The 4 Nation Challenge v.2

Re: The 4 Nation Challenge v.2

In the second of my exclusive interviews I headed over to see Old Big Ed to give us a view from inside the England Camp, where he discussed matters ranging as far as Italian Corruption and curtains....

1- Happy with your signings? Why were they bought

Yeah, pretty happy. I won’t lie, the GK position was annoying as I generally like to nail that down early on but a number of other players became more pressing. I’ve never really like Valdes so he is a stop gap really and will leave as soon as things settle and I can identify a lower rated longer term alternative. I’ve never had Sturridge in a GW and he’s my current favourite Liverpool player so chuffed to have got him.

Draxler will clearly be a massively player for me, its unlikely I will make a “bigger” purchase in terms of future really.

Bender and Jese were signed because they have effeminate names naturally. Expect David Batty to come out of retirement for the same reason.

2- Other than yourself how do you think has done best in the transfer market?

To me, an open market should be about quality and value equally so I don’t hold with the massive player acquisitions really. For that reason, and I fully respect the top top players that have been bought for CV or there abouts, I think Valencia have done some sterling work, particularly up until the purchase of Lloris, but with good keepers in limited supply an over payment was almost inevitable on him. Varane was one I really wanted, like the lad a lot, and to effectively under pay for Costa and Martinez balances that Reus purchase off well. So yeah, Valencia for me.

3- your ambitions/expectations for the new season

To retain the same managers across the GW for the season and keep the banter going. A GW without a vibrant thread is like Kerry Katona wering non quick release knickers – its not normal, it aint right and it leads to embarrassing schlong block. Plus clean up is made all the much tougher……sorry, mind may have wandered of point there.

4- what other nation do you fear the most and why?

Clearly the wealthy, gold wearing, moped riding, capacino sipping, floppy haired, first three buttons of the shirt open to reveal hairy chested, leary, sexism of the Italians cannot be ignored. They have the most money and the biggest squads. However, much like their nation, they have a weak underbelly. I think if their ultimately cowardly mentality can be exposed then they will come a cropper. Its no secret that Italy head hunted numerous managers and were the last to fill their team up, in the end pretty much getting bailed out by the GW itself. I think the challenge within the challenge is to take these pretty boys down a peg or too.

5- Which opposition Nation will come last and why?

I think the Germans have been given a real test. I question if they are truly up for it.

6- Best manager in your nation?

Gonna go with Matt, hes had the better of me elsewhere.

7- worst manager in your nation?

Me. Although I would never admit it.

8- Best opposition manager?

Best for me is Smut – not because he’s good but because, as I’ve said on many an occasion, he’s one of if not my favouritist forummer and therefore the one I will most enjoy pulling the pants down and sticking an England flag right up there.

9- Worst opposition manager?.

Worst for me is Smut – not because he’s bad but because, as I’ve said on many occasions, he’s a right pain on the forum. I pretty much ghuarantee that when I pull his pants down and stick the England flag right up there he will enjoy it. Probably see him at the National Convention of Flags the following year with a smile and a tub of Vaseline.

10- Manager most likely to have a criminal record?

Sir Sean. He has that menacing presence of someone who has done a bit of bird. He also walks like he dropped the soap a few times.

11- Manager most likely to be a hit with the ladies?

You, Ray. Liverpool fan, simple as. The ladies do love a tracksuit.

12- Manager least likely to be a hit with the ladies?

Ashtini. Anyone that lives on Dixey Normus Avenue clearly has to change his pants when coming within 10 feet of a lady.

13- Manager most susceptible to mind games?

Gozzy – I don’t buy the Indonesian maths genius cover story. I would have gone for MarkM after he handed a bag load of notes to Sir Sean, but to do so would be to suggest there is a brain there to be manipulated.

14- Manager most short of brain matter?

See above. This Question should be renamed The MarkM Award for Services to Italy.

15- Who both nation and manager will finish last?

Sir Mark Hughes and Sevilla. I hadn’t mentioned him yet, he could have appeared after any question to be fair, everyone likes to squeeze a bit of SMH in don’t they.

16- Where will you finish?

By the curtains, it makes clean up simple.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: The 4 Nation Challenge v.2 Noisy this morning: Logs into SM Hmm, what?... Stephan EL SHAARAWY has moved to Hannover 96 (Mark M.) from AC Milan (Sir Sean) on a deal believed to be around

Re: The 4 Nation Challenge v.2 Thought id do a quick breakdown the transfer balances and profit made from the rise in value of the purchases. Newcastle 50m Spent - 54.4m Current Value Southampton

Re: The 4 Nation Challenge v.2 Just for you Smut

In the next round of my exclusive interviews I caught a word with the Italian Capitano the Doctor himself, (whether he qualifies as the Good Doctor is debateable) and he gave his thoughts on his ambitions for the season and gave a quite startling revolation about a fellow manager who must have some avoided his background being explored by his employers before nabbing his job in a slightly weird place called Southampton...

Something about indecent behaviour and a Goat......

1- Happy with your signings? Why were they bought

More than happy. Got Neuer, Chiellini, Ronaldo all at CV, as well as signing some highly promising youngsters like Grealish, Ibe and Odegaard.

getting the big 3 at CV was a no brainer - can't believe no-one challenged me for any.

2- Other than yourself how do you think has done best in the transfer market?

Kupest - he seems to have flown under most peoples radars nabbing Messi, Mascherano, De Rossi, Zabaleta and Zaza amongst others

3- your ambitions/expectations for the new season

I want Italy to be challenging to be champions, and hope to personally finish at the top end of the table. And I expect the same

4- what other nation do you fear the most and why?

Spain - because Preppens always seems to get the better of me, the jammy sod

5- Which opposition Nation will come last and why?

this isn't as easy as it sounds, as the scoring system doesn't punish the crap sides, so 1 decent manager can make a nation. but I'm gonna say Germany - with England not far ahead. I just don't think Germany have that stand out manager to grab the key points for them

6- Best manager in your nation?

Smut

7- worst manager in your nation?

Me

8- Best opposition manager?

Been impressed by what I've seen of Wolfy, but will give Preppens the nod here.

9- Worst opposition manager?

Dreamers maybe, there's a few I don't know who seem equally crap. Sure we'll find out soon enough

10- Manager most likely to have a criminal record?

Is it cheating if I know for a fact that someone has. A certain Mr Moses(who's real name is Stephen by the way), hit the press 12 years back after his run in with the law

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/commuters-saw-man-have-sex-with-goat-6329803.html

11- Manager most likely to be a hit with the ladies?

be a hit WITH the ladies - Wolfy, with a name like Sean he can't fail

be hit BY the ladies - Dan

12- Manager least likely to be a hit with the ladies?

The whole of team Germany, horrible little bunch they are.

13- Manager most susceptible to mind games?

to be honest I don't know enough about a lot of the plebs in this set up to be able to answer

14- Manager most short of brain matter?

Gotta agree with Ed here - MarkM

15- Who both nation and manager will finish last?

Germany and Southampton

16- Where will you finish?

5th

It has been pretty quiet on the Sevilla front, I made bids but then went out on a drinking spree.

We managed to land Vidal & Neymar as the marquee signings with Nasri, Sterling, Mangala & Ter Stegen coming in.

Durm, Januzaj, Talisca & Chambers are some of the youngsters, plenty of work still to be done though.

Read the interviews, first of all nice one Ray, it's a cool and fun idea.

Also thanks for the kind words from the ones falling victim to Ray. Unless ofcourse it's just a strategy to set me up to a harder fall.. cuz I thought everyone knew by now that I couldn't manage the teams I build to success even if my life depended on it..

Oh and Ed. I bet this was said before my signing of overpriced Carvajal got official. :P But I have a feeling he will rise quickly at Real Madrid whether he deserves it or not..

And you were spot on regarding Lloris, most top quality keepers had been picked up already, so put in a great first bid in on Lloris as I genuinly thought he'd be the priority signing for many managers. Alas he wasn't.. but having already sold Alves after his awful performance in the first round I couldn't really go back on the bid..

Now, having signed Lloris and previously Varane I knew I had to be very careful signing more french players as it always comes with a risk of infecting the team with a defeatist attitude.

However Kurzawa at 6M was something I just couldn't walk away from.

He'll be my first choice LB during the first season, but after that I think it's an open race between him and Gaya.

All players that signed for Valencia and their prices are:

Marco Reus (31.5)

Diego Costa (22.5)

Hugo Lloris (18.6)

Daniel Carvajal (16.2)

Raphael Varane (14.6)

Javi Martinez (11.8)

Layvin Kurzawa (6.0)

Julian Brandt (3.1)

Gianluca Gaudino (0.651)

Robert Muric (0.635)

There will be a couple more in the next few days, but I don't have the budget to sign anyone massive.

Also If you are interested, I had done some proper youtube-scouting on Hugo, and since the paperwork is all done I feel comfortable showing why my choice finally landed on the frenchman.

His unbelievable performance starts at 0:22.

?v=8F9jXYOH2c0

Udinese have signed David Luiz and Alexis Sanchez.

We also expect to see David Alaba arrive soon' date=' although a german club saw fit to bid higher, it is rumoured that they were lying about their financial situation.[/quote']

Nice signings mate! Not sure if you are onto plan C or D at this point, but it looks like you've finally delivered :P

Nice signings mate! Not sure if you are onto plan C or D at this point' date=' but it looks like you've finally delivered :P[/quote']

thanks,

it is plan G today and plan H will only kick into action once external bids have come in.

I think i'll take the weekend off, all this excitement has been too much for me plus it might allow Ed to make another decent signing from the bargain bucket.

thanks' date='

it is plan G today and plan H will only kick into action once external bids have come in.

I think i'll take the weekend off, all this excitement has been too much for me plus it might allow Ed to make another decent signing from the bargain bucket.[/quote']

It is true that every other nation cannot compete with Italy financially Smut as you say - personally I'm glad that someone has finally broken ranks and actually admitted this - but stop going on about it or Sean will take his ball and go home....again. :rolleyes::D

It is true that every other nation cannot compete with Italy financially Smut as you say - personally I'm glad that someone has finally broken ranks and actually admitted this - but stop going on about it or Sean will take his ball and go home....again. :rolleyes::D

I cant see where I have admitted that, I will admit we have sold off the right players at the right price and used that money wisely (like the Alaba situation where I managed to put in a bid 3.3m lower this morning and pick him up for under 25M).

We have made a point of making big signings instead of going for youngsters that will rise to 89 in 2017 or giving the first team a lot of unnecessary depth.

I didn't fall for all those figures you came out with, you cant go allowing for the countries GDP forecasts, inflation, unemployment, foreign exchange rates and the price of linguine, just to make it look like we have some kind of advantage over anyone else.

wot it all comes down to, I suppose, is we are just better than everyone else;)

.......wot it all comes down to' date=' I suppose, is we are just better than everyone else[/b'] (throws half smoked Nazionali cigarette to the floor, takes final sip of espresso, shakes floppy hair out of eyes, kick starts moped and rides off)

In other news, I will certainly nod slowly in appreciation over the spine that Sean has built :-

16053.jpg

|

|

2370.jpg

|

|

19.jpg

|

|

1131.jpg

Average Rating 95.5 - Average Age 28 - Cost £117m

Don't think there are many that wouldn't love that, good work Sean.

That said - I assume every nation will be playing leg breaking tactics against Milan?

There's gonna be more cards than at an evening session of Poker Stars.

Pretty much. I'm afraid Sean will be the target of every other nation now.

given that a fair share of goals come from free kicks and penalties' date=' given that Sean has some of the best players to take the free kicks and penalties, it could benefit Sean if opposition tactics are set to anything but 'timid'.

Anyway, Sean doesn't have Messi, he kindly let him go to whoever had the next bid, luckily Everton withdrew or else they would have had him, still if you don't leave your bid in, you cant win the bid.

yes, Messi actually told Sean to f@ck off and he really would have gone to the English had they left their bid in, it isn't all about who has the money!

given that a fair share of goals come from free kicks and penalties' date=' given that Sean has some of the best players to take the free kicks and penalties, it could benefit Sean if opposition tactics are set to anything but 'timid'.

Anyway, Sean doesn't have Messi, he kindly let him go to whoever had the next bid, luckily Everton withdrew or else they would have had him, still if you don't leave your bid in, you cant win the bid.

yes, Messi actually told Sean to f@ck off and he really would have gone to the English had they left their bid in, it isn't all about who has the money!

tut tut, top players egos!

Ronaldo- egos to the Italians.

Neuer- egos to the Italians.

Fabregas- egos to the Italians.

Iniesta- egos to the Italians.

Lahm- egos to the Italians.

Busquets- egos to the Italians.

Messi- egos to the Italians.

Robben- egos to the Italians.

Alaba- egos to the Italians.

Chiellini- egos to the Italians.

Cavani- egos to the Italians.

Ozil- egos to the Italians.

Tevez- egos to the Italians.

Mascherano- egos to the Italians.

De Rossi- egos to the Italians.

Pogba- egos to the Italians.

This page has become rather repititive the last few days all the Italians and there big egos.

interestingly enough, in the 48 hours prior to you posting this Italy are the only nation represented on forum by all 4 managers, at a combined 26 post's.

However Italy were referenced in some way shape or form 21 times(that's ignoring Ash's transfer summaries). Including a whopping 14 times by goat boy(more than any one Italian forumer has posted)

and then you and knickers go and post about us, which means we have been mentioned by other managers on 23 post's in 48 hours

interestingly enough' date=' in the 48 hours prior to you posting this Italy are the only nation represented on forum by all 4 managers, at a combined 26 post's.

However Italy were referenced in some way shape or form 21 times(that's ignoring Ash's transfer summaries). Including a whopping 14 times by goat boy(more than any one Italian forumer has posted)

and then you and knickers go and post about us, which means we have been mentioned by other managers on 23 post's in 48 hours[/quote']

Right now #mancutsoffownp3nis, #gemmawalksoutofimacelebrity and #lifevirgins are all trending on twitter.

so being talked about must mean these are the best things since sliced bread then. :rolleyes:

Personally, I'm loving the Italian goading. they're the favourites so they are there to be bashed in my eyes! That's the benefit of being an underdog, the rest of us can aim are punches up!

I do hope your mob are able to cope with it Sean, seem to be a little upset about it.

Italian is an anagram of

"I A Stalin" and "I Anal It"

So either a communist leader (apt) or how your team respond to your orders (also apt)

Spanish is an anagram of

"ssh, Pain" or "Hi! Snaps"

So either quietly suffering (apt) or courteous and weak (also apt)

German is an anagram of

M......Anger:mad: or Rag Men

So a long consideration before getting mad (apt) or, basically, theyre pikies(also apt)

Us?

England and Wales (we have Swansea you see)

is an anagram of

Wand, Angels 'nd Ale

We're well hung, we're guardians and we enjoy a beer.

Clearly the most apt anagram of them all.