Brad Vaughan

Joe Cole  

1. 1.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Joe Cole - Chelsea Star

So because he gets injured and has no choose whether he can play or not it drops ! his quality hasnt dropped as he has shown since his return ! !

i think its crap

if you have not being playing long term due to injury then you have no form to speak of. if you have no form to speak of then your rating will drop. once he has played enough games and shown he is back to his best then his rating, if justified will increase again.

don't see a problem with that myself..

his rating drops 1 or 2 points during his spell of inactivity. it wouldn't make sense to drop him 30 points as it's not like it's the end of a players career.

take for example christian vieri. he has hardly played football for over a year and a half and has spent all of this season sitting on the sidelines at atalanta. 12 months ago vieri was a 91 on SM. now he must be about 85. he has been getting decreased gradually due to his inactivity.

it makes no sense therefore to drop a player 30 points due to an injury but it does make sense to drop him 1 or 2 points if the injury leaves him inactive for 4 months or more.

i no i understand but i dont think a players rating should decrease because of injury ! vieri is crap so thats why he doesnt play and has dropped in rating ! i think joe cole has played just as well in the last 3 games as he ever has but now we have to wait until the next english ratings come by !
If a player is not played because he is injured or because he is not performing, they will get dropped as they won't deserve their rating. Sure, if he is injured it is not his fault, but the fact remains the game is based on form and in being injured they are unable to display good form same as if they were having an off patch. Either way they would be dropped. Dropping them to 60 would not be feasible or realistic, when a player is injured in reality his transfer value doesnt suddenly drop down to nothing, but he is less desirable and the same should be true of SM.

He should still be 94 rating.

He was injured couldn't help not playing.

That is wrong because it means if your injured you get bad at playing football.

How does anyone know if he is still bad or good when he is injured.

I would have kept him the same and when he comes back give him a rating change if he is good or bad.

He should still be 94 rating.

He was injured couldn't help not playing.

That is wrong because it means if your injured you get bad at playing football.

How does anyone know if he is still bad or good when he is injured.

I would have kept him the same and when he comes back give him a rating change if he is good or bad.

manu have you read through this thread. SM does ratings on form, if they dont play they have no form to go on. its just like a player being dropped from starting 11 he should of gone down imo

btw no one is doubting his talent but his rating was right to drop

• 2 months later...

Re: Joe Cole

I searched and the search doesn't bring up anything about Joe Cole' date='so no moaning please!!:D

Anyway why did his rating drop by two? I mean the player was injured that's not his fault,I feel if a player gets injured he doesn't deserve to be dropped in ratings.[/quote']

Yes he does. Rating is based on current form. And you don't know how the injury will affect him medium to long term.

Think Mickey Owen's the same player?

Merged this with the other 5 threads on him (search tool should now work fine :) )' date=' and I think that like any quality player who has had a decrease, [b']no harm done as once he rediscovers top form[/b] his rating will go up to what it once was, if not more.

I kind of disagree with you and am siding with the Rooster. :eek:

NOT ALL players recover to be the players they were prior to when they sustained the injury, especially the long term, serious (ie knee/leg) injuries.

Harry Kewell has never been the same .... Michael Owen last lost a yard or 3 which is a problem for a player who heavily relied on his turn of speed. :(

I guess the point is, not all players rediscover their old form. It comes down to the individual, his age and the type of injury suffered I suppose.

In the case of Joe Cole, I think he has a better than average chance of getting back to the level he was. :)

Herby

Sorry, I didn't make myself clear, and agree with you.

I wasn't trying to comment on player's ability to return to best form, i just meant that any player who is injured and rediscovers their best form will get increased again in SM.

Being decreased due to injury is nothing to worry about in SM, yet people always get mad and say 'can't believe he is decreased due to injury he is way too good'. If they come back worse, the rating will keep going down, if they come back as they were, it goes back up so I don't see why people get upset.

• 4 months later...