Ched Evans...

Grylls

Re: Ched Evans...

abseloutely disgusting treatment by sheffield united.

They didn't HAVE to help him in anyway. If anything, he owes them.

To be honest, signing him would have done more damage to the club than it would have done good. It even did a bit of damage prior to them saying they aren't offering him a contract.

They were very generous to let him train with the club in the first place. I think they played a clever game in seeing how everyone would react before actually offering him a contract, and as the reaction was bad, they got rid. He was just another trialist.

They didn't HAVE to help him in anyway. If anything' date=' he owes them.

To be honest, signing him would have done more damage to the club than it would have done good. It even did a bit of damage prior to them saying they aren't offering him a contract.

They were very generous to let him train with the club in the first place. I think they played a clever game in seeing how everyone would react before actually offering him a contract, and as the reaction was bad, they got rid. He was just another trialist.[/quote']

letting him train with them was the right thing to do, the fact they got rid of him just because of people's reactions is pathetic, cowardly if you ask me. feel sorry for the bloke.

letting him train with them was the right thing to do' date=' the fact they got rid of him just because of people's reactions is pathetic, cowardly if you ask me. feel sorry for the bloke.[/quote']

Not really, considering he hasn't even shown one bit of remorse. He can maintain his innocence and acknowledge the victim at the same time, but he's yet to do that. That would, at the very least, be a start.

Anyway, it's not a matter of life or death, so if he is employed then that's that. I wouldn't want my club to sign him, but others might. Let him drag their name through the mud.

Not really' date=' considering he hasn't even shown one bit of remorse. He can maintain his innocence and acknowledge the victim at the same time, but he's yet to do that. That would, at the very least, be a start.[/quote']

Two years of his life taken away though, because of something he didn't believe he did. Something that resulted in a knee jerk reaction from everyone around him. People judging him without knowing anything about the case. From what I've read about the case, what should he have to show remorse about? He did nothing wrong. If I were him, I'd be quite angry to be honest..

Two years of his life taken away though' date=' because of something he didn't believe he did. Something that resulted in a knee jerk reaction from everyone around him. People judging him without knowing anything about the case. From what I've read about the case, what should he have to show remorse about? He did nothing wrong. If I were him, I'd be quite angry to be honest..[/quote']

Good grief.

Not really' date=' considering he hasn't even shown one bit of remorse. He can maintain his innocence and acknowledge the victim at the same time, but he's yet to do that. That would, at the very least, be a start.

Anyway, it's not a matter of life or death, so if he is employed then that's that. I wouldn't want my club to sign him, but others might. Let him drag their name through the mud.[/quote']

if he genuinely believes he is innocent they why should he show remorse? i wouldn't have any problem with my team or any other signing him, even if he isn't innocent he's done his time and that should be that.

Not really' date=' considering he hasn't even shown one bit of remorse. He can maintain his innocence and acknowledge the victim at the same time, but he's yet to do that. That would, at the very least, be a start.

Anyway, it's not a matter of life or death, so if he is employed then that's that. I wouldn't want my club to sign him, but others might. Let him drag their name through the mud.[/quote']

Let's ASSUME for a moment that he is truely innocent?

If you had jumped on something for a quick bash and ended up wrongly spending 2 and a half years in prison, your name known World wide as a rapist, your career completely down the ter, your finances drained on legal fees, the prospect that if you do clear your name you could still have been out of the game for 5 years by that time and your best days and potential are long gone as well as the millions of pounds you missed out on in the meantime, would you acknowledge her'? I wouldn't. I would want her strung up by her beef curtains and paraded through every city's street with 'lying slag' tattooed across her head.

I am not saying that is the case but you cannot be remorseful whilst pleading innocence. People that say that are living in cloud cuckoo land.

At this moment in time he is indeed a convicted rapist but if this gets over-turned the **** storm has only just begun. The case, in principle, looks to be on very dodgy foundations and has a number of question marks against it but it is worth bearing in mind that the website people are basing a lot of thoughts on is operated and funded by Ched Evans' team so they will paint a picture of defence rather than an overall balanced viewpoint.

if he genuinely believes he is innocent they why should he show remorse? i wouldn't have any problem with my team or any other signing him' date=' even if he isn't innocent he's done his time and that should be that.[/quote']

It doesn't matter if he BELIEVES he has done it, it matters if he HAS done it.

That is why from a legal viewpoint you have actus reus and mens rea, the first being a guilty act, the latter being a guilty mind.

Ignorance of the law is also no defence so if he 'believes' he has done it or not is irrelevant.

This one took a while to get going...:P

rapist or not the way he has been treated is disgusting.

He is a rapist. The vast majority of rapists don't walk back into the same job.

The only mistake United made was letting him train with them without consulting more around the club.

Also worth remembering his victim has been forced into witness protection before wasting a minute on Evans.

It doesn't matter if he BELIEVES he has done it' date=' it matters if he HAS done it.

That is why from a legal viewpoint you have actus reus and mens rea, the first being a guilty act, the latter being a guilty mind.

Ignorance of the law is also no defence so if he 'believes' he has done it or not is irrelevant.

This one took a while to get going...:P[/quote']

Yes, it does matter if he has done it. But what constitutes rape? I believe mens rea plays a big part in his case.

I don't think ignorance of the law will be relevant here considering it's safe to assume what rape is :P

Did she consent to it while intoxicated? If yes, then it's not rape. I haven't studied English law. Though most of India's laws are based on the English ones.

PS: If I was Marco's father, I'd definitely name him Actus :D

He is a rapist. The vast majority of rapists don't walk back into the same job.

Correction. The Court has held' date=' now pending an appeal I believe? that he's a rapist. And just because the Court has held something to be true, does not a truth make it.

Good grief.

Why don't you tell us why you're so convinced he raped her?