300k investment for sm

S04

Re: 300k investment for sm

8/9 months 600k & the single player once released will generate alot of money as well ;)

http://www.prolificnorth.co.uk/2014/09/soccer-manager-300k-investment/

The Preston-based independent studio behind the online multiplayer football management game SoccerManager.com has received a £300,000 investment from a leading tech investor.

Mercia Fund Management announced that it ‘is kicking off the new football season’ with the investment in the platform which was formed in 2006.

Soccer Manager CEO Andrew Gore said: “We are excited to be working with Mercia Fund Management due to their significant industry experience and strong network of contacts.”

The company was founded by Andrew and Christopher and Steven Gore plus Peter Adams. Soccer Manager allows players to manage their favourite football team and compete against other sides across the world. It is popular in South America, Indonesia and southern European countries, including Italy, Spain and Turkey.

Soccer Manager will now use the investment to finalise production of new sports related titles, grow existing development capacity and gain third party support and expertise. Industry expert and former director of brand marketing at SEGA, Matt Eyre, has now become involved to help grow the Soccer Manager brand.

It is the second six-figure investment it has secured in the past year having won a six-figure finance package from the Lancashire Rosebud Fund in December 2013 to assist with development and translation costs to make the game available to other platforms.

The business is just one of Mercia Fund Management’s growing portfolio of gaming companies which benefit from both investment and also sector expertise from former SEGA CEO Mike Hayes (Mercia Investment Director) and ex-Codemasters MD Nick Wheelwright (Mercia Investment Panel member).

Head of Mercia Fund Management’s digital division Mike Hayes said: “With over nine million people registered on SoccerManager.com since its launch and over 600,000 app downloads since December 2014, this is already proving to be a popular game.

“The vision behind the project and proven success to date makes Soccer Manager an ideal addition to our diversified portfolio of innovative gaming companies with disruptive technologies.”

West Midlands-based Mercia recently launched the Mercia Digital Fund uses the hybrid structure for tax-efficient investing via the Enterprise Investment Scheme (EIS) and Seed Enterprise Investment Scheme (SEIS). Mercia invests in a diversified portfolio of innovative digital companies with high growth potential.

Funny thing is we all wanted to make a soccermanager esque website/game when younger but these boys got in first. :(

New car ' date=' probably be able to buy Preston and set taxes for 600k nah Preston has it's nice spots played footy there a few times and visited a few resteraunts.

Anyway congrats :)[/quote']

Haha so true. I once went to the bank with a friend about 10 years ago to see if we could get a loan to start up our own football management game/website...needless to say we didn't get any investment that day :eek:

I said earlier in the year that this is going to be a big year for us and I still stand by that. We've got the right people backing the company in Merica. We're delighted to have Mike Hayes (ex CEO of Sega Europe / America) on our board as his experience and leadership will be invaluable. Matt Eyre (ex Brand / Marketing Director at Sega and also worked for EA) has also come on board and again his experience will be invaluable. We've also got a new Exec Chair (whose name I won't mention at the moment until a further press release) and we've made the right decision in appointing him. Again his experience will be invaluable and his track record speaks for itself.

As some of would've noticed from our Studio page, we've been recruiting over the course of the past few months to help drive our new project forward and also to carry out further development of our current offering.

We're definitely heading in the right direction and now have an excellent team to deliver what will be two free games, a Single Player & Multiplayer, and also address the concerns that you have been flagged up over the course of the year.

Next week the Single Player demo will move into Alpha and at the end of October / start of November it will then be moved into Beta and opened up to all of our community. We're really excited about this new project and we've made a game that you'll all enjoy and will be able to play anytime and anywhere. We've been testing out a new match engine in this game and once we're happy with it, we'll then roll it out in the Multiplayer.

After seeing a few comments in our communications over the past few months, I will state that the Multiplayer won't be abandoned once the Single Player is in Beta, we'll be turning our attention back to the Multiplayer in terms of development and continuing to make it an excellent community driven game. Therefore it's apt to finish on the following which I posted yesterday in another thread, "Soccer Manager was built by our community - in terms of why and how it launched, grew and currently operates. This is still the case and nothing has changed."

Funny thing is we all wanted to make a soccermanager esque website/game when younger but these boys got in first. :(

New car ' date=' probably be able to buy Preston and set taxes for 600k nah Preston has it's nice spots played footy there a few times and visited a few resteraunts.

Anyway congrats :)[/quote']

Cottam sports arena or vida? :P

Music to both site users and CEO's ears.

Having played this game (on and off admittedly) since it's origins,

it's been fun watching it grow into the product we have today.

Throwing some coin into advertising along with the new Single Player mode could see member figures grow close to 1.5 Million, Very exciting.

Don't know what it's called it's the one with outdoor and indoor 7 a-side pitches.
I'm pretty sure that's Vida.

Certainly does sound like Vida. I like having people that work/live in Preston on here :P

To get back on topic, it's good to see SM gaining such large investment. It feels like Facebook buying Flappy Bird or something of that sort :D

I said earlier in the year that this is going to be a big year for us and I still stand by that. We've got the right people backing the company in Merica. We're delighted to have Mike Hayes (ex CEO of Sega Europe / America) on our board as his experience and leadership will be invaluable. Matt Eyre (ex Brand / Marketing Director at Sega and also worked for EA) has also come on board and again his experience will be invaluable. We've also got a new Exec Chair (whose name I won't mention at the moment until a further press release) and we've made the right decision in appointing him. Again his experience will be invaluable and his track record speaks for itself.

As some of would've noticed from our Studio page' date=' we've been recruiting over the course of the past few months to help drive our new project forward and also to carry out further development of our current offering.

We're definitely heading in the right direction and now have an excellent team to deliver what will be two free games, a Single Player & Multiplayer, and also address the concerns that you have been flagged up over the course of the year.

Next week the Single Player demo will move into Alpha and at the end of October / start of November it will then be moved into Beta and opened up to all of our community. We're really excited about this new project and we've made a game that you'll all enjoy and will be able to play anytime and anywhere. We've been testing out a new match engine in this game and once we're happy with it, we'll then roll it out in the Multiplayer.

After seeing a few comments in our communications over the past few months, I will state that the Multiplayer won't be abandoned once the Single Player is in Beta, we'll be turning our attention back to the Multiplayer in terms of development and continuing to make it an excellent community driven game. Therefore it's apt to finish on the following which I posted yesterday in another thread, "Soccer Manager was built by our community - in terms of why and how it launched, grew and currently operates. This is still the case and nothing has changed."[/quote']

This is good news indeed, but most of your players/customers want to know if the ratings shambles will be one of the first things to be looked at?

This is good news indeed' date=' but most of your players/customers want to know if the ratings shambles will be one of the first things to be looked at?[/quote']
Now they have this investment can they get more people to sort out the ratings ha

You are both more than welcome to post in this thread as we will use the feedback to improve the multiplayer game.

Certainly does sound like Vida. I like having people that work/live in Preston on here :P

To get back on topic' date=' it's good to see SM gaining such large investment. It feels like Facebook buying Flappy Bird or something of that sort :D[/quote']

Hey mate, I know this is irrelevant, but I 'd love to know how you created that banner with the team you manage & the gameworld you're in. I see a lot of them in many threads and I'm itching to get one lol.

Cheers

Hey mate' date=' I know this is irrelevant, but I 'd love to know how you created that banner with the team you manage & the gameworld you're in. I see a lot of them in many threads and I'm itching to get one lol.

Cheers[/quote']

It was made by a forumer called 'Chivas' a while back. I think he's still active, but I'm not sure if he still does graphics. Worth asking though, here's his profile :)

forum.soccermanager.com/member.php?u=21484

That reminds me, I need to get mine altered to switch Alba for Busquets. P.S.