Rags To Riches III - Re-emergence of the minnows

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Riferimento: Rags To Riches III - Re-emergence of the minnows I will add you to the interest list with the rest of the rabble.

Re: Respuesta: Rags To Riches III - Re-emergence of the minnows

Re: Rags To Riches III - Re-emergence of the minnows Finally Worcester City win a league game....the change of tactics and the return of Luca Waldschmidt maybe just the tonic to propel us up the le

Re: Rags To Riches III - Re-emergence of the minnows

One of my worst matchdays (possibly the worst) in SM.

It has given me a lot to think about.

There's this particular formation I'm having trouble countering.

I think I know a few good counter-formations to it, but it will probably take me a while to figure out the best one.

I think I know a few good counter-formations to it' date=' but it will probably take me a while to figure out the best one.[/quote']

Fortunately you didn't have much to lose... :P

I looked at your match report and although I tend to favour 4231 against 352 teams I reckon it may have been the instructions that gave Woking the edge.

I think I know a few good counter-formations to it' date=' but it will probably take me a while to figure out the best one.[/quote']

I was rather nervous about playing the same formation again because I know you know your tactics! However, considering your previous games I thought this gave me the best shot against you. I wasn't really expecting you to play this tactics tho :o I was counting on a more defensive approach also. I find it hard to compare our tactics now, I think it could've gone the other way too easily, I'm mostly happy that my GK performed better than yours this time! That cost me a lot of points recently.

Now into the play-offs to face the mighty Bristol Rovers! Another opponent who I expect to know his tactics and give me a tough game..

(...) Now into the play-offs to face the mighty Bristol Rovers! Another opponent who I expect to know his tactics and give me a tough game..

As a 'neutral' I'll be very keen to see how the Playoffs play out. :D

4 great competing teams all finishing within a 4 point span (tight!) should make these playoffs hotly contested.

May the best team win.

Fortunately you didn't have much to lose... :P

I looked at your match report and although I tend to favour 4231 against 352 teams I reckon it may have been the instructions that gave Woking the edge.

I only counter 3-5-2 (yeah' date=' it's that bloody formation :P) with 4-2-3-1, if I put the LW and RW with backward arrows.

Otherwise I usually get in trouble with the opposing LM and RM.

I used to counter 3-5-2 with 4-5-1 defensive, but It doesn't seem to be working recently.

I've been trying 4-3-3, but it's going meh so far.

I think 4-5-1 is the natural counter-formation to 3-5-2 - it seems to fit with 3-5-2 perfectly - and back when I didn't pay attention to counter-formations (and used mainly 3-5-2 myself), it seemed to work pretty well against me.

I think I'll be trying that one and mixing it with other formations like 5-3-2 and 5-4-1, so I don't make myself predictable.

I've fiddled a lot with instructions in the past.

Now I mostly change the mentality, depending on my opponents' mentality and/or my formation and both teams' average ratings, as my current instructions have been working pretty well for a very long time now. :)

I was rather nervous about playing the same formation again because I know you know your tactics! However, considering your previous games I thought this gave me the best shot against you. I wasn't really expecting you to play this tactics tho :o I was counting on a more defensive approach also. I find it hard to compare our tactics now, I think it could've gone the other way too easily, I'm mostly happy that my GK performed better than yours this time! That cost me a lot of points recently.

Now into the play-offs to face the mighty Bristol Rovers! Another opponent who I expect to know his tactics and give me a tough game..

That will be a pretty tough opponent, who indeed knows his tactics.

You know yours too, so it will be interesting. ;)

As a 'neutral' I'll be very keen to see how the Playoffs play out. :D

4 great competing teams all finishing within a 4 point span (tight!) should make these playoffs hotly contested.

May the best team win.

Yup, it should be quite competitive.

Another bright side to it' date=' we seemed to have made more money on gate receipts and sponsor incomes this week than in the whole season combined.. Maybe due to the play offs? :D[/quote']

I do recall (in other setups) getting a lot of cash for winning playoffs, especially the ones with 4 teams.

Very well done, Laura! B)

I do recall (in other setups) getting a lot of cash for winning playoffs' date=' especially the ones with 4 teams.

Very well done, Laura! B)[/quote']

If I'm ready the financials correctly, it's only ticket and sponsor incomes. So prize money on top of that would be even better :D

I reckon it's gonna be fun with you' date=' hmocc and I in the same division, against loads of AI teams. :D[/quote']

I hope so, but suspect we'll only be amused when we meet. AI teams will either be too soft or too frustrating. :rolleyes:

Well now that I've beat you once' date=' I'm sort of liking the taste of it, so don't get too comfortable ;)[/quote']

I never understimate my opponents, especially the ones who know their tactics, like you. :)

Winning against me tastes well, but I bet it tastes better to lose against me. :P

You won't want anything else. :eek:

So that's why the result took so long to come in - my players were too busy scoring goals. :P

More of this' date=' please! :D[/quote']

Stunning result Pedro! I looked at your game stats before my own, I was that much impressed :D

We started with a draw, a bit disappointing because my squad is much higher rated, but I didn't know what tactics to pick.. So better luck next time!