Sign in to follow this  
KopStar

Vast improvement of Soccerwiki needed

Re: Vast improvement of Soccerwiki needed

Seen it all before, a token flow of reviews to stem the criticism, then probably a COMPLETE SHUTDOWN from middle of december to middle of January :(

A few players were completely inadequately rated & will have to wait a long time to be raised again as well. :(

Seen it all before' date=' a token flow of reviews to stem the criticism, then probably a COMPLETE SHUTDOWN from middle of december to middle of January :(

A few players were completely inadequately rated & will have to wait a long time to be raised again as well. :([/quote']

Yeah in someways the small rise is worse than no rise, but still not as bad as Blue's classic hit All Rise. :eek:

Marcos Guilherme +2 taking him to 80 - Had to be no less than 81, probably 82.

João Schmidt getting +1 taking to him to 77??? had to be minimum 78/79

It is great to see another good day of reviews. It makes the game so so more enjoyable to see the fruits of my labour pay off regarding scouting and is just an excellent aspect of the game.

I know there is massive amount of work yet to be done but looking forward to this new trend continuing.

We certainly need to investigate the reason why they willfully decide to let certain aspects of the game decay.

You could well be correct in your theory that it is done to even the playing field for the casual player. That would also explain why they have created the single player mode and also why they have spent alot of time redesigning the phone app' date=' ahead of player ratings, match engine etc.

So the thinking is that obviously the one thing that will keep people playing and investing for aslong as possible is to make the game easier for the casual player. After all everyone wants to win, everyone wants the best players, best teams blah blah. So perhaps the neglect of player ratings and not improving the match engine was a simple delay tactic.

So once the single player mode is complete they will have a more friendly format for casual players who want to have a little bit of throw away fun whilst on there smart phones at work or on the bus or perhaps whilst taking a dump. They don't have the time or inclination to worry about bidding wars for top players or scouting the Finnish league for risers.

Game becomes more accessible, more popular, more money from advertising etc

Then i guess once that is taken care of they will update the player ratings and sort out the match engine for us sad mo fo's?

That may be true or might be absolute nonsense. Anyone else got any theories?[/quote']

They need REAL and PROPER businesmen to tell them how it's done. Short term gain, it's a UK thing, just about making a quick quid. They really need to get long term business tactics in place. Like you said, they handicap the best managers so the newer, more casual managers can come in and have the best players, teams, etc... This is true. What they SHOULD be doing is not handicapping anyone and encourage new managers to learn how to play the game properly, just like the way I learned. This will lead to new managers cemented into the game and therefore more likely they'll buy gold packages and in turn, increase the popularity of the game.

The more dedicated managers, then the more fun and enjoyable the game will be and the more inclined SM will feel to ACTUALLY upgrade the match engine, player ratings and remove cheats.

At the moment they seem to want to emulate Football Manager which is a shame as SM has always had a great USP. It would've been nice if they realised this earlier on.

Riferimento: Vast improvement of Soccerwiki needed

Jesus christ, what the heck is wrong with soccerwiki?

Yesterday I made a couple of submissions where I spent some good time gathering info on teams of lower divisions (divisions already featured in the DB) that are actually missing and they got rejected and LOL, my reputation lowered?

Like, seriously?

Who the heck checks this thing?

Because if it's the user voting, then I wonder if people are voting with their dick.

I'm pretty sure it's not though, then there's something seriously wrong with the admins. It would've took one minute to check transfermarkt\soccerway\wikipedia\official references and notice that I am posting correct infos instead of randomly pressing reject.

Also tried PM argala or JMH, no answer since a week. *sigh*

The system is knackered and they just won't admit it. So many players have been bought on the strength of their recent performances over the last few months and their ratings haven't even been looked at. What is the point in buying promising players when this game DOESN'T RECOGNISE THEM???

Utterly useless

The system is knackered and they just won't admit it. So many players have been bought on the strength of their recent performances over the last few months and their ratings haven't even been looked at. What is the point in buying promising players when this game DOESN'T RECOGNISE THEM???

Utterly useless

Dont expect too much. Customers are complaining for over 5 years, and nothing has changed.

I think SM is just a group of 3-4 part-time developers, and that's it. They need people with good knowledge of football to keep ratings/positions up to date.

Dont expect too much. Customers are complaining for over 5 years' date=' and nothing has changed.[/color']

I think SM is just a group of 3-4 part-time developers, and that's it. They need people with good knowledge of football to keep ratings/positions up to date.

I agree but there is this Dev's post gave some of us hope, maybe fading hope with the recent passage of time :o:( (about 7posts back)

http://forum.soccermanager.com/showthread.php?t=171128

"We are in the final stages of putting a plan together and it will be posted soon here on the forum. Then we will ask for your help in editing, modifying and getting it right. After that we will get underway with doing it all."

I agree but there is this Dev's post gave some of us hope' date=' maybe fading hope with the recent passage of time :o:( (about 7posts back)

[url']http://forum.soccermanager.com/showthread.php?t=171128[/url]

"We are in the final stages of putting a plan together and it will be posted soon here on the forum. Then we will ask for your help in editing, modifying and getting it right. After that we will get underway with doing it all."

As I said on the linked thread, I hope their definition of soon is the same as ours!

I also took some hope from the fact they restarted league by league reviews a few weeks back. However, as I said on another thread, they have spent the last couple of weeks doing the lower leagues of Argentina and Brazil. I don't understand how these were prioritised over many other leagues requiring updating. eg Championship, Ligue 2, Bundesliga 2, Poland, Croatia, Paraguay etc..

They have now started Ligue 1, so I assume the Big 5 are under way. Lets hope it doesnt take 3 months like normal.

As I said on the linked thread' date=' I hope their definition of soon is the same as ours!

I also took some hope from the fact they restarted league by league reviews a few weeks back. However, as I said on another thread, they have spent the last couple of weeks doing the lower leagues of Argentina and Brazil. I don't understand how these were prioritised over many other leagues requiring updating. eg Championship, Ligue 2, Bundesliga 2, Poland, Croatia, Paraguay etc..

They have now started Ligue 1, so I assume the Big 5 are under way. Lets hope it doesnt take 3 months like normal.[/quote']

Exactly my thoughts Rilo :) We will see .... HOPE it's NOT JUST ANOTHER disappointment in a long list of disappointments :(

Riferimento: Re: Vast improvement of Soccerwiki needed

I also took some hope from the fact they restarted league by league reviews a few weeks back. However' date=' as I said on another thread, they have spent the last couple of weeks doing the lower leagues of Argentina and Brazil. I don't understand how these were prioritised over many other leagues requiring updating. eg Championship, Ligue 2, Bundesliga 2, Poland, Croatia, Paraguay etc..

They have now started Ligue 1, so I assume the Big 5 are under way. Lets hope it doesnt take 3 months like normal.[/quote']

The hilarious thing is that I offered myself basically doing one of those minor foreign league all alone, since I needed updated data for my CW (the japanese one - a LOT of work is needed there) and they rejected things.

Now the question is why would you press rejected without even checking if I'm submitting correct data? Is this real world?

I'm basically doing some work for them and that's the answer.

okay.

And the other thing that seriously disturbs me is the impossibility to contact anyone. If I could, it'd probably take a minute to make them notice that I'm actually submitting correct data.

*snip*

previous post made on the 3rd of december - today is the 12th' date=' still nobody gave a damn.

PMs to Devs' answer was to send emails to soccerwiki.

Emails to soccerwiki were ignored.

PMs to JMH or argala were ignored.

Nobody cares about this game I guess, since we're at the point were people happily offering support are ignored.

Yet there's definitely someone on soccerwiki who has the time to reject stuff for fun!

I added Gamba Osaka as JLeague champion and at very least this didn't get rejected.

My reputation for some reason is still at [b']2[/b] - absolutely hilarious :D

Update time:

16th of december, half a month later, still no answers from soccerwiki emails, as expected.

Devs (at least the ones posting on the forum) still clueless of what's going on there at all, or who's even managing it, or purposedly letting users in the dark, hope that's not the case.

Two of the "admins", argala and JMH also completely disappeared which means that it's impossible to contact anyone to address wrong rejects.

Jesus christ. I could make a couple more submission just to see my reputation get to 0 and have some laughs at least, dunno. I have the new league logos ready for example but I know they will get rejected.

hi guys, reading through this thread i 100% agree that this is the #1 problem with SM at the moment. the player ratings have been awful for at least 2 years now. some are hilariously out of date. eg. glen johnson still 91, torres still 91, soldado, lamela still 91 to name but a few. it drastically lowers the enjoyment of a game that, IMO, is based around signing/selling players and waiting for them to rise/fall. this is the essence of this game, which is unique in that it is based on real world form. it is an excellent quality to have, but not when the rating system is sooooooo slow. ideally we would have a system where each league is reviewed every 6 months without fail, but if players are in desperate need of a change they can be at any time. to name an example, harry kane is currently 83 but should be 86/87 so can rise now instead of waiting for england's review. there are many of these cases.

i don't actually understand what this soccer wiki thing does? seems to have been in place for ages but what actually happens? i created an acc yesterday and suggested about 50 new ratings, but what actually happens? does this influence changes on the game? can anyone explain? do we have any representatives from the soccerwiki website here? i'm confused and frustrated at the lack and randomness of rating changes over the last 2 years.

So we have a new portal when we log on. On this it states:

The player ratings go up and down based on community votes

Still cant believe we cant find out how SW works and its relationship with SM.

Riferimento: Re: Vast improvement of Soccerwiki needed

If you read the tooltip on the ? it pretty much explains that that's just a way to say that player ratings isn't influenced in the game

http://forum.soccermanager.com/showpost.php?p=2995402&postcount=26

http://forum.soccermanager.com/showpost.php?p=2994545&postcount=10

here's the best answers on soccerwiki in general so far - hilariously' date=' they don't even come from a Dev.

In regards to ratings I'm [i']generally[/i]pleased with them so I never had any concernes - I'm more concerned about the game data being kept wrong - but I can see why someone else would like a more in-depth answer about the process.

hi guys' date=' reading through this thread i 100% agree that this is the #1 problem with SM at the moment. the player ratings have been awful for at least 2 years now. some are hilariously out of date. eg. glen johnson still 91, torres still 91, soldado, lamela still 91 to name but a few. it drastically lowers the enjoyment of a game that, IMO, is based around signing/selling players and waiting for them to rise/fall. this is the essence of this game, which is unique in that it is based on real world form. it is an excellent quality to have, but not when the rating system is sooooooo slow. ideally we would have a system where each league is reviewed every 6 months without fail, but if players are in desperate need of a change they can be at any time. to name an example, harry kane is currently 83 but should be 86/87 so can rise now instead of waiting for england's review. there are many of these cases.

i don't actually understand what this soccer wiki thing does? seems to have been in place for ages but what actually happens? i created an acc yesterday and suggested about 50 new ratings, but what actually happens? does this influence changes on the game? can anyone explain? do we have any representatives from the soccerwiki website here? i'm confused and frustrated at the lack and randomness of rating changes over the last 2 years.[/quote']

Well said... Totally agree with you Guys!

How can a database be so hard to update? I'm frustrated with this game. Futhead works - why don't you take some tips from it. Community votes for player increases/decreases. Pfft. I see many players with adequate requests for upgrades mostly ignored. Sure if an in form player gets a minor increase like Harry Kane 86-88 that's pretty spot on. Surely though a lot of others go to the wayside. Christian Benteke 89??? 90 more like. Romelu Lukaku 90? 89 surely. It doesn't matter though really does it. I've voted on multiple players now and very rarely see an influence on ratings. So basically what is the point of this game? Oh the point is buy Messi,Neuer,Ronaldo,Pirlo etc and instantly win. What you going to do when they're all gone? By the way i pay for the game.

Plenty of tinkering at the edges with positional changes and minus ones whilst the main pool of players 99% of managers are interested in remain ignored for over 12mths.

Staggering neglect from SM.

At least explain to us how we, the paying customer, can improve matters with Soccer Wiki if it's now down to us to do your job !!!

Guest Redsky

I'm at the breaking point if i'm honest. This latest round of rating reviews has ****** me right off. I've been playing this game for almost 3 years now and this is the lowest it's been. There hasn't been any development in the multiplayer game in these 3 years and the good part of the game (the ratings) has now gotten so bad that enjoyment has been replaced by frustration. I'm going to see my Season out then i'm out.

These ratings are the final straw tbh. I had hoped that Soccermanager might finally realise the error in their ways but it seems obvious from reading this forum that they really don't care about the multiplayer game at all. It's a shame.

I'll pass on that feedback.

SM Dev.

I wanted to add to this to by saying that i completely agree with this board....the current system just doesn’t work.

I used to really enjoy playing this game but the full game has changed for me because of the inefficiency of the player rating system. I used to spend hours on SM, I used to love that fact that if you spent a bit of time scouting players in real life, then you hard work would play off once the players rating changed. This is not the case now, I have some players who I have had for 2 seasons (real life time) and their ratings haven’t changed, I personally don’t think this would have been the case under the old system.

This system has also made it a lot harder to build a small team, which I used to do, as you cannot rely on regular rating changes to allow for sell your players on for a profit. This is a possible cause for alot of empty game worlds since you have forced managers to only pick decent teams to compete.

I would imagine what SM would want manager to spend hours on here doing the kind of things i have mentioned but i for one do not feel that it’s worth the hassle anymore when you don’t get the reward (rating change) you used too.

Please please please review this system and get it back to something like the old way!

I actually think I could do a better job myself than the current system

From the "Suspension" pages of Soccerwiki:

dWCyvNa.png

So yes, there is an active admin on Soccerwiki and no, I refuse to believe that Soccer Manager doesn't know who this guy is or how to contact him.

What did this user do to get banned?

Player-wise, he made really a lot of work, and 95% of it was approved. I took a look at some of the rare rejections and, as usual, some are wrong. For example, yes, Kyle Venter was indeed released. News is on LA Galaxy's official website.

Some were even transfers that happened, like, yesterday. So he was definitely a quality user.

Yes, there are some rejections especially on a few players that he put on "released" status for example on the 8th december and I don't know if it was correct or not, but overall it's clear that most of his stuff was correct.

Overall, I think that Soccerwiki is missing a field were you can paste an URL with your source for the news so that everyone, including people who upvote or downvote, know what the heck you're actually basing on.

On the team's side, there a lot with "Voting closed. Awaiting decision" even if they happened months ago but considering none of those are in the DB I assume they were rejected.

Date Submitted Status

Bharat FC -> this is a new club of the I-League. On paper, the new season hasn't started yet so I guess one could reject this submission for this reason. But the league will start on the 17th of January, and considering how slow the process of submitting thing is, it didn't seem a good idea to reject it since it's so close. Data was correct per-se.

FC Montreal Tue 18 Nov, 2014 (Voting closed. Awaiting decision)

FC Montréal Fri 31 Oct, 2014 (Voting closed. Awaiting decision)

He tried two times to submit FC Montreal, probably because he didn't understand why it was rejected. The situation here is the same. Data is correct. The next season of USL Pro hasn't started yet though, I think it starts around April, so I guess I could sorta understand rejecting this.

Funny enough on USL Pro's SW page there's a guy who commented

"Add Austin Aztex to league and move Orlando city to MLS. Seasons are over for all American soccer."

Doesn't seem to be possible, my friend!

CDR Moimenta da Beira Thu 30 Oct, 2014

-> This was a correct submission. This club didn't (and still doesn't) exist on soccerwiki - unless it's there with a wrong name, but I doubt it. It's playing in group C in the portoguese 3rd div. And the league is fully going on right now.

Colorado Springs Switchbacks FC Thu 23 Oct, 2014

Colorado Springs Switchbacks FC Thu 23 Oct, 2014

-> not sure why he submitted it twice, anyway it's just like FC Montreal. Correct data, just the league hasn't started yet. It's a club that will play in the next season.

Tulsa Roughnecks FC Wed 15 Oct, 2014

-> same situation

Campeonato Nacional de Seniores Serie D Thu 25 Sep, 2014 Rejected

-> This was correct. Infact, this league has groups from A to letter H but we have only A, B, C on Soccerwiki because, as usual, data is old.

There are also several clubs like FC Cesarense which are present on soccerwiki and are in Serie C, which is completely wrong, and the season is going on right now. Of course, if Serie D is rejected it's impossible to fix these clubs and move it to their correct division.

Alpha United FC Wed 20 Aug, 2014

->

Correct submission. It was a club playing in the GFF Super League.

Arizona United SC Thu 13 Mar, 2014 Rejected

->

this was indeed a mistake, because Phoenix FC was a deceased club and he changed the name to Arizona United, but he should've sent in Arizona United as a new club, instead (which is now in the DB).

Orange County Blues FC Mon 24 Feb, 2014 Rejected

He had updated their stadium, location, medium name, colors.

I checked and it was all correct data.

Note that if you go on to look this club's data, yes, there is still the old, wrong, data. Wrong colors, wrong name, wrong stadium.

So no, he did not "submit incorrect data" mostly, let alone "numerous". It can be discussed if he submitted a few things too early but that's a different matter and certainly not worthy of a suspension.

Wonder if I'll be the next, LOL. And just to be clear, no, I didn't submit data about stuff that's going to happen next season. Mine was all data that was correct - right now. :/