The Defence Versus Attack League - Match Reports, Transfers And All Round Banter.

Matt72

Re: The Defence Versus Attack League - Match Reports, Transfers And All Round Banter.

Delighted to land Ronaldo for 42.1 mil and Muller for 25.1 mil

That's 2 great players and not over paid :P

I'm pretty sure you won't get Muller, wait and see :P

I kind of overpayed for Zlatan, but then again i realy wanted him

Re: The Defence Versus Attack League - Match Reports, Transfers And All Round Banter.

I had a doubt.

Nurnberg has been bidding on Lichsteiner (91) (D' date='DM,M®) and Javi Martinez (92) (Primary position D© and not DM© in Martinez' case). Surely thats not allowed? Or am I wrong here?[/quote']

Nurnberg is an attacking team so if I have read the rules correctly, he/she has no right to bid on those 2 players.

I do get confused at times if I am an attacking or defensive team, I did bid on Robben lol.

Apparently, I lost most of crucial players on last minute bids from some teams, but I got Lloris which is nice :D

Anyway, now it should be easy pickings with the ones who remains - I see that there were more than enough quarter budget offers for some players :)

Nurnberg is an attacking team so if I have read the rules correctly' date=' he/she has no right to bid on those 2 players.

I do get confused at times if I am an attacking or defensive team, I did bid on Robben lol.[/quote']

And I thought I got lucky with him as you were adjusting you bids and they got accepted :P

On the opening day Nuremberg has secured:

Messi - 51.2 mil

Cavani - 21 mil

Rooney - 21.7 mil

Montilivo - 9 mil

Debuchy - 5.6 mil

Van der Wiel - 6.7 mil

Keylor Navas - 5.2 mil

Also apologies for causing trouble earlier by offering for Martinez, Bender etc. I have cancelled all these offers. :)

On the opening day Nuremberg has secured:

Messi - 51.2 mil

Cavani - 21 mil

Rooney - 21.7 mil

Montilivo - 9 mil

Debuchy - 5.6 mil

Van der Wiel - 6.7 mil

Keylor Navas - 5.2 mil

Also apologies for causing trouble earlier by offering for Martinez' date=' Bender etc. I have cancelled all these offers. :)[/quote']

60% of your budget on 33% of the players required to fill your squad.. Some of the spending is just plain ridiculous.

60% of your budget on 33% of the players required to fill your squad.. Some of the spending is just plain ridiculous.

But he has a monster attack! and still 80M left to buy 11 or 12 other players. I think he's done a good job. Messi for 50M is a great deal imo.

But he has a monster attack! and still 80M left to buy 11 or 12 other players. I think he's done a good job. Messi for 50M is a great deal imo.

11 or 12 players? Your maths are shocking. Since you need a minimum of 21 players and he has listed 7 as accepted that is 21-7=14!

So less than 5.1m per player to get the other 14 players. All well and good having a strong attack but if you have nothing around them or depth then what is the point? I imagine a strong 14 or 15 players would just say see managers cope with injuries suspensions etc.

11 or 12 players? Your maths are shocking. Since you need a minimum of 21 players and he has listed 7 as accepted that is 21-7=14!

So less than 5.1m per player to get the other 14 players. All well and good having a strong attack but if you have nothing around them or depth then what is the point? I imagine a strong 14 or 15 players would just say see managers cope with injuries suspensions etc.

Once they are happy with their signings that's the main thing. The league is attack versus defense and my God it will be certainly Attack for that side. Interesting to see how they manage to fill the squad. I'm looking forward to seeing how all squads develop.

The spending in this GW is leaving me very confused :P

It is also leaving me without any players :P. Just lost out on Carvajal as well to Noisy which means I have lost each and every contested bids.

It is also leaving me without any players :P. Just lost out on Carvajal as well to Noisy which means I have lost each and every contested bids.

I was sniped and lost out on Van der Wiel and Buffon, which makes me very mad. :mad:

EDIT:

In other news, our back 3 has been confirmed.

Ivanovic, Cahill, and Pepe will be joining for a combined fee of just over 33 mil :D

I was sniped and lost out on Van der Wiel and Buffon' date=' which makes me very mad. :mad:

EDIT:

In other news, our back 3 has been confirmed.

Ivanovic, Cahill, and Pepe will be joining for a combined fee of just over 33 mil :D[/quote']

Superb signings. That is value! :eek:

Once they are happy with their signings that's the main thing. The league is attack versus defense and my God it will be certainly Attack for that side. Interesting to see how they manage to fill the squad. I'm looking forward to seeing how all squads develop.

Just a risky philosophy. I for one will be playing aggressive in the attempt to cripple Messi' date=' Rooney and Cavani since once they are injured and he has no depth who will he play up front? Emile Heskey and Mutu are available for a combined fee of 4.5m :rolleyes:[/font']

The spending in this GW is leaving me very confused :P

As people keep pointing it is there money to do as they wish. Shame that people seem to think that because they have a fantastic attack that it will be sufficient to win games. I feel the match engine takes a teams average starting 11 into consideration over whether Messi is being marked by own goal machine Richard Dunne. For example a club with a starting 11 average of 92 has there Joe Bloggs 75 rated midfielder sent off. Suddenly the 10 men play significantly better' date=' why? because there starting average is then based on 10 players, this is why in a game where the dominant team has a player sent off it is insignificant to the outcome of the game.[/font']

As the old saying goes 'All good things come to those who wait.' Patience really is a virtue mate.

Gervinho, Lichsteiner, Farfan and Zabaleta brought in for 37.3m and valued at 46.6m.

Piszczek, Silva Thiago and Vertonghen brought in for 56.4m worth 59.5m. So 7 players brought in for 93.7m with an average rating just short of 92. Still plenty players out there, and I should have a starting 11 averaging 92 at the worst with at least 16 players rated over 90. I expect to have a reasonably strong second string as well.