Anyone else concerned by the falling numbers?

fathomer

I've been playing the English Championships for a good few years now, and in that time numbers of active managers in the Leagues has always fluctuated. Only the low numbers ever consistently keep the majority of clubs 'active', but most leagues I've been in have at least managed 25 -35%. Tbh this is the minimum I look for when searching for new Leagues to join. However, in the last three or four months the number of managers in many of the Leagues I'm in haven't just fallen, they've crashed. Worse, the empty slots aren't being filled.

Now, I know some Managers enjoy the sight of tumbleweed around the Leagues they are in, but me, I prefer the far tougher challenge and unpredictability of the leagues with higher numbers of 'bum's on seats'.

Is the fall off just a natural result of too many leagues now? Do Soccermanager need to cull a few (hundred)? Or is it the arrival of the single player game that's resulted in the fall off?

Thoughts?

Re: Anyone else concerned by the falling numbers?

SoccerManager has been in rapid decline ever since SM decided to open several of the same leagues in the same week.

Gold Championships used to be months and months apart. Then they started churning them out one by one only days apart ... since SM realized they could make money on making ALOT of setups .. then they made ALOT of setups.

And aslong as there's idiots out there that keep paying for teams.. they won't stop.

I've been with my Bolton side in 6952 for 5,5 years now and I'm not even considering leaving them... Had I not made it into a mini-forum setup tho... It'd been dead since long.

It's a shame that SM became greedy because they had the perfect product.

Re: Anyone else concerned by the falling numbers?

SoccerManager has been in rapid decline ever since SM decided to open several of the same leagues in the same week.

Gold Championships used to be months and months apart. Then they started churning them out one by one only days apart ... since SM realized they could make money on making ALOT of setups .. then they made ALOT of setups.

And aslong as there's idiots out there that keep paying for teams.. they won't stop.

I've been with my Bolton side in 6952 for 5' date='5 years now and I'm not even considering leaving them... Had I not made it into a mini-forum setup tho... It'd been dead since long.

It's a shame that SM became greedy because they had the perfect product.[/quote']

This SM sold out a few years ago and the game was neglected greatly. Now rather than fix those they've decided to go ahead with this single player game. Depressing as SM was once amazing now its just a lame addiction.

• 1 year later...

I've been playing the English Championships for a good few years now, and in that time numbers of active managers in the Leagues has always fluctuated. Only the low numbers ever consistently keep the majority of clubs 'active', but most leagues I've been in have at least managed 25 -35%. Tbh this is the minimum I look for when searching for new Leagues to join. However, in the last three or four months the number of managers in many of the Leagues I'm in haven't just fallen, they've crashed. Worse, the empty slots aren't being filled.

Now, I know some Managers enjoy the sight of tumbleweed around the Leagues they are in, but me, I prefer the far tougher challenge and unpredictability of the leagues with higher numbers of 'bum's on seats'.

Is the fall off just a natural result of too many leagues now? Do Soccermanager need to cull a few (hundred)? Or is it the arrival of the single player game that's resulted in the fall off?

Thoughts?

The fact that this post is 18 months old and more relevant now than it was then proves what a mess sm have made of the game.

They have basically made far too many changes that make the game worse or didn't need changing, whilst ignoring the areas that do need changing.

Whether it is ignorance, laziness or sad need to play around with new technology is anyone's guess considering sm lack the respect to talk to those who play the game, except when they want something.