Has Soccer Manager become too big for its own good?

• 6 months later...
We are currently implementing a whole host of improvements to the multiplayer over the coming months. You will see some major improvements' date=' not least a new match engine and interface. We are splitting our dev team to work equally on both games.[/quote']

If this was the first time I had read this I would be pleased and a little excited but the truth of the matter is I can't remember how many times this same old rhetoric has been uttered and so far all we have seen is aesthetic changes. I have a few posts saved from over the last few years of promises that new upgrades and improvements are coming not forgetting this mythical new match engine that has been promised so may times over the last few years that we are still waiting for.

Look at the plethora of 'benefits' of being a Gold Member:

Create Connect Game Worlds

Compete in 10 Connect Game Worlds

International Management

SMFA World Cup Tournaments

Compete in the huge Gold Game Worlds

Compete in the SMFA Champions Cup

Manage 10 Extra Clubs

Enable Holiday Mode

Save Tactics and Formations on each club

Gold Manager Shortlists across clubs

SM have a cheek actually stating most of these as benefits and the illustrious 'HUGE' gold gameworlds are the biggest joke on the list.

Someone needs to take a long hard look at the product which is being offered before it gets too late.

I actually feel like flagging your post as inappropriate and misleading advertising. :eek::o:rolleyes:

You will see some major improvements' date=' not least a new match engine[/quote']

I read about that gripe on page 5 of this forum. A Real Madrid manager had 36 shots on goal on somehow lost. You really need to phase in more of a Real Madrid biase. In one gameworld im in Deportivo went a whole season unbeaten. Not good. Lets have Real Madrid supremacy restored please.

I read about that gripe on page 5 of this forum. A Real Madrid manager had 36 shots on goal on somehow lost. You really need to phase in more of a Real Madrid biase. In one gameworld im in Deportivo went a whole season unbeaten. Not good. Lets have Real Madrid supremacy restored please.

No, lets have a match engine where the manager with the best tactics, morale, player fitness etc AND 36 shots wins (whether this is Deportivo or Real). Not a match engine where you can win REGULARLY when you have a lot less possession and your opposition has 36 shots against your 5,

I have never played the single game but if that is now really successful & long term the main focus then getting bigger is a great thing for the company.

Its a shame to see the multiplayer game worlds dying but personally I just dont see how a new engine ect corrects that as the vast majority of Gold game worlds are now ruined with normally 18-22 strong used clubs & the rest weak. The traditional 'big' Gold clubs available to manage is shocking compare to a few years ago with page on page of unmanaged clubs apart from Real & Barce.

Title sums up thread pretty much. We see the amazing developments in Soccer Manager 15 but has it all been worth it? To get this this stage many facets of the game have had to change (Soccerwiki) but we now see a neglected database and some things being ignored. So has the game gotten too big for its own good?

Yes I believe it has.

Whilst I think the idea to grow the brand and expand the game was a good idea I think it would of been better to concentrate on the game that actually got SM so popular in the first place. The growth was quite clearly focused in the wrong areas and the single player game has been to the detriment of SM in the end. You only have to look at how many empty game worlds there are these days and how dead the forum is' date=' the activity is pitiful on here now.

I'm not sure that it can recover, I fear it may have been left a little too late for it to get anywhere near the level it was before. I thought I would always be playing SM and have built my teams with youth to reflect that but even I am now bored and fed up with it.

The constant cheating and lack of repercussion for clear cheating has been the final straw for me. When a new manager can join a game world and do deals like Messi for Chairman value and Higuain going the other way for £14 + Busquets without any action being taken it ruins the game.

If this was the first time I had read this I would be pleased and a little excited but the truth of the matter is I can't remember how many times this same old rhetoric has been uttered and so far all we have seen is aesthetic changes. I have a few posts saved from over the last few years of promises that new upgrades and improvements are coming not forgetting this mythical new match engine that has been promised so may times over the last few years that we are still waiting for.

Look at the plethora of 'benefits' of being a Gold Member:

Create Connect Game Worlds

Compete in 10 Connect Game Worlds

International Management

SMFA World Cup Tournaments

Compete in the huge Gold Game Worlds

Compete in the SMFA Champions Cup

Manage 10 Extra Clubs

Enable Holiday Mode

Save Tactics and Formations on each club

Gold Manager Shortlists across clubs

SM have a cheek actually stating most of these as benefits and the illustrious 'HUGE' gold gameworlds are the biggest joke on the list.

Someone needs to take a long hard look at the product which is being offered before it gets too late.

I actually feel like flagging your post as inappropriate and misleading advertising. :eek::o:rolleyes:

Excellent post. Agree with your points.