The 4 Nation Challenge v.2

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: The 4 Nation Challenge v.2 Noisy this morning: Logs into SM Hmm, what?... Stephan EL SHAARAWY has moved to Hannover 96 (Mark M.) from AC Milan (Sir Sean) on a deal believed to be around

Re: The 4 Nation Challenge v.2 Thought id do a quick breakdown the transfer balances and profit made from the rise in value of the purchases. Newcastle 50m Spent - 54.4m Current Value Southampton

Re: The 4 Nation Challenge v.2 Just for you Smut

Re: The 4 Nation Challenge v.2

In the battle of the 2 teams that bought the big keepers (neuer & Courtois) and the big strikers (Ronaldo and Lewdan....) It was Milan that came out on top with the highest win out of the non-thrown games

Sir Sean steered AC Milan to victory against Newcastle United.

AC Milan beat Newcastle United 3 - 0 in their Division 1 fixture.

Abate scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Ronaldo and Ménez were also amongst the goalscorers.

2 wins and 1 draw for team Italy tonight. not too bad a night

Good luck to everyone tonight' date=' as long as results match the stats then no one should have any complaints.

Have a great season

Looking forward to our Match up Kupest - good luck fella[/quote']

Good game mate ;). Maybe Valdes wasn't the answer :P

Anyways Robben scoring two and getting an assist in our 5-3 win against Ed.

And people were onto us for transferring a player within the team. Seems throwing away games is going to be norm.

The match ended 3 - 3 between Valencia and Monchengladbach in a thrilling Division 1 encounter.

Negredo scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Parejo and Martínez were also amongst the goalscorers.

Was down 3-1 until the 77th minute when our captain Javi Martinez made it 3-2.

And then Parejo scored the equalizer in the 80th minute. Having this in mind, I'm pretty satisfied with a draw.

Oh, also Alves and Sommer might be the worst goalkeepers to ever have walked this earth. Alves saved one shot that was on target. And Sommer saved none :eek:

Ash' date=' I have just read the points scoring system and whilst I'm not sure how it works, can you tell us whether goal difference in matches between teams of the same nation count?[/quote']

Think very carefully about that smut. Figure out the combined goal difference of any same nation game

Ash' date=' I have just read the points scoring system and whilst I'm not sure how it works, can you tell us whether goal difference in matches between teams of the same nation count?[/quote']
Think very carefully about that smut. Figure out the combined goal difference of any same nation game

Haha classic. :P

Was down 3-1 until the 77th minute when our captain Javi Martinez made it 3-2.

And then Parejo scored the equalizer in the 80th minute. Having this in mind' date=' I'm pretty satisfied with a draw.

Oh, also Alves and Sommer might be the worst goalkeepers to ever have walked this earth. Alves saved one shot that was on target. And Sommer saved none :eek:[/quote']

Good game Prep, I was very disappointed to see my team bottle it like that.

No mate, same nation games are all about league points/position.

I have a graph set up like Sean did but I am nowhere near as good & can't get the first round points to show on it but can with the second round points so the shiny graph will come after round 2 :).

Italy - 16pts

Germany - 7pts

England - 7pts

Spain - 2pts

With the advantage of not having a same nation game Italy take a storming lead, AC and Lazio with impressive home wins and Udinese picking up a useful point away at Sociedad.

Everton's win saved England's blushes.

Less said about Spain the better :P.

Good game mate ;). Maybe Valdes wasn't the answer :P

Anyways Robben scoring two and getting an assist in our 5-3 win against Ed.

And people were onto us for transferring a player within the team. Seems throwing away games is going to be norm.

Well played fella' date=' thought I had you nailed on actually but the stats show the right team one so fair play.

Bit of a thriller really, 8 goals can never be sniffed at! Not really my style to attack in the first game of a GW and "watching" the game through Score Centre confirmed just why! Feared a full on mauling when I found I was 2-0 down after just 12 minutes. managed to pull it back to 2-2 after 35, couple minutes later in was 3-2 - thrilling stuff.

Having bigged him up it cant go unnoticed that Victor Valdes got a 4. :o

GOAL!! - The keeper gets a hand to it but can't keep it out.

GOAL!! - VALDÉS can't get there and it's a goal!

GOAL!! - VALDÉS can't get down quickly enough and the ball ends up in the net.

GOAL!! - It drifts past the keeper and in.

You had 14 shots, only 5 on target and all went in. Shambolic from the experienced twonk in the sticks.

Congrats tho mate, he who wins the stats should win the game so theres no real grumbles this end.

In the first of our exclusive interviews with the season just started, I grabbed an exclusive chat with the Spanish Captain Ashtini, who revealed his hopes, fears and views on both himself, his side and the opposition.

1- Happy with your signings? Why were they bought?

I am pretty happy with them, Rakitic, Bernet and Blind being the main signings, all open to rating increases. I got fair amount of youngsters in too as I see this as a long term setup.

2- Other than yourself how do you think has done best in the transfer market?

Can't really ignore the signings Sean has made, Ronaldo and Neuer for CV is pretty impressive. Gladbach for Ze Germans.

I think Pat at Valencia are my favourite set of transfers though. Diego Costa CV for obvious reasons, but more so for Varane, I think he is brilliant.

3- your ambitions/expectations for the new season

For Spain to do well on both - its a long season and I am pretty hopeful with the set of managers we have that we will have a good first season.

4- what other nation do you fear the most and why?

All of them, would be silly to write off one particular nation. Italy have done well in the first round of transfers. Germany have strong squads and England have arguably the highest valued players from their original squads.

5- Which opposition Nation will come last and why?

I'm going to go with England at the mo, not sure why just have a feeling they will be stronger in the second season.

6- Best manager in your nation?

I think all of them are tops but Ray and Dan are GC/EC based so for a setup like this I will go with Pat as he has loads of experience in Customs.

7- worst manager in your nation?

In customs it has to be me - see Progress and Anno for proof

8- Best opposition manager?

Noisy, Ed or Sean - tough to split them.

9- Worst opposition manager?

Markm hasnt started in the best of fashions but I will go wiiiiith Matt

10- Manager most likely to have a criminal record?

Smut.

11- Manager most likely to be a hit with the ladies?

Haha of this bunch? You are joking right?

Errm, Ed maybe, gift of the gab.

12- Manager least likely to be a hit with the ladies?

Smut, because of his criminal record.

13- Manager most susceptible to mind games?

Matt, or Smut, because of his criminal record.

14- Manager most short of brain matter?

Smut, because of his criminal record /

15- Who both nation and manager will finish last?

Gozzy and England, oooooo!

16- Where will you finish?

Midtable!

I would like to thank Ash for taking the time to sit and answer a few questions, a few talking points hopefully we will get to hear a response from the respective camps in due time. :)