The 4 Nation Challenge v.2

Re: The 4 Nation Challenge v.2

No mate' date=' same nation games are all about league points/position.

I have a graph set up like Sean did but I am nowhere near as good & can't get the first round points to show on it but can with the second round points so the shiny graph will come after round 2 :).

[center']Italy - 16pts

Germany - 7pts

England - 7pts

Spain - 2pts[/center]

With the advantage of not having a same nation game Italy take a storming lead, AC and Lazio with impressive home wins and Udinese picking up a useful point away at Sociedad.

Everton's win saved England's blushes.

Less said about Spain the better :P.

I know I misunderstood how this works in the first place but I still cant see how England have 7 points or how we got 16, can someone please explain?

looking at their managers, I can completely understand some kind of handicap system in their favour but I don't see this in the rules.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: The 4 Nation Challenge v.2 Noisy this morning: Logs into SM Hmm, what?... Stephan EL SHAARAWY has moved to Hannover 96 (Mark M.) from AC Milan (Sir Sean) on a deal believed to be around

Re: The 4 Nation Challenge v.2 Thought id do a quick breakdown the transfer balances and profit made from the rise in value of the purchases. Newcastle 50m Spent - 54.4m Current Value Southampton

Re: The 4 Nation Challenge v.2 Just for you Smut

I know I misunderstood how this works in the first place but I still cant see how England have 7 points or how we got 16' date=' can someone please explain?

looking at their managers, I can completely understand some kind of handicap system in their favour but I don't see this in the rules.[/quote']

Everton won 4-2 away at Fiorentina. 5pts for the win, 2pts for the positive goal difference. 5+2=7

Udinese got 1pt for the draw.

Milan got 5pts for the win and 3pts for the positive goal difference.

Lazio got 5pts for the win and 2pts for the positive goal difference.

1+8+7=16

Everton won 4-2 away at Fiorentina. 5pts for the win' date=' 2pts for the positive goal difference. 5+2=7

Udinese got 1pt for the draw.

Milan got 5pts for the win and 3pts for the positive goal difference.

Lazio got 5pts for the win and 2pts for the positive goal difference.

1+8+7=16[/quote']

I'm not complaining if this is how it is but on the first page, the losing scoreline was included in the team goal difference. which would mean England had -4 not +2.

i first read it your way and that is what made me think there is a problem with rigging games.

I'm not complaining if this is how it is but on the first page' date=' the losing scoreline was included in the team goal difference. which would mean England had -4 not +2.

i first read it your way and that is what made me think there is a problem with rigging games.[/quote']

Nope. I just haven't updated the opening post sorry - will do when I get to a PC. Things pretty crazy with moving out the house in 4 days, selling it & then work!

Only positive goal difference is counted.

Nope. I just haven't updated the opening post sorry - will do when I get to a PC. Things pretty crazy with moving out the house in 4 days' date=' selling it & then work!

Only positive goal difference is counted.[/quote']

and i presume, in games between teams of the same nation, their result doesn't get included.

Southampton

Transfers Out: 10 players at £41.7m

Total Transfer Kitty : £91.7m

AC Milan

Transfers Out: 30 players at £159.4m

Total Transfer Kitty : £209.4m

You should walk this Sean. :(

You decided not to sell a lot of your squad. I think Sean's sold almost everything :P

You decided not to sell a lot of your squad. I think Sean's sold almost everything :P

Oh yeah, that'll be it. :rolleyes:

Southampton: Starting Squad

Players - 38

Value - £163m

Milan: Starting Squad

Players - 57

Value - £218.8m

Hey, I aint moaning, it is what it is. I would love to have had Ronaldo and Messi in my side but simply don't have the means. B)

So there is a huge pressure on Team Italy, and in particular Sean, because they have the biggest pool of assets, from the largest squads and which they have used to buy the best players.

And for that reason anything less than a hammering of England, Germany and Spain could be deemed a failure.

Oh yeah' date=' that'll be it. :rolleyes:

Southampton: Starting Squad

Players - 38

Value - £163m

Players - 57

Value - £218.8m

Hey, I aint moaning, it is what it is. I would love to have had Ronaldo and Messi in my side but simply don't have the means. B)

So there is a huge pressure on Team Italy, and in particular Sean, because they have the biggest pool of assets, from the largest squads and which they have used to buy the best players.

And for that reason anything less than a hammering of England, Germany and Spain could be deemed a failure.[/quote']

Agreed that Milan is probably higher than most. There were bids for Messi from Everton, me and Hoffeheim whose squad valeus are nearly the same as ours.

I remember my squad value being 166 as soon as I transfer listed my first player. Newcastle I think have a value of nearly 200 (but player values have changed a bit). To be honest not much difference between them and Milan.

Agreed that Milan is probably higher than most. There were bids for Messi from Everton' date=' me and Hoffeheim whose squad valeus are nearly the same as ours.

I remember my squad value being 166 as soon as I transfer listed my first player. Newcastle I think have a value of nearly 200 (but player values have changed a bit). To be honest not much difference between them and Milan.[/quote']

Players - 57

Value - £218.8m

Newcastle: Starting Squad

Players - 40

Value - £186.2m

Not much difference equals £32.6m - incidentally that's just £900k short of the total cost of Milan's first 8 purchases - which included the worlds best goalkeeper.

Just saying like.

messi and ronaldo to milan:p

And Neuer.. You've got the 3 best players in the world. Congratz mate.

I saw you had bid on Messi and wanted to stop you from landing him' date=' had a high bid in but quickly realized I didn't have the finances to back it up so withdrew haha.

I've never seen that duo not performing superbly in a gw before, so that will be a great test for my newly formed defense to face tomorrow..

Oh and add Sergio Aguero to that too :)

Muller & Aguero =

dfd5455e0cd64bae5218037e1890465e.jpeg

Great signings mate! We needed that.

Total transfer Kitty’s To Date Across Nations

Sevilla

Budget : £50m

Transfers Out: £106.6m

Total Kitty : £156.6m

Valencia

Transfers Out: £77.7m

Total Kitty : £127.7m

Real Sociedad

Transfers Out: £65.7m

Total Kitty : £115.7m

Athletic Club

Transfers Out: £120.9m

Total Kitty : £170.9m

Espania Combined Transfer Power: £570.9m

Wolfsburg

Transfers Out: £48.9m

Total Kitty : £98.9m

Hoffenheim

Transfers Out: £99.8m

Total Kitty : £149.8m

Mochengladbach

Transfers Out: £37.4m

Total Kitty : £87.4m

Hanover

Transfers Out: £54.9m

Total Kitty : £104.9m

Ze German’s Combined Transfer Power: £341.0m

Everton

Transfers Out: £42.4m

Total Kitty : £92.4m

Southampton

Transfers Out: £41.7m

Total Kitty : £91.7m

Swansea

Transfers Out: £48.2m

Total Kitty : £98.2m

Newcastle

Transfers Out: £125.7m

Total Kitty : £175.7m

Engerlaand’s Combined Transfer Power: £458m

AC Milan

Transfers Out: £159.4m

Total Kitty : £209.4m

SS Lazio

Transfers Out: £98m

Total Kitty : £148m

Udinese

Transfers Out: £84.3m

Total Kitty : £134.3m

ACF Fiorentina

Transfers Out: £106.7m

Total Kitty : £156.7m

Capacino’s Combined Transfer Power: £648.4m

The Capacino’s Combined Transfer Power: £648.4m

Espania Combined Transfer Power: £570.9m

Engerlaand’s Combined Transfer Power: £458m

Ze German’s Combined Transfer Power: £341.0m

Players - 57

Value - £218.8m

Newcastle: Starting Squad

Players - 40

Value - £186.2m

Not much difference equals £32.6m - incidentally that's just £900k short of the total cost of Milan's first 8 purchases - which included the worlds best goalkeeper.

Just saying like.

Well I din't consider the youth/loans for Milan but I did for Newcastle so yeah my value for Milan would increase. My bad. :o. Hey ho the other Italian squads arn't rich I guess.

Thats because its to date' date=' hence some of the teams havn't sold/arn't selling their players from the original squads.

[/quote']

Went through each team and there is really only 3 teams who havent sold most of the dead wood, one of those one has a lot of accepted bids to go through, another has a lot of transfer listed players not bid on and the other had a small squad and choose to keep them as they should rise. One English, one Spanish and one German.