Sign in to follow this  
Steven

Current Multiplayer Problems & Solutions

Riferimento: Current Multiplayer Problems & Solutions

09-26-2014 : SM Dev (Steven) asks info to improve multiplayer game

11-05-2014 : no news

This is not the best way to develop a game, the timing is too long. We have threads that repeat same old argumentations and nothing will change.

As I said at the beginning:

I believe that many users are tired of not seeing improvements.

Re: Riferimento: Current Multiplayer Problems & Solutions

09-26-2014 : SM Dev (Steven) asks info to improve multiplayer game

11-05-2014 : no news

This is not the best way to develop a game' date=' the timing is too long. We have threads that repeat same old argumentations and nothing will change.

As I said at the beginning:[/quote']

and as I said on 28.09.2014

This must be the fourth time I have seen a Dev on the forum ask for suggestions of what to improve and they have recieved many replies. In one we were asked to name the top issues and these would be fed back to the developers' date=' all that happened from these posts was the Generic reply of "we are working on this issue and this will be communicated in due course", did anything change? No it didnt, so please excuse me if I take your post with a pinch of salt.

[/quote']

:rolleyes:

Re: Current Multiplayer Problems & Solutions

Nothing has changed regarding this and we'll start to work on the problems that have been highlighted shortly after Soccer Manager 2015 has been launched along with other new features and improvements.

Nothing has changed regarding this and we'll start to work on the problems that have been highlighted shortly after Soccer Manager 2015 has been launched along with other new features and improvements.

Ok so here it is boys. The confirmation from a SM employee that the reason MULTIPLAYER has been on hold since earlier this year IS because OF SINGLE PLAYER.

THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE.

Since im paying for multiplayer and dont give a F about single player, i want my money back.

SERIOUSLY you people are bordering criminal activity here, or at least a serious offense, especially one in violation of morality. Concealing real intentions, unresponsive towards the 'Community' when questioned, utter disrespect for us .

IM DONE with YOU SM. But you will still be receiving my emails on this.

That's the problem. Do something!!!

Ok so here it is boys. The confirmation from a SM employee that the reason MULTIPLAYER has been on hold since earlier this year IS because OF SINGLE PLAYER.

THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE.

Since im paying for multiplayer and dont give a F about single player' date=' i want my money back.

SERIOUSLY you people are bordering criminal activity here, or at least a serious offense, especially one in violation of morality. Concealing real intentions, unresponsive towards the 'Community' when questioned, utter disrespect for us .

IM DONE with YOU SM. But you will still be receiving my emails on this.[/quote']

This echoes what I posted a while back. If they had used some of the money do develop the single player whilst maintaining the multiplayer it wouldn't have been so bad but they didn't. They downed tools on multiplayer whilst still taking peoples money from them paying to play it. They have let the database become a mess and don't seem in any rush to do any thing about it.

Like I have said before show me the thread where people where asking for a single player game to be developed because I can show show numerous threads where their customers where asking for the database to be maintained (on the game they had paid SM to play) a lot better than it has been over the last couple of years.

THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE.

Since im paying for multiplayer and dont give a F about single player' date=' i want my money back.

IM DONE with YOU SM. But you will still be receiving my emails on this.[/quote']

The way I see it, you paid SM in order to get more club slots, access to gold championships etc. That is what you got. What SM do with the money you give them is their business.

If you're unhappy with how they're spending their money, you could have stopped paying them.

In the end you got what you paid for.

Nothing they did is anywhere close to criminal activity lol

The way I see it' date=' you paid SM in order to get more club slots, access to gold championships etc. That is what you got. What SM do with the money you give them is their business.

If you're unhappy with how they're spending their money, you could have stopped paying them.

Nothing they did is anywhere close to criminal activity lol[/quote']

Fair point.

Like I have said before show me the thread where people where asking for a single player game to be developed because I can show show numerous threads where their customers where asking for the database to be maintained (on the game they had paid SM to play) a lot better than it has been over the last couple of years.

I've never actually seen a thread suggesting a single player version either. I think they're just trying to emulate Football Manager. I never asked for SP, I wanted to play SM because it's the only decent online football management game where I could play against real people.

The way I see it' date=' you paid SM in order to get more club slots, access to gold championships etc. That is what you got. What SM do with the money you give them is their business.

I know this was aimed at me but ....

Ive spent money on SM. I have never spent money on SM because I needed more clubs slots or wanted gold membership. I spent money on SM because I wanted to create GW's of which would rely on SM's database being properly maintained. I paid the money assuming this money would go back into the game I was paying to play and that the money would in part help maintain the database. This is not whats happening or unreasonable to have expected this.

When we spend money on SM we don't actually get anything material. We don't even get anything that we really own as ultimately it all still belongs to SM. What we are paying for is there service in offering the platform to play the game and the maintenance of it.

I'll create a football game and base it on real life players and their numerical skill level compared against their peers except I will rarely review any player ratings. How many club slots do you want to buy? Tell you what if you buy 2 you get one free :rolleyes:

I know this was aimed at me but ....

Ive spent money on SM. I have never spent money on SM because I needed more clubs slots or wanted gold membership. I spent money on SM because I wanted to create GW's of which would rely on SM's database being properly maintained. I paid the money assuming this money would go back into the game I was paying to play and that the money would in part help maintain the database. This is not whats happening or unreasonable to have expected this.

When we spend money on SM we don't actually get anything material. We don't even get anything that we really own as ultimately it all still belongs to SM. What we are paying for is there service in offering the platform to play the game and the maintenance of it.

I'll create a football game and base it on real life players and their numerical skill level compared against their peers except I will rarely review any player ratings. How many club slots do you want to buy? Tell you what if you buy 2 you get one free :rolleyes:

Well said & I agree. Co-incidentally THIS ABOVE made me think. I wish someone would create a limited SM type real-life multiplayer game based on just say the ENGLISH and/or European Leagues & keep the player reviews up to date guaranteed say monthly or Quarterly. This would get my full support. If it was on Kickstarter I'd even invest a few hundred to help see it done & I could play :)

Riferimento: Re: Current Multiplayer Problems & Solutions

Man,

in recent years the game engine is blown

- match results are random

- in connection world the worst teams often win than standard media

- player's review is done on irrational ways, not more championship after championship

- we wait long time to see correct raise/drop for rating players

Only few years ago the game engine was better, Hyna wrote a guide with some rules for counter-tactics after long analysis and study. He had delete all because the engine wasn't working as before.

Rating was done league after league, country after country... and we were happy when this way worked!

Why they had to mess all this, I don't know how to explain.

Why they have focused on single player ? Someone asked the single player?

I'd rather play Football Manager that at least there are years of development behind, rather to focus on a product that already in the multiplayer mode has been a failure.

And single player goes in beta version, I wonder when we will see the complete development.

We now have the single player out as a Beta build and we will continue to develop it over the coming months and years. It is true that we haven't spent as much time on the multi player as we would have liked to or even should have.

Although we are listening to you and we are actively underway to address the issues that the MP game has. We have been reading the forum threads and collated lots of issues that have been posted by yourselves. The prize money has now doubled, back to what it originally was, and work will be done on the economy, cheating, wiki, match engine, concerns, squad sizes etc.

We are in the final stages of putting a plan together and it will be posted soon here on the forum. Then we will ask for your help in editing, modifying and getting it right. After that we will get underway with doing it all.

We now have the single player out as a Beta build and we will continue to develop it over the coming months and years. It is true that we haven't spent as much time on the multi player as we would have liked to or even should have.

Although now we are listening to you and we are actively underway to address the issues that the MP game has. We have been reading the forum threads and collated lots of issues that have been posted by yourselves. The prize money has now doubled' date=' back to what it originally was, and work will be done on the economy, cheating, wiki, match engine, concerns, squad sizes etc.

We are in the final stages of putting a plan together and it will be posted soon here on the forum. Then we will ask for your help in editing, modifying and getting it right. After that we will get underway with doing it all.[/quote']

Thank you Andy, this is what we have been asking for, a post from a Dev which is both honest and informative. Let's hope your definition of soon is the same as ours :)

Please post regularly and keep us up to date, its nice to be able write something positive for a change.

Although we are listening to you and we are actively underway to address the issues that the MP game has. We have been reading the forum threads and collated lots of issues that have been posted by yourselves. The prize money has now doubled' date=' back to what it originally was, and work will be done on the economy, cheating, wiki, match engine, concerns, squad sizes etc.

We are in the final stages of putting a plan together and it will be posted soon here on the forum. Then we will ask for your help in editing, modifying and getting it right. After that we will get underway with doing it all.[/quote']

I congratulate you SM Dev Andy on this post, it SAYS all the right things for the first time I can remember.

BUT this is the first step, the 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th etc etc are all the same:-

ACTION

So we will judge it this way, Rating Reviews, Match Engine (95 rated GK gets 5 shots on target, lets in 5goals regularly or 3out of 4 etc.), stadium building & attendences of winning teams. Etc as you say "collated lots of issues that have been posted by yourselves" Please don't let us down, thank you for your comments.

Although we are listening to you and we are actively underway to address the issues that the MP game has. We have been reading the forum threads and collated lots of issues that have been posted by yourselves. The prize money has now doubled' date=' back to what it originally was, and work will be done on the economy, cheating, wiki, match engine, concerns, squad sizes etc.

I have to say I'm in agreeance with Rilo and Soccahappy that this is a positive step and I'd also say its by far the most honest and welcome thing I have seen any dev say regarding the state of multiplayer.

Admitting that you guys haven't spent as much time on it as you should have is a step in the right direction to start treating your customers with the respect they deserve.

I am pleased to see also that you plan on posting up your ideas of what to implement before doing so. The community feedback you get will be invaluable in getting things as right as possible as some things that have been implemented before though well meant have not worked well.

I look forward to reading your plan and hope this is the start of a bright new future for SM :)

Re: Riferimento: Current Multiplayer Problems & Solutions

Good. We'll see in 2015.

Good luck.

Mmmmh well yes ... but why wait while 2015???

"We are in the final stages of putting a plan together and it will be posted soon here on the forum"

2015 isn't soon' date=' it's a month & a bit away OR mid 2015 is 7months away. Let's have "final stages & forum" [b']soon![/b] There has been years of delay already.... :(

In case you havn't seen it, SM Dev Steven has posted the list of improvements that SM intend to make, it can be found here. This is the list he talks about on this thread.

http://forum.soccermanager.com/showthread.php?t=171929

He has also opened a discussion thread here.

http://forum.soccermanager.com/showthread.php?t=171930

Well said & I agree. Co-incidentally THIS ABOVE made me think. I wish someone would create a limited SM type real-life multiplayer game based on just say the ENGLISH and/or European Leagues & keep the player reviews up to date guaranteed say monthly or Quarterly. This would get my full support. If it was on Kickstarter I'd even invest a few hundred to help see it done & I could play :)

i`d be willing to donate for that. i own 7 gw`s now and dislike the lack of control over it..its my gw AND WHEN A MANAGER CHEATS there is nothing i can do about it, plus the should just cap the 1st teams to 25 ( like real life ) and a youth team/scholars roster set to the Actual real life clubs current level, so chelsea could have up to 49, liverpool would have 51 etc etc, hate joining a gw to see clubs with 30-40 1st team players and 200+ u21`s. football players should play football..

also agree with ratings system, some players are sooooooooooo over & under rated in the game..

Always people complaining about slowliness of SW' date=' and the few admins left have to face this message every freaking time.

[img']http://i62.tinypic.com/amdtvm.jpg[/img]

We're fed up with this. Seriously. Remove it NOW.

As I said some months ago, I was fed up with this, and I decreased my activity in SW...A couple of WEEKS ago I had to add a bunch of players, and I'm glad to see that NOTHING changes since the last year.. Still facing the same freaking 20 players message.

Obviously, SW devs claims that they're going to fix something in SW were hot air...

Congratulations guys, keep the good work on (Ironic)