"International Forumers Championship"

Re: Riferimento: Re: Riferimento: Re: Respuesta: "International Forumers Championship

That's true.

The thing is to understand if is more important to start with empty squads to give everyone the possibility to buy great players or to make a custom similar to real life.

I don't think it is unfair to manage a top club' date=' I just think is a different way to play...[/quote']

Maybe this can be an option to make it similar to real life

Empty squads, 4 divisions

- Div 1: Biggest clubs (Juve, Madrid, Bayern etc) starting budget: 200M

- Div 2: European subtop (Fiorentina, Sevilla, Spurs, Porto etc) budget: 150M

- Div 3: European Avg+ Big Latin America (Ajax, Santos, Boca etc) budget 100 M

- Div 4: Lower ranked European clubs(Standard Liege, FC Koln etc) budget 75M

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: "International Forumers Championship" What has been decided now? Can someone summarize please. Empty or default squads? Also my opinion: 1. This is your GW Franklyn, you decide everything. 2

Re: "International Forumers Championship"

Re: "International Forumers Championship" Since i'm the only Croat here i don't want to make any preferences cause i want Dinamo Zagreb.

Re: Riferimento: Re: Riferimento: Re: Respuesta: "International Forumers Championship

Empty squads' date=' 4 divisions

- Div 4: Lower ranked European clubs(Standard Liege, FC Koln etc) budget 75M[/quote']

He can't decide different budgets for every division

Empty squads' date=' 4 divisions

- Div 4: Lower ranked European clubs(Standard Liege, FC Koln etc) budget 75M[/quote']

Seems unfair that the lower ranked clubs get a lower budget, start at the bottom, smaller stadiums.

Seems unfair that the lower ranked clubs get a lower budget' date=' start at the bottom, smaller stadiums.[/quote']

Yes it's unfair, but in real life its unfair too :) Personally I dont have any problem to manage a lower club that starts in Div-4.

Riferimento: "International Forumers Championship"

Chatting with Italemi, we had a good idea about 2 particular rules...

If we start with default squads it will be interesting to insert 2 particular rules:

1) Teams from 3° and 4° series have the right to buy 3 players from other clubs for reserve price if these players are from their squads and are over 30yo.

For example Berbatov to Cska Sophia, Mertesacker to Hannover, Cambiasso to River, Palacio to Boca etc...

2) Teams from 1° and 2° series must give on loan a prederminated numbers of players to their "satellite teams".

For example Real Madrid must give on loan 2 players to Boca and 2 to River. Inter must give 2 to Partizan and 2 to Crvena etc...

This could be an interesting way to exploit the nationality! :)

Re: Riferimento: "International Forumers Championship"

Chatting with Italemi' date=' we had a good idea about 2 particular rules...

If we start with default squads it will be interesting to insert 2 particular rules:

1) Teams from 3° and 4° series have the right to buy 3 players from other clubs for reserve price if these players are from their squads and are over 30yo.

For example Berbatov to Cska Sophia, Mertesacker to Hannover, Cambiasso to River, Palacio to Boca etc...

2) Teams from 1° and 2° series must give on loan a prederminated numbers of players to their "satellite teams".

For example Real Madrid must give on loan 2 players to Boca and 2 to River. Inter must give 2 to Partizan and 2 to Crvena etc...

This could be an interesting way to exploit the nationality! :)

TBH I think these rules will make things too complicated.

For example:

Dutch teams in Div 3 and 4 all want to sign Robben.

Portuguese teams in Div 3 and 4 all want to sign Ronaldo (30 yrs within 2 months)

Riferimento: Re: Riferimento: "International Forumers Championship"

TBH I think these rules will make things too complicated.

For example:

Dutch teams in Div 3 and 4 all want to sign Robben.

Portuguese teams in Div 3 and 4 all want to sign Ronaldo (30 yrs within 2 months)

Robben is from Groningen and I don't think Groningen will be included in the list...

Ronaldo could be a problem...:rolleyes:

Riferimento: "International Forumers Championship"

Guys, I have many doubts about empty teams.

It is a gameworld created by users from all over the world.

It would be interesting to see the manager to work with smaller teams.

For example, the fourth league would be made by teams like Steaua, Sassuolo, Partizan, Cagliari, AEK etc...I believe it is also nice to take a team of our own country and make a plan to fight with the best teams in the world.

The spirit of the world is to represent the teams from our countries.

In the real world there are differences between the various leagues, it is not unfair, it's just how things go.

Germany, Italy, Spain and England are ridiculous in other sports but they are the best in football.

Certainly, It does not mean to include too weak teams such as Japanese, or Indian, or Singaporeans teams. I have created groups in order to avoid this.

I like the idea of ​​having managers who are defending their talents against the assaults of the big European teams.

With default squads, the transfer market will be mainly made ​​up of intriguing negotiations between us and not merely auctions.

With the passage of the seasons we will see our teams grow and achieve targets, who is going to become international?

Guys' date=' I have many doubts about empty teams.

For example, the fourth league would be made by teams like Steaua, Sassuolo, Partizan, Cagliari, AEK etc...I believe it is also nice to take a team of our own country and make a plan to fight with the best teams in the world.

In the real world there are differences between the various leagues, it is not unfair, it's just how things go.

Germany, Italy, Spain and England are ridiculous in other sports but they are the best in football.

Certainly, It does not mean to include too weak teams such as Japanese, or Indian, or Singaporeans teams. I have created groups in order to avoid this.

I like the idea of ​​having managers who are defending their talents against the assaults of the big European teams.

With default squads, the transfer market will be mainly made ​​up of intriguing negotiations between us and not merely auctions.

With the passage of the seasons we will see our teams grow and achieve targets, who is going to become international?[/b']

So you're not including Indian teams? :S

I assure you I can hold my own with an Indian team.

So your idea is default squads with big teams?

Guys' date=' I have many doubts about empty teams.

With the passage of the seasons we will see our teams grow and achieve targets, who is going to become international?[/b']

I honestly think it may become boring fast. The managers with the best players will never let go of them. Besides, this is looking more like a standard World Championship. ;)

Just my opinion, mate - at the end of the day, it's your gameworld and you have the last word. :)

So you're not including Indian teams? :S

I assure you I can hold my own with an Indian team.

So your idea is default squads with big teams?

Obviously, if you think you can hold your Indian team, then you'll have.

But what if you leave?

What the average rating of this team?

I honestly think it may become boring fast. The managers with the best players will never let go of them. Besides' date=' this is looking more like a standard World Championship. ;)

Just my opinion, mate - at the end of the day, it's your gameworld and you have the last word. :)[/quote']

What would change with empty teams?

The thing is not to "have the better players", I'm not interested in it...:rolleyes:

I'm interested in a representative world! :)

Re: Riferimento: Re: Riferimento: "International Forumers Championship"

I honestly think it may become boring fast. The managers with the best players will never let go of them. Besides' date=' this is looking more like a standard World Championship. ;)

Just my opinion, mate - at the end of the day, it's your gameworld and you have the last word. :)[/quote']

I agree with Pedro. Negotiations won't work. Also, the teams like Madrid, Barca, Bayern, Utd with big stadiums will be able to sustain themselves easily, and buy up all the new talents added as well.

Obviously' date=' if you think you can hold your Indian team, then you'll have.

But what if you leave?

What the average rating of this team?[/quote']

Mumbai City. They have players like Anelka, Ljungberg, Friedrich :D

And a 55k capacity stadium. And they're my home team :D

I'd never leave. But in the off chance that something drastic happens and I'm forced to quit, I will find you a replacement before I leave.

Re: Riferimento: Re: Riferimento: "International Forumers Championship"

Obviously' date=' if you think you can hold your Indian team, then you'll have.

But what if you leave?

What the average rating of this team?[/quote']

I'm sure he was talking about if we used empty squads, Franklyn.

What would change with empty teams?

The thing is not to "have the better players"' date=' I'm not interested in it...:rolleyes:

I'm interested in a representative world! :)[/quote']

Fair enough, mate. If you value a real life based setup more than a balanced and more sustainable one in the long run, go ahead! :)

Hello guys,

I think if you make the gameworld unfair with varying teams, it would demotivate some managers and they would leave (as they would have next to no chance of winning) so its not sustainable.

I still think its possible to have representative teams with an empty gameworld and give the minnows a chance to compete.

Like very strong teams (England, Italy etc.) have to have a team entirely of their nationality

2nd tier teams (Australia, Sweden etc.) can have like maybe 4 foreign players from countries which are not taken (e.g. Brazil and Argentina are not taken) so a couple world class players will balance this game world a little bit.

3rd tier teams (India, Singapore etc.) with extremely low rated players can have like 8 foreign players

This would make this gw sustainable (especially if you start with a relatively low budget) and also give a good international feel.

Just my opinion pls consider it :)

Hello guys' date='

I think if you make the gameworld unfair with varying teams, it would demotivate some managers and they would leave (as they would have next to no chance of winning) so its not sustainable.

I still think its possible to have representative teams with an empty gameworld and give the minnows a chance to compete.

Like very strong teams (England, Italy etc.) have to have a team entirely of their nationality

2nd tier teams (Australia, Sweden etc.) can have like maybe 4 foreign players from countries which are not taken (e.g. Brazil and Argentina are not taken) so a couple world class players will balance this game world a little bit.

3rd tier teams (India, Singapore etc.) with extremely low rated players can have like 8 foreign players

This would make this gw sustainable (especially if you start with a relatively low budget) and also give a good international feel.

Just my opinion pls consider it :)[/quote']

I feel this is a very good idea that will bring balance to the sides.

However it's your gameworld Franklyn, and as long as I get Mumbai City I'm happy :)

Riferimento: Re: Riferimento: Re: Riferimento: "International Forumers Championship"

I agree with Pedro. Negotiations won't work. Also' date=' the teams like Madrid, Barca, Bayern, Utd with big stadiums will be able to sustain themselves easily, and buy up all the new talents added as well.

Mumbai City. They have players like Anelka, Ljungberg, Friedrich :D

And a 55k capacity stadium. And they're my home team :D

I'd never leave. But in the off chance that something drastic happens and I'm forced to quit, I will find you a replacement before I leave.[/quote']

I'm sure he was talking about if we used empty squads' date=' Franklyn.

Fair enough, mate. If you value a real life based setup more than a balanced and more sustainable one in the long run, go ahead! :)[/quote']

I don't understand...

Niki, do you prefere to take your home team and try to make it a great club or do you prefere another standard empty world?

The main feature of this GW is that we have people from all over the world with they squads and players...why don't use it?:)

I don't mind about best players, I just prefere to have my home team and make it great...am I crazy? :D:rolleyes:

Re: Riferimento: Re: Riferimento: Re: Riferimento: "International Forumers Championsh

I don't understand...

Niki' date=' do you prefere to take your home team and try to make it a great club or do you prefere another standard empty world?

The main feature of this GW is that we have people from all over the world with they squads and players...why don't use it?:)

I don't mind about best players, I just prefere to have my home team and make it great...am I crazy? :D:rolleyes:[/quote']

I'd like to make mine a great club! But it will be nearly impossible if MAdrid, Barca etc are hogging all the players.

One option would be a squad cap. Another would be to have all the clubs start off with a similar rating.

I like building squads, and I'm fine with anything to be honest.

I don't understand...

Niki' date=' do you prefere to take your home team and try to make it a great club or do you prefere another standard empty world?

I don't mind about best players, I just prefere to have my home team and make it great...am I crazy? :D:rolleyes:[/quote']

No, of course not!

But I think everyone can pick their club (even though empty) and build a squad suited to their preferences, from scratch.

I just feel a a considerbale amount of managers would be demotivated fast with a gameworld, that would feature the default squads of the best teams in the world + almost no good external players available + less competitiveness.

But it's your gameworld Franklyn, you're the boss. :)

These 2 things that I am concerned about:

- cash budget

- stadium size

(and if clubs start with original squads)

- player ratings gulf

With it being a big gw, probably 20 teams, it will be a long season if I am to bring my hometown club to the very top it will take some time to do so. This could be my biggest challenge yet.