NO translation without compensation

This is a rebel topic. SM sent me a PM inciting to me to do translations. They has written I could got more information by SM Translation chat. So I asked what the terms were. They said that there is NO MORE prizes for translations.

I want to invite all translators to not do the translations without prizes.

NO TRANSLATION WITHOUT COMPENSATION!

Keep it high!

Re: NO translation without compensation

This is a rebel topic. SM sent me a PM inciting to me to do translations. They has written I could got more information by SM Translation chat. So I asked what the terms were. They said that there is NO MORE prizes for translations.

Keep it high!

Buddy, you don't need to do it

SM look for volunteers to help - so you can if you want to - or not

you will notice that the MODS are volunteers, we help coz we love the game and try to help out when we can

Riferimento: Re: NO translation without compensation

Buddy' date=' you don't need to do it

SM look for volunteers to help - so you can if you want to - or not

you will notice that the MODS are volunteers, we help coz we love the game and try to help out when we can[/quote']

I love this game but translations need lot of time. They awarded all translators just till one year ago. Why don't they continue to do it? If they won't recognize any prize so they won't get translations. Easy.

Re: Riferimento: Re: NO translation without compensation

I love this game but translations need lot of time. They awarded all translators just till one year ago. Why don't they continue to do it? If they won't recognize any prize so they won't get translations. Easy.

i can google translate in seconds, buddy

Riferimento: Re: Riferimento: Re: NO translation without compensation

i can google translate in seconds' date=' buddy[/quote']

If google translator can works why ask to us to translate? SM couldn't translate phrases by himself?

Google translate is very bad, mate. If I do a translation with it by english to italian and report it as GT do, SM will disappear tomorrow because of a lot nonsense translations.

Think before writing. ;)

Re: Riferimento: Re: Riferimento: Re: NO translation without compensation

If google translator can works why ask to us to translate? SM couldn't translate phrases by himself?

Google translate is very bad' date=' mate. If I do a translation with it by english to italian and report it as GT do, SM will disappear tomorrow because of a lot nonsense translations.

Think before writing. ;)[/quote']

lighten up, buddy

am winding you up :D:D:D

Re: Riferimento: Re: Riferimento: Re: Riferimento: Re: NO translation without compens

SM is doing bad choices from a while...

If they want a good managerial online soccer game they have to evaluate to reward active users/translators

We've done that in the past and it encouraged people to translate for the wrong reasons. It also meant that a small minority were misusing the translation system. This led to complaints from those who used it properly. It also caused further problems with what they had actually translated from both our side and also those who genuinely wanted to translate.

Riferimento: Re: Riferimento: Re: Riferimento: Re: Riferimento: Re: NO translation wi

We've done that in the past and it encouraged people to translate for the wrong reasons. It also meant that a small minority were misusing the translation system. This led to complaints from those who used it properly. It also caused further problems with what they had actually translated from both our side and also those who genuinely wanted to translate.

I can agree with you but if you abolish rewards for translations, translations will get worse.

As a translator I think I tried to do my work as well as I could.

But now without prizes I won't translate no more. Losing gold status is not important for me. Abolishing prizes is not the solution. You won't get new translators or you'll find bads like Soccer Wiki happened.

You should find the right system "to have and to give".

They has written I could got more information by SM Translation chat. So I asked what the terms were.!

Where can i find this "SM translation chat"?

I want to be removed as a translator (for other reasons), but it seems impossible to get in touch with the right people, even though i'm a paying customer.

Riferimento: Re: NO translation without compensation

Where can i find this "SM translation chat"?

I want to be removed as a translator (for other reasons)' date=' but it seems impossible to get in touch with the right people, even though i'm a paying customer.[/quote']

You can find him when you log in into SM site down on the right: there is the online friends list and "SM Translation" user (if he is online)

F/A/O Bluethai

yes' date=' as ALLAN said

I have nothing to do with SM, not my job, company etc

I'm a forumer who volunteers to MOD the boards in the forum and keep them tidy and remove posts that break rules etc[/quote']

As a mod I would not expect such trite posts to be made, if I made such a cheap comment I would expect to be warned.

Keep it high!

I guess I may follow your advice, mate.

After all, we're making them earn money with our work.

I'm a professional translator and I simply translate for SM, coz I love the game - I haven't recieved a single reward so far.

Hire me SM and you'll get very good (sorry if I sound arrogant :o) translations in Portuguese, Spanish and French. Hell, add Brazilian Portuguese to the list, as I've been exposed to the language (on TV, etc and it is quite similar to European Portuguese), since childhood. Oh and (Latin American) Spanish.

I know you'll probably laugh at this post, but whatever - at least I had fun doing it. :P

If you need a guy to make SM's content available for millions of people, you can knock on my door.

Countries where SM users would benefit from my work:

France, Switzerland (French speaking part), Belgium (French speaking part), Canada (French speaking part), Ivory Coast, Benin, Congo DR, Republic of Congo, Central African Republic, Burkina Faso, Gabon, Guinea, Mali, Niger, Senegal, Togo, Brazil, Portugal, Angola, Mozambique, Cape Verde, Guinea-Bissau, São Tomé and Príncipe, Spain, Argentina, Bolivia, Chile, Paraguay, Uruguay, Mexico, Peru, Ecuador, Colombia, Venezuela, Dominican Republic, Costa Rica, Guatemala, Honduras, El Salvador, Nicaragua, Panama.

I don't think that's all of them. :D

Cheers!

• 3 weeks later...