Sign in to follow this  
Venk.11

||The Indian Super League||

Re: ||The Indian Super League||

I just hope they don't cost me points/games.

But (like everybody) I'll have to give each Indian player 15 minutes of game time. I sincerely hope all managers obey this rule or else the ones' date=' who don't, would have a big advantage over the others. ;)[/quote']

This is why i've spent a couple of grand more on players (except chhetri who is now worth a 3rd what i bought him for :( ). Don't want them costing points even in a 15 minute cameo. But yeah I agree, some guys like Chennaiyin are spending a lot on Indians.

And i guess 21 works out, although, if you have continuous back to back fixtures it can get tight. I guess a tired foreigner is still better than an Indian in any case (sorry India :) ).

A-new-hope.jpg

Squad Completed in Namma Bengaluru

A manager from the city of Bengaluru could not be more perfect for the city's favorite club - Bengaluru FC. Venk appointment has filled the atmosphere of Bangaluru with new zeal and joy. On this Saturday morning we are proud to present our squad for the upcoming tournament - Indian Super League.

Face of Bengaluru - Frank Lampard

From the Blue of Chelsea to the Blue of Manchester City, Lampard has completed a amazing journey of wearing the Blue Jersey proudly as he joins the Blue of Bengaluru FC. Venk who has excellent working relationship with Lampard had already set sights on him for his Marquee player. Lampard had no second thoughts in joining Venk in this new venture in India and here he is!

Lampard.jpg

The Squad

Looking at Venk's squad, one can easily say that he has done a excellent job with the team. Provide right depths at areas which can prove crucial in a match. Bengaluru have a good keeper in Akinfeev who has proved his business well in Russia. Defense of Bengaluru will boast the likes of Miranda, Kolarov and Sagna with the likes of Zouma who will be crucial on a long run. Midfield will be headed by Lampard with his ex-Chelsea mate Ramires proving to be the engine of the squad. They will be joined by Arteta and Kuba in the section. Youth sensation Vargas may lead the attack for Venk in the Bengaluru jersey. But Traore will be tipped to be Venk's main striker upfront.

081114040030.png

Bengaluru FC Squad 2014/15

Marquee Player

1. Frank Lampard ©

Drafted Players

2. Igor Akinfeev

3. Jao Miranda

4. Santos Ramires

5. Jakub Blaszczykowski (VC)

6. Aleksander Kolarov

Signed Players

7. Mikel Arteta

8. Bacary Sagna

9. Eduardo Vargas

10. Kurt Zouma

11. Paolo De Ceglie

12. Lucina Tarore

13. Michy Batshuayi

14. Sead Kolasinac

15. Saul Niguez

16. Davy Klassen

17. Thorgan Hazard

18. Alcantara Rafinha

19. Runem Garcia

20. Sergi Roberto

21. James Wilson

Indian Roosters

22. Mahesh Gawli

23. Harpal Singh

24. Fulganco Cardozo

25. Lalthuammawia Ralte

26. Malemngamba Meethi

27. Thoi Singh

28. Vishal Kumar

29. Rio Anto

30. Gurtej Singh

31. Siam Hanghal

32. Beikhokhei Beingaichho

33. Karan Sawhney

34. Darren Caldeira

35. Bineesh Balan

Bengaluru FC

Namma Ooru Namma Football Club (Our City, Our Football Club)

07BGCTY2-5_1676900f.jpg

Bengaluru+FC+logo.jpg

Venk's men travel to Bengal on First Day

Bengaluru_FC_practice_2.jpg

Bengaluru player training on Sunday morning before travelling to Kolkata

Venk's Bengaluru FC will kick off their campaign against PJ's East Bengal in Kolkata. The team leaded by Lampard will be hoping to earn all three points in the first game but playing in Salt Lake Stadium will be a tough affair for Venk's boys. Bengaluru will be hoping to put up a good show to silence the noisy Kolkata crowd as East Bengal is know for it's aggressive support from the fans.

8ddc64385e705e380680579fdc04ff0e.jpg

Venk's team would need to produce something special to silence this crowd

Lamapard and all the big names are declared fit for the start of the tournament and Zouma, Vargas and Toure are expected to take the field with vetrans for Bengaluru. Thorgan Hazard would also be line for the starting spot. It will be interesting to see what teams does the manager field for the first game.

East_Bengal_Bengaluru_FC_1.jpg

Earlier clashes have produced some great football between these two

Bengaluru+FC+logo.jpg

Lampard shines as Bengaluru win

East Bengal 0 - 3 Bengaluru

article_2295605_18_BDA3_A7000005_DC_863_634x445.jpg

Lampard lead the way for Bengaluru

Bengaluru came out on top in Kolkata as they silenced the home crowd with their brilliant performance. Bengaluru boys rallied Venk's instruction perfectly to dominate the game from the first min till the last. Lampard played a inspirational role in Bengaluru's win and he scored the first ISL goal for Bangalore when he perfectly latched on to Ramires's calculated through ball and finished it in style. The goal which came just before the break proved very inspirational for the visiting side.

77056548_vargas_getty.jpg

Vargas proved his selection in the starting 11

Bengaluru doubled the lead through a brilliant display of skills as Vargas took on two defenders from the wing to cut inside and beat Navas near post. Blaszczykowski left it late to bury the game for Venk as Bangalore take all 3 points from Salt Lake Stadium.

PA_18972094.jpg

Ramires picked a injury during game. And yes Eva has joined Venk in Bangalore

Ramires picked up a strain during the match is likely to miss clashes against Sporting Clube De Goa, Royal Wahingdoh and Cup game against Mumbai FC.

footie (forum) was unable to prevent a Kerala Blasters defeat to Chennaiyin FC.

Kerala Blasters slumped to a 3 - 1 defeat to Chennaiyin FC in their Division 1 fixture.

Pirlo was on the scoresheet for his side.

Bengaluru+FC+logo.jpg

Bengaluru Sit on top

Mumbai FC 0 - 2 Bengaluru FC

Two first half goals were enough to bury the game in the capital of Maharashtra as Bengaluru cling on to their top position in the league. Frank Lampard again lead the Indian side from the front. Tarore found Vargas with a sublime volley in the 24th min and Chilean fired a powerful header past Forster to put the Bengaluru side in the front.

Lampard_1.jpg

Bengaluru's second came after a brilliant combination of experienced player to display a sublime 1-2 between Frank Lampard and Blaszczywoski with the former a laying a inch perfect throw ball to the English International who made no mistake to cushion the ball past Forster to make it 2 goals up for the team.

Bengaluru held on the the score line to stay atop of division 2 on goal difference with Goa tied with Bengaluru on 12 points and Royal Wahingdoh a point behind. Frank Lampard lead the goal scoring charts with 5 goals in 6 matches.

The match ended 1 - 1 between North East United and Chennaiyin FC in their Division 1 fixture.

Valencia scored the only goal for North East United and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

My wages are slowly killing me anyone else in minus?

24.1 in the green

The huge gulf in attendance is shocking' date=' no wonder teams are losing cash faster than usual.[/quote']

What sort of attendances are you getting?

I'm getting around 2k a game which is obviously wrong, the DY Patil stadium is usually full in real life.

What sort of attendances are you getting?

I'm getting around 2k a game which is obviously wrong' date=' the DY Patil stadium is usually full in real life.[/quote']

I've checked, I have an average attendances of 1.8k person a game not much from yours (Mumbai City) of 1.6k, which is the worst of the Division 1. While Kolkata gets a whopping 19k with the second highest at slightly over 3,000.

The same it is for Div 2, Bagan and Bengal have 19k and 12k respectively with Dempo in 3rd with only 5k. :eek:

Funny thing the those top 3 teams mentioned all play their home matches at Salt Lake Stadium a capacity of 120k.