Sign in to follow this  
Pukis

Players' condition. Does it matter?

When I put my starting eleven I always take into account condition of my players (player has to be at least 90% to have a chance to play). But recently I got beaten by a team full of not match fit players with 16% condition. I thought that was ridiculous.

What is your experience in this matter?

By the way, my team had a better rating too.

Re: Players' condition. Does it matter?

When I put my starting eleven I always take into account condition of my players (player has to be at least 90% to have a chance to play). But recently I got beaten by a team full of not match fit players with 16% condition. I thought that was ridiculous.

What is your experience in this matter?

By the way' date=' my team had a better rating too.[/quote']

Yeah, the match engine will throw up a fluke sometimes, but I've won a few trophies because I rotate my side and only pick players if they are 95% or higher on the day of the match. very reliable method, because it's an extremely significant part of the game

Yeah' date=' the match engine will throw up a fluke sometimes, but I've won a few trophies because I rotate my side and only pick players if they are 95% or higher [b']on the day of the match[/b]. very reliable method, because it's an extremely significant part of the game

I too try to rotate players when they fall below 95%. Not because I feel it affects the results but because if you let them get much lower it takes too many games for them to recover to 100%.

Also, unlike un-managed sides, I have found players with low condition get injured more often.

I've also experienced this quite a bit.

I have one team that usually struggles to avoid relegation, the best I have managed is 12th place in EC2 Div1 in 10 seasons. I got a bit bored of SM, the Gold Manager account ran out and I left them alone for a month, not changing anyone in the team. I just got 2nd place in the league. Tired players and no change to tactics. Players were also out of position when injuries happened and were automatically replaced. Not bad.

This happened to another team that came 2nd a few seasons ago. The manager had not logged in for 29 days, he just won the cup, but didn't log back in to see his club get 2nd in the league.

Seems it's best not to manage at all.

I also notice that of the opposition gets a red card, it's usually a good sign that they are about to score a goal and beat you.