The Defence Versus Attack League - Match Reports, Transfers And All Round Banter.

Matt72

Re: The Defence Versus Attack League - Match Reports, Transfers And All Round Banter.

Regarding points system why not winner of division gets 13 points' date=' 2nd placed 12, 3rd 11 .... so on upto last spot gets 0 and in cups winner 10, final 5, semis 3, quarters 1. It would show who is being consistent otherwise the current points system is kinda winner-takes-all. I can do the calculation if its cumbersome for you, Matt.

EDIT: Also if those at the bottom of the league after mid season(like ultraviolet) may lose interest as they'll have slim to none chance of clinching any points in that season.[/quote']

I agree, that points system looks fair.

Something else: Because of promotion/relegation Divison-1 becomes stronger every season (and Div-2 weaker) . B)

Congrats to Benfica's manager. :P

I already want to sell James "fckng " Milner. Such a donk!

Re: The Defence Versus Attack League - Match Reports, Transfers And All Round Banter.

Liverpool beat Rangers 2 - 1 in their Division 1 fixture. Lewandowski scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance. Negredo was also on the scoresheet for his side. A win is a win for my (mostly) young side...good luck to all for the rest of the season.

Matthew Webb (matt72 Forums) earned a draw with Feyenoord against River Plate.

The match ended 2 - 2 between Feyenoord and River Plate in their Division 1 fixture.

Adebayor and Cazorla were amongst the goalscorers.

Disappointing result in a game we should have won after controlling possession for the large part.

Cookiemonster earned a draw with Lille OSC against AC Milan.

The match ended 3 - 3 between Lille OSC and AC Milan in a thrilling Division 2 encounter.

Nastasić scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Capoue and Feghouli were also amongst the goalscorers.

[MOVE]Chuffed with the result, could've gone either way ...

first game in an middle of the table

[/MOVE]

Iniesta hattrick to get us going in the league. Might add some players over the next few days for the bench' date=' maybe one to slot into the mid.[/quote']

You're lucky to have had Iniesta bribe Sirigu before game

:P

Laura V steered Sunderland to victory against 1.

FC Nürnberg.

Sunderland beat 1.

FC Nürnberg 3 - 2 in their Division 2 fixture.

Modrić scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Pogba and Vucinić were also amongst the goalscorers.

That tricky first game of the GW, I had no idea what to expect. But knowing the killer strikers that play for FC Nürnberg and being that I am a defensive side, I obviously chose full on defensive tactics. Was a bit surprised to see my opponent's strategy, but a welcome first three points for me :D

Also had my first two risers, low rated youngsters Mensah Bernard and Daley Sinkgraven rose considerably, making my substitutes all 80+ now.

I agree' date=' that points system looks fair.

Something else: Because of promotion/relegation Divison-1 becomes stronger every season (and Div-2 weaker) . B)

Congrats to Benfica's manager. :P

I already want to sell James "fckng " Milner. Such a donk![/quote']

Thanks mate was a good game can't believe Balotelli found the winner for me :)

Tigres kicked off their campaign with a loss at home to Marseille. The 3-2 win for Marseille was probably a fair result. I had no answer for Zlatan and he ripped us to shreds at times. Close match though and we created plenty of chances so not too downhearted. On to the next game!

Galatasaray SK with a nice 2-1 win against Seattle sounders. Not the most comfortable wins but ill take it.

A perfectly placed penalty from Witsel gave us the lead, Gerrards curving free kick got the equaliser then soon after Ramires smashes the ball into the top corner.

looking forward to my next game against Esteghlal

photo.jpg

Esteghlal heaps misery on Chelsea

Chelsea 1 - 3 Esteghlal

Pressure piled up on the opening of the league on Venk as Chelsea scummed to a embarrassing home defeat in the first game. Venk seemed to have played the right cards when Cristian Atsu who came in for suspended Banega scored in the 14th min to put Chelsea on track. But a spirited second half from Esteghlal saw them seal all 3 points with goals coming from Lacazette, Alex and Eriksen.

2014-04-30T204632Z_4335-473336.jpg

Regarding points system why not winner of division gets 13 points' date=' 2nd placed 12, 3rd 11 .... so on upto last spot gets 0 and in cups winner 10, final 5, semis 3, quarters 1. It would show who is being consistent otherwise the current points system is kinda winner-takes-all. I can do the calculation if its cumbersome for you, Matt.

EDIT: Also if those at the bottom of the league after mid season(like ultraviolet) may lose interest as they'll have slim to none chance of clinching any points in that season.[/quote']

I am happy to go with this point scoring system if everyone else is, I would not reward losing 1/4 finalists though and limit that to cup winners and losing semi finalists. I would not have such a high points total either for the winner as ultimately you could win half a dozen games and get 10 points, only 3 less than a league winner which would hardly seem fair.

If you wish to PM me mate to thrash out the point scoring for the cup I am more than happy to liaise with you regarding that.

An interesting stat in regards to how the defence has done versus the attack

DEFENCE - Played 14 Won 6 Drawn 4 Lost 4. Points 22 out of a possible 42.

ATTACK - Played 14 Won 5 Drawn 2 Lost 7. Points 17 out of a possible 42.

So after Turn 1 the stats show the defence sides have the edge ever so slightly.

So after Turn 1 the stats show the defence sides have the edge ever so slightly.

Will be a very interesting stat to track over the course of the season.

Will be a very interesting stat to track over the course of the season.

If I recall correctly much of the discussion at the start of the season was that the defence structure looked like stronger teams. I know some work was done to try to balance it and the resuklts are close...let's see how it develops...:o

What will be interesting is a further breakdown of just Defence v Attack games as this will show a better picture of which teams are doing better.....

Matthew Webb (matt72 Forums) steered Feyenoord to victory against Hannover 96.

Feyenoord outclassed Hannover 96 and beat them 3 - 1 in their Division 1 fixture.

Cazorla scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Mathieu and Adebayor were also amongst the goalscorers.

2 games in and sitting second. Really means nothing at present still a long way to go but what is interesting to note is this Defence side has two players on the current top scorers leaderboard in Adebayor and Cazorla.