Sign in to follow this  
KopStar

Vast improvement of Soccerwiki needed

Riferimento: Vast improvement of Soccerwiki needed

So, yeah.

First of all, happy holidays everyone!

I'm happy to announce that I did it: I reached reputation 0 only out of correct submissions. Wohoo!

Guess I'm gonna make another couple of correct submissions to get banned and then we'll have a party.

Oh and, in case some Dev still lies to you suggesting that submission are approved or rejected "on fans' vote" here's further proof.

ScV3xSE.png

"Awaiting decision" means that the admin will reject or approve it. It has nothing to do with vote.

If I go on the club's page and try to edit it, it tells me that there's something already being voted on, but when I click on it, it tells me:

There is no Club Data to vote on.

If you followed a link it may be that the data you are trying to view has recently been approved or rejected.

Just to be clear, all my submissions were correct, and after the first one, I had the people playing multiplayer on SM with me voting them, so that I could disprove that it's about fans' vote.

First, I tried to rename JFL, into J3 League. This was the best approach because all the clubs that are currently under JFL are actually playing in J3 since well over a year. Then, I would've submitted JFL into the system again.

Then, after two random rejections, I tried to simply add J3 as a new league. It was stupid, because that way then I would have to move every single club from JFL to J3 but hey, gotta do what I can against incompetence I guess?

But nope, it was rejected again. LOL

dis league doesn't exist!1

Now, considering that I've spent money on this and I have all the rights to have the game data up to date since it says that it's handled, "by the fans" as promised, I guess I'll start an active campaign against the game on social media. I'm starting up a blog later on today, which recalls all of what happened. I've screened all forum posts and SW stuff because I've already seen bad attempts at censorship by deleting comments on the facebook's page, which is the opposite of what a Customer Services is supposed to do (i.e. at least learn to use PR stuff like "We're sorry about you're problem, we'll look into it").

I'm incredibly disappointed anyway, since I started playing this game in 2011 :(. I've never seen a worst customer support in my entire life.

If anyone has any different suggestion about what I can do to gain attention on the problem, feel free to PM me or answer here. I'd welcome any better suggestion than actively bad mouthing the game but, as I said in the past, unfortunately it feels like knocking on a locked door so I'm not sure what else I can do. I've also thought about making a petition...

The hilarious thing is that if things worked as they should I would've already brought 10+ more friends to SM, because they were interested in playing lower leagues, and I would be going around saying "check this game guys, you can play any club".

Re: Vast improvement of Soccerwiki needed

Hello Guys.

Happy New Year!!! Hope your well.

Whats been going on then? Any improvements regarding player ratings? Played the single player game today for the 1st time in a few months and it didn't appear much had changed on that front. Plus i still don't receive transfer bids for my players. Laughable

:D

Hello Guys.

Happy New Year!!! Hope your well.

Whats been going on then? Any improvements regarding player ratings? Played the single player game today for the 1st time in a few months and it didn't appear much had changed on that front. Plus i still don't receive transfer bids for my players. Laughable

:D

Happy New Year (that seems a long time ago now!)

Don't know where your up to, but they appear to have started league by league again alongside SW's random risers. They did a few leagues in November and are now doing Spain, the last one of the big 5 To be done. Speed of reviews is not fantastic, they started the big 5 at the beginning of December.

Ratings are subjective, but there has been alot of negative posts and discussion about the accuracy of recent reviews.

We were promised an improvement a couple of months ago now that single player is launched, from what I can see, SW is still only doing a few low rated risers a day and the league by league is doing 2/3 teams a day. Not the vast improvement called for on this thread!

I am also only receiving a few bids for players from externals, had players on the list for weeks.

Thank you guys for responding. :D

Looks as though nothing has changed, not that i'm surprised. SM is geared up to make as much profit as it can get away with, they might throw us some scraps soon but still a little too busy at the moment i guess.

Money always ruins everything hey?

Guest Redsky

I have no idea if the SM Staff have a process of accepting player rating changes, but if you don't then hopefully the below will draw your attention to what is (as I think everyone will agree) is the most important part of this game; the rating review. Please consider SM that player ratings is the very core of this game, now consider what happens when the best clubs in one of the top leagues get essentially ignored.

I'm sure if you looked at statistics it would be clear that from Ligue 1, PSG, Lyon, Monaco and Marseille are the clubs that have the most manager owned players. So when you look at the below table you will see that there has been a big problem in how they've been reviewed. If most of the managers own players from these clubs and the players they own aren't changing then the game will stagnate. I hope SM Staff will bother to reply to this post given that I had to check 705 player pages to see if they had risen or not. This took some time to compile and i'm doing it for your benefit. Thanks for reading.

ligue1_summer_14-15.jpg

I have no idea if the SM Staff have a process of accepting player rating changes' date=' but if you don't then hopefully the below will draw your attention to what is (as I think everyone will agree) is the most important part of this game; the rating review. Please consider SM that player ratings is the very core of this game, now consider what happens when the best clubs in one of the top leagues get essentially ignored.

I'm sure if you looked at statistics it would be clear that from Ligue 1, PSG, Lyon, Monaco and Marseille are the clubs that have the most manager owned players. So when you look at the below table you will see that there has been a big problem in how they've been reviewed. If most of the managers own players from these clubs and the players they own aren't changing then the game will stagnate. I hope SM Staff will bother to reply to this post given that I had to check 705 player pages to see if they had risen or not. This took some time to compile and i'm doing it for your benefit. Thanks for reading.

[img']https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/30654692/redcafe/sm/ligue1_summer_14-15.jpg[/img]

You have drawn your findings from one time period - May 2015, and im confused even how you got those findings as ive counted 11 changes in total for 2015 alone for PSG. Have you included players that dropped?

Also players like Digne, Matuidi, Verratti (rose twice in 2015 alone) had rises in the half of the season before 2015. I would hardly say that the PSG ratings have been stagnant.

Many PSG players are overrated for Ligue 1 so many will remain stable.

Briefly Lyon too, i count 12 players changing, and thats not counting multiple rises for the likes of Lacazette (x2 rises this season), Ferri (3 rises), Fekir (3 rises) Tolisso (3) N'jie (x4 rises this season alone)

Ligue 1 is ultimately a poor league standard so dont expect players to keep rising and rising IE PSG, Lyon, Marseille.

not every player will change every time its reviewed, and plus players have been changing over the course of the season too.

Guest Redsky
;n5096115]You have drawn your findings from one time period - May 2015' date=' and im confused even how you got those findings as ive counted 11 changes in total for 2015 alone for PSG. Have you included players that dropped?

Also players like Digne, Matuidi, Verratti (rose twice in 2015 alone) had rises in the half of the season before 2015. I would hardly say that the PSG ratings have been stagnant.

Many PSG players are overrated for Ligue 1 so many will remain stable.

Briefly Lyon too, i count 12 players changing, and thats not counting multiple rises for the likes of Lacazette (x2 rises this season), Ferri (3 rises), Fekir (3 rises) Tolisso (3) N'jie (x4 rises this season alone)

Ligue 1 is ultimately a poor league standard so dont expect players to keep rising and rising IE PSG, Lyon, Marseille.

not every player will change every time its reviewed, and plus players have been changing over the course of the season too.

[/quote']

The tables are only calculated from May 18th to May 21st. I've taken into account players that were also reviewed during the Portugal/Netherlands League reviews as well. That should be evident from the titles. Not enough of them were reviewed this rating window, I see no way you can argue against that given that PSG only had 3 players reviewed from a SM squad of 32 and Marseille 2 from 33. Not to mention Saint Ettiene that got over looked.

The quality of the league doesn't matter, there are plenty of players that deserved rating increases that weren't given. While plenty of players that deserved their ratings to go down which weren't. Obviously some clubs have rating caps which prevent players from rising that's a given, it's how you balance a game like this. But the lifeblood of this game is player ratings and when all the gameworld managers finally get to the official rating review and only 2 Marseille players are rated then there's something very, very wrong with the process.

The tables are only calculated from May 18th to May 21st. I've taken into account players that were also reviewed during the Portugal/Netherlands League reviews as well. That should be evident from the titles. Not enough of them were reviewed this rating window' date=' I see no way you can argue against that given that PSG only had 3 players reviewed from a SM squad of 32 and Marseille 2 from 33. Not to mention Saint Ettiene that got over looked.

The quality of the league doesn't matter, there are plenty of players that deserved rating increases that weren't given. While plenty of players that deserved their ratings to go down which weren't. Obviously some clubs have rating caps which prevent players from rising that's a given, it's how you balance a game like this. But the lifeblood of this game is player ratings and when all the gameworld managers finally get to the official rating review and only 2 Marseille players are rated then there's something very, very wrong with the process.[/quote']

Yes but im highlighting players have risen across the season. If those rises didnt taken place, youd have a larger quantity of rises wouldnt you.

You making out Ligue 1 is a great league...its not. Quality of league DOES matter! How else would a rating spread between stronger leagues be apparent if the co-effiecients werent factored in!

What wholesale rises were due to Marseille then? They finished 4th and played no part in Europe this season & failed miserably in both cups. The only player i see worth getting a rise got one, Imbula. Thauvin possibly but he was voted in Ligue 1 Worst XI. Mendy & Dja Djedje played all season but both in there breakout Ligue 1 season, Dja Djedje was last a regular in 2011/12

Ligue 1 tops sides bar PSG should be at 87/88/89 for exceptional players/internationals. Most of them already are at Marseille, Saint Etienne.

DO the same comparisions when Spain, England Italy are done, youll see the same.

Chelsea arent going to get many rises, Nor are Barcelona or Madrid or Bayern or Juventus

Guest Redsky
;n5097214]Yes but im highlighting players have risen across the season. If those rises didnt taken place' date=' youd have a larger quantity of rises wouldnt you.[/quote']

The season in split up into two regular rating windows. Winter and Summer. Even if you look at all of the season August 14 - May 15 Marseille had a grand total of 6 rises (2 rises to the same player). 6 rises for the entire season. That's terrible. As you'll see from the above table, 14 clubs had 6 or more rises in May alone!

;n5097214]You making out Ligue 1 is a great league...its not. Quality of league DOES matter! How else would a rating spread between stronger leagues be apparent if the co-effiecients werent factored in!

Quality of league only matters when determining a clubs rating cap. It should never factor in to a players rating only whether they've hit their cap with said club. For example (using another league as reference)' date=' I could see that Johannes Geis wouldn't rise because imo Mainz' rating cap should be on 88. In my rating system I allow 1 rating above for the exceptional talents, but Geis hasn't reached that yet.

;n5097214]What wholesale rises were due to Marseille then? They finished 4th and played no part in Europe this season & failed miserably in both cups. The only player i see worth getting a rise got one, Imbula. Thauvin possibly but he was voted in Ligue 1 Worst XI. Mendy & Dja Djedje played all season but both in there breakout Ligue 1 season, Dja Djedje was last a regular in 2011/12

I'd have done the below:

+1 - 90 / GIGNAC, André-Pierre (great season, deserved)

+1 - 88 / MENDY, Benjamin (highest assists for a fullback in Ligue 1, 2918mins)

+1 - 88 / MOREL, Jérémy (first team for 1 and half seasons, he's 31 but deserves his raise)

-1 - 87 / ALESSANDRINI, Romain (hasn't been a regular for two seasons now)

+1 - 86 / LEMINA, Mario (he's a squad player, max rating for now until he gets more game time but deserved the rise)

I'd also agree with the changes SW made below:

-1 - 88 / FANNI, Rod (33 years old)

+2 - 78 / ALOÉ, Baptiste (deserved for 348mins since last rating in December)

I don't think many people could grumble about the above. If Imbula and Dja Djedje keep playing regular football till Christmas then they'll deserve their next rises.

;n5097214]Ligue 1 tops sides bar PSG should be at 87/88/89 for exceptional players/internationals. Most of them already are at Marseille' date=' Saint Etienne.

DO the same comparisions when Spain, England Italy are done, youll see the same.

Chelsea arent going to get many rises, Nor are Barcelona or Madrid or Bayern or Juventus[/quote']

This again demonstrates my point. These clubs always need rating increases/decreases to keep the game from not stagnating. A year is a long time in Soccermanager, it's basically 2 seasons worth. If players from the teams you've mentioned aren't getting rated then the majority of the players owned in the gameworld will remain the same for 2 SM seasons. You need changes to keep the game evolving. The rating review is meant to be an exciting period for a manager, instead it's been very disappointing (both french and german leagues).

While i'm here i'll also say that stringing the review process along isn't favourable, it's just pissing people off. We've had 15 rating reviews in the last 2 days from SCO Angers, it shouldn't take two days to rate one club (they are going through the process of retiring players but given that there are several duplicates currently in the player changes tab I don't really understand how they're messing this up?). I generally miss Soccermanager reviews now, granted they were less frequent but they were significantly more thorough and reliable. Sigh.