64 in the coming years :P

There has recently been several threads discussing this that have had a Dev on them' date=' cant believe the ratings procedure is such a secret and no communication is forthcoming.[/quote']

Apparently you have to have worked for MI5 before they will even consider hiring you for a role in SM headquarters. That's what I heard anyway from someone who new someone.

I hope this information helps ease your mind as I feel better just for having shared it :D

Whilst the3 league review is a positive step - we still have a whole loads of player position changes etc hovering for way to long to be processed

like a simple player retirement submitted by an admin 10 days ago has yet to be processed (despite one submitted later being accepted) - it's a 2 second google search to confirm if a player has retired or not

;3002174']review 3 leagues in the space of several days

:P

I equate this to a Snail sleeping most of the summer & then deciding to "sprint" a few inches. The Rating System is a Total Failure, far, far too slow & has been for a number of years but even worse in last 6 months I'd say.

Double what they are doing in "space of several days" and keep it going for a year or more, then maybe it's something actually worth shouting about.

I equate this to a Snail sleeping most of the summer & then deciding to "sprint" a few inches. The Rating System is a Total Failure' date=' far, far too slow & has been for a number of years but even worse in last 6 months I'd say.

Double what they are doing in "space of several days" and keep it going for a year or more, then maybe it's something actually worth shouting about.[/quote']

This ^^^^^^^^^ :)

I always knew SW had no effect on ratings. Probably had the power to add new players.

It's only use is to take away responsibility from SM.

Why not just get a group of members to oversee ratings? If SM are too lazy to do it themselves. But even setting up this may be too tiring. I'd be willing.

I think this is the least active period in the forums history. Must mean a lot of have been leaving.

I always knew SW had no effect on ratings. Probably had the power to add new players.

It's only use is to take away responsibility from SM.

Why not just get a group of members to oversee ratings? If SM are too lazy to do it themselves. But even setting up this may be too tiring. I'd be willing.

I think this is the least active period in the forums history. Must mean a lot of have been leaving.

Would you be prepared to give up all your clubs?

And your forum registration?

;3002727']Would you be prepared to give up all your clubs?

And why would he need to do that?

You don't have to give these up to effect changes of data on SW. Surely a rating is just another piece of data? Is it more important than a player position?

;3002727']Would you be prepared to give up all your clubs?

Why would I have to?:confused:

This is all hypothetical anyway. I'm pretty sure they wouldn't allow what I'm suggesting. What would be so bad about having a group of lets say 10 from the forum, overseeing this? When at least 5 votes on a rating change has been met, it's changed.