The Defence Versus Attack League - Match Reports, Transfers And All Round Banter.

Matt72

Re: The Defence Versus Attack League - Match Reports, Transfers And All Round Banter.

Job done.........

GK's:

Lodygin

Karenzis

Defenders:

Ranocchia

De Vrij

Danilo

Bernat

Vermaelen

Cedric

Midfielders:

Xhaka

Cabaye

Milner

Krychowiak

Ljajic

Forwards:

Gotze

Bacca

Lavezzi

Choupo Moting

1 semi clown: Young Mexican defender from CD Guadalajara

3 full clowns: Cyprus, Malta and USA

Re: The Defence Versus Attack League - Match Reports, Transfers And All Round Banter.

The Defence v Attack gameworld reporter caught up with Benfica manager Huddo and the Aussie gave us an insight into his thinking with the season kick-off just over a week away.....

Reporter: So Huddo are you happy with your squad at Benfica?

Huddo: I‘m delighted with the squad I have managed to assemble.....I have Ronaldo.....and......yeah did I mention Ronaldo.....

Reporter: What are your predictions for this season?

Huddo: Apart from Feyenoord to finish 9th :) Well I am hoping to avoid relegation. There are some quality managers in Div 1 so mid table would be a respectable finish. I’m looking forward to seeing who does better out of the Defence and Attack teams.

Reporter: Who do you rate as your best buy?

Huddo: Adam Lallana for 8.1 mil and Enzo Perez for 8.3 mil were good buys that I am sure will do well for us.

Reporter: I see that you have secured the services of Balotteli do you see that as a risky purchase?

Huddo: Mario is a great talent and I am sure he can provide some goals for us. I won’t be allowing any fireworks in his apartment though :)

Reporter: Well thanks for your time Huddo, just one final question being an Australian what qualities can you bring to Benfica fans?

Huddo: The Benfica fans can look forward to some entertaining soccer I mean football :P I better get going and throw another shrimp on the barbie and where is my bloody Foster's !!

The Defence v Attack gameworld reporter caught up with Benfica manager Huddo and the Aussie gave us an insight into his thinking with the season kick-off just over a week away.....

Reporter: So Huddo are you happy with your squad at Benfica?

Huddo: I‘m delighted with the squad I have managed to assemble.....I have Ronaldo.....and......yeah did I mention Ronaldo.....

Huddo: Apart from Feyenoord to finish 9th :) Well I am hoping to avoid relegation. There are some quality managers in Div 1 so mid table would be a respectable finish. I’m looking forward to seeing who does better out of the Defence and Attack teams.

Reporter: Who do you rate as your best buy?

Huddo: Adam Lallana for 8.1 mil and Enzo Perez for 8.3 mil were good buys that I am sure will do well for us.

Reporter: I see that you have secured the services of Balotteli do you see that as a risky purchase?

Huddo: Mario is a great talent and I am sure he can provide some goals for us. I won’t be allowing any fireworks in his apartment though :)

Reporter: Well thanks for your time Huddo' date=' just one final question being an Australian what qualities can you bring to Benfica fans?[/color']

Huddo: The Benfica fans can look forward to some entertaining soccer I mean football :P I better get going and throw another shrimp on the barbie and where is my bloody Foster's !!

Great Bloke Huddo...just don't understand why he drinks Fosters:p

Great Bloke Huddo...just don't understand why he drinks Fosters:p

To be honest mate I don't touch the stuff it's bloody awful.....we just export it to the UK :D

I am more of a Boags and Cascade man ;)

Lol avoiding relegation is coming 2nd last:)

Lol avoiding relegation is coming 2nd last:)

Yes it is mate.

As I said I am hoping to avoid relegation.

Hoewever, mid table would be a respectable position so I am aiming for mid table as a pass mark.

River Plate Final Squad.

VIDAL, Arturo

HAMSÍK, Marek

ČECH, Petr

ALBA, Jordi

STURRIDGE, Daniel

BENDER, Lars

WILLIAN, Borges

RAMSEY, Aaron

LAMELA, Érik

SAGNA, Bacary

BARZAGLI, Andrea

AYEW, André

YILMAZ, Burak

CÁCERES, Martín

SALAH, Mohamed

AMORIM, Rúben

JEDVAJ, Tin

TRAORÉ, Bertrand

Boca Junior

Have completed the main bulk of the squad!!

GK

Diego Alves - Brazil

Felipe Carvajal - Costa Rica

DEF

Dejan Lovren - Croatia

Kalidou Koulibaly - France

Marc Wilson - Ireland

Kaan Ayhan - Turkey

Jason Denayer - Belgium

Mattia De Sciglio - Italy

Christian Fuchs - Austria

Andy Robertson - Scotland

MID

Victor Wanyama - Kenya

Adam Maher - Netherlands

Andre Gomes - Portugal

Atiba Hutchinson - Canada

Ander Herrera - Spain

Ahmed Sayed - Egypt

ATT

Radamel Falcao - Columbia

Angel Di Maria - Argentina

Gareth Bale - Wales

Kevin Volland - Germany

Andre Carrillo - Peru

Raul Jimenez - Mexico

Saido berahinho - England

Isaac Success - Nigeria

Very happy with how the squad has turned out, and we still have £2.8M for a few more possible risers :D

1518.png

FEYENOORD

Goalkeepers

Joe Hart - 92

Liam Jacob (who?) 70

Defenders

Thiago Silva - 95

Lukasz Piszczek - 92

Pablo Zabaleta - 92

Jan Vertonghen - 91

Stephan Lichsteiner - 91

Jeremy Mathieu - 90

Daniel Carrico - 87

Pascal Gregor - 75

Midfielders

Bastian Schweinsteiger - 95

Santi Cazorla - 92

Alessandro Florenzi - 89

Denis Glushakov - 89

Wahbi Khazri - 87

Diego Rolan - 85

Ruslan Babenko - 78

Forwards

Jefferson Farfan - 91

Emmanuel Adebayor - 90

Yao Kouassi Gervinho - 90

Ghayas Zahid - 77

With a first team 11 average of 92 I am more than happy with my squad.

Boca Junior

Have completed the main bulk of the squad!!

GK

Diego Alves - Brazil

Felipe Carvajal - Costa Rica

DEF

Dejan Lovren - Croatia

Kalidou Koulibaly - France

Marc Wilson - Ireland

Kaan Ayhan - Turkey

Jason Denayer - Belgium

Mattia De Sciglio - Italy

Christian Fuchs - Austria

Andy Robertson - Scotland

MID

Victor Wanyama - Kenya

Adam Maher - Netherlands

Andre Gomes - Portugal

Atiba Hutchinson - Canada

Ander Herrera - Spain

Ahmed Sayed - Egypt

ATT

Radamel Falcao - Columbia

Angel Di Maria - Argentina

Gareth Bale - Wales

Kevin Volland - Germany

Andre Carrillo - Peru

Raul Jimenez - Mexico

Saido berahinho - England

Isaac Success - Nigeria

Very happy with how the squad has turned out' date=' and we still have £2.8M for a few more possible risers :D[/quote']

You have a lot of players I was interested in:

Koulibaly, Berahino, Wanyama, Ayhan, Gomes. Young players who perform well in big Leagues. 100% risers, all of them.

Nice team. :)

You have a lot of players I was interested in:

Koulibaly' date=' Berahino, Wanyama, Ayhan, Gomes. Young players who perform well in big Leagues. 100% risers, all of them.

Nice team. :)[/quote']

Cheers bud. Yeah I have high hopes for them , especially Koulibaly and Wanyama.

Javi Martinez, Rojo, Sven Bender, Afellay, Pejcinovic and Rafa Marquez are last signings for Guanzgzhou (though, there's place for one more) nad I am quite pleased with the look of this team. Not extremely delighted, but pleased - 90 rated first team, 88 backup and enough youth to cover injury crisis. Mid-table is reality but we tend to surprise :)

1518.png

FEYENOORD

Goalkeepers

Joe Hart - 92

Liam Jacob (who?) 70

Defenders

Thiago Silva - 95

Lukasz Piszczek - 92

Pablo Zabaleta - 92

Jan Vertonghen - 91

Stephan Lichsteiner - 91

Jeremy Mathieu - 90

Daniel Carrico - 87

Pascal Gregor - 75

Midfielders

Bastian Schweinsteiger - 95

Santi Cazorla - 92

Alessandro Florenzi - 89

Denis Glushakov - 89

Wahbi Khazri - 87

Diego Rolan - 85

Ruslan Babenko - 78

Forwards

Jefferson Farfan - 91

Emmanuel Adebayor - 90

Yao Kouassi Gervinho - 90

Ghayas Zahid - 77

With a first team 11 average of 92 I am more than happy with my squad.

Cracking squad there! With those players you should comfortably reach 9th in the league and who knows with some luck you might surpass early expectations and finish 8th!!! :D

Javi Martinez' date=' Rojo, Sven Bender, Afellay, Pejcinovic and Rafa Marquez are last signings for Guanzgzhou (though, there's place for one more) nad I am quite pleased with the look of this team. Not extremely delighted, but pleased - 90 rated first team, 88 backup and enough youth to cover injury crisis. Mid-table is reality but we tend to surprise :)[/quote']

I see what you did there, keep expectations low and if you do better everyone will think you have done marvellously. Classic reverse psychology technique.

Cracking squad there! With those players you should comfortably reach 9th in the league and who knows with some luck you might surpass early expectations and finish 8th!!! :D

Ha ha yeah' date=' though I have higher expectations than mid-table obscurity.[/font']

Good team Matt, but I would be nervous about having a 70 rated 2nd goalie. Hopefully Joe Hart stays fit B)

Good team Matt' date=' but I would be nervous about having a 70 rated 2nd goalie. Hopefully Joe Hart stays fit B)[/quote']

GKs never get injured in SM, mate. :)

Anyway, I almost forgot to say this: so Jamie and I were interested in Jovetic and both of us had bids for him. 2 days ago, Jamie sent me a PM saying sth like "take Jovetic, I'll withraw my offer, so you can save some cash". As several managers ended up biding on Jovetic, I decided to give up on his sgning.

Nevertheless, I think everybody should know what Jamie did for me and what a great guy he is.

GKs never get injured in SM' date=' mate. :)

Anyway, I almost forgot to say this: so Jamie and I were interested in Jovetic and both of us had bids for him. 2 days ago, Jamie sent me a PM saying sth like "take Jovetic, I'll withraw my offer, so you can save some cash". As several managers ended up biding on Jovetic, I decided to give up on his sgning.

Nevertheless, I think everybody should know what Jamie did for me and what a great guy he is.[/quote']

No worries Pedro me old china :)

Shame you couldn't sign him in the end but still looks like you have a tasty squad!