Every Person's Dream

PJ.

Re: Every Person's Dream

this is the thing I am willing to discuss rules at stipulations with you all now so we can build a setup we are all happy with.

letting everyone sign 2 players for CV will be a help in what ever we decide to make.

May I suggest 3 rules for 3 trophies (League/Cup/Shield):

• First to win 3 trophies in the same season wins the game OR

• First to win same trophy 3 times wins the game OR

• First to win a trophy in 3 consecutive seasons wins the game.

RULES:

1) 36 teams = 12 x 3 Divisions. We all start in Div. 3 (all teams of similar level);

2) Squad cap of 25 players + 5 youth team players (max);

3) Budget limit 150 Million;

Simples!

RULES:

1) 36 teams = 12 x 3 Divisions. We all start in Div. 3 (all teams of similar level);

Simples!

Woah being the winner is kinda hard. I think the 2nd option should be changed to 5 times (reference to real life CL)

The other 24 teams will be manager-less?

RULES:

Simples!

no chance of 36 teams mate, sorry but we struggled with 16.

smaller setups are the way to go forward as big setups leave holes and the more holes left the more people get dis-interested with it all.

I'm not a fan of the whole winning the game thing as each club should be competitive until the end when the world eventually dies out.

so say winning the top division at least 5 times should be the goal as it will be hard for someone to achieve.

Nah rules that state you "win" the game are not my cup of tea, I won the first 3 titles in ED before being relegated in the 4th season and having a totally different challenge on my hands. Other clubs have worked there way up the leagues and are doing well who wouldn't have had the chance to do so if the game ended after 3 seasons.

The enjoyment lasts longer if the people playing it don't quit when the going gets tough, having rules or not makes no difference to the actual enjoyment of the game so I see no reason to have it in there, just play until the gameworld filters out.

Nah rules that state you "win" the game are not my cup of tea' date=' I won the first 3 titles in ED before being relegated in the 4th season and having a totally different challenge on my hands. Other clubs have worked there way up the leagues and are doing well who wouldn't have had the chance to do so if the game ended after 3 seasons.

The enjoyment lasts longer if the people playing it don't quit when the going gets tough, having rules or not makes no difference to the actual enjoyment of the game so I see no reason to have it in there, just play until the gameworld filters out.[/quote']

I do agree with this. I think it should be a set-up that keeps on going.

Woah being the winner is kinda hard. I think the 2nd option should be changed to 5 times (reference to real life CL)

Yep' date=' that's the idea. But if you want to make it 2 out of 3 to "ease up" than that's fine as well.

The other 24 teams will be manager-less?

Yep, always. And no buying from Unmanaged teams.

no chance of 36 teams mate' date=' sorry but we struggled with 16.

smaller setups are the way to go forward as big setups leave holes and the more holes left the more people get dis-interested with it all.[/quote']

You misunderstood me. The idea was having 12 human players in a 36 teams GW. other 24 would be AI teams not available to manage ever.

I'm not a fan of the whole winning the game thing as each club should be competitive until the end when the world eventually dies out.

so say winning the top division at least 5 times should be the goal as it will be hard for someone to achieve.

Fair enough. But on the other hand trying to prevent someone to achieve 3 trophies in a season or 3 consecutive league titles should make the game more interesting IMO.

Nah rules that state you "win" the game are not my cup of tea' date=' I won the first 3 titles in ED before being relegated in the 4th season and having a totally different challenge on my hands. Other clubs have worked there way up the leagues and are doing well who wouldn't have had the chance to do so if the game ended after 3 seasons.

The enjoyment lasts longer if the people playing it don't quit when the going gets tough, having rules or not makes no difference to the actual enjoyment of the game so I see no reason to have it in there, just play until the gameworld filters out.[/quote']

Sorry I don't know the meaning of Nah or ED, but I get your point.

The way I see it, in a balanced setup it would already be very hard for one single team to either win 3 consecutive league titles or 3 trophies in the same season, let alone with other players trying their hardest to prevent this from happening and taking into account budget and squad restrictions.

However it is useful to have those markers, to know what will trigger the end game rather than just let it peter out when people start abandoning teams.

In the successful custom setups I play/played the best ones were always the ones where you knew from the start the winning conditions and end game triggers.

Hence I also agree with Noisy's suggestion of 5 top division wins to mark the end/winner.

Team Choice : ANYONE

No. Of Clubs : 14/16

Squads : EMPTY

Squad Cap : 40

Budget : 250M

Player Cap : Can't spend more then 40m on one player (Season 1 only)

Perks : Buy your two players uncontested

How do people feel on the above... setting a player cap for season 1 will see hopefully everyone put together a decent side without blowing all the money on one player.

Messi is 44m but as someone will choose Barcelona he will be a free agent and is someone's pick so we will have no players in the game worth more then 40m CV anyhow.

How do people feel on the above... setting a player cap for season 1 will see hopefully everyone put together a decent side without blowing all the money on one player.

Messi is 44m but as someone will choose Barcelona he will be a free agent and is someone's pick so we will have no players in the game worth more then 40m CV anyhow.

It's possibly a little too generous? I'm sorry but I am not used to setups where I am not counting my cents* (*this one is for the eurozone inhabitants out there!)...

Can it be a little tighter? 200 M for a 30-strong squad + the 2 pre-chosen players from the original setup? Stops people going overboard with their spending.

And what is the point of the player cap if you can buy the most expensive player anyway?

Also, do we have 16 ready managers? You said previous setup struggled...

Cheers!

It's possibly a little too generous? I'm sorry but I am not used to setups where I am not counting my cents* (*this one is for the eurozone inhabitants out there!)...

IMO 250M should be just right.... say your two expensive players cost you 60m' date=' It gives you 190m left to plan the rest of the squad.[/color']

Can it be a little tighter? 200 M for a 30-strong squad + the 2 pre-chosen players from the original setup? Stops people going overboard with their spending.

Some people didn't want a Cap at all in the original, having a 40 man cap would allow some youths to be purchased too but this can be discussed before we finalize it.

And what is the point of the player cap if you can buy the most expensive player anyway?

Because it stops people bidding 50/60m for players like Suarez,Pogba etc and ending up with 4 players.

Also, do we have 16 ready managers? You said previous setup struggled...

We have 12 but it will be easy enough to draft 4 new people into a brand new setup then it would be asking them to take over someones team who is all Transfer banned.

Cheers!

Answers above

Yes did you not get the PM you need to leave your current club as the world is closing.

No I did not receive any PM (be it in the forum or game). I only saw the gameworld posts that the managers were preparing to leave.

I would probably keep Menez and Subotic.

No I did not receive any PM (be it in the forum or game). I only saw the gameworld posts that the managers were preparing to leave.

I would probably keep Menez and Subotic.

sent a global PM to everyone the other day :confused:

which team were you? you can keep that club for the new world if you wish to do so.

Riferimento: Re: Every Person's Dream

It's ok but i think the budget could be better at 200...

:rolleyes:

sent a global PM to everyone the other day :confused:

which team were you? you can keep that club for the new world if you wish to do so.

Barcelona.

10chars

Edit: we should open a new thread where you could place the rules in the first post. After all, we are starting a 'new' gameworld.

Answers above

Ok, got it.

I understand the bidding cap idea and obviously agree with you. Only wish it was less but then people wouldn't be able to buy Messi or CR7, so I get that.

On the other 'issues' I still think 250 M budgets are way too generous and will make the game age very rapidly as by the second season all good players will have been bought - including the promising risers.

Squad cap at 40 is again generous and will encourage people to buy just because they can. Sure, managers can buy much less if they want to but who will risk losing a promising young riser to another manager just because he/she thinks their squad should have only 30 players?

In the end it is your setup and you were there from the start, so just take what ideas you think will make this version better. My final suggestions from what we discussed are:

- 12 teams

- 30 players per team max.

- 150 to 200 Million maximum budget

- End: 3 consecutive same trophy (league, cup or shield) wins, or 5 total same trophy wins.

Thats my contribution and I won't bore people here any more with this.

I will be looking forward to starting asap and would love to choose a different team if I can.