Matt72

Rags To Riches III - Re-emergence of the minnows

Re: Rags To Riches III - Re-emergence of the minnows

Bristol Rovers outclassed Worcester City and beat them 2 - 1 in their Division 5 fixture.

Mclaggon scored both of the goals for Bristol Rovers and was later voted Man of the Match for his

Back to back wins sees us climb into the play-off spots. Unlucky Jonny but you got what you deserved, actually you never you should have suffered a far heavier loss.

I was a bit clueless on my tactics again' date=' I shouldn't do that :D[/quote']

You shouldn't be so harsh on yourself. I lose many games through tactical decisions that go wrong.

Unfortunately there is only a very limited amount of things you can do during the match and even those you need to do before the match starts so in actual fact it's all just guesswork. Sometimes you guess right and sometimes you don't.

Re the game, it was very tight throughout but fortunately for me my 'guesswork' did work this time and we managed to score in the last 10 minutes. It could have gone the other way tbh.

Here's the stats:

ScreenShot2015-01-18at233205_zps2fdbf607.png

You shouldn't be so harsh on yourself. I lose many games through tactical decisions that go wrong.

Unfortunately there is only a very limited amount of things you can do during the match and even those you need to do before the match starts so in actual fact it's all just guesswork. Sometimes you guess right and sometimes you don't.

Re the game' date=' it was very tight throughout but fortunately for me my 'guesswork' did work this time and we managed to score in the last 10 minutes. It could have gone the other way tbh.

[/quote']

Thanks, and yeah, I definitely got a bit unlucky. But yesterday afternoon I was thinking about what tactics to play, and I couldn't make up my mind. The things I end up choosing I knew they weren't a good choice :o So in that sense I thought I could've done better. But you are also right that sometimes its just out of our hands. I think with my squad and these stats I could've gotten a better result. So next time, I hope :D

The match ended 1 - 1 between Farsley AFC and Macclesfield Town in their Division 5 fixture.

Diop was on the scoresheet for his side.

Still looking for our first win but I can't see it coming anytime soon.

Kidderminster lost to Altrincham 2-1 in a pretty close encounter at the Aggborough. That's back to back losses for us now but we're happy enough with the squad and are confident we can make some major improvements when the transfer bans are up.

Kidderminster lost to Altrincham 2-1 in a pretty close encounter at the Aggborough. That's back to back losses for us now but we're happy enough with the squad and are confident we can make some major improvements when the transfer bans are up.

Was a close game mate I was relieved to get the win!

Bristol Rovers beat Gateshead 3 - 1 in their Division 5 fixture.

Vegetti scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Gaudino and Bunn were also amongst the goalscorers.

This win moves us up to 4th and already have 400k to spend from gate receipts. Think I will let it build up and make a few signings if we start to struggle.

Bristol Rovers slumped to a 3 - 0 defeat to Grimsby Town in their Division 5 fixture.

Officially my worst night on SM, 2 wins out of 15 games and 3 draws. Time to start looking at alternative methods.

Officially my worst night on SM' date=' 2 wins out of 15 games and 3 draws. Time to start looking at alternative methods.[/font']

Sorry for having contributed to a bad day at the office... :eek:

Unfortunately for you the Mariners were too strong for your Rovers (Buccaneers? Gasheads?) and won comfortably.

It seems we are having a little run. May it last that all I ask... Game stats below:

Screen%20Shot%202015-01-26%20at%2000.04.56_zpstjz39ax6.png

Well, I'm an idiot.

The other day I played Milwall for the cup or shield and these were my thoughts before the match (when setting the tactics):

"I got no depth whatsoever. But I still want to try and win".

Instead of letting a bunch of 70 rated guys play, I decided to do some rotation - but trying to avoid using those 70 rated players. I like rotation and I usually do well in that department. We beat Milwall on pens, but 1 of our best players got injured.

Now I'm paying for it in the league.

And the stupidest thing about this is that I'd probably do the same thing, if I went back in time. :o

(...)

Instead of letting a bunch of 70 rated guys play' date=' I decided to do some rotation - but trying to avoid using those 70 rated players. I like rotation and I usually do well in that department. We beat Milwall on pens, but 1 of our best players got injured.

Now I'm paying for it in the league.

(...) :o[/quote']

My squad is pretty short which means I do not have the option of competing in the cups the same way I do in the league. I use my lower rated players in the cups in order to rest the first-teamers.

As soon as I have more options in the squad, then I may start aiming for a god cup run.

Woking outclassed Farsley AFC and beat them 2 - 0 in their Division 5 fixture.

Tévez scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Berry was also on the scoresheet for his side.

Yeeeeah we win, I was waiting for things to start working out again. Had a few unfortunate losses (in other GW's too), but when an opponent is bagging two red cards, even I can't lose anymore :D I hope after playing with the same starters for a few more games, we will get some more consistency and will preform better.

Min-air-horn-6.jpg

Finally Worcester City win a league game....the change of tactics and the return of Luca Waldschmidt maybe just the tonic to propel us up the league a bit...altho expectancy levels are still just about 'seeing what we can do and maybe upset the big boys' of the league!!

Min-air-horn-6.jpg

Finally Worcester City win a league game....the change of tactics and the return of Luca Waldschmidt maybe just the tonic to propel us up the league a bit...altho expectancy levels are still just about 'seeing what we can do and maybe upset the big boys' of the league!!

Congrats mate and love the announcement :D:p

Screen%20Shot%202015-01-30%20at%2000.07.56_zpsakx8gmms.png

This was a total counter-attacking lesson Eastleigh gave us. We could have been 3 up at the first half hour but did not convert our chances and were later punished for it. The question is will we change our way of playing? Possibly not. :eek:B)

FGR just can't be stopped as we made our 8 game unbeaten after our biggest ever win,5-2 over Woking with 4 goals from the league top scorrer Marvin Ducksch who have 13 goals in 8 games,our next target is Worcester,be ready.

Macclesfield Town beat Dover Athletic 4 - 1 in their Division 5 fixture.

Success scored a brace and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

López was also on the scoresheet for his side.

Much needed win for Macclesfield after winless in last 5 games. Up to 13th

The match ended 1 - 1 between Bristol Rovers and Eastleigh FC in their Division 5 fixture.

Alnwick had an impressive game and was voted Man of the Match.

Gaudino was on the scoresheet for his side.

A game I expected us to win but it was just not the case. I have money to spend as well but if I can stay there or thereabouts I may go on a spree mid season.