El Capitán - Match Reports, Discussions etc...

Re: El Capitán - Match Reports, Discussions etc...

Derby County beat RCD Espanyol 2 - 0 in their Division 2 fixture.

Chiellini had an impressive game and was voted Man of the Match.

Wickham and Embolo were amongst the goalscorers.

Embolo gets his first for the club after getting subbed on after Wickham made his mark. :D
Derby County have now won 5 games in a row after beating RCD Espanyol setting a new club record.
After their result against RCD Espanyol, Derby County are now unbeaten in 5 games setting a new club record for most games unbeaten in a row.
:D And to think I had lost 3 in a row at the start of the season....

We now sit in 3rd place after passing Swansea and Leeds(yes!). We sent Espanyol from 6th to 9th, and next game we face Harimau Mada with their new manager who sits at 7th at Pride Park. This should hopefully launch us into direct contention for automatic promotion.

Just realized that Tottenham face Union(the leaders) next game. I'm going to hope for a Tottenham victory to have a better chance at the title. :P

• Replies 579
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: El Capitán - Match Reports, Discussions etc... Brighton and Hove Albion appoint their manager! In recent reports, it has been confirmed that Brighton and Hove Albion have officially appointed

Re: El Capitán - Match Reports, Discussions etc... Couple big deals for Spurs after the addition of Diego Lopes last week (who was really integral to our win yesterday) we've looked to further stren

Delighted to win the cup in a tense final and to come back from 1-0 down at half-time was a great effort. 2 goals in 2 mins was enough to win the cup and commiserations to RCD Espanyol who put up a great fight.....

South China AA beat RCD Espanyol 2 - 1 in the final to lift the trophy.

Engels scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Medrán was also on the scoresheet for his side.

Delighted to win the cup in a tense final and to come back from 1-0 down at half-time was a great effort. 2 goals in 2 mins was enough to win the cup and commiserations to RCD Espanyol who put up a great fight.....

South China AA beat RCD Espanyol 2 - 1 in the final to lift the trophy.

Engels scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Medrán was also on the scoresheet for his side.

Congrats, Mr. Hudson! ;)

It sucked being knocked out in the semis.

I'm one of those guys who prefers to get knocked out in the 1st round rather than losing the final. :eek:

Unless I need the prize money for winning cup matches.

Well done to Barry too - it ain't easy to make consecutive cup finals. :)

went down 1-0 early to Union, and the crowd went silent, flashbacks of our 8-1 terrorizing loss at their hands earlier this season came to mind. (worst loss in my history as a manager of any team).

But, our team showed massive character, first, Batshuayi bringing us level after some good work by debutant Diego Lopes down the wing. And we managed to go into halftime 1-1 despite a mediocre 1st half performance.

2 minutes into the 2nd half, Batshuayi gets forced wide but he manages to put in a teasing cross near the penalty spot, and Gedoz, arriving late into the box gets a powerful header on goal that gave the keeper NO CHANCE and also gave us the lead.

Finally, good link up play between Barkley and Batshuayi, and a cheeky flick by Batshuayi setting Lopes free just inside the right hand side at the top of the box, and a brilliant first touch by Lopes, giving him some space ahead of his defender and setting up himself for a brilliant finish on his weaker left foot, to give us a 2 goal cushion and the 3-1 lead.

Union managed to grab one back from a set piece in the 89th but spurs held on to the 3-2 win, blowing the promotion race wide open, the top 3 now all sit on 22 points, derby has 6 wins in a row !!! The most in form team by far. Solid 4-0 win by them today as well. There's also Leeds, 3 points back of the top 3, and 2 other teams in 18 points.

So it's a tight race now. Union still holds a major Goal difference advantage over everyone though.

Drogba is officially Kashima Antlers new Captain

You have 27 players, how come you are still bidding on players should you not be transfer banned or something or Atleast first come in line with the rules before bidding on new players ???

You have 27 players' date=' how come you are still bidding on players should you not be transfer banned or something or Atleast first come in line with the rules before bidding on new players ???[/quote']

Because, before JR took over Antlers, the AI had bought a few players, which he can't be blamed and shouldn't be punished for. :)

Everton outclassed Cardiff City and beat them 3 - 2 in their Division 1 fixture.

Mata had an impressive game and was voted Man of the Match.

Babacar and Tévez were amongst the goalscorers.

6 points clear at the top now, things are looking promising to clinch this title.

It also seems Derby want to buy all of my older players... hope you got a lot of money ;)

SOUTHAMPTON, May 15(Daily Echo)-Gursimran Brar was in the stands to watch relegation threatened Southhampton take on Toulouse Fc at the Stadium Municipal in the Division 1 fixture on Thursday, just hours after taking over as manager of the mighty Saints.

Late last evening Southampton accepted a bid of 7.7 million for the young and talented Ricardo Krishna who today completed his move to Spurs.

Speaking to the Media, the Manager said that despite the poor results and their position at the foot of the table, the morale in the squad is good. Every individual is trying hard but my job is to make them play as a team.

When questioned about transfers, the Manager said the board is very supportive of all his decisions and money has been sanctioned and soon you can expect to see upto 7-8 new faces in the next few days. However, he refused be further drawn into the conversation and refused to name any potential players leaving the club.

SOUTHAMPTON' date=' May 15(Daily Echo)-Gursimran Brar was in the stands to watch relegation threatened Southhampton take on Toulouse Fc at the Stadium Municipal in the Division 1 fixture on Thursday, just hours after taking over as manager of the mighty Saints.

Late last evening Southampton accepted a bid of 7.7 million for the young and talented Ricardo Krishna who today completed his move to Spurs.

Speaking to the Media, the Manager said that despite the poor results and their position at the foot of the table, the morale in the squad is good. Every individual is trying hard but my job is to make them play as a team.

When questioned about transfers, the Manager said the board is very supportive of all his decisions and money has been sanctioned and soon you can expect to see upto 7-8 new faces in the next few days. However, he refused be further drawn into the conversation and refused to name any potential players leaving the club.[/quote']

Did you win the game?

Harimau sniffing about your team so beware!

Everton outclassed Cardiff City and beat them 3 - 2 in their Division 1 fixture.

Mata had an impressive game and was voted Man of the Match.

Babacar and Tévez were amongst the goalscorers.

6 points clear at the top now' date=' things are looking promising to clinch this title.

It also seems Derby want to buy all of my older players... hope you got a lot of money ;)[/quote']

Going very nicely mate but you face your bogey team next up......so still plenty to play for :P

Did you win the game?

Harimau sniffing about your team so beware!

Nope but revolution will start soon, I'm confident of keeping the team up especially with my 2 key signings expected later in the evening !

Sniff all you want possibility is I'll steal sule of you before you touch any of mine lol

Nope but revolution will start soon' date=' I'm confident of keeping the team up especially with my 2 key signings expected later in the evening !

Sniff all you want possibility is I'll steal sule of you before you touch any of mine lol[/quote']

Haha Sule is kept safe from prowling eyes

Couple big deals for Spurs

after the addition of Diego Lopes last week (who was really integral to our win yesterday) we've looked to further strengthen our team.

A Deal with West Ham.

-Florian Thauvin + 5 million for Andre Gomes

We really needed a 2nd player who can play in the DM position, almost as well as Thiago Motta, we suffered a while without him. This strengthens our central midfield a lot, although we lost a talented wide player.

-Ricardo Kishna from Southhampton for 7.49 mil

Huge overpay and gamble here, but I love this guy. Hoping he can get an 85 soon and push on next season. Very talented, just adds to our depth for now, but one for the future !

Besides, I had so much cash and no one wanted to sell despite my huge offers for some players :)

Thauvin will definitely be missed.

Got thrashed by Derby 0-4 :(

6 games left, and a 5-point gap to the play-off spots, seems unlikely. But maybe we can conjure a miracle! We'll probably need an upturn in our GD of about 9 goals!

Must-win against Espanyol tomorrow, teams 8th and 9th, it's a 6-pointer.

Southampton FC have unveiled their marquee signing of the season with Franck Ribery joining from FC Bayern for 20m + Yassine Benzia

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRpBfMgPJ7GU9gt9_OiIYqMt-j6kt7EmRB0RRn_CIP8eGp0_8s9TA

Speaking to the Media, the former Bayern star said that 'he chose Southampton because he thought it was the best move for his career at this point in time. The move could be viewed by some people as a step down but I could not turn down the opportunity to be a part of something special.

Speaking to the Media, the Manager said,I feel his injury troubles are behind him and the Saints fans can expect to see the best of him. It is no doubt that he is one of the best players in the world and our team will benefit immensely from him. Lastly, its a great opportunity to learn from Franck for the likes of Memphis Depay and new signing Moses Simon.

The Manager further introduced new signings Moses Simon, Jose Mauri, Godfred Donsah and Santos Gerson. However, he refused to comment on who shall be filling up the void left by the departure of Pablo Zabaleta.