The Defence Versus Attack League - Match Reports, Transfers And All Round Banter.

Matt72

Re: The Defence Versus Attack League - Match Reports, Transfers And All Round Banter.

You know me better than to be taken so literally Jamie. I have always told it how it is' date=' usually with my own brand of humour.

Still early days in the transfer market but I know I won't have depth issues.[/font']

Very true, and it's one of the reasons i joined the game world. My post wasn't really directed at you but others, i've also been out all afternoon watching the football. I'm surprised i can see the keyboard to type let alone the screen to read peoples posts haha!

Re: The Defence Versus Attack League - Match Reports, Transfers And All Round Banter.

Anybody know if there is a relation between age and fitness? I mean, does it take more time for a 32 yrs old player to become 100% fit than for let's say a 23 yrs old player?

I'm asking because the average age of my squad will be ~ 24 B)

You know you could have just paid 500k more to get di Maria' date=' right?

:P[/font']

Alcacer will rise higher than Di Maria in a couple of months though' date=' you just wait and see ;):P[/quote']
I'm a defensive team and wouldn't break the rules to buy him doe ;)

Don't really matter cos he would still be my player, no matter what :P

I'm a defensive team and wouldn't break the rules to buy him doe ;)

well' date=' meanwhile here are a list of defensive players being bought:

Philipp Lahm: 26.4million

Manuel Neuer: 28million

David Alaba: 26.8million

Mats Hummels: 26.4million

Giorgio Chiellini: 15.3million

Neven Subotic: 24.3million

Diego Godin: 16million

David Luiz: 13million

Juan Cuadrado: 15million

Jordi Alba: 15million

Mehdi Benatia: 17.5million

Jan Vertonghen: 13.3million

Serge Aurier: 10.7million

Leandro Castan: 9.4million

Jerome Boateng: 11.4million

and some offensive players 92 or lower: (buyable by defensive teams)

Alexis Sanchez: 21.7million

Mario Mandzukic: 18million

Daniel Sturridge: 16million

Carlos Vela: 16million

James Rodriguez: 16million

Andre Schurrle: 11.2million

Nani: 8.4million

Kevin Mirallas: 8.7million

Edin Dzeko: 15million

Klaas-Jan Huntelaar: 20million

Willian: 8million

Fernando Llorente: 6.6million

Jefferson Farfan: 8.9million

Roberto Firmino: 14.2million

Danny (Lord) Welbeck: 13million

Julian Draxler: 13.7million

Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang: 10million

Gervinho: 8.7million

Dimitar Berbatov: 4.2million

You get what I mean, right? :P

Also, I hope you know that this set-up will last around a year so as a result the impact of potential in this game world is very little, so despite Paco Alcacer's ability to reach the low/mid-90s he won't be doing so in the near future, so have fun wasting your 28million ;)

And don't blame me; I warned you :D

Only other overpriced bid I saw made for an attacking player that has half of the outrageous of yours is the purchase of Carlos Bacca for 21million by Hanover..

[/font']

Basically if managers blow there budget on about 12 players there chairman then fills there squad out with random players who are then available to sell straight away as they are not transfer banned.

I just do not want anyone to go down that route as that really is making a mockery out of the set up.

What will happen to teams if they utilize this loophole in this GW? Will there be sanctions? I assume they will most likely be in breach of the one player per country rule for a start.

What will happen to teams if they utilize this loophole in this GW? Will there be sanctions? I assume they will most likely be in breach of the one player per country rule for a start.

I think that the chairman always signs players from the country of the club... so it really depends on the country of the club and the squad size

but it is almost 95% certain they would be in breach of the rules-

e.g. if Guangzhou/Beijing has a squad size of 20 and their chairman buys some random player (which will be Chinese) they wouldn't be breaking the rules under the assumption that they don't buy any Chinese' date=' because well, China is really really really really bad at football, and this is coming from someone whose family is Chinese :o[/font']

I think that the chairman always signs players from the country of the club... so it really depends on the country of the club and the squad size

but it is almost 95% certain they would be in breach of the rules-

e.g. if Guangzhou/Beijing has a squad size of 20 and their chairman buys some random player (which will be Chinese) they wouldn't be breaking the rules under the assumption that they don't buy any Chinese' date=' because well, China is really really really really bad at football, and this is coming from someone whose family is Chinese :o[/font']

but if the team has a squad size of less than 20, it will surely break the rules.

I have like 50 new notifications every time I log in, lol.

He'd certainly do better than Heurelho Gomes there. :o

Although that's neither hard' date=' nor a big compliment - my dog would be a better GK than Gomes! :eek:[/quote']

lol is your dog able to be bought on SM :)

Hey Benfica manager' date=' this is where your goalie is playing: Oackland City's home ground :D:eek::D

Btw.....Number 8 in the green shirt looks pretty cool, buy him too! ;)

[img']http://i.ytimg.com/vi/vXae1HRNh04/maxresdefault.jpg[/img]

lol classic mate.....I like number 6 in green shirt too the hand on the hip shows his commitment :P

Hahaha yeah. I actually have the lowest bid in all of my other bids hahah.

Anyways checked all the transfers up till now and only Liverpool seem to have broken the rule with T.Hazard and Januzaj as well as Vargas and Sanchez.

It is really nice to get your name posted on the blog that way by people that don't have the courtesy to either contact Matt in a private message or contact me directly.

For the record...the vargas/sanchez thing was accidental and removed when someone with some manners pointed it out to me privately. The Hazard Januzaj situation was a case of bidding for one...bidding for the pther a short time later then going back to my transfers and removing Hazard.

If you want to be helpul when people make a mistake...be helpful...if not ****.

It is really nice to get your name posted on the blog that way by people that don't have the courtesy to either contact Matt in a private message or contact me directly.

For the record...the vargas/sanchez thing was accidental and removed when someone with some manners pointed it out to me privately. The Hazard Januzaj situation was a case of bidding for one...bidding for the pther a short time later then going back to my transfers and removing Hazard.

Oh calm down will you. No one is naming and shaming you.

Don't go abusive mate. Your fault, don't blame me. I was going through all the transfers and I am not the GW owner to have the need to notify you at all mate.

Also, you should not be to remove the Hazard bid. Remove it first and then bid one someone else. And if I wanted to witch hunt this issue could have been dragged a lot.

If you don't want to get named dont break the rules, no one else did. Also your tone needs to have more manners :P

Don't go fishing here mate, there was no one out to get you.

Don't go abusive mate. Your fault' date=' don't blame me. I was going through all the transfers and I am not the GW owner to have the need to notify you at all mate.

Also, you should not be to remove the Hazard bid. Remove it first and then bid one someone else. And if I wanted to witch hunt this issue could have been dragged a lot.

If you don't want to get named dont break the rules, no one else did. Also your tone needs to have more manners :P

Don't go fishing here mate, there was no one out to get you.[/quote']

It was a simple honest mistake can we just move on....in future a simple PM could have saved all this fuss :)