SM Worlds Suggested Improvements Discussion

Re: SM Worlds Suggested Improvements Discussion

"Ratings - Linked to both Player Concerns & Squad Sizes. Ratings should change within a Game World based on concerns, playing time, form etc."

I personally don't see this as a good thing, I think a lot of people that play Soccer Manager like the idea of the ratings being realistic and changing with the players' real life form, and not like FM or FIFA where ratings change in-game really quickly. If some people prefer rating changes to happen because of in-game form they should play the single player version.

"Squad Sizes - Need to reduce the current cap of 255 or put in measures to have an unofficial cap by ways of concerns, finances etc."

This definitely needs to be done as there are some people who just hoard players for the sake of it which makes things difficult for new managers to join and put together a respectable squad. A cap of 100-115 would be more than enough.

"Managers have to login at least once every 14 days to keep control of their clubs."

That's a bit harsh on people that have a family emergency or like somebody said earlier in the topic, what if someone gets taken ill? I think sticking with the current system would be the best option.

Cheating

Something really needs to be done, I joined Gold Championship 1 not too long ago and I've seen more cheating in that GC than I have in any other, and when people try to complain it doesn't let them because It's already been investigated.

There's one guy who is the biggest cheat I've ever seen, everyone in GC1 know's it but he hasn't been removed, nor have any of his incredibly questionable deals been reversed. Everyday you see around 2-3 posts about him with many replies all agreeing that he's a cheat. He carries on doing it because he knows nothing will be done about it, and that's caused a few people to quit and many people to think about quitting. He needs to be removed or at the very least monitored because he's cheating his way to the top of GC1 when many of us are there struggling to get below average players for stupid money.

Other than that everything sounds good especially the improvements to the match engine. Keep up the good work.

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: SM Worlds Suggested Improvements Discussion I'd like to say, Soccerwiki is the worst website I've ever had the misfortune to sign up to. It is a hateful website of complete frustration. If I coul

Re: SM Worlds Suggested Improvements Discussion Many years of experiencing SM implementations leave me with no confidence in SM anymore. "Out of Frying Pan into Fire" comes to mind. If it's the almi

Respuesta: SM Worlds Suggested Improvements Discussion I've found all the ideas really interesting, buy i don't feel really comfortable about lowering rates depending on concerns level. I know that

"Ratings - Linked to both Player Concerns & Squad Sizes. Ratings should change within a Game World based on concerns' date=' playing time, form etc."

I personally don't see this as a good thing, I think a lot of people that play Soccer Manager like the idea of the ratings being realistic and changing with the players' real life form, and not like FM or FIFA where ratings change in-game really quickly. If some people prefer rating changes to happen because of in-game form they should play the single player version.

"Squad Sizes - Need to reduce the current cap of 255 or put in measures to have an unofficial cap by ways of concerns, finances etc."

This definitely needs to be done as there are some people who just hoard players for the sake of it which makes things difficult for new managers to join and put together a respectable squad. A cap of 100-115 would be more than enough.

"Managers have to login at least once every 14 days to keep control of their clubs."

That's a bit harsh on people that have a family emergency or like somebody said earlier in the topic, what if someone gets taken ill? I think sticking with the current system would be the best option.

[b']Cheating[/b]

Something really needs to be done, I joined Gold Championship 1 not too long ago and I've seen more cheating in that GC than I have in any other, and when people try to complain it doesn't let them because It's already been investigated.

There's one guy who is the biggest cheat I've ever seen, everyone in GC1 know's it but he hasn't been removed, nor have any of his incredibly questionable deals been reversed. Everyday you see around 2-3 posts about him with many replies all agreeing that he's a cheat. He carries on doing it because he knows nothing will be done about it, and that's caused a few people to quit and many people to think about quitting. He needs to be removed or at the very least monitored because he's cheating his way to the top of GC1 when many of us are there struggling to get below average players for stupid money.

Other than that everything sounds good especially the improvements to the match engine. Keep up the good work.

http://forum.soccermanager.com/showthread.php?p=3035680#post3035680

cheating ^

i have that same problem.

And attendance in game should change over time, instead of being mirrored on real life mostly. And stadium building, thus a 20k stadium team with success can be built to 50k etc.

the increase in money for winning competitions was a nice. Thanks for that.

Cheating

Something really needs to be done' date=' I joined Gold Championship 1 not too long ago and I've seen more cheating in that GC than I have in any other, and when people try to complain it doesn't let them because It's already been investigated.

Other than that everything sounds good especially the improvements to the match engine. Keep up the good work.[/quote']

I know that cheating is evident out there and I keep brainstorming ideas how to stop them, IP address block, mobile phone verification? etc, but it wont work because cheaters will find a way round it, I am/was a cheater so I know how it works. It is just like anti-virus or policing crimes, there can be no virus- or crime-free day, we can only reduce them. No offence but do give some suggestions on how to combat cheaters.

I know that cheating is evident out there and I keep brainstorming ideas how to stop them' date=' IP address block, mobile phone verification? etc, but it wont work because cheaters will find a way round it, I am/was a cheater so I know how it works. It is just like anti-virus or policing crimes, there can be no virus- or crime-free day, we can only reduce them. No offence but do give some suggestions on how to combat cheaters.[/quote']

I agree, cheaters will always find a new way of cheating if persistent enough. An IP ban was the only thing I could think of as a solution.

I agree' date=' cheaters will always find a new way of cheating if persistent enough. An IP ban was the only thing I could think of as a solution.[/quote']

Being a certain "cheater" tapping on WiFi in cafes or restaurants is one solution to overcome IP ban. Going to internet cafes to log in and register is another. You know you really want to visit that certain website but the internet company says it is not available in your region or it is not suitable for young kids lol, hotspot shield is a really good way to solve it, take your pick.

Then again, you might have someone else in the same house playing SM too, like a brother, so that will be another area to ponder. And I do have multiple accounts, all in different gameworlds.

Riferimento: SM Worlds Suggested Improvements Discussion

Noticed that the "Vast improvement of Soccerwiki needed" was moved out in the ratings section, even though the discussion isn't only about ratings at all. Not liking this censorship trend that I'm seeing, personally but let's just assume it was a random change.

Question is still the same, in case any Dev still cares about this game.

Is it possible to get in touch with SW's admin so that I can ask why some submissions have been rejected? It'd take a couple of minute to explain that my submissions were correct.

Here's my latest ones:

ScV3xSE.png

Thanks.

I agree' date=' cheaters will always find a new way of cheating if persistent enough. An IP ban was the only thing I could think of as a solution.[/quote']
Being a certain "cheater" tapping on WiFi in cafes or restaurants is one solution to overcome IP ban. Going to internet cafes to log in and register is another. You know you really want to visit that certain website but the internet company says it is not available in your region or it is not suitable for young kids lol' date=' hotspot shield is a really good way to solve it, take your pick.

Then again, you might have someone else in the same house playing SM too, like a brother, so that will be another area to ponder. And I do have multiple accounts, all in different gameworlds.[/quote']

VPN software. Thats what I would do if I wanted to cheat. Not sure SM can do a lot to counter that???:confused:

I'm a new player and is very disappointing to see a GW with teams with more than 100 players. that's unreal.

squad cap should be possible to customize to any number we would like.

for example I would like to build a new GW with a squad cap of 40 players.

Another suggestion' date=' playoffs are played over 2 legs home and away and final played as normal 1 game[/quote']

I agree/would like that sorted..1 game semi finals are so unfair, they could just move the final back another 2 days, not like there is only a few days between the last league game of the season and day 1 of turn 1 in the next season.

this should be done sooner rather than later, i enjoy this game, just got my 100 rep and these proposed changes would make it even better..

but not the ratings drop related to concerns, that seems silly, just increase the concern rate, remove the address concerns and introduce a `real life` squad cap of max 25 players in 1st team and max of 75 `youth/scholar` players..

the cheating is a tough one, i don`t think ip address is the way to go. though i dont know the answer, i believe this isn`t it..

willzy ( sm beginner )

• 2 weeks later...

Riferimento: SM Worlds Suggested Improvements Discussion

Question is still the same' date=' in case any Dev still cares about this game.

Is it possible to get in touch with SW's admin so that I can ask why some submissions have been rejected? It'd take a couple of minute to explain that my submissions were correct.

Thanks.[/quote']

ROK3fD2.png

at this point it's #nevergiveup I guess

Some of you, though unlikely, may know I run a set up that places clubs under artificial wage and transfer budget limits for each season.

I have found that this idea, of a wage budget, has reduced any possibility of player hogging occurring as their simply isn't enough budget to do so.

I would really love to see a feature for Custom GW's where the wage budgets and starting budgets can be adjusted by GW owners, it's such a great system having wage caps that can vary because it means smaller clubs can get a cash injection and sign a star player if they perform well.

There have been alot of discussion about concerns on this thread (and many others). The suggested improvement from SM has been to toughen them up. i would like to point out the following example:

Óscar RUÍZ - Rating 76

Today he has requested a move away from my club because of "Concerned about the lack of first team opportunities"

My first team average is 85.

His last rating change was +1 in November 2012. I bought him in November 2013 after a full season of playing for the first team.

Since his last rating change he has played 5000 minutes for Deportivo Capiatá in Paraguay (he is now at Libertad so the Game Info is wrong, but Hey Ho). Their first team average is 80 so I believe he should now be rated close to this. If he had been, he would still be at my club.

Conclusion - If concerns are to be toughened up, then Player Ratings must first be speeded up rapidly so all concerns are accurate.

This player is one of many I have had to sell before they got their deseved rise.

Some of you' date=' though unlikely, may know I run a set up that places clubs under artificial wage and transfer budget limits for each season.

I have found that this idea, of a wage budget, has reduced any possibility of player hogging occurring as their simply isn't enough budget to do so.

I would really love to see a feature for Custom GW's where the wage budgets and starting budgets can be adjusted by GW owners, it's such a great system having wage caps that can vary because it means smaller clubs can get a cash injection and sign a star player if they perform well.[/quote']

i too own several custom gw`s 2 of my 7 gw`s have squad caps and `NET` spends for the seasons, there is no player hogging and every team has top players, it makes for such a better gw.

i see no reason why sm cannot include this in the custom set up..

i would like to add my annoyance at managers who hop from gw to gw managing a club for 1 or 2 games then quitting, i believe that once a manager signs to the club/gw he is committed until the end of the season..

Play fair and compete for glory.....

Some of you' date=' though unlikely, may know I run a set up that places clubs under artificial wage and transfer budget limits for each season.

I would really love to see a feature for Custom GW's where the wage budgets and starting budgets can be adjusted by GW owners, it's such a great system having wage caps that can vary because it means smaller clubs can get a cash injection and sign a star player if they perform well.[/quote']

i too own several custom gw`s 2 of my 7 gw`s have squad caps and `NET` spends for the seasons' date=' there is no player hogging and every team has top players, it makes for such a better gw.

i see no reason why sm cannot include this in the custom set up..

i would like to add my annoyance at managers who hop from gw to gw managing a club for 1 or 2 games then quitting, i believe that once a manager signs to the club/gw he is committed until the end of the season..

Play fair and compete for glory.....[/quote']

I hope they make it much more customizeable and make it so old GW's can use these functions too.

I want to be able to set it so players are auto transfer listed once they reach a certain rating rather than relying on good will and players cant be bought if they are under a certain age.

I would also like players not being able to play if they reach a certain rating and custom squad minimums.

Make it so number 1

And attendance in game should change over time' date=' instead of being mirrored on real life mostly. And stadium building, thus a 20k stadium team with success can be built to 50k etc.

[/quote']

This. Ive taken a Rochdale to div 1. We've been there for 11 seasons finishing always between 3rd and 8th, hence we are one of the biggest clubs in the division but my stadium is stuck at 25,392, the lowest in the division. Admitedly I have over 100 players (Im the only active manager in the setup) but theres no reason to want to be fiscally responsible because to have even a 25 man squad with enough quality to continue to finish in the top half and hopefully push on to the top 2, Id be going into debt so hogging and selling risers in the only way to ever really break even for any stretch of time.

This. Ive taken a Rochdale to div 1. We've been there for 11 seasons finishing always between 3rd and 8th' date=' hence we are one of the biggest clubs in the division but my stadium is stuck at 25,392, the lowest in the division. Admitedly I have over 100 players (Im the only active manager in the setup) but theres no reason to want to be fiscally responsible because to have even a 25 man squad with enough quality to continue to finish in the top half and hopefully push on to the top 2, Id be going into debt so hogging and selling risers in the only way to ever really break even for any stretch of time.[/quote']

I can appreciate and accept that this is the kind of GW you want to be involved in and there's no reason why that shouldn't be.

But there are those who prefer restrictions, for instance squad caps who don't have the choice. The choice should be available to Custom Game owners along with other restrictions they wish to impose. They've bought into a Game World that they really don't own.

94db60a3-9a5c-44dc-aaaf-d5cae0dd7953_zps959622be.png

I don't know if this has been said, or highlighted. Theres so many forums and topics, I can't be arsed to crawl through every one. I am fed up, and have been for about 2 years! I am in a game world with 3 of my mates. they picked teams on the top league, and I went for a team in division 3. I got 2 straight promotions, so got the join them in the top league. I've been in the top league 2-3 seasons. I shortlisted loads of players, waiting for them to come into bidable status. I'll use one player in particular as this is my last loss, but this situation happens every few months, for my whole time of playing.

I have Bony on my list for months. Just me. I sold players I bought cheap to sell for more, the whole process took months. if I bought Bony for 4 Million, he'd be worth at least 8 million to my team. I waited and waited. Then, in real life, man city got linked with him. I watched all 3 of my mates slowly add him to their shortlist. I'd had him for months, they added him 2 days before his transfer ban ended. I bid for him just after midnight. I watched constantly. One mate, who manages Crystal palace, who are 7 places bellow me in the top league atm. He bid 12 hours after me. His bid and my bid got accepted at the exact same time. As always, he chose one of my mates teams! I sold 4 players for nothing. How is this fair or allowed!? I identified him way before real life press. I bid for him so long before, the game says it takes 24 hours to accept a bit, who do my friends jump on my bid at the last minute and get accepted in an hour or 2!? how is this fair!? also, I'm competing against clubs, who I'm above in the league, why do I never ever ever get the player!? who does he always chose my mates!? I have never ever ever beat them to a signing I bid for 12+ hours before they bid?! This angers me so much I'm tempted to quit all my teams, And I've been here from the start!

Re: Riferimento: SM Worlds Suggested Improvements Discussion

I'm obviously talking about when both bids are the same. Smaller clubs get the player. Bigger clubs get the player' date=' similar clubs get the player. Make no sense to me.[/quote']

if both bids are the same as far as i can remember i think its the team higher in the league that gets the player.

He bid 12 hours after me. His bid and my bid got accepted at the exact same time. As always' date=' he chose one of my mates teams! I sold 4 players for nothing. How is this fair or allowed!? I identified him way before real life press. I bid for him so long before, the game says it takes 24 hours to accept a bit, who do my friends jump on my bid at the last minute and get accepted in an hour or 2!? how is this fair!? [/quote']

Your bid started the '24 hour' countdown, anyone bidding afterwards has 24 hours from your initial bid to get in on the transfer. You can't have every deal accepted 24 hours after they are placed or it wont work.

For example Team A bids £5m, 20 hours later Team B bids £6m, Team A's bid is accepted 4 hours later but the higher bid isn't, it just doesn't work.

if both bids are the same as far as i can remember i think its the team higher in the league that gets the player.

From my experience's bizarrely I've noticed that if the bids are the same its the club who bids last who gets him. I'm not saying this is a rule or anything just an observation. How it actually works I've no idea.

I'd like to say, Soccerwiki is the worst website I've ever had the misfortune to sign up to. It is a hateful website of complete frustration. If I could i'd get them to delete my account, but not only would I not have the permission to do it, my suggestion would probably be rejected anyway.

Please just remove the tagline "community" from the website. It's appalling.

I'd like to say' date=' Soccerwiki is the worst website I've ever had the misfortune to sign up to. It is a hateful website of complete frustration. If I could i'd get them to delete my account, but not only would I not have the permission to do it, my suggestion would probably be rejected anyway.

Please just remove the tagline "community" from the website. It's appalling.[/quote']

Totally agree, well said!

Riferimento: Re: SM Worlds Suggested Improvements Discussion

I'd like to say' date=' Soccerwiki is the worst website I've ever had the misfortune to sign up to. It is a hateful website of complete frustration. If I could i'd get them to delete my account, but not only would I not have the permission to do it, [b']my suggestion would probably be rejected anyway.[/b]

Please just remove the tagline "community" from the website. It's appalling.

dead :D

ZFxisAL.png

welcome to the #nevergiveupteam