The 4 Nation Challenge v.2

Re: The 4 Nation Challenge v.2

been away for a few days and ended up getting back today' date=' I see our 5th Italian manager has departed and Venk is now in, welcome Venk.

Venk, feel free to browse the Italian clubs and put in a decent bid or two.

I havnt read all the previous pages so i'll presume Noisy didn't get over the Milan transfer and found out Mark's address and then .............:eek:

Anyway back to footballing matters, the Italians are still awaiting their captains orders to start winning, not sure how much of a headstart we are going to give the other nations.[/quote']

Don't mock me or my team. If you do I will find you and give you 3 points :P

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: The 4 Nation Challenge v.2 Noisy this morning: Logs into SM Hmm, what?... Stephan EL SHAARAWY has moved to Hannover 96 (Mark M.) from AC Milan (Sir Sean) on a deal believed to be around

Re: The 4 Nation Challenge v.2 Thought id do a quick breakdown the transfer balances and profit made from the rise in value of the purchases. Newcastle 50m Spent - 54.4m Current Value Southampton

Re: The 4 Nation Challenge v.2 Just for you Smut

hannover-96-logo.png?w=150&h=150.JPEG

Brazilian gunpowder for German Cannon

Oscar becomes first Venk Signing

oscar-2186264.jpg

A nation rejoiced as Venk struck gold in his first signing. Emboaba Oscar completed his proposed move from Chelsea to Hannover this morning. The Brazilian becomes the first signing of the Venk revolution. Oscar has switched clubs for a fee reported around 25 million. The young attacking midfielder is expected train ahead of the game of Lazio. Oscar will be a important addition to the Hannover team who lack firepower in their squad.

Talking to a exclusive interview with Bild Plus, Venk had this to say about the arrival

I am more surprised than happy that Oscar went unnoticed by the league so-called top managers from other countries. I am really happy the way the deal has smoothly worked out and how my fellow German camp managers Alex' date=' Stephen and Niki put a word to Oscar regarding our project which I believe was the key to the Brazilian's arrival. He's a fantastic signing and works very hard. I would looking towards him for the goals this season. I am focused to on upsetting Lazio in the game ahead.[/center']

Fixtures Turn 4

Athletic Club - Udinese Calcio

Sevilla - Valencia

Real Sociedad - Newcastle United

Borussia Monchengladbach - Southampton

AC Milan - Everton

SS Lazio vs Hannover 96

ACF Fiorentina - Swansea City

VFL Wolfsburg - TSG 1899 Hoffenheim

2 same nation games, Spain and Germany. Italy have 3 home games, as do Spain albeit one of them is a same nation game. All 4 England teams are away from home.

UDINESE are off to Athletic tonight hoping that finally having a first team keeper in goal will help kickstart their poor start to the season.

Cabral Rafael joined us from Napoli as did two promising youngsters Serge Aurier and Geoffrey Kondogbia.

As a couple of our original squad still had a decent value, we decided to sell them, which means a couple more first team players are still to be signed.

Lazio test for Venk

Match Preview

1h96_nikci_laeuft_920.jpg

Venk will take the Hannover technical box for the first time as the German team travel to Rome to face SS Lazio. Hannover will be expecting to be tested till the last minute as Lazio has turned out as one of the major gaints in the guidance of Kartavya Patel. The arrival of Oscar has indeed bosted the team morale in the Hannover camp as they look to upset the Italians to give valuable points for the Germans.

Lazio lead by will look to bury Venk's team early with Robben and Tevez t partner Messi in a star studded attacking lineup. Meanwhile Hannover are yet to get their team right with the squad in all fairness lacking depth to compete against the division's best teams.

Team News

Lazio team will have no injury or suspension problems going into the game on Thursday night with the team putting in a double training schedule on Wednesday. Lazio will be hoping to better their lackluster performance against Everton in which they managed to sneak in a win with a winner coming late in the game.

article-2206697-152115C0000005DC-69_634x430.jpg

However things are not so simple for Venk as Hannover's main striker Jackson Martinez has been ruled out till first week of December. Venk also faces a fitness concern for Oscar who completed his move from Chelsea, and is yet to train with his new squad. Venk also faces a right back dilemma as the team has no recognized Right back in their ranks.

i-h96-testspiel-lazio-stindl.variant628x353.jpg

Press Release

Venk has this evening answered the Press ahead of the game

Oscar will most likely be not fit enough to play the game as he is down with viral and pretty jaded by travelling. I am pretty excited for my first game incharge but in all fairness I have prepared myself mentally to accept a first match defeat. When you look at Lazio squad you can not lie saying that our teams are balanced. Boys have responded well and we will looking to put everything into the game for our nation and gratefully accept the result knowing we tried our best. I wish Kartavya all the best for the game.

Matthew Webb (matt72 Forums) steered Newcastle United to victory against Real Sociedad.

Newcastle United beat Real Sociedad 2 - 1 in their Division 1 fixture.

Herrera and Rémy were amongst the goalscorers.

Managed to turn over Real Sociewho despite having to field some lower rated players like Lascelles, Colback and Meyer, but then it was only Raymondo so a win was expected.

Managed to turn over Real Sociewho despite having to field some lower rated players like Lascelles' date=' Colback and Meyer, but then it was only Raymondo so a win was expected.[/font']

Guess you had to win one sometime, law of averages said you had to win one eventually...

Even a fool gets lucky ever now and then ;)

Sorry had a day off yesterday and the graph is at work :).

So Germany were the performance of the week' date=' pegging back England considerably with 3 wins and a draw.

[center']4nrd_zps890feefc.jpg[/center]

Spain have had a same nation game every week so far and do this week too with next week being our first complete match up vs other nations.

would be nice to have the points total on there as well Ash

-

Milan pick up a much needed win over Everton. Ronaldo and Thiago with the goals, and surprise pick, 85 rated Saponara with the key assist

Ed Moses was unable to prevent a Southampton defeat to Monchengladbach.

Southampton slumped to a 3 - 2 defeat to Monchengladbach in their Division 1 fixture.

Tadic and Henderson were amongst the goalscorers.

I narrowly lost the stats, so I narrowly lost the game - no complaints here and well played Alex.

4 Home games at the weekend for team England, and still no head to heads - fixtures have been kind so far.

Newcastle for me tonight' date=' Valencia & Sociedad take on Handbags(Southampton) & Gladrags(Gladbach), with Athletic visiting top of table Wolfsburg.

[/quote']

I'm playing Udinese though :P

Could really use a win tonight, lost last 3 games (although it was 2 spanish encounters and a SMFA cup game that my assistant managed).

Diego Costa has been a disapointment so far, 4 games played 0 goals, 0 assists. :( But hopefully he'll score a couple tonight.

I'm playing Udinese though :P

Could really use a win tonight' date=' lost last 3 games (although it was 2 spanish encounters and a SMFA cup game that my assistant managed).

Diego Costa has been a disapointment so far, 4 games played 0 goals, 0 assists. :( But hopefully he'll score a couple tonight.[/quote']

Haha the opposition is irrelevant anyways, lets get some decent points on the board.

And just threaten Diego that his next Columbian shipment won't be allowed through unless he scores goals!

Sociedad battle back to earn draw at the Saints.

Southampton 2 Sociedad 2

a battling display from Sociedad saw them come back from 2-0 down to earn a point with a solid show of charachter and pressure finally getting us the least that we deserved.

Southampton lined up at home with a clear "park the bus" policy employing a six man midfield and despite this they got a two goal lead despite Sociedad dominating the score centre report, Valdes was in inspired form in the Southampton goal.

We battled back well though and despite being kicked off the park by the cloggers from Southampton who managed to injure both Pedro and Bruno Martins Indi we managed to get the point that was the very least we deserved on the balance of play.

Dissapointed not to get the win but after sixty minutes a point would have been snapped up so can't be to dissapointed. An excellent night for Team Spain though with two wins and two draws so we might finally start to get a move on in the table and close the gap on the others.

A totally unwanted cup game against Valencia next up, not even sure I can field a second XI without risking first teamers, difficult balancing act as I just wanna avoid injuries more than anything else.

Matthew Webb (matt72 Forums) earned a draw with Newcastle United against Sevilla.

The match ended 2 - 2 between Newcastle United and Sevilla in their Division 1 fixture.

Herrera and Lewandowski were amongst the goalscorers.

Very little possession but far more shots, I would be disappointed if I were the one who dominated possession and never won the game which has happened to me a few times tonight.

AWD Arena roars with joy

Hannover 2 - 0 AC Milan

Hannover registered their first win of the season with 2-0 win over AC Milan which continues their unbeaten run against Non-German opposition. Hannover rallied till the end to beat a Milan side which boasted the likes of Neur, Ronaldo and Fabregas.

369689_heroa.jpg

Venk fielded a make shift starting 11 with the likes of Oscar, El Shaarway, Khedira and Godin on the bench with new signings of Kalas and Can making it to the eleven and there was also surprise starts for Zaha, Origi and Sandro Ramirez. Milan started to peg back Hannover but the German side stood firm and displayed a brilliant display of defensive play.

_71783064_020372491-1.jpg

Hannover players rallied Venk's instruction perfectly and were rewarded in the 12th as Kalas dispossed Ronaldo and sent a long ball in for Origi who won the race between him and ball and sent a sweet ball in the box. Volland was on the other side of the cross and drilled a bullet header past Neuer. Milan continued to push for a goal but were met with brilliant Zeiler in the Hannover goal who produced a string of brilliant saves to keep Milan at bay. The match was put away from Sean's reach as Origi connected brilliantly to Volland's free kick to give Hannover a two goal cushion. Milan continued to push but found a determined Zieler in their way as the shot-stopper held on to his clean sheet and the Man of the Match award.

464207_heroa.jpg

Venk addressed the post match conference

I am really happy with the boys and I won't take away any credit from my boys. The match felt like a derby because of some confusion regarding the El Shaarway deal but the boys responded perfectly. You can not say that we won because of Zieler' date=' he was brilliant no doubt but the whole team played as one unit. Both the goalkeepers were at their best but it was our attackers who were more hungry for a win. Defense worked as on perfect Unit disabling Fabregas and Ronaldo throughout the 90 minute. We got a result for the way we played and I have to start my home debut with a win as a tribute to the wonderful fans who welcomed me but we will be modest and look towards the cup game.[/color']

Hannover would welcome Matt's Newcastle to Germany tomorrow in the Cup Fixture.

Ed Moses earned a draw with Southampton against Real Sociedad.

The match ended 2 - 2 between Southampton and Real Sociedad in their Division 1 fixture.

Tadic and Bender were amongst the goalscorers.

Tight game that, with real taking the possession however a point ended up a decent result. Well played Ray.

Overall a bit of a meh performance form England allows the Spanish to close the gap.

Newcastle United 2 - 2 Sevilla

Southampton 2 - 2 Real Sociedad

Everton 0 - 2 Monchengladbach

Swansea City 2 - 1 SS Lazio

We may have only been beaten in one game but we really should be maximising the returns at home. Well played Sean on the win against Lazio mate.

Cheers Ed, yea a much needed win for Team England and 2 wins in a row against Team Italy for us :P

Sean McEvoy (wolfy102 Forum) steered Swansea City to victory against SS Lazio.

Swansea City beat SS Lazio 2 - 1 in their Division 1 fixture.

Gomis scored both of the goals for Swansea City and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance

After a slow first half and going down by 1 goal, Swansea came out after the break with all guns blazing. A big performance for Gomis with the two goals, which now gives him 4 goals from 4 games. Also big performances from Bale (two assists) and Bravo.