Sign in to follow this  
Steven

SM Worlds Suggested Improvements Discussion

Re: SM Worlds Suggested Improvements Discussion

well obviously not Steven judging by this:

and this thread

not sure how hard it is to get SM to take notice of us

maybe if all multiplayer users started to affect your income by using an adblock and refused to you your phone app (you know the one that a walking advertisement with moments of gameplay in the middle)' date=' then you'd come and pay us some attention[/quote']

This is the staff list

http://forum.soccermanager.com/showgroups.php

Steve is a good boy, do you know when he was on line last time?

http://forum.soccermanager.com/member.php?u=88039

04-25-2015 12:31 AM

No staff read the forum. I have a GW ruined by owner, nobody does anything.

If I remember correctly squad cap now is 255. Totally unrealistic...
Squad cap 100 at least for custom game worlds.

I think something like 60 is more realistic. I didn't see in real world any club have more first team player as much as this.

Fixing the prize money would be a good start as not getting just rewards for winning finals is a joke.

http://forum.soccermanager.com/showthread.php?t=173029

The Great Prizemoney rip off still needs to be fixed and YES IT IS A BUG SM!!!!

Here is a post from the above thread that explains and shows where the bug is.

Nice to see a few people reply to this' date=' yes it is happening to you all, prizemoney is not being paid and when you send in a bug ticket SM comes back saying it is not a bug or just ignores you, they look at the numbers and it all adds up but that is because they are not seeing where the bug lies.Whatever prizemoney you get for winning a cup game, SMFA game or cup final a deduction of the same amount will be made from your seasons starting balance meaning you are not really receiving the money but the numbers still add up in SM.

Does your income sheet show you having received this money for example, income on finances section it says you received 3.5 in funds or not?

Won cup yesterday but doing the maths I never received the funds even though my income sheet says I did but it was never added to the overall balance, but I'm not 100% sure of this

Look above for a small explanation and here are a couple of screenshot snippets to show what I mean.

here is my prizemoney earned and starting balance pre-cup final;

U1_zps0w3ppfnn.png

And here is my prizemoney earned and starting balance after the cup final;

U2_zpsdlcpgiog.png

As you can see the prizemoney has increased by £3,500,000 but the seasons starting balance has been reduced by the same £3,500,000 thus meaning although you have been paid the money in SM's eyes they are not noticing that there is a bug that deducts the same said prizemoney from your starting balance so the only money you are earning from cup games, cup finals etc is from the gate receipts and merchandising sales.

Come on SM can we get a response and get this fixed I have tried through the report channels but not even been dignified by a response, others have tried and been met with the automated 'this is not a bug' rhetoric, why doesn't someone just take a look and make the coding change to sort this?

Riferimento: SM Worlds Suggested Improvements Discussion

Dear SM, a friend asked me why i never signed up for a gold account.

What happened a few days ago sums up the answer.

Bayern (my team) - A. Madrid

Shots on target: 12 vs 6

Result : 0-2

Why? David Lopez, Atletico's GK, is MVP with a note of 9. My GK is Neuer and he took only 6/10.

Ok, it happens. Since i'm going to be relegated in Div 2 because of Neuer, who seems to be unable to stop even a passage in SM, i didn't pay too much attention to it.

But in the same day...

Twente (my team) -Rubin

Shots on target 18 vs 7

Result 1 - 2

Why?David Lopez (yes, him again), Rubin's GK, is MVP with a score of 10/10. My GK is Perin who takes just a 7/10. And it's a big improvement for his standards on SM... :rolleyes:

Ok. It happened...again. And again, and again...this is just an example. It's not only the GK the problem and not only the poor David Lopez the problem. :rolleyes:

The problem is that almost every match has a random result and, if your game is a football management simulator in which the only thing you can actually simulate is the match, it's a big problem.

Of course, sometimes i won when the other team did 1 billions shot on target and my gk took a 10/10. The engine game is so random that it balances itself in the whole league season but this can't justify the fact that it's random (random balancing means arriving always in the middle of the chart).

I've been seeing these absurd results for years (not to mention losing to almost abandonned teams with way lower average, messed up tactic and no condition, etc) and the real problem is that i never understood, with over 2000 matches played, if the results have something to do with the fixtures and the match commentary or not. The commentary...i love it. It has nothing to do with my tactics and it's hilarious when a skilled player turns in a serial killer doing horrendous fouls (i still remember when Tadic almost killed an opponent's player with what should have been a flying kick, according to the commentary).

So, that's why i never spent any money on SM. If i want cool graphic, i watch a movie. I don't play sm for graphic and I don't care if you change it (if you stop messing it up every three months i'll be glad, anyway), i play sm because it's a football simulator and i'm interested only in how it simulates the football.

Why this should be of your concern? Because i've never spent money on it but i would have liked to. Because i'm old school and i believe that it's fine to pay for good things. I pay for mp3, i pay for movies, i pay for books and i'd pay for SM too if it'd be worth the money.

That's the point. If the engine is messed up so badly, it's not just a players problem, it's your problem too because you are losing all the money from core players.

If i have a restaurant and my cook sucks, i don't paint the wall of another color. I change the cook. The game engine is your cook and the graphic of the game is your wall...

Game devs are not a no profit org: they want to make money by their game and i'm totally fine with it. But if the core of your game - the engine that moves every single GW - is messed up, all the game is messed up.

Cheating, team limits, player concerns, etc are all problems but you have to deal with the core of the problem first.

And i've read many times in the past that you were dealing with the game engine. It should have been here in summer of 2014. Then fall of 2014. Then first weeks of 2015. We are in may, now. This was even worst than having no news about it.

Honestly i don't think that the single player engine is really better than the multiplayer one (i've tried it and i had my share of *** moments even with the single player... :confused: ) , but it' s better than nothing...but do it! deal with it if you wants player spend money on it!

So, dear SM, not dealing with the engine once and for all it's not arming just me and the other players, it's arming you. We don't need anything fancy and complicated, but until you won't deal with the engine everything else will be useless. :)

Hello, I've been asking this for a long long time, please do something for the stadium building. I have built a good team but my stadium capacity is really small, I have always problems with moneys, and can not reach offers that manager with big stadiums can make. Every now and then I need to sell one of my "bigs" for moneys, and try to re invest them in possible risers to sell as soon as theyr value changes. It would be much better to give the chance to built a bigger stadium with those moneys, it would make the game more fair and also more fun. Please do something, in this way there is too much difference between teams possibility and developement made by chairman are always too fiew, and don't let small teams , free to maintain big players. Thanks!!

Hello' date=' I've been asking this for a long long time, please do something for the stadium building. I have built a good team but my stadium capacity is really small, I have always problems with moneys, and can not reach offers that manager with big stadiums can make. Every now and then I need to sell one of my "bigs" for moneys, and try to re invest them in possible risers to sell as soon as theyr value changes. It would be much better to give the chance to built a bigger stadium with those moneys, it would make the game more fair and also more fun. Please do something, in this way there is too much difference between teams possibility and developement made by chairman are always too fiew, and don't let small teams , free to maintain big players. Thanks!![/quote']

The system is already in place, fill your stadium and it gets expanded the next season.

of course that sistem doesn't change things, I brought one team from 4th league to 2nd place in premier, the stadium exhpansion was like 1000 places. How would that change something??? how my 21.000 places stadium can be compared to those like capable of 40-50-60.000 or more? if next year it is going to be 21.350 I don't think things are gonna change much..... as I sayd every now and than I need to sell one of my "bigs" to pay the others wages... Can not understand why the game developer doesn't seem to consider this problem, it regards many players of the game. Many manager I knew left the game for this,,,

of course that sistem doesn't change things' date=' I brought one team from 4th league to 2nd place in premier, the stadium exhpansion was like 1000 places. How would that change something??? how my 21.000 places stadium can be compared to those like capable of 40-50-60.000 or more? if next year it is going to be 21.350 I don't think things are gonna change much..... as I sayd every now and than I need to sell one of my "bigs" to pay the others wages... Can not understand why the game developer doesn't seem to consider this problem, it regards many players of the game. Many manager I knew left the game for this,,,[/quote']

sounds like you are asking a club like Burton to have a ground capacity of 50,000, i dont see how this is in anyway realistic.

I thought it was a random attendances?

the grounds capacity is based on the real life capacity at the time the gameworld is made and the attendances are roughly realistic depending on the division you are in. i dont know if the gameworld economy has any bearing on the attendance figures.

the grounds capacity is based on the real life capacity at the time the gameworld is made and the attendances are roughly realistic depending on the division you are in. i dont know if the gameworld economy has any bearing on the attendance figures.

So, how can managers filled their stadium?

Is it based on the club performance on the pitch? Thought it was random and only get a full-house when we played against close rival or something.

of course that sistem doesn't change things' date=' I brought one team from 4th league to 2nd place in premier, the stadium exhpansion was like 1000 places. How would that change something??? how my 21.000 places stadium can be compared to those like capable of 40-50-60.000 or more? if next year it is going to be 21.350 I don't think things are gonna change much..... as I sayd every now and than I need to sell one of my "bigs" to pay the others wages... Can not understand why the game developer doesn't seem to consider this problem, it regards many players of the game. Many manager I knew left the game for this,,,[/quote']

As explained above it is based on reality. Last season the difference between the highest and lowest average attendances among EPL clubs was almost 60,000. Chelsea won the title but only came 7th in the average attendance league. I think Swansea came from the lower divisions up to the premier league and they only have an attendance of around 20000. So it can be done. Depends on how much you want a challenge.

So' date=' how can managers filled their stadium?

Is it based on the club performance on the pitch? Thought it was random and only get a full-house when we played against close rival or something.[/quote']

It is both. Playing against your rival clubs will result in a higher attendance and also the higher you go in the league the more fans you will attract. Promotion will usually result in a stadium increase (usually modest) if you have a small club but it isn't guaranteed that you will fill it & empty seats don't bring in any revenue (just more work for the cleaners).

I know in real life it would be different, but this is a game, In real life messi would never go to play in 4th division, as it may happend in this game. I know "it can be done" as I told, I've rised from 4th to premier league and nearly won it in a really competitive gw (98% of the teams managed at the moment), the problem is that there is no way to solve the wadges problem. So the only way to make my team develop is to buy a huge number of players, making a constant buy-sell process to gain moneys. That is also not real but it is the only way I have to make my team develop- Meanwhile there are some teamsthat can afford all the moneys they wish just because of the stadium capacity, a stadium they already found like this. I can understand it may also have to do with the challenge one wants, but it is quite frustrating to built a team that will always have a " b " status compared to others. it would be much better to have to get the chance of developing a team in all its aspects, I mean not only concerning the players, but also concerning the economical power.

It is both. Playing against your rival clubs will result in a higher attendance and also the higher you go in the league the more fans you will attract. Promotion will usually result in a stadium increase (usually modest) if you have a small club but it isn't guaranteed that you will fill it & empty seats don't bring in any revenue (just more work for the cleaners).

I believe the (average) attendances are closely tied to real life, and going higher and doing well will only raise it a little, but never close to a full capacity. So unless the club in real life gets their stadium full 75% of the time, forget about getting high attendances and profits.

I believe the (average) attendances are closely tied to real life' date=' and going higher and doing well will only raise it a little, but never close to a full capacity. So unless the club in real life gets their stadium full 75% of the time, forget about getting high attendances and profits. [/quote']

In customs the attendances increase against the norm but in championships they are pretty much similar to real life although with smaller clubs you do get a stadium increase even in championships with promotion.

The one reason i wouldnt want them to make big increases to the stadiums is because in older setups like EC106 7046 or even older ones like EC1, 2, 3 etc everyone could end up with huge stadiums. I dont think that would be any fun. In real life clubs rarely make big upgrades to their staduims

Guest Redsky

Given that I can't reply to [uSER=88039]Steven[/uSER] in his thread concerning chairmen investments i'll ask the question here.

Why is it setup like it is? Aren't you just punishing managers who spend time on the game to scout out and buy the right players? That's not an exactly fair system is it? Some of the clubs in my gameworld just got over 25m each despite them having larger stadiums than my own club. Think the developers need to rethink the process on this and certainly the amount of cash being handed out.

I had to sell 5 players to get to the sum these clubs just got for free.

Really upset about the chairmen investments.

I have always tried to balance my books by selling, getting loan players or signing free agents so that i do not go into the red and yet it seems that Managers are getting rewards for being in debt.

I have nine teams i none of them received this cash injection.