Sign in to follow this  
leamingtonsteve

Save Our Season

My own personal challenge as i decided to find a club in trouble and rescue them but with only a short period of time. With only nine games of the season remaining West Ham United in WC121 are rock bottom of division four and are £12,600,000 in debt. My aim is to get them to finish as highly as possible and to also finish with a positive bank balance before leaving to take on the next challenge. Here to prove the fact is the current table and the overview and i will post back at the seasons end to see if i indeed saved the club.

sosqg4.jpgsos2rx1.jpg

Guest SM Dev (Ste)

Re: Save Our Season

Evening Steve, would you mind if I posted this story on the SM Blog?

Hey Steve that sounds like a great idea and it will prove to everyone that a club can be rescued with a little hard work and even if you don't get them into a positive bank balance i am sure you will get it up much more than it currently is.I really hope this will be a successful challenge that you have set yourself.

Best of luck Steve. ;)

Both me and Greig Spence have done something similar and took a Sunderland and Birmingham in an English Championship. I emailed SM to have it put on the blog, yet had no reply. Its a pity too, we're doing so well..

My Sunderland are 4th, Greig's Birmingham are 5th. Ahead of all teams in an EC, except West Ham United, Chelsea and Manchester United.

We(I) have kept everyone up to date on the following thread:- http://forum.soccermanager.com/showthread.php?t=13467

Anyway, good luck Steve, unless you get on form quickly I doubt you will finish anywhere else but bottom. With the amount of bids from unmanageable sides, its so much easier to get out of debt too.

I remember Nav I think it was, set up a thread where forumers took over clubs in debt, and had aims over the season. However, it was a much longer time span, than eight matches :eek:.

Thanks guys, i do agree they are not the worst side in the setup and are not the worst in debt but fact is too get out of debt i have to sell my best players so that leaves me with a poorer squad. The table also doesnt lie and no matter how good the side may be they are still eleven points behind so its still in my eyes a tough challenge.

DAY ONE

Spent the day as the new manager of West Ham by sending every manager in the setup a message to ask/beg that they buy my players as to sort out step one of West Hams problem. Thankfully i had a response instantly from the Inter Milan manager who paid £10,000,000 for Youssi Benayoun. Sales to go through of Stephen Bywater and Elliott Ward will bring in another £10,000,000 and put West Ham back into a positive balance.

Have also managed to secure the services of Sahin Nuri from Inter and Jan Rosenthal from Tottenham, both on loan to strengthen the midfield.

Tonight was also West Hams first match against 12th placed Sampdoria. Things couldnt of gone better with a seven goal thriller ending in West Hams third win of the season as Bowyer, Etherington, Nuri and two for Mendoza gave the hammers a five two win.

Only 3,658 turned up to watch my first match in charge, a sign that the fans are staying away from Upton Park. The win cuts the gap down to nine points with eight games to go.

hello there Steve. i just want to let you know that me and one of my mates (in a seperate joined account) have joined the setup too with Marseille. We are launching a sort of an 'extreme makeover' on the team because there are a lot of funds available. Anyway, this makeover will probably mean that we will have a lot of current players shift out of the starting XI and these players are obviously of a higher standard than Division 4. so, yeah- PM me (on my account, not on the forum, im not a regular here) if you are interested in continuing this conversation, maybe strike a few deals or something. same goes for all the other fellows, mallorca and vienna included.

(P.S: i didnt receive any 'a message to ask/beg that they buy my players as to sort out step one of West Hams problem.)':confused:

my account name is Tarek Abou Ismail. oh and congratulations on the 5-2 win. i checked it before checking my result.:) i won 2-0 btw.;)

hello there Steve. i just want to let you know that me and one of my mates (in a seperate joined account) have joined the setup too with Marseille. We are launching a sort of an 'extreme makeover' on the team because there are a lot of funds available. Anyway' date=' this makeover will probably mean that we will have a lot of current players shift out of the starting XI and these players are obviously of a higher standard than Division 4. so, yeah- PM me (on my account, not on the forum, im not a regular here) if you are interested in continuing this conversation, maybe strike a few deals or something. same goes for all the other fellows, mallorca and vienna included.

(P.S: i didnt receive any [b']'a message to ask/beg that they buy my players as to sort out step one of West Hams problem.)'[/b]:confused:

my account name is Tarek Abou Ismail. oh and congratulations on the 5-2 win. i checked it before checking my result.:) i won 2-0 btw.;)

I dont play on that setup mate. Sorry =/

DAY TWO

After the great win yesterday and the transfers going through giving me £7,800,000 i didnt put a lot of time in today. Have also decided to sell Yaniv Katan to Arsenal so when the new manager takes over West Ham next season they will have £15,000,000 in the bank. Now for the hard part, of the eight games left seven of them are in the top ten starting with an away tie at Charlton Atheltic who are 6th. On paper the hammers should win but if it was on paper then West Ham wouldnt be struggling would they. Bring on saturday.

My own personal challenge as i decided to find a club in trouble and rescue them but with only a short period of time. With only nine games of the season remaining West Ham United in WC121 are rock bottom of division four and are £12' date='600,000 in debt. My aim is to get them to finish as highly as possible and to also finish with a positive bank balance before leaving to take on the next challenge. Here to prove the fact is the current table and the overview and i will post back at the seasons end to see if i indeed saved the club.[/font']

sosqg4.jpgsos2rx1.jpg

All the best to you leammy! Its going to be tough but you'll do it! :)

DAY THREE

Can now not sell any more players as i have only 18 left. £9,000,000 in the bank and i'm not going to spend it to help me get out of trouble. I have decided to leave that money for the manager that takes over at the seasons end (if anyone). So the players that are left are the players to help me get this side off the bottom. Admittedly not the worst crop to use but still a long way to go.