SM Worlds Suggested Improvements Discussion

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: SM Worlds Suggested Improvements Discussion I'd like to say, Soccerwiki is the worst website I've ever had the misfortune to sign up to. It is a hateful website of complete frustration. If I coul

Re: SM Worlds Suggested Improvements Discussion Many years of experiencing SM implementations leave me with no confidence in SM anymore. "Out of Frying Pan into Fire" comes to mind. If it's the almi

Respuesta: SM Worlds Suggested Improvements Discussion I've found all the ideas really interesting, buy i don't feel really comfortable about lowering rates depending on concerns level. I know that

Re: SM Worlds Suggested Improvements Discussion

They'll all be worked on in the coming weeks as we now have two teams of devs' date=' one for SM15 and the other for SM Worlds. You'll start to see changes / improvements before Christmas and the new match engine will be transferred over into a test environment in the New Year prior to being rolled out across all GWs.

[/quote']

Hi Steven

As we are now 3 weeks into the New Year, can you please update us on where the Team of Dev's are up to with the suggested improvements?

Have seen a couple of things change and a token improvement of ratings, when are we to expect the rest?

Hi Steven

As we are now 3 weeks into the New Year' date=' can you please update us on where the Team of Dev's are up to with the suggested improvements?

Have seen a couple of things change and a token improvement of ratings, when are we to expect the rest?[/quote']

NOT seen anything worthwhile yet myself, nor have I much hope ... :(

Riferimento: Re: Riferimento: Re: SM Worlds Suggested Improvements Discussion

has just been given a basic admin thumbs up - I can't do more than that unfortunately

Much appreciated, no worries. I know it's someone above you.

Still not exactly sure as to why SM allows this to happen when it's clear that they know who is the admin, but it's their loss in the end. I'm certainly not the one making a bad impression about the game here.

It takes me one minute to send another one in, we can keep the fight as much as we want, and I'll remind them once in a while.

NOT seen anything worthwhile yet myself' date=' nor have I much hope ... :([/quote']

They have increased the Prize money and altered the 'Offer another Club' so it doesn't bomb out transfers. They have also reintroduced the League by League review, but it's still way too slow.

On past experience I also don't hold out much hope, which is why I asked for an update. You never know :rolleyes:

Yes they seem to have brought back the league by league review but the reviews are awful and very very slow!

This and match engine are my priority to see fixed, im currently addicted to FM15 and loosing alot of interest in SM :(which is a shame as with a few changes SM could be a great online game, but saddly its going the wrong way for me

Update on the cheating manager in GC1. Since my last post hes had several deals reversed. Of the 3 deals he did with one manager who only logs in to accept the cheating managers bids one was reversed. But hes give it a couple of weeks and that deals gone through again too. Cracking down on obvious cheating still needs alot of work.

Hi Steven

As we are now 3 weeks into the New Year' date=' can you please update us on where the Team of Dev's are up to with the suggested improvements?

Have seen a couple of things change and a token improvement of ratings, when are we to expect the rest?[/quote']

Hi Steven

It is now 4 weeks into the year, as one of the improvements you list as a priority is COMMUNICATION, can you please update YOUR thread.

Hi Steven

It is now 4 weeks into the year' date=' as one of the improvements you list as a priority is COMMUNICATION, can you please update YOUR thread.[/quote']

Am I missing something?

This is what the Dev's said when the proposed solutions were rolled out.

"Communication from SM - Need to considerably improve how we interact with and update our customers in all aspects of the game."

"There are numerous channels of communication and the forum is just one of many. All of these mediums will be utilised more and more going forward and in numerous languages as well."

"Going forward, we will be a lot more involved in building both games with the help of the community."

"There is plenty of devs all ready to go at it and just waiting on the planned solutions to be given to them."

"One last thing, we would like you to hold us to our 10 principles that we have had up since the start of SM, the most relevant one relating to this post is that at the end of the day its your game."

No post on this thread since mid December, no game updates lately and Facebook page is just an advert for SM15.

Can someone help me? Where can I find all this promised communication?

Yup Rilo it sure seems SM are breaking those undertakings or it's just the OLD SM ie SM=Slow Motion. Sorry to be so plain in my language but it's just not good enough & it's been going on for years now.

Wish we could have a dynamic, exciting game but it's just like "watching paint dry" cept they haven't got round to "painting" at all for years.

Suggestion: Why Not try to quicken everything up? ie Not waiting years for players to get their deserved rating increases. It actually feels as if SM actively try to slow the Game down.... boring .... boring ....

My $0.02:

Match Engine / Tactics

Really pleased to see that this will soon be overhauled - too many strange results at present. It may be an idea to take the opportunity to clarify what certain tactical instructions actually mean e.g. a debate I'm involved in at the moment is whether "Counter-Attack" means A) Use this strategy ALL match, or B) Use this strategy only when an opportunity arises to do so. Also, what do the arrows actually do? Things like that.

Ratings Debate

The idea to reduce ratings based on concerns is silly and a very amateurish suggestion in my opinion. Instead the rating should remain constant, but the player's consistency in performance on the matchday should be affected by negative concerns and low morale. A player always has the "ability" that he possesses, but he may not show it on the day due to external factors. That doesn't mean he is not capable of it.

Stadium Building

Yes - a good idea to refine this further. Something that really needs work in my opinion.

Squad Size / Harmony

Totally agree with plan to reduce maximum squad size. I wonder though, is there any in-built overall squad "harmony" factor in place at the moment that we don't know about, over and above player morale? I believe that teams with smaller squads and less transfers in and out should be rewarded on matchdays with more consistent performances, and this should be built into the game engine behind the scenes. This may already be in place, but there is no way to tell.

There seems to be a lot of managers who don't login until nearly at their 30 day limit that are being successful currently. In a very competitive gw i'm in (80% full English world) there was a manager who only logged in every month. Players were always on 1% fitness and he won the league with the 5th best squad in the division.

In a different world which is still reasonably competitive, I had been top for the first 35 games, stringing a run that was unbeaten for the first 33 games of the season. Now with 1 game to go I am 2nd, a point behind a manager that hasn't logged in for 28 days after I only got 12 points from my previous 8 games, whilst the heavily fatigued squad managed 22 points in the same period. How can a team that has energy levels of 1% maintain such performances? It's spoiling the game!

There seems to be a lot of managers who don't login until nearly at their 30 day limit that are being successful currently. In a very competitive gw i'm in (80% full English world) there was a manager who only logged in every month. Players were always on 1% fitness and he won the league with the 5th best squad in the division.

In a different world which is still reasonably competitive' date=' I had been top for the first 35 games, stringing a run that was unbeaten for the first 33 games of the season. Now with 1 game to go I am 2nd, a point behind a manager that hasn't logged in for 28 days after I only got 12 points from my previous 8 games, whilst the heavily fatigued squad managed 22 points in the same period. How can a team that has energy levels of 1% maintain such performances? It's spoiling the game![/quote']

well stranger things have happened. it is like how a 87 rated team could beat a 92 rated team on their day. :o

Any way to prevent those big team dominate? some GC are ridiculous, the strong team become stronger and the weak team become weaker. The gap is just getting bigger and bigger. Those gameworld like belonging to a few dominate only.

I remember many had suggest squad cap. How about squad cap that only allow 20x 90+ rating player in a team or something similar, is just suggestion. Or the concern level of high rate player increase even faster. I know this suggestion may get fierce attack from those super power.

Any way to prevent those big team dominate? some GC are ridiculous' date=' the strong team become stronger and the weak team become weaker. The gap is just getting bigger and bigger. Those gameworld like belonging to a few dominate only.

I remember many had suggest squad cap. How about squad cap that only allow 20x 90+ rating player in a team or something similar, is just suggestion. Or the concern level of high rate player increase even faster. I know this suggestion may get fierce attack from those super power.[/quote']

This is somewhat a good idea, but some teams would have to sell from the start.

2hxbwuw.png

There should be a system to avoid something like this right?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Posted this a few days ago on a custom game world thread

Just looked at my schedule and the upcoming friendlies

Tue 3 Feb Friendly [H] - Greuther F├╝rth

Wed 4 Feb Friendly [H] - FC Lugano

Thu 5 Feb Friendly [H] - Rochdale

Fri 6 Feb Friendly [A] - Rochdale

Sat 7 Feb Friendly [H] - Rochdale

:eek: Rochdale 3 games in a row

Maybe they have employed a new match scheduler lately :rolleyes:

Any way to prevent those big team dominate? some GC are ridiculous' date=' the strong team become stronger and the weak team become weaker. The gap is just getting bigger and bigger. Those gameworld like belonging to a few dominate only.

I remember many had suggest squad cap. How about squad cap that only allow 20x 90 rating player in a team or something similar, is just suggestion. Or the concern level of high rate player increase even faster. I know this suggestion may get fierce attack from those super power.[/quote']

I recommend players in big teams rejecting to join them because of less or no playing time. Like if a club has Ozil, Gotze, Kovacic, Ronaldo, Bale, Di Maria then someone like Januzaj should opt out to leave the club if not given some playing time or would never join the club if he isn't already there.

I think the player's concern level should be variable according to the game time & his chances of game time to be given in a club.