Sign in to follow this  
Steven

SM Worlds Suggested Improvements Discussion

Re: SM Worlds Suggested Improvements Discussion

There have been alot of discussion about concerns on this thread (and many others). The suggested improvement from SM has been to toughen them up. i would like to point out the following example:

Óscar RUÍZ - Rating 76

Today he has requested a move away from my club because of "Concerned about the lack of first team opportunities"

My first team average is 85.

His last rating change was +1 in November 2012. I bought him in November 2013 after a full season of playing for the first team.

Since his last rating change he has played 5000 minutes for Deportivo Capiatá in Paraguay (he is now at Libertad so the Game Info is wrong' date=' but Hey Ho). Their first team average is 80 so I believe he should now be rated close to this. If he had been, he would still be at my club.

Conclusion - If concerns are to be toughened up, then Player Ratings must first be speeded up rapidly so all concerns are accurate.

This player is one of many I have had to sell before they got their deseved rise.[/quote']

So a week after being forced to sell him he gets his move and his rise :rolleyes:

Increase 4 RUÍZ, Óscar AM(RLC) 23 80 £1.8M Deportivo Capiatá]

That £1 million would have made a big difference to my club.

Stop automatical adding of unmanaged teams' players on the transfer list.

Stop automatical buying of unmanaged teams' players from other clubs or free agents list. Or remove that 2 months waiting time rule.

Add squad cap option in gameworlds.

Hi all

The rules for squads should be like real life with squad size limits and rules about the number of foreign players, a team can have 5 in A League, 5 non EU players in Europe that would spread players out and stop teams hogging 200 youth players. Also players should refuse to play for teams beneath their dignity like in the solo game. Messi will refuse to play for Perth Glory etc.

My 2 cents

Ron

Uj1cZPX.jpg

I know in real life he hasn't been in good form, but in game he has been poor 4 out of the last 6 matches, conceding almost every shot on target, resulting in a loss or thrashing for me.

Seriously?

Ive always found it unfair that you buy a player for £x and when you sign him his value's suddenly nowhere near what you've paid for him. Why does this happen?

It doesnt seem to even itself out and increase players values after you've bought them. Very very unfair.

Ive always found it unfair that you buy a player for £x and when you sign him his value's suddenly nowhere near what you've paid for him. Why does this happen?

It doesnt seem to even itself out and increase players values after you've bought them. Very very unfair.

Your teams probably better than the side you've bought him off. If he's a CM 89 rated and at a club with 1 89 CM and a few 87's he'll be valued more highly than if he was at a club with 90/91 rated CM's.

We will not be introducing any new features into SM Worlds until we've addressed the issues within this post. This is because we need to fix what is broke first and foremost. If you'd like to discuss any aspects of this post' date=' please use this thread as we are planning on addressing these issues imminently.[/quote']

Any of this been taken care of?

Just make everything as realistic as possible. Think boys. People will love it.

I would.

I like to interact, and compete, against other managers. Doesn't happen anymore.

Zero' date=' Zilch, Nothing done since Novemberish when this was posted I think.

Promises, promises.....[/quote']

Empty ones that is

Back then the Name(Dev) was regularly active, gathering feedbacks, listing them from the urgent and important ones, I swear I had some hope of (an) improvement(s), even if there wasn't any deadlines.

Oh well, I shall continue to play week in week out with my team conceding all shots of target with my keeper getting a score of 5.

Well, I've sent an email to the contact support, basically what I've stated on a few threads on the forum these past couple of days.

They did reply with this...

Hi Jason,

Many thanks for your comments and feedback. These will be passed on.

Regards,

Soccer Manager

So...We will see what is passed on or not.

I'll keep saying this in a lot of posts I do, a simple poll, of things to vote on, maybe even to vote on how things should look, since SM loves changing that so much, would be very beneficial for everyone. It lets the public see what is happening next to improve the game, plus, it also gives somewhat of the illusion that our input matters, maybe. Because it seems nothing is taken into account. It seems that the SM people have everything figured out, but in my opinion, I think its in a broken state right now, and have lost many users. Long time users at that. Quit trying to get more money out of us SM until you make a product that is worth paying for again.

Thanks

Your teams probably better than the side you've bought him off. If he's a CM 89 rated and at a club with 1 89 CM and a few 87's he'll be valued more highly than if he was at a club with 90/91 rated CM's.

Thanks for your reply mate and I see what you're saying but in the real world if a "bigger" team buys a player from a "smaller" team, the players value doesnt drop, why should it in this game?

eg Bale (or any player for that matter) signs for Real Madrid, at that time he doesnt decrease in value. Sure a year or two down the line he might, but not at the time of signing.

Thanks for your reply mate and I see what you're saying but in the real world if a "bigger" team buys a player from a "smaller" team' date=' the players value doesnt drop, why should it in this game?

eg Bale (or any player for that matter) signs for Real Madrid, at that time he doesnt decrease in value. Sure a year or two down the line he might, but not at the time of signing.[/quote']

How do you define a "bigger team" in SM? Yes in real life I guess one can sort teams based on their club rankings but in SM there is virtually none. I could take a small club to win the league and finish top half every season, do my club count as a big club? bigger or on par with Real Madrid?

On your saying, the bigger clubs will only get richer and the small clubs get poorer, because whoever they sign their value will only get lower.

The Value, or what the player is worth, doesn't matter anyways. Reason being, that money has no authority on here. Yes, there are some occasions where you need money, like, free agents, managers actually looking for money for some reason, possible unmanaged club bids, etc. Things like that. But, between 2 managers with sense in their brains, would only do deals for players on here.

I do see the points made on the value of the players need to reflect what they are supposed to be that moment, but, for SM to be able to keep the ratings at where their at, relevant to the actual player's rating, then the player's value will always bounce up and down throughout the season, between deals, or if you sell other players, or acquire, in that same position. It wont be relevant to the price you pay for him. Sorry.

I think that SM has a set avg. price for the age, position, and rating of a player. Then, depending on your club's needs, a little more is added or taken away, adjusted accordingly. As simple as that, which is fine for the purpose of the game.

But, I feel there are much more prominent issues than this.

Fix match engines, seems to be a big topic. Should just be based on avg. rating of your starting lineup, with a little bit of age thrown in there. Then, based on your formation, against mine (I know everyone's got their own opinion on what beats what. So, there should a poll on all the formations, and what is better than the other, type of poll, something SM should think of doing), plus the advanced tactics of your style of play as a manager, (which could be another poll), you kind of throw it all together, but, the avg. rating, and just a little avg. age, should be taken into account more than anything else, because that's what it really is in real life. Madrid, Bayern, Barca, Man U, Chelsea, PSG, Arsenal, Milan, Liverpool, Porto, etc, etc, etc, will always be challenging for the top of their respected league table, and for the Champions League, and the Europa League, and this is why? Because they have the better players. Not because of formations, and tactics, and what not. Just a little bit of that comes into account.

Start there, and I'll be happy, for a little bit, at least.

I've always said this, SM, you've got something here, but you are not utilizing what you could really have. I've got many bright, simple, positive ideas, I think that everyone would agree with.

Just keep it simple, like the beautiful game itself.

Thanks.

I've found some rules by SM.

I think y'all are struggling on some of them:

7.There is a philosophy at Soccer Manager that the customer comes first, and as a result you can rest assured that there is an extremely hard working and dedicated team, working with the intention to keep 'your' favourite soccer manager game running as smoothly as possible.

8.We do sell some add-ons to the game along with merchandise in the SM shop. However, anything that we sell, there will always be a good reason for us having to sell it as opposed to it being free. The price will be as cheap as possible, there will be optional extensions to the game that increase enjoyment but do not provide advantages within the game over other managers that don't purchase them. Examples below:◦If we gave everyone a custom game world for free, the game would be swamped with game worlds, most game worlds would be empty hence ruining the community aspect of the game for everyone.

9.There is a great 'family' atmosphere amongst those who work at Soccer Manager, keeping to one of our principles that the work environment can and should be fun.

10.Our last principle is the same as our first! Soccer Manager is free for all, will always be free for all and will always get better!

My thoughts...

7) Running as smoothly as possible? Extremely hard working and dedicated team? Pretty pretty pretty please, just a little smoothness somewhere, is all I ask for. All the clicks and Home Page weirdness must go!

8) Just sell club slots and custom game worlds. Then, have a year subscription, for everything, like $5. Much easier, cheaper for the public, and y'all get paid still, a lot. So, basically, $5 to start your first club slot. Something like that. I don't know why you sell just the GC membership by itself. No wonder GC's are not what they are nowadays. Well, first, there are way to many GC's, but, secondly, the only GC that matters is GC1. But, it's ridiculously tough to compete in because of Spartak, haha. The only thing I would add to the selling of just club slots to managers, is that once they select the club they want for that club slot, they can't quit it, unless they would like to buy another club slot. So, now leagues retain more managers.

9) I don't even know why this rule is out there for the public. Are y'all trying to make it seem that y'all are from the "public" and are trying to make it seem that we are part of the "family", because, if you are, I don't feel a part of this family at all. I don't really think that this is y'alls point for having this rule, but, thanks for letting us all know that it is all fun and games over there, playing with our money and what not.

10) This is an easy one...get better? C'mon now. More like plateaued, years ago. And now the erosion from the single player fallout is starting to hurt.

Thanks for reading if you do.

@rio31: I didn't want to quote your whole post as it might get a little hard to read and type. Look through page 1 and you will see that the match engine is/was the top priority among most members, that was in Dec 2014. 3 months on I am wishfully thinking that SM has a huge secret "surprise" under wraps for us all who are playing SM.

P/S: Oh I got a mail from SM saying the SM 2015 game had new club facilities like medical centres, youth academies, training centres and a scouting network.

P/S: Oh I got a mail from SM saying the SM 2015 game had new club facilities like medical centres' date=' youth academies, training centres and a scouting network.[/quote']

They say when in 2015?

It's been a little over 3 months, since the last Dev has posted anything to this thread, and, still, none of those things from the first page have been implemented.

I could be wrong, though. Forgot about this post...

Thanks for the feedback so far. The more views and ideas we got around the problems the better solutions we can come to.

Just regarding how long it takes to address all these issues, I would like to say that it depends on two things.

One reason will be how long it takes to carefully test the changes before putting them in the game, eg the match engine changes need to go in carefully without bugs and worse results. The other will be how long it takes to think up the best solutions to these issues, so it will be dependent to a point on the discussions here in the forum and other channels.

There is plenty of devs all ready to go at it and just waiting on the planned solutions to be given to them. The key is to take the time needed to get it all right, as it might take time for us all to figure out between us all what the best solution to more contentious issues like for example dealing with large squad sizes.

Going forward, we will be a lot more involved in building both games with the help of the community. This will be helping to design all new features in both single player and multiplayer, as well as for asking for community testing of those features before they go into the games.

One last thing, we would like you to hold us to our 10 principles that we have had up since the start of SM, the most relevant one relating to this post is that at the end of the day its your game.

http://www.soccermanager.com/corporate-info.php

SM is probably working on it. I don't like the no feed back, though, for 3 months now. I do like, they brought up their 10 principles in this, and that I've talked about a few of them a couple posts up. I'm holding SM to those principles. I am unhappy on a few of them.

Thanks

I would suggest the gameworld can be transferred. Lets say from one owner to another directly without releasing the gameworld. Transaction by Paypal or whatever with fixed fee/bargained fee, then maybe let SM have 5-10% admin fee or something. The news of transfer owner will be shown on the Newfeed.

Better monitoring system for bug or cheat, with updated state of investigation.

Best manager of the season add to the existing Gold boot/MVP. Best under 21/substitute/GK as well.

Anybody that reads this, please make a suggestion, on what SM should be working on and then releasing next.

Please choose out of these 5 Topics. They seem to be high on everybody's list.

The topic that you choose, please put a brief description of something you would like to see changed, or fixed, or added, etc, to that feature of the game.

Thanks. And maybe this will get some SM people thinking and talking back with us.

1. Match Engine

(1 Vote)

2. Squad Limitations

(4 Vote)

3. More Custom Game World Features

(2 Vote)

4. Money Issue

(4 Vote)

5. Keeping Managers at Clubs and in Leagues

(3 Vote)

6. Misc.

(3 Vote)

I choose #5.

And what I would change, is that when you select a club to manage it, you shouldn't be able to leave it and then move to a completely different world. One Club Slot = One Game World

Thanks for anybody that participates.

Cheers

For me, Squad limitations & Keeping managers are both invariably linked to the one big issue not on your list: Attendance.

I say attendance because people always focus on Stadium building, but unless the crowd is filling those stadiums it's irrelevant.

I don't want player training, selling advertising & all the other distractions from what matters, tactics and players.

Squad sizes cannot be tackled until teams like my Walsall can stop hoarding risers in order to survive. There is simply no other way a small club in the top league, playing in Europe, can exist on gates of 18-19000 without regularly selling players and to be honest, I've been doing it so long its starting to **** me off - and that leads to keeping managers.

The short termers will always come & go but those of us that have served years on here, once we've gone we'll never come back.

So for me above all else I want a full stadium for a succesfull club with a chairman that will increase the capacity when needed, just like they used to back in the day

For me' date=' Squad limitations & Keeping managers are both invariably linked to the one big issue not on your list: Attendance.

I say attendance because people always focus on Stadium building, but unless the crowd is filling those stadiums it's irrelevant.

I don't want player training, selling advertising & all the other distractions from what matters, tactics and players.

Squad sizes cannot be tackled until teams like my Walsall can stop hoarding risers in order to survive. There is simply no other way a small club in the top league, playing in Europe, can exist on gates of 18-19000 without regularly selling players and to be honest, I've been doing it so long its starting to **** me off - and that leads to keeping managers.

The short termers will always come & go but those of us that have served years on here, once we've gone we'll never come back.

So for me above all else I want a full stadium for a succesfull club with a chairman that will increase the capacity when needed, just like they used to back in the day[/quote']

I can see what you are getting at, but attendance and stadium size, goes into the money issue, of not having enough money for smaller clubs.

But, with squad limitations, this will allow the opportunity for smaller clubs to be able to purchase a few extra players, that can take them to the next level. I.E. = more money.

If the top teams can't hold onto the all the players, then that'll allow a better diversification of players.

Check this thread out...

http://forum.soccermanager.com/showthread.php?t=150348

Cheers

I can see what you are getting at' date=' but attendance and stadium size, goes into the money issue, of not having enough money for smaller clubs.

But, with squad limitations, this will allow the opportunity for smaller clubs to be able to purchase a few extra players, that can take them to the next level. I.E. = more money.

If the top teams can't hold onto the all the players, then that'll allow a better diversification of players.

Check this thread out...

[url']http://forum.soccermanager.com/showthread.php?t=150348[/url]

Cheers

You can't separate the money issue from the squad issue. Players cost money to buy, wages cost money every week, without the finances in place through properly realised attendance and gate money small clubs will not be able to afford these. Instead they'll be stuck buying the £50000 risers as always to stay afloat. I did check the thread