SM Hall of Greatest Shame!

87+

SM HALL OF GREATEST SHAME!

This thread is dedicated to all what is wrong with SM.

It is posted in the player ratings section due to that area being its primary embarrassment but is open to all act's of shamefulness in other areas of the game.

Feel free to nominate acts of shamefulness by SM and I will decide if they are worthy of making the list of SM's Greatest shame.

Please note nominations like a player who has say 2000 minutes but hasn't had a review will not make they list as there would be far to many as its sadly not uncommon.

To start things off I nominate Oscar Cordoba.

Despite being Retired for the past 5 years, it appears SM not worried by the accuracy of their player database turned two blind eyes to the legend and kindly made him available to the SM community to use as they wish in this period of time as a nailed on 88. Some say he was an easter egg planted by SM others that SM and by extension SW's ineptness was to blame but whatever the reason I'm sure we can all agree he was a true servant of the game.

All good things must come to an end though and despite his seemingly retirement defying evasiveness SM has finally brought down the curtain on his SM career. How long he could have played on for if it hadn't been brought to their attention nobody knows, but one thing is certain his legendary exploits will never be forgotten.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

List is in order of being added.

Star system: based on seriousness of affecting the game

* 1 Star.............SM What went Wrong?

** 2 Stars.........SM are you even trying?

*** 3 Stars.......SM you don't know what you're doing!

**** 4 Stars.....SM please let monkeys take over before its too late!

***** 5 Stars....SM you're fired!

1 Oscar Cordoba - 5 years retired yet remained an 88 on the database.*****

2 Philip Max - Added at 87 then retiring a week later after SM realise they added him to high***

3 Jorge Daniel Martínez - Retired from game at the age of 41 rated 90 in 2014 whilst at his newly transferred to SM club CA Acassuo. Last played in real life 2009/10 for Platense. *****

4 Lucas Lima - Rated 78 on SW but rated 77 or 78 on SM depending on what GW you happen to be in. **

5 Transfer page and Player transfer history not showing the same transfer values**

6 Paolo Guerrero (Corinthians) had photo of him on player profile replaced for someone who wasn't him.*

7 Kevin Friesenbichler (Benfica) had photo of him on player profile replaced for someone who wasn't him.*

etc

Re: SM Hall of Greatest Shame!

This thread is dedicated to all what is wrong with SM.

It is posted in the player ratings section due to that area being its primary embarrassment but is open to all act's of shamefulness in other areas of the game.

Feel free to nominate acts of shamefulness by SM and I will decide if they are worthy of making the list of SM's Greatest shame.

Please note nominations like a player who has say 2000 minutes but hasn't had a review will not make they list as there would be far to many as its sadly not uncommon.

To start things off I nominate Oscar Cordoba.

Despite being Retired for the past 5 years' date=' it appears SM not worried by the accuracy of their player database turned two blind eyes to the legend and kindly made him available to the SM community to use as they wish in this period of time as a nailed on 88. Some say he was an easter egg planted by SM others that SM and by extension SW's ineptness was to blame but whatever the reason I'm sure we can all agree he was a true servant of the game.

All good things must come to an end though and despite his seemingly retirement defying evasiveness SM has finally brought down the curtain on his SM career. How long he could have played on for if it hadn't been brought to their attention nobody knows, but one thing is certain his legendary exploits will never be forgotten.

[b']1[/b] Oscar Cordoba - 5 years retired yet remained an 88 on the database.

etc

Phillip Max - Absolute Joke. added recently @ 87 rated :eek:

The recent addition of Phillip Max on the database at 87 rated, he played a mighty 4 minutes for Schalke in two short substitute appearances in the Bundesliga and 22 appearances in the lower Tier Regionalliga West for Schalke II before transferring to Bundesliga 2 side Karlrushe where he has played 90 minutes in the league, 79minutes in the Pokal and another 90 minutes in the lower tier Oberliga for Karlrushe II.

Lots of uninformed SM managers paid out a kings ransom for the 87 rated youngster added to database including a 60 million purchase in the GC1 only for the player to be retired on SM a week later as they noticed the blunder they had made in adding him some 10 points higher than he was supposed to be added at.

Phillip Max you are a legend may you enjoy your long retirement.

Phillip Max - Absolute Joke. added recently @ 87 rated :eek:
The recent addition of Phillip Max on the database at 87 rated' date=' he played a mighty 4 minutes for Schalke in two short substitute appearances in the Bundesliga and 22 appearances in the lower Tier Regionalliga West for Schalke II before transferring to Bundesliga 2 side Karlrushe where he has played 90 minutes in the league, 79minutes in the Pokal and another 90 minutes in the lower tier Oberliga for Karlrushe II.

Lots of uninformed SM managers paid out a kings ransom for the 87 rated youngster added to database including a 60 million purchase in the GC1 only for the player to be retired on SM a week later as they noticed the blunder they had made in adding him some 10 points higher than he was supposed to be added at.

Phillip Max you are a legend may you enjoy your long retirement.[/quote']

LOL that's funny but not for the poor sods who splashed out on him especially 60m :eek::eek:

Has he been added at a lower rating yet?

LOL that's funny but not for the poor sods who splashed out on him especially 60m :eek::eek:

Has he been added at a lower rating yet?

I think SM retired him to allow players who have shelled out the cash to at least get the use of the player for a season then get the miserly CV value when he retires at seasons end, he will no doubt be added again at a later date, funny stuff though and a quality SM or SW gaffe, whoever it is that does the final ratings.

I think SM retired him to allow players who have shelled out the cash to at least get the use of the player for a season then get the miserly CV value when he retires at seasons end' date=' he will no doubt be added again at a later date, funny stuff though and a quality SM or SW gaffe, whoever it is that does the final ratings.[/quote']

He's made the SM Hall of Shame :)

The other day, a forumer mentioned that Stan Lazaridis had retired in 2008, yet SM only set him as retiring (or retired him, I'm not sure) a few days ago!!! :eek::D

EDIT: there's also that Mexican player, that had a 0 rating, then rose to 76, then dropped to 62, then rose to 77 - all in a few months!!! :eek::P

And he wasn't the only 0 rated player on the DB... :o

The other day' date=' a forumer mentioned that Stan Lazaridis had retired in 2008, yet SM only set him as retiring (or retired him, I'm not sure) a few days ago!!! :eek::D

EDIT: there's also that Mexican player, that had a 0 rating, then rose to 76, then dropped to 62, then rose to 77 - all in a few months!!! :eek::P

And he wasn't the only 0 rated player on the DB... :o[/quote']

In the interest of fairness to SM can someone prove that Stan Lazaridis was on the database recently as I have searched for him and can not find him as a retiring player. If several reliable people can confirm that they had seen him recently on the database that will be sufficient if some kind of screen grab is not possible :)

In the case of players added at 0 I think I will leave them out as there has been a few of these in my time on SM and unfortunately it doesn't seem to be uncommon enough (the list could get full of them lol). Unless their rating does jump all over the place in a short space of time (days-weeks)

In the interest of fairness to SM can someone prove that Stan Lazaridis was on the database recently as I have searched for him and can not find him as a retiring player. If several reliable people can confirm that they had seen him recently on the database that will be sufficient if some kind of screen grab is not possible :)

Ask the forumer KopStar, mate!

He was the one, who brought it up. :)

I buy Kazu Miura in Manchester United for another account' date=' because he is [b']47[/b] :) He increases 76--80:D

I bought him a while back when he was 78 rated then sold when he dropped to 76 a couple of weeks later. You would think it incredible that they now review a 47 year old again so quickly when others can't get a look in, but sadly this kind of rubbish goes on all the time. Not quite good enough for the list of shame I'm afraid :P

Ask the forumer KopStar' date=' mate!

He was the one, who brought it up. :)[/quote']

Hopefully he stumbles upon this and can shed more light on him :)

Jorge Luis MARTINEZ - http://en.soccerwiki.org/player.php?pid=3499

Not sure what the story is behind this one is, firstly i think they have his name incorrect, i believe it is Jorge DANIEL Martínez, so they were close i guess.

But how he stayed at 90 or when he was actually added to the database i have no clue.

Anyone remember more details about this guy?

Jorge Luis MARTINEZ - http://en.soccerwiki.org/player.php?pid=3499

Not sure what the story is behind this one is' date=' firstly i think they have his name incorrect, i believe it is Jorge DANIEL Martínez, so they were close i guess.

But how he stayed at 90 or when he was actually added to the database i have no clue.

Anyone remember more details about this guy?[/quote']

Yeah looks odd, never heard of hm before but he seemed to have moved to Accassuso keeping his 90 rating when he was 40 years old and the rest of his new team were mainly rated 75 or less.

...so how did he keep a rating of 90 at Independiente when he was 40 when the rest of the starting team average about 83-84?

Why no rating drop when they remembered he existed and moved him to his new team?

Searching for Jorge DANIEL Martínez as that seems to be him going by pic.

Just done some digging and Wikipedia seemed to have given up on him a long time ago.

Soccerway says he last played for Platense in 2009/10. Though Soccerway isn't always accurate it suggests he stopped playing a few years ago though SW disagrees and has him playing this year for Accassuso :confused:

Yeah looks odd' date=' never heard of hm before but he seemed to have moved to Accassuso keeping his 90 rating when he was 40 years old and the rest of his new team were mainly rated 75 or less.

...so how did he keep a rating of 90 at Independiente when he was 40 when the rest of the starting team average about 83-84?

Why no rating drop when they remembered he existed and moved him to his new team?

Searching for Jorge DANIEL Martínez as that seems to be him going by pic.

Just done some digging and Wikipedia seemed to have given up on him a long time ago.

Soccerway says he last played for Platense in 2009/10. Though Soccerway isn't always accurate it suggests he stopped playing a few years ago though SW disagrees and has him playing this year for Accassuso :confused:[/quote']

Yeah this is bizarre, Iv found a couple of other sites that also have him retiring at Platense in 2009/10. SW appears to be the only one suggesting he carried on his playing career at Accassuso some years later.

Judging by his SW page, comments only started around November 2013, so either he was added around that time from nowhere and came in with a 90, or he was hiding very well. Surely if he had been hanging about the game rated 90 for years there would be more questions asked?

SW love these retired guys :)

Yeah this is bizarre' date=' Iv found a couple of other sites that also have him retiring at Platense in 2009/10. SW appears to be the only one suggesting he carried on his playing career at Accassuso some years later.

Judging by his SW page, comments only started around November 2013, so either he was added around that time from nowhere and came in with a 90, or he was hiding very well. Surely if he had been hanging about the game rated 90 for years there would be more questions asked?

SW love these retired guys :)[/quote']

I think he deserves to make the list unless someone can prove otherwise :)

I bought him a while back when he was 78 rated then sold when he dropped to 76 a couple of weeks later. You would think it incredible that they now review a 47 year old again so quickly when others can't get a look in' date=' but sadly this kind of rubbish goes on all the time. Not quite good enough for the list of shame I'm afraid :P

Hopefully he stumbles upon this and can shed more light on him :)[/quote']

Don't want him on the list mate Nakata Honda Kagawa etc will burn my house because Kazu is a Japanese legend.:P

This isn't a major mess to be added to the list but if you check Lucas Lima (Botafogo) in SW he is rated 78. But when i hunted down in my CGW he is only 77?

Anyone else get that or is it just a conk in my CGW?

Cheers

Just checked and he's 77 :)

Ooohhhh iv found a goody:D

Go have a look at Kilmarnock's team. You will find Conor Brennan and his clone. Sadly his clone appears to be rated one less than the real Conor Brennan and has a slightly different pic.

Well i haven't seen that one before :eek:

Lol funny stuff. Ive seen duplicates a couple of times before but normally the same rating. I'm not sure how long they have been on the database so it would be a bit harsh to add them to the Hall of Shame if they were only newly added. That being said it is retarded that they are different ratings as they have never been reviewed according to their profiles :rolleyes: I will give thought to the inclusion :P

"Minor" one here- Carlos Strandberg (BK Hacken almost gone Dortmund) one month older on Sm (SM bday: 14 Mar' date=' actual birthday 14 Apr) Cannot even get the infos of new Ibra/Balo right.:rolleyes:[/quote']

I would imagine their is a lot wrong like this on the game to be honest. I'm not saying its right but I can understand some stuff like this being wrong. So with that in mind I will have to reject this entry to the Hall of Fame :P

Lol funny stuff. Ive seen duplicates a couple of times before but normally the same rating. I'm not sure how long they have been on the database so it would be a bit harsh to add them to the Hall of Shame if they were only newly added. That being said it is retarded that they are different ratings as they have never been reviewed according to their profiles :rolleyes: I will give thought to the inclusion :P

I would imagine their is a lot wrong like this on the game to be honest. I'm not saying its right but I can understand some stuff like this being wrong. So with that in mind I will have to reject this entry to the Hall of Fame :P

My point Soccerwiki = Rubbish Carlos Strandberg is a big talent, if Soccerwiki cannot get his infos right it will be

Very ambrassmenting.:D