The 4 Nation Challenge v.2

The 4 Nation Challenge v.2

So here it is, after a few discussions with Noisy, and a quick message with Sean I have decided to try & bring back The 4 Nation Challenge.

The History

I was part of the original version towards the end with my famous Espanyol (;)) but an interesting bit of history I didn't know about until Dan (sirmarkhughes) told me was that this was originally EC106 vs EC5579 vs EC7046 vs EC7345 which was a pretty cool idea. Obviously managers went and came and I joined when relatively new to forum custom setups and it has remained easily one of my favourite setups I have been involved in.

The Why

I was also thinking I don't run any setups on here so thought it was about time!

The Concept

This was originally a 20 team setup, 5 clubs from 4 nations - but at the moment I ideally would like to keep it to a 16 team setup, 4 clubs from 4 nations. The clubs would be along the lines of:

Spain - Athletic Bilbao, Sevilla, Real Sociedad, Valencia.

England - Southampton, Everton, Newcastle, Swansea.

Italy - AC Milan, Lazio, Fiorentina, Udinese.

Germany - Monchengladbach, Wolfsburg, Hanover, Hoffenheim.

The gist of the setup is that the 4 clubs from each nation work together to become the highest scoring nation at the end of the season. Communicate via private groups, organise to throw games against each other to gain valuable league position points, sabotage other nations transfer targets - its up to you and your nation on how you play the game!

Smut has suggested trying 6 nations of 3 teams, with I guess the other nations being France, then maybe Portugal or Netherlands. Any other suggestions welcome and open for discussion on here.

Few minor setups details

Starting Budget: £50m

Transfers: Cash only for the first season with a view to changing later down the line.

SMFA monitoring transfers: Off

No loan or transfer dealings with any unmanaged clubs.

The Rules

Here in-lies the magic, there ain't no rules. The aim of the game is as complicated as it gets - work together with your team mates to accumulate the most amount of points, which is what I keep track of so you don't need to worry about rules!

The Points

Kept it very similar to the original as it worked so well.

-5 points for a league victory over a rival nations team.

-1 points for a draw with a rival nations team.

-1 point per combined positive goal difference for each nation, for example:

Results are 4-1, 1-1, 3-2, 0-2 = positive goal difference of 4.

-5 points for a cup/shield win over a rival nations team.

-goal points are the same for cup/shield wins.

-5 points for making cup/shield semifinals.

-10 points for being a losing finalist in the cup/shield.

-15 points for winning the cup/shield.

-10 points for winning the charity shield (from season 2).

-5 points for losing finalist in charity shield

-no points from any game vs a same nation team.

Halfway/Final League Position Points

1. 30/60

2. 20/40

3. 18/36

4. 16/32

5. 15/30

6. 14/28

7. 13/26

8. 12/24

9. 11/22

10. 10/20

11. 9/18

12. 8/16

13. 7/14

14. 6/12

15. 5/10

16. 4/8

So even finishing bottom could make a difference! (not that is should be aimed for :P)

The Interested

1. Noisy (Captain)

2. drseanfitz (Captain)

3. Smut

4. Preppens

5. EdMoses

6. Ray1981

7. Matt72 (Captain)

8. Dreamers

9. Gozzy

10. Nikidinho

11. Wolfy102

12. Like_a_Boas

13. Kupest

14. Ashtini (Captain)

15. Venk

16. sirmarkhughes

The Waiting List

Elohim

Raahizar

Pedrooliveira

Reverie

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: The 4 Nation Challenge v.2 Noisy this morning: Logs into SM Hmm, what?... Stephan EL SHAARAWY has moved to Hannover 96 (Mark M.) from AC Milan (Sir Sean) on a deal believed to be around

Re: The 4 Nation Challenge v.2 Thought id do a quick breakdown the transfer balances and profit made from the rise in value of the purchases. Newcastle 50m Spent - 54.4m Current Value Southampton

Re: The 4 Nation Challenge v.2 Just for you Smut

Re: The 4 Nation Challenge v.2

7899198908_2a9fd5a114.jpg - Team Steve

Noisy - Wolfsburg

Alex - Monchengladbach

Venk - Hanover

Nikidinho - Hoffenheim

7899206614_a2c31f99d3.jpg - Team Sean

Sean - Milan

Smut - Udinese

Gozzy - Fiorentina

kupest - Lazio

7899223528_fc81e7f930.jpg - Team Ash

Athletic Club -Ashtini

Real Sociedad - Ray

Sevilla - sirmarkhughes

Valencia - Preppens

7899197938_ee9214a8c3.jpg - Team Matt

Newcastle - Matt

Southampton - EdMoses

Everton - Dreamers

Swansea - Tom Own

Will have a proper read late (very late) tonight as at work(on my lunchbreak not skiving before I am asked ;)) and then it is my daughters Bday today so got lots going on today/tonight.

Probably even going to miss the live showing of Liverpool in Madrid,(will watch it later mind you!) the sacrifices a father makes for his daughter!! (although TBH it might be more of a case of her saving me from witnessing the carnage!!)

Seems interesting

In terms of team preference I would ideally like a Spanish team if possible (dunno why but Real Sociedad is screaming out at me) as I dont currently manage any and would be a nice change....:)

Under NO circumstances will I manage Everton....

Thank You :)

why not get 4 team captains

randomise their nations

then, using the list of approved managers, get them to get their managerial team together and allocate the teams themselves to their team-mates(this could be a bargaining tool if 2 captains want the same guy)

any manager not picked can be randomised to fill the empty slots

(in a bit of a rush - can expand on this idea later if you want)

I think captains is a great idea, it was Ed that first mentioned this and I know Noisy brought it up too and I think it could work really well.

Looking at the couple of responses I have had I would look at it being the below:

Captains: Steve, Sean, Matt, Ray.

Randomising their nation. (unless they are happy to choose one and can all agree).

Letting them pick their 3 team mates - will need to look at how to go about this the right way.

They can then decide between them who is which team..

With those 4 the mind games could start early in this setup :D

Exactly what job would the team captain role entail? If it is time consuming I will have to pass' date=' if it is just a case of lording it over my team mates then I can do that. :P[/font']

Not a huge amount to it other than selecting the team you want to get together at this time. If it develops you will be informed and at that point I will be happy for it to be passed to a team-mate nominated by the current captain or team.

why not get 4 team captains

randomise their nations

then' date=' using the list of approved managers, get them to get their managerial team together and allocate the teams themselves to their team-mates(this could be a bargaining tool if 2 captains want the same guy)

[b']any manager not picked can be randomised to fill the empty slots[/b]

(in a bit of a rush - can expand on this idea later if you want)

oh dear.

Sure someone will take pity on you Sean. ;)

I think captains is a great idea' date=' it was Ed that first mentioned this and I know Noisy brought it up too and I think it could work really well.

Looking at the couple of responses I have had I would look at it being the below:

Captains: Steve, Sean, Matt, Ray.

Randomising their nation. (unless they are happy to choose one and can all agree).

Letting them pick their 3 team mates - will need to look at how to go about this the right way.

They can then decide between them who is which team..

[b']

With those 4 the mind games could start early in this setup[/b] :D

Oh those mind games I do love them :D

Not a huge amount to it other than selecting the team you want to get together at this time. If it develops you will be informed and at that point I will be happy for it to be passed to a team-mate nominated by the current captain or team.

If you watched what happened in the first season of this gameworld, you would see what a weak captain could do to the team.

Anyway pop me down as in for the GW.