El Capitán - Match Reports, Discussions etc...

• Replies 579
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: El Capitán - Match Reports, Discussions etc... Brighton and Hove Albion appoint their manager! In recent reports, it has been confirmed that Brighton and Hove Albion have officially appointed

Re: El Capitán - Match Reports, Discussions etc...

Re: El Capitán - Match Reports, Discussions etc... Couple big deals for Spurs after the addition of Diego Lopes last week (who was really integral to our win yesterday) we've looked to further stren

Well after I failed to take advantage of West Ham's loss on Sunday, with 5 games left, and West Ham looking strong, we may have to win out to get the title and automatic promotion.

I'm worried right now, Doria is suspended for 3 of those remaining 5 games.

I have some tactical ideas but they may not be worth the risk right now, I'll just stick with what's worked all season and hope our last 2 games were just a blip.

also... we need some new managers :/

Cardiff City outclassed Brighton and Hove Albion and beat them 2 - 1 in their Division 1 fixture.

Berardi scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Gerrard was also on the scoresheet for his side.

Saints lost too and i need only 3 points to get on first place.

Next match is against them,away :/

Although they are in bad form so hopefully i can take advantage of that,if not then its goodbye to the title.

BTW

Can we buy players from other teams(managers who left their teams that is)or we will wait for new faces?

Saints lost too and i need only 3 points to get on first place.

Next match is against them' date='away :/

Although they are in bad form so hopefully i can take advantage of that,if not then its goodbye to the title.

BTW

Can we buy players from other teams(managers who left their teams that is)or we will wait for new faces?[/quote']

that kills Gameworlds, I think we should set no buying from unmanaged clubs.

and... a nice game between us and Leeds today.

-a mediocre first half- Commentary begins from the 2nd half. - Major events.

Sterling latches on to a Barkley cross in the 52nd to give Spurs the lead

Benassi doubles the lead with a stunning rocket just inside the box in the 62nd minute.

*manager comments - he's the holding mid, he should'nt have even been there, but it was a fantastic strike, so I cannot be unhappy with him*

Looks like a routine win for the Spurs? Leeds had other ideas.

in the 70th minute, a silky run by Gaya and a brilliant through ball puts Anderson 1 on 1 with Lloris, and Anderson simply dinks the ball over him to make the score 2-1

75th minute, Leeds attacker Timo Werner brings down the substitute Anthony Martial from behind, receiving his 2nd yellow card and getting sent off.

10 men Leeds are unphased, a long ball by Jonny, into the penalty area, and the defense makes a huge mistake, the defender leaves it, Lloris comes out for it, and he's in no man's land, a header from Mitrovic goes over Lloris and into the empty goal. THE SCORE IS NOW 2-2 IN THE 80TH MINUTE.

*This could be a big blow in Spurs 1st place ambitions*

82nd minute, Thauvin cut's inside on his favored left foot and sends a brilliant curling effort.... BUT IT GOES JUST WIDE.

Can the 10 men of Leeds defy the odds?

85th minute, brilliant stuff by Thauvin again out on the wing, he gets past his man and puts in a brilliant cross with pace... Pasalic made a late run into the box and gets a powerful header on it... AND IT'S A GOAL FOR SPURS 3-2 ! SPURS LEAD 3-2 !

Spurs sit in and defend the lead for the win....

Meanwhile, West Ham's goalkeeper Buffon pulled off some heroic saves to give their team a 0-0 draw vs the in form Chennaiyin FC.

West Ham are still 1st, on 27 pts.

Spurs are joint first, on 27 pts.

West Ham hold a 1 goal advantage in the goal difference over spurs, they split the games this season, so head to head is not a factor. Spurs have scored more goals, but also conceded more. Than West Ham.

I believe the tiebreakers are GD, Head2Head, Goals Scored etc etc ?

In form Derby County who's won 5 of their last 6 are now 3 points behind the top 2, and 3 points separates 3rd from 5th in the playoff battle.

NYCFC have really fallen off the pace after leading the early season charge, they are 6 pts behind the top 2, but hold the last playoff spot with a 4 pt advantage over the side below them.

The match ended 0 - 0 between Chennaiyin FC and West Ham United in their Division 2 fixture

After their result against West Ham United, Chennaiyin FC are now unbeaten in 6 games setting a new club record for most games unbeaten in a row

The only disappointing thing about this record is that most of these matches have been draws :(

Cardiff City beat Southampton 3 - 0 in their Division 1 fixture.

Allione scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Bahebeck and Gerrard were also amongst the goalscorers.

Yay,managed to beat 1st placed team Southampton and i m first again :D

3 more matches left !

This was what I was afraid of: not being able to use Icardi.

Fortunately' date=' he's just suspended for 1 match.

After García lost his CF position, Mauro is my only good player in that spot. :o[/quote']

Well, apparently Nico Castillo wanted to prove me wrong and he scored the winner. :D

Only sad thing is the number of quitters, who have already left this setup. :(

Sabah FA outclassed Kashima Antlers and beat them 1 - 0 in their Division 1 fixture.

Martínez had an impressive game and was voted Man of the Match.

Bakayoko was on the scoresheet for his side.

Every win counts now as we fight to avoid relegation :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Its a very nice setup, i do hope we can get new managers coming in..

Hey guys and girls sorry i haven't been here, had serious issues with internet at home over the last week and been too busy at work to even come on and check thing, finally sorted and up an running.

So i see we are a few managers down. I have had people apply for the positions but as i haven't been here i have no idea who they are.

Will get this sorted asap

Current Prize stats after 5 games:

Win league

Cardiff City

Win promotion

West Ham

(Derby, Espanyol, Spurs, New York)

Win cup

Espanyol

Congratulations!!

Top scorer

Andres Cornelious

of Palermo who has 12! 9 in the league and 3 in the cup

Top assister

Steven Gerrard

of Kashima Antlers with 8 assists

Best Captain (based on avg rating)

Huntelaar with an avg rating of 8.25

Best attack (most goals scored)

Cardiff City

39 (36 in league, 3 in cup)

Best defence (best clean sheet)

New York City FC

(Conceded 12 in all competitions)

Finishing dead last

Leeds United

*Obviously a team is not permitted to win more than one prize per season so the prize will be given to the runner up, so everyone needs to fight till the end. Also if anyone sees any errors in my workings out, then please let me know

Got invited to this GW, I remember liking the idea initially but I didn't have the time back then.. Now, however, I think I do. So hopefully I'll join soon :D

Edit: While going through the squads of the available clubs, I was wondering how come some teams have players aged way over 21? Clubs automatically signed them while unmanaged maybe? I suppose those should be sold as soon as their TB is over, but that might influence the new managers chances on the transfer market initially. Just wondering what people's thoughts are!

Got invited to this GW' date=' I remember liking the idea initially but I didn't have the time back then.. Now, however, I think I do. So hopefully I'll join soon :D

Edit: While going through the squads of the available clubs, I was wondering how come some teams have players aged way over 21? Clubs automatically signed them while unmanaged maybe? I suppose those should be sold as soon as their TB is over, but that might influence the new managers chances on the transfer market initially. Just wondering what people's thoughts are![/quote']

Yes it seems because the squad cap is 25 the clubs have tried to make the numbers up once unmanaged, these players should just be sold, think of the money received as a welcome package for saving our game world, but under so circumstances should these players be used competitively

Very happy with this win as it keeps us in the hunt for a top 3 finish.....top 2 are miles ahead so top 3 is our goal now and European football next season....

South China AA outclassed Everton and beat them 3 - 1 in their Division 1 fixture.

Bosetti scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Cartabia was also on the scoresheet for his side.

Well pedro has given me list of about 712 different players to ask to join' date=' we already have one new member so hopefully we will be full again before the next game[/quote']

Happy to help, mate. :D

Well done Pedro that's what I call a short list :)

Cheers!

Very short indeed. :P

Yes it seems because the squad cap is 25 the clubs have tried to make the numbers up once unmanaged' date=' these players should just be sold, think of the money received as a welcome package for saving our game world, but under [b']so[/b] circumstances should these players be used competitively

I think you mean under no circumstances, right? :D

I've taken over Toulouse, looks like a good squad in a good position for the last few games. Only disappointment was that it turned out Aurier was bought just a few weeks after him turning 22 :o (while the club was unmanaged), so not having him is a real loss for the team. But he will be sold for good value I'm sure.

I hope everyone who's still in is commited to staying long term, it's a bit sad that four managers left so soon in what was looking to be a promising setup. But it looks like we got a couple of good managers together so I look forward to upcoming seasons!

Well after sending out emails to probably going on 100 people we still have three slots left, if any of you know of anyone who would like to join please point them in this direction, the world is running very well, and I'm very much looking forward to next season