The 4 Nation Challenge v.2

ashtini

Re: The 4 Nation Challenge v.2

Carry on doing what your doing as far as I am concerned Eddy lad....nothing wrong with a bit of "Bantz" as Jay and Neil might say

Some people protest to much me thinks' date='

Cant believe how childish and sensitive some folk are in this game world, [b']probably the type who ran to Mammy if there brother or sister took a Jelly Baby from there pick N mix....[/b]

Hahaha that just cracked me up Ray, nearly spat my tea all over my desk :D

Anyone want to create this to run alongside v.2?

8 teams' date=' 28 game season, 2 managers from each country?[/quote']

If the interest is there I am more than happy to create a set up. I do have one in the pipeline and I am in discussions with a couple of lads about. I would have to have a major cull with 3 of my own set up ready to be sacrificed as well as one other.

As long as it was just the tea then that should be fine......;):P

I didnt really imagine you as a Tea drinker TBH Noisy' date=' im suitably impressed[/quote']

He is a cockney I hardly doubt it will be Earl Grey or Da Yu Ling more along the lines ot tesco market value.

A. I don't have a cat

B. The only "reaction" I've posted is to call out your insinuation and that we disagree. You cant have innocently thought that listing one of my transfers and comparing how you more wisely spent the same sum would some how slide without me commenting can you?

C. Thought it was me over reacting?

D. Your effectively having an emotional moment with yourself here Sean' date=' which whilst amusing, it can't be good for your ticker old bean.[/quote']

A. - well if you don't have a cat, how about a dog, bunny rabbit or gerbil. basically anything with fur, although i would prefer a pussycat:p

B - yes I did think that listing one of your transfers for comparision may have been taken in the same light as your comparison table of high rated players. silly me;)

C - Yes i thought it was you over reacting:cool:

D - I've plastered my reply with smiley faces so you know I'm not having an 'emotional moment' - as it seems to be the only way people can tell these day's. :P:o:(:):D:mad::eek::confused::rolleyes:

Carry on doing what your doing as far as I am concerned Eddy lad....nothing wrong with a bit of "Bantz" as Jay and Neil might say

Some people protest to much me thinks' date='

Cant believe how childish and sensitive some folk are in this game world, probably the type who ran to Mammy if there brother or sister took a Jelly Baby from there pick N mix....[/quote']

how bleedin posh were you as a kid - mammy (the only mammy I knew was the one al johnson sang about), and Jelly babies in your pick N Mix - all we got was penny chews, foam fruits and cola bottles;)

Anyone want to create this to run alongside v.2?

8 teams' date=' 28 game season, 2 managers from each country?[/quote']

If the interest is there I am more than happy to create a set up. I do have one in the pipeline and I am I discussions with a couple of lafs about. I would have to have a major cull with 3 of my own set up ready to be sacrificed as well as one other.
I'm all ears matey

I've just got my old in game account back and it has some empty game slots ready to roll if anyone wants this making

old-lady-fights.jpg

Now now me old dears take a deep breath and put your walking sticks down. When used in an aggressive manner you can be prosecuted for carrying an offensive weapon.

I don't need a walking stick to be charged with carrying an offensive weapon;)(rumour has it my face will do - got it in before anyone else said it)

BUSQUETS 90m and ALABA 70m up for sale, cash only.

i suppose it is only the Italians that can afford it though, mmmm, ASH can you set up some kind of fund so that the other nations can apply for a grant.

Make you sure that the application form contains a place for the doctors note, the one that says that the tear ducts are all dried out.

On a seperate note, another boatload of immigrants has landed in Italy so we will have another 3m to go with our season ticket sales.

We made an extra 1m because the immigrants paid more as they were originally taken to Newcastle but they refused to get off the boat.

I wouldn't be interested' date=' unless we did a really tough tiny team restricted one.[/quote']

Chinese or Japanese secret agents with any other player bought from outside of these countries to be under 5' 2" and must have the ability to kill with his bare hands?

Season 1 Awards

dy8nX_zpshywors3x.gif

Players Section

1 -Best pound for pound signing?

Nominees

Didier Drogba (Southampton)

Mario Mandzukic (TSG 1899 Hoffenheim)

Enzo Perez (AC Milan)

Karim Benzema (Real Sociedad)

The Winner

Enzo Perez (AC Milan)

Picked up as a 90 rated free agent for just £7.8mil, and rose to 91 just a day later. Milan showed that they were probably the luckiest team of the season by being fortunate enough to be the only team to spot him available.

2 -Most important signing?

Nominees

Gareth Bale (Swansea)

Jerome Boateng (TSG 1899 Hoffenheim)

Cristiano Ronaldo (AC Milan)

Sergio Aguero (Athletic Club)

The Winners

Cristiano Ronaldo (AC Milan) and Gareth Bale (Swansea)

The former Real Madrid duo shared the honours in this one.

Ronaldo’s arrival at Milan was a big money move, but showed from day one that team Italy where going for the big guns. He arrived for CV following the mysterious withdrawal of higher rival bids, and proved pivotal in Milan’s shield success and title challenge.

However Swansea ability to persuade one of the biggest names in world football back to Wales was a shock to all. And whilst most expected to rest on his laurels earning big money, Bale was directly involved in 35 goals for the Welsh side this season. A phenomenal return for their cash.

tumblr_m2v9wzxh641r47vpo_zpsvgqdpfu8.gif

3 -Worst Player of the Year?

Nominees

Leonardo Bonucci (Newcastle)

Stephan El Shaarawy (Hannover 96)

Lionel Messi (Lazio)

Diego Costa (Valencia)

The Winner

Diego Costa(Valencia)

£22.5mil transfer fee – 1 league goal all season. Nothing else needs to be said really about the ineffective Spaniard. Although many believe poor management at the club may be the real cause of Costa’s misfortune

4 -Biggest Transfer disaster?

The nominees

Leonardo Bonucci (Newcastle)

Pablo Insua (Lazio)

Diego Costa (Valencia)

The Winner

Ok lets be honest, this one was never in doubt. Day one of the transfer window and Hannover bid over CV to a rival nation for a generic player. Thus leaving Milan with £15 million more than everyone else to spend from the off. Team Germany never recovered from this humiliation, and shortly afterwards Hannover’s manager quit due to the embarrassment. But with El Shaarawy now sold to Napoli at a loss, can Hannover use this opportunity to recover.

5 -Player of the year?

Nominees

Robert Lewandowski (Newcastle)

Mario Mandzukic (TSG 1899 Hoffenheim)

Arjen Robben (Lazio)

Karim Benzema (Real Sociedad)

The Winner

Robert Lewandowski (Newcastle)

A phenominal season saw Newcastle’s hitman score 17 league goals in 24 games – the highest goals per game ratio out of the top scoring players in the league. He also pulled an impressive 7.71 average match rating.

tumblr_m0tvefaxcA1r8de33o1_500_zpsdzarzsww.gif

Season 1 Awards

op5q3qg639_zpsuxp8ndc9.gif

Team/manager Section

1 - Most important win of the season?

Nominees

England - None in particular

Germany - TSG 1899 Hoffenheim at AC Milan

Italy - Shield Final

Spain - 12-0 Athletic win over Everton

The Winner

12-0 Athletic win over Everton

Whilst the game that won Hoffenheim the title (because any other result would have eventually seen Milan crowned champions) may have been a big game in the league, Athletic’s outstanding win, gifted to them following a clerical error @ Goodison Park, was enough to ensure Spain didn’t finish bottom of the overall scores, an honour that instead fell to the English.

2 -Underperformers of the season?

Nominees

England - Newcastle

Germany - Wolfsburg

Italy - Fiorentina

Spain - Athletic Club

The Winners

Newcastle United and Athletic Club

Athletic club taking this award was never in doubt after their horrendous league performance, however some may be surprised at the award being shared with Newcastle, who weren’t even the lowest placed English team.

3 -Manager of the Year?

Nominees

Dreamers (Everton)

Nikidinho (TSG 1899 Hoffenheim)

Sean (AC Milan)

Dan (Sevilla)

The Winner

Nikidinho (TSG 1899 Hoffenheim)

A tremendous second half of the season saw the unlikely title winners walk away with the trophy with a league game to spare. Pressure will now be on for a repeat performance next year

1366997565_guy_gets_punched_by_chair_zps1sk2zi4r.gif

4 -Why the hell did I choose you for my team?

The nominees

Wolfy (Swansea)

Venk (Hannover 96)

Gozzy (Fiorentina)

Pat (Valencia)

The Winner

Venk (Hannover 96)

The fact there is so little to write about this shows how little Venk did for the team. Jog on Venk – time for Team Germany to get some new blood (AGAIN)

5 -Your teams crap, how the hell did you achieve so much?

Nominees

Everton (England)

Monchengladbach (Germany)

Udinese (Italy)

Athletic club (Spain)

The Winner

Monchengladbach (Germany)

Saddled with a crap team, and even worse manager, the German side spent a large portion of the first half of the season topping the table, and were title challengers for a long time. Finished the season in 6th, but even that was seen as an over-achievement by his teammates.

6 - Biggest transfer disaster?

Nominees

England (Swansea)

Germany (Hannover 96)

Italy (Udinese)

Spain (Athletic club)

The Winner

Hannover 96 (Germany)

‘Stephan El Shaarawy’ – after that little needs saying about Hannover’s transfer moves.

tumblr_mhlg29UPMA1rfp0s4o1_400_zpsguvxsnyz.gif

Season 1 Awards

You-Learned-All-Dance-Moves-Im-Slave-4-U_zps5mnpcfqn.gif

Forum Section

1 - MWho threw their toys furthest from the pram?

Nominees

England - Ed Moses

Germany - MarkM

Italy – drseanfitz

Spain - Ray1981

The Winners

MarkM and Ray1981

After quitting the set-up following a row with a team mate, this award should have been MarkM’s outright, however Ray appeared out of nowhere towards the end of the season, bemoaning such things as money, tactics, formations and even the definition of ‘2 points dropped’, and suddenly Mark had competition, Ed had company, and Sean had somebody else to disagree with

2 -Forgot you were here Award

Nominees

England - Wolfy102 (22 posts)

Germany - Venk.11 (9 posts)

Italy – Gozzy (18 posts)

Spain - Preppens (46 posts)

The Winner

Venk.11

Did anyone even know he was in the set-up??

3 -OMG, give somebody else a chance to post something Award

Nominees

England –Ed Moses (176 posts)

Germany - Likeaboas (66 posts)

Italy – drseanfitz (171 posts)

Spain – Ashtini (123 posts)

The Winner

Ed Moses

Team England’s very own motor mouth came out on top of both the vote and the post count.

Barely a day goes by without young Ed posting about how successful his Southampton team have been this season, and how perfect every little detail of the set-up has been since day one. And if you are very lucky, you may even be able to catch him in a rare exchange of opinions with sean.

anigif_optimized-16426-1421416103-17_zpsdxenpijd.gif

Good job on the awards there Sean and the “bosses”.

Thought I would tally the awards up (Cos I’m a statto):-

Player of the Year: Robert Lewandowski (Newcastle)

Biggest Transfer Disaster: Stephan El Shaarawy (Hannover 96)

Worst Player of the Year: Diego Costa(Valencia)

Most Important Signing: Cristiano Ronaldo (AC Milan) and Gareth Bale (Swansea)

Best pound for pound signing: Enzo Perez (AC Milan)

Biggest Transfer Disaster: Hannover 96 (Germany)

Your teams crap, how the hell did you achieve so much: Monchengladbach (Germany)

Why the hell did I choose you for my team : Venk at Hannover 96 (Germany)

Manager of the Year: Nikidinho (TSG 1899 Hoffenheim)

Underperformers of the season: Newcastle United and Athletic Club

Most important win of the season: 12-0 Athletic win over Everton

OMG, give somebody else a chance to post something Award; EdMoses (Southampton)

Forgot you were here Award: Venk (Hanover 96)

Who threw their toys furthest from the pram: MarkM (Germany) and Ray1981 (Spain)

…………………………………………..Awards

…………………You Want to Win…………You Want to Avoid

Italy…………………….2…………………………………...0

Spain…………………..1…………………………………...3

Germany……………..2…………………………………...5

England……………….1…………………………………...3

So the English didn’t even win the Award You Want To Avoid League. Nice to see the Italians do well again tho :rolleyes: