Rags To Riches III - Re-emergence of the minnows

Re: Rags To Riches III - Re-emergence of the minnows

The match ended 1 - 1 between Bristol Rovers and Altrincham in their Division 5 fixture.

Cook scored the only goal for Bristol Rovers and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Draws are just not enough at the moment, especially in a game I should have won. Crazy how close this league is with 6 points separating the top 13 clubs is just unheard of.

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Riferimento: Rags To Riches III - Re-emergence of the minnows I will add you to the interest list with the rest of the rabble.

Re: Respuesta: Rags To Riches III - Re-emergence of the minnows

Re: Rags To Riches III - Re-emergence of the minnows Finally Worcester City win a league game....the change of tactics and the return of Luca Waldschmidt maybe just the tonic to propel us up the le

Draws are just not enough at the moment' date=' especially in a game I should have won. Crazy how close this league is with 6 points separating the top 13 clubs is just unheard of.[/font']

Not sure how you worked that out mate I thought it was a fair result but you did dominate possession but we had plenty of chances. Think it shows how close this league is as you said crazy stuff!!

Bristol Rovers beat Barnet 5 - 1 in a thrilling Division 5 encounter.

Gaudino scored a brace and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Benali and Vegetti were also amongst the goalscorers.

Well this win has not just helped my league position but boosted my GD which could play a huge part in this set up and now up to 3rd.

Mate' date=' I'm waiting for your match report on our last game.

I want you to admit I only didn't win, because of the ref. :P[/quote']

I did not want to show your team in a less favourable light, but since you are asking here goes:

Screen%20Shot%202015-03-09%20at%2014.51.53_zpsgwao5oi0.png

Just shows that if the ref had anything to do with the result it was in your benefit, not mine...

;)

I did not want to show your team in a less favourable light' date=' but since you are asking here goes:

[img']http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d94/hugomocc/Screen%20Shot%202015-03-09%20at%2014.51.53_zpsgwao5oi0.png[/img]

Just shows that if the ref had anything to do with the result it was in your benefit, not mine...

;)

I know, mate, I was just kidding. :D

Fortunately 1 of our best players is back from ban now. :)

I know' date=' mate, I was just kidding. :D

Fortunately 1 of our best players is back from ban now. :)[/quote']

Great Stuff!

I hope you win all your games now until the end of the season! Especially the ones against teams above me in the table!

:D:D:D

Just scrape through with a win....table is crazy we are a win off 3rd but also could fall fast.....we are currently 10th and on a 5 game unbeaten streak (but alas mostly draws)...

Altrincham outclassed Dover Athletic and beat them 3 - 2 in their Division 5 fixture.

Gillespie scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Suárez and Cavanagh were also amongst the goalscorers.

Screen%20Shot%202015-03-13%20at%2013.53.29_zpsbrxdrrlw.png

And the good run continues with a strong performance against Macclesfield. I can't remember a previous game where only one player in my team was scored below 8.

Starting to believe we can make it may be the end of us. Are we peaking too soon? Still 14 games to go and I have to play everyone in the top half of the table so surely points will be dropping like flies in a DDT cloud. :eek:

Bristol Rovers beat Lincoln City 3 - 2 in their Division 5 fixture.

Vegetti scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Marín was also on the scoresheet for his side.

Back into the promotion spots with this win. Still a tight league and a number of teams can finish top 6.

Screen%20Shot%202015-03-15%20at%2023.21.45_zpsq2ohmyri.png

Devastating first half from us with 3 goals in less than half an hour 4 goals in less than 10 minutes. Great run of form and gaining momentum to consolidate title aspirations on a really competitive setup. Very happy with my team right now! :)

Grimsby still on a roll - 7th consecutive win - and at the moment other teams seem to be losing steam. Great to see young Yang keep on scoring (sad to see him booked for the 5th time...) but the few new additions to the squad - Vadalá, Gerson and Sanchez - should keep the momentum going.

Screen%20Shot%202015-03-19%20at%2022.03.09_zpsy9cx39mi.png

mercado-de-pases-1924859w620.jpg

Torquay Get Their Man!

Vietto replaces Kane.

Having sold Kane for £10.9M midweek (£8.5 profit), Baldo moved quickly to snap up his replacement, splashing out £6.2M on 21 year old Argentine Luciano Vietto. The club will be hoping the signing will ensure they reach their target of automatic promotion.

"It's a lot of money but he's a huge talent. All the players who have netted as much as he has in La Liga at his age, continued to develop and became the best strikers in the world. We'll be happy enough with him just guiding us to a top two finish."

Talisca, Falque and Romagnoli are other notable names joining the ambitious seaside club.

mercado-de-pases-1924859w620.jpg

Torquay Get Their Man!

Vietto replaces Kane.

Having sold Kane for £10.9M midweek (£8.5 profit)' date=' Baldo moved quickly to snap up his replacement, splashing out £6.2M on 21 year old Argentine Luciano Vietto. The club will be hoping the signing will ensure they reach their target of automatic promotion.

[b']"It's a lot of money but he's a huge talent. All the players who have netted as much as he has in La Liga at his age, continued to develop and became the best strikers in the world. We'll be happy enough with him just guiding us to a top two finish."[/b]

Talisca, Falque and Romagnoli are other notable names joining the ambitious seaside club.

I think you might regret it, mate.

I'm positive Vietto won't be higher rated than Kane, after the next review. :)

Whilst everyone is fighting it out at the top end of the table.... in the lower echelons Worcester City have been busy finalizing some stealthy business deals down some shady back alleys...

article-0-01FBE3A300000578-746_468x619.jpg

Having kidnapped Ryan Mason 12 weeks ago, commanding a ransom fee for his release and turning down some shady looking dodgepot geezer who called himself 'Big Bazza', Barry Fry or something..a brown envelope was pushd through the office door with 3m in it and another i.o.u with 3.3m written on it as a promise for his return to Tottenham!! An offer we couldnt refuse since we hardly had a pot to pee in the first place!! :P

Then, at 330am the following morning..a mysterious plane landed in the field by the Worcester donkey sanctuary (rumours of Heskey residing there are unfounded as of the moment!) and Big Bazza was back waving some pieces of paper in the air...no it wasnt to start war against Germany again, but he had snuck into Dortmund and smuggled out a new GK in Mitchell Langerak, then hedgehopped across to Italy to Juventus and lured Luca Marrone from his espresso haven and then lolloped over to Spain on a wing and a prayer to Villarreal and Espanyol plucking Denis Cheryshev and Lucas Vazquez from the Loan Ranger of Madrid!! :D

Screen%20Shot%202015-03-22%20at%2021.20.38_zpsdfamlayu.png

What a washout! This was worst than the Ice Bucket challenge. We were outplayed by a well reinforced Worcester City but despite what the result looks like, throughout the match things were tighter.

This was the end of a lovely run. Can we pick up next game or with most people dipping into the transfer market, as tb's seem to be up, will we struggle for points against stronger teams?

Gignac' date=' Flamini and Demichelis bids all accepted so strengthens right through the spine of the side. Just hoping the deals are complete in time for tonight's fixture.[/font']

Very nice signings Matt. I'm not selling most players yet, until after tonight's game, so I won't be playing a bunch of 70's lol. Plus I'm already happy to be getting my squad value up from 0 to something :o

Considering that, I still wonder why in setups like these we look into stadium capacity so much more than original squad value. I'm not making any money as it is already, as are most clubs I guess, and the squad values will be growing further apart rapidly too. Kinda strange in a way.

Very nice signings Matt. I'm not selling most players yet' date=' until after tonight's game, so I won't be playing a bunch of 70's lol. Plus I'm already happy to be getting my squad value up from 0 to something :o

Considering that, I still wonder why in setups like these we look into stadium capacity so much more than original squad value. I'm not making any money as it is already, as are most clubs I guess, and the squad values will be growing further apart rapidly too. Kinda strange in a way.[/quote']

I was making about 400k every home game though that is going to drop with the three impending signings. I managed to buy some more risers so when they do rise I should be able to bring in another 2 or 3 88+ rated players. I am hoping to have an average starting 11 of around 88 to 89 by the end of season 2.

I was making about 400k every home game though that is going to drop with the three impending signings. I managed to buy some more risers so when they do rise I should be able to bring in another 2 or 3 88+ rated players. I am hoping to have an average starting 11 of around 88 to 89 by the end of season 2.

I'm impressed :D