The 4 Nation Challenge v.2

Re: The 4 Nation Challenge v.2

Let's not forget that there were other incidents that helped Milan land the biggest players other then starting value. Such as tactics from the Italians having other side(s) signing his players :D

Thats because its to date' date=' hence some of the teams havn't sold/arn't selling their players from the original squads.

Anyways Transfers news for Lazio

IN

Daniele De Rossi - 17.1 million

Carlos Tevez - 15.3 million

Simone Zaza - 5.3 million

Dare to Zlatan - 25.6 million[/quote']

Nice signings there mate. Great value for money.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: The 4 Nation Challenge v.2 Noisy this morning: Logs into SM Hmm, what?... Stephan EL SHAARAWY has moved to Hannover 96 (Mark M.) from AC Milan (Sir Sean) on a deal believed to be around

Re: The 4 Nation Challenge v.2 Thought id do a quick breakdown the transfer balances and profit made from the rise in value of the purchases. Newcastle 50m Spent - 54.4m Current Value Southampton

Re: The 4 Nation Challenge v.2 Just for you Smut

And Neuer.. You've got the 3 best players in the world. Congratz mate.

I saw you had bid on Messi and wanted to stop you from landing him' date=' had a high bid in but quickly realized I didn't have the finances to back it up so withdrew haha.

I've never seen that duo not performing superbly in a gw before, so that will be a great test for my newly formed defense to face tomorrow..[/quote']

you are right, that pair don't tend to run away with topping the average ratings, assists and goalscorers charts when they are together but the main thing is that they are now in the Italian group for however long the gameworld lasts.

Top 10 Transfers (some subject to completion)

Messi - £48m - Milan

Ronaldo - £38.6m - Milan

Ramos - £34.8m - Hoffenheim

Aguero - £33.7m - Bilbao

Iniesta - £32.1m - Fiorentina

Reus - £31.5m - Valencia

Suarez - £31m - Wolfsburg

Busquets - £30m - Udinese

Neymar - £29.5m - Valencia

Muller - £28.5m - Bilbao

Let's not forget that there were other incidents that helped Milan land the biggest players other then starting value. Such as tactics from the Italians having other side(s) signing his players :D

Nice signings there mate. Great value for money.

Haha thanks mate, just realized I have a bunch of oldies signed up. :o:cool:

you are right' date=' that pair don't tend to run away with topping the average ratings, assists and goalscorers charts when they are together but the main thing is that they are now in the Italian group for however long the gameworld lasts.[/quote']

No they always top the charts was what I meant. :)

Btw, well done to you regarding bidding on players. Had me consfused on who you were actually going for and who you just wanted me to spend more cash on. :P

Fair play man.

No they always top the charts was what I meant. :)

Btw' date=' well done to you regarding bidding on players. Had me consfused on who you were actually going for and who you just wanted me to spend more cash on. :P

Fair play man.[/quote']

I havnt been in many set ups where the pair are in the same team but I found that when they are, they don't perform as well as you would think.

I confused myself with all this bidding.

it's not been a good day so far for Udinese, had to lose a winning bid on Sterling for fear of it going through and not leaving me enough cash for Aguero, who it turns out decided to go to a club for the wages instead of trophies.

Now putting plan b into action but don't have a plan C in place.

Thought I would try and get a bit of a starting, jump of point for all teams so that we can refer back and basically hammer whom ever doesn’t perform at the end of the season

Here’s how I have calculated each team and then nation.

Original Team Value

Current Squad Value including those out on loan and minus those in on loan

+

Purchase Value of all Transfers out completed (no point taking value as this will vary wildly based upon the team they go to, whereas purchase price to external is normally consistent versus value across the GW)

-

Current Value (not price paid) of Purchased Players

=

A ball park of the original squad value, I say ball park, this will be actually pretty accurate.

So as an example, here’s my Southampton:-

…£151.7m Current Squad Value

- £ 12.2m Players on Loan

+£ 10.8m Player out on Loan*

+£ 41.7m Purchase value of transfers out completed

-£ 62.4m CV of players bought in

=£ 129.6m Original Working Squad Value

* I've included loans out for everyone, I know some of us - myself included, have those players cup tied and cant recall but they remain assets albeit for next season.

So how do the teams shape up using the same method across the GW’s?

Well, fear not, here is the answer for everyone:-

£ 234.8m AC Milan

£ 205.3m Udinese Calcio

£ 194.2m ACF Fiorentina

£ 180.6m Newcastle United

£ 179.3m Athletic Club

£ 173.7m SS Lazio

£ 173.3m Sevilla

£ 172.5m Wolfsburg

£ 169.9m Real Sociedad

£ 165.1m Everton

£ 157.6m Hoffenheim

£ 149.3m Valencia

£ 134.3m Hanover

£ 129.6m Southampton

£ 129.1m Swansea City

£ 128.4m Monchengladbach

So the top 3 richest clubs are all Italian, and the poorest Italian side was still the 6th richest overall.

Here’s the breakdown by combining those values across the four nations:-

£ 808.0m Italy

£ 671.8m Spain

£ 604.4m England

£ 592.8m Germany

So the Italians had more than £136m worth of assets than their next nearest rival nation. And the poor old Germans started the GW worth a staggering £215.2m less than the top side.

Ed - if the values etc are an issue for you why did you choose team England? - you had a choice to come to Italy and made a deliberate decision to stay there.

Stop crying like a girl who's just had her barbie doll decapitated, and man up.

there are loads of factors that make the game - not just starting squads, maybe spend a bit more time on team strategy and a little less time on crying

56347565_zps1b5a3818.jpg

and don't forget the Italians have been dumped with me as captain, and I'm crap at the game, so it had to be balanced out somewhere;)

Total transfer Kitty’s To Date Across Nations

The Capacino’s Combined Transfer Power: £648.4m

Espania Combined Transfer Power: £570.9m

Engerlaand’s Combined Transfer Power: £458m

Ze German’s Combined Transfer Power: £341.0m

When you see it like that :eek:

you get a skewed version relative to how many players people are selling

Went through each team and there is really only 3 teams who havent sold most of the dead wood' date=' one of those one has a lot of accepted bids to go through, another has a lot of transfer listed players not bid on and the other had a small squad and choose to keep them as they should rise. One English, one Spanish and one German.[/quote']

really... looked at the first 2 english sides on my list - Everton have 16 players not listed(+ 4 loaned out), Newcastle have 11 not listed (and 1 loaned out). so between 2 teams alone that's 32 players to sell.

Ed - if the values etc are an issue for you why did you choose team England? - you had a choice to come to Italy and made a deliberate decision to stay there.

Stop crying like a girl who's just had her barbie doll decapitated' date=' and man up.

there are loads of factors that make the game - not just starting squads, maybe spend a bit more time on team strategy and a little less time on crying

[center']56347565_zps1b5a3818.jpg

[/center]

and don't forget the Italians have been dumped with me as captain, and I'm crap at the game, so it had to be balanced out somewhere;)

ooooh Shots fired B)

Stop crying like a girl who's just had her barbie doll decapitated' date=' and man up.

[center']56347565_zps1b5a3818.jpg

[/center]

Not crying old buddy old pal, merely setting out where we all began.

Joining Italy was never a consideration once I had agreed to be part of Matts England. Not the type of bloke to do that kind of thing, although the credits from Smut and the various lady pics from your self weren't accepted witout gratitude.

We all now have a reference of where we started, so i'll be interesting to see how the final Season One standings look versus that.

The big question is tho, if Italy don't win overall in season one as a team, and those mega wealthy teams don't take at least the top two positions individually, who will you make walk? (although it being Italy it'll likely be a flounce)

Also, you see me as a god? B)

In other news, delighted to say that Jordan Henderson will be joining Southampton:-

The offer for Jordan HENDERSON of Liverpool from Southampton has been accepted along with a "offer" from some Italian club - yep, you guessed it its for CV and made in an attempt to make you Ed, you, raise your bid beyond your first bid. Nice to see you didn't, and simply stuck with your first offer. Surprising that they don't seem to tire of this now predictable routine isn't it Ed? Liverpool will now proceed with your offer and blatantly ignore the Italian madness that even Brendan Rodgers can see through. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

Further news also regarding César AZPILICUETA who may, may be joining Southampton:-

The offer for César AZPILICUETA of Chelsea from Southampton has been accepted along with, what on the face of it looks suspiciously like a genuine Italian bid - do the Italians actually make proper bids on players? Well in this instance they have offered a full £3.3m million above CV! Well done Ed, you see, if they cancel that deal you end up with the lad for barely over CV, if they don't they are overpaying massively. Oh, Jose ants you to know that he would prefer to deal with you anyway Ed and he's off talking to the Russian Oligarth as we speak. Chelsea will now decide which offer to proceed with. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours..

He comes to me - bargain.

He goes to Smut and the Italian trick has back fired and Smut massively overpays.

B):D

He comes to me - bargain.

He goes to Smut and the Italian trick has back fired and Smut massively overpays.

B):D

love how whenever anyone else bids over CV to try and get a player then it's just that' date=' but when it's an Italian side it suddenly becomes a trick:D

do the Italians actually make proper bids on players?

no we don't obviously. because if we did, then we'd end up signing players, and some big girls blouse would spend half their day crying about the players we get in..... oh wait;)

love how whenever anyone else bids over CV to try and get a player then it's just that' date=' but when it's an Italian side it suddenly becomes a trick:D[/quote']

Ahh my bad.

So your saying the tactic employed isn't a trick but rather an intentional overpayment of almost 30% the players CV versus my little over CV bid?

Hmmmm. Maybe I've been premature - that half a billion pound advantage or whatever maybe isn't such big advantage in Italian hands after all.

no we don't obviously. because if we did' date=' then we'd end up signing players, and some big girls blouse would spend half their day crying about the players we get in..... oh wait;)[/quote']

Ed points out that the Italians have a massive financial advantage:-

SirSean : "blah, blah blah, need a tissue Ed?"

Ed points out that he's forced Smut to overpay by a whole ton of money on a target:-

SirSean : "shut up, shut up, (fingers in ears) not listening, not listening"

SirSean turns to disposable henchman.

SirSean : "You boy, get me Number Two on the phone"

Disposable Henchman : "It's Gozzy, Number One"

SirSean : "What?"

Disposable henchman : "Gozzy, Number One - my names Gozzy"

SirSean : "Look Gassy, get Number Two on the phone NOW"

Gassy/Gozzy : "Sir"

Moments later.

Gassy/Gozzy : "Number one I have Smut on line one for you"

SirSean : "Number Two? Number One here. César AZPILICUETA.

................Start Explaining."

Azpilicueta is just another irritating bid for Udinese today.

he wasn't involved in Plan A but when we turned to plan B, he became a target.

Unfortunately we are on plan C and the main targets in plan C are still waiting on bids being accepted, I am now in the same dilemma as I was during plan A where I had to lose Sterling despite having won that battle.

I need to go away and think of plan D, whilst I would be be very happy to have Azpilicueta at 15m, I don't know if I have the money for him.:confused:

Ahh my bad.

So your saying the tactic employed isn't a trick but rather an intentional overpayment of almost 30% the players CV versus my little over CV bid?

if i was a trick' date=' I'm pretty sure he wouldn't have bid that much(you only need to bid CV to make someone else think you are bidding on a player )- whats the point of bidding so much over for a bid that can only be revealed once the damage is done?

My guess would be that smut had to gamble on what the rival bids would be to be certain he secured one of the premier leagues top defenders. and it appears in this case he severely over estimated his worth to others..

or was it that I was desperate that the versatile defender joined team Italy, and ordered him to overpay just to be sure.. He would sure look pretty next to Miranda and Chiellini in 10 weeks time.[img']http://forum.soccermanager.com/images/smilies/wink.gif[/img]

(no it wasn't option 2 - smut just paid over as he has admitted)

Ed points out that he's forced Smut to overpay by a whole ton of money on a target:-

SirSean : "shut up' date=' shut up, (fingers in ears) not listening, not listening"

SirSean turns to disposable henchman.

SirSean : "You boy, get me Number Two on the phone"

Disposable Henchman : "It's Gozzy, Number One"

SirSean : "What?"

Disposable henchman : "Gozzy, Number One - my names Gozzy"

SirSean : "Look Gassy, get Number Two on the phone NOW"

Gassy/Gozzy : "Sir"

Moments later.

Gassy/Gozzy : "Number one I have Smut on line one for you"

SirSean : "Number Two? Number One here. César AZPILICUETA.

................Start Explaining."

amusing as it was Ed, 2 things:

1 - not quite sure how you turned me discussing 'proper bids' into something about turning a blind eye to the price of players, but hey you were probably distracted thinking about Thor and his pink hammer;)

2 - there is no way on this planet I would speak to Gozzy like that,

I'd get kupid or whatever my other minion is called to do it for me.

Azpilicueta is just another irritating bid for Udinese today.

he wasn't involved in Plan A but when we turned to plan B' date=' he became a target.

Unfortunately we are on plan C and the main targets in plan C are still waiting on bids being accepted, I am now in the same dilemma as I was during plan A where I had to lose Sterling despite having won that battle.

I need to go away and think of plan D, whilst I would be be very happy to have Azpilicueta at 15m, I don't know if I have the money for him.:confused:[/quote']

The Jackson 5 said it best Smut

"Its easy as 1,2,3"

You've got more letters than a Scrabble board there.

The cracks are starting to show.......and so it begins.

.......or was it that I was desperate that the versatile defender joined team Italy' date=' and ordered him to overpay just to be sure.. He would sure look pretty next to Miranda and Chiellini in 10 weeks time.(no it wasn't option 2 - smut just paid over as he has admitted)

There goes that non advantage of all that extra money again.........

(I'm all for a bit of white out! Classic minion management of Smut there, you post this and then I will post that - it's like watching laurel and hardy fire fighting)

2 - there is no way on this planet I would speak to Gozzy like that' date='

I'd get kupid or whatever my other minion is called to do it for me.[/quote']

This made me laugh man. really tickled me - bravo sir! :D

The Jackson 5 said it best Smut

"Its easy as 1' date='2,3"

You've got more letters than a Scrabble board there.

The cracks are starting to show.......and so it begins.[/quote']

Alexis Sanchez has papered over that crack, with him coming it has made plan D easier.

I could dump this Chelsea guy and be kind to the pink warrior, then I could put in a 36m bid on Alaba.

Alexis Sanchez has papered over that crack' date=' with him coming it has made plan D easier.

I could dump this Chelsea guy and be kind to the pink warrior, then I could put in a 36m bid on Alaba.[/quote']

Don't believe a word of it.

Why would you be bidding on the Chelsea lad if you could get Alaba?

I think yer heads gone mate. Someone get him some water and a dark room to lie down in. Poor lad.

Don't believe a word of it.

Why would you be bidding on the Chelsea lad if you could get Alaba?

I think yer heads gone mate. Someone get him some water and a dark room to lie down in. Poor lad.

but I don't know if I will get Alaba , that is the problem as there are 3 others currently bidding.

If I take Azpilicueta, then I can get another 91/92 but then again...