Sign in to follow this  
SportingPM

Manager points/Best gameworld managers

If the concept of 'best managers' or manager points is going to exist in the game then it might as well mean something. At the moment more or less all it tells you is who has been playing the game longest.

In one of the game worlds I am in the manager of leeds has managed to get a team containing Van Persie, Reus, De Gea and a host of other players rated 90 +, relegated to the third division. Yet he is rated as one of the top ten managers in the game. And this is a game world where 80+% of the teams are taken.

The points system should be changed so that you get no points for just hanging around. Some for a win, more for a draw and minus points for each loss. The idea of getting more points for beating a higher rated team is good but there should also be extra bonus points for winning things and final league positions/long runs in cups depending on the clubs expectation. For example taking a very small club and getting them promoted from the 4th to the 1st division should gain a manager more points than finishing 2nd in the first division with Chelsea every season.

Its quite a small aspect of the game (and one I imagine most manager dont even care about at all at the moment) But I think that if it were improved it could add some extra competitiveness between managers.

Re: Manager points/Best gameworld managers

If the concept of 'best managers' or manager points is going to exist in the game then it might as well mean something. At the moment more or less all it tells you is who has been playing the game longest.

In one of the game worlds I am in the manager of leeds has managed to get a team containing Van Persie' date=' Reus, De Gea and a host of other players rated 90 +, relegated to the third division. Yet he is rated as one of the top ten managers in the game. And this is a game world where 80+% of the teams are taken.

The points system should be changed so that you get no points for just hanging around. Some for a win, more for a draw and minus points for each loss. The idea of getting more points for beating a higher rated team is good but there should also be extra bonus points for winning things and final league positions/long runs in cups depending on the clubs expectation. For example taking a very small club and getting them promoted from the 4th to the 1st division should gain a manager more points than finishing 2nd in the first division with Chelsea every season.

Its quite a small aspect of the game (and one I imagine most manager dont even care about at all at the moment) But I think that if it were improved it could add some extra competitiveness between managers.[/quote']

Great point. I agree. No small aspect.

In one of the game worlds I am in the manager of leeds has managed to get a team containing Van Persie' date=' Reus, De Gea and a host of other players rated 90 +, relegated to the third division. Yet he is rated as one of the top ten managers in the game. And this is a game world where 80+% of the teams are taken.

Its quite a small aspect of the game (and one I imagine most manager dont even care about at all at the moment) But I think that if it were improved it could add some extra competitiveness between managers.[/quote']

i assume you mean the part where is lists the overall best managers in your GW then underneath best current ones.

if these are the ones you are talking about you don't get points for hanging around you get 3 points for a win 1 for a draw and 0 for a loss.

a lot of the longer serving players in your GW will be listed there but that is because they have got a lot of points from winning games and have not left the GW

a lot of the longer serving players in your GW will be listed there but that is because they have got a lot of points from winning games and have not left the GW

I do mean that yes. And by the tone of your reply you probably don't think I have enough respect for hanging around. The truth is I do respect the managers who hang in there, I have been playing the game a few years and I really enjoy the game worlds that are competitive and where I have a good long running competition with particular managers. On the flip side I manage one team in a gw that had an ok ammount of managers when I started and now I am one of 2! so its pretty dull.

However do I take it that you think the system is totally fine and needs no changes made to it. ie you think that my Leeds manager example, who has presided over a series of relegations with a team that would make most managers drool with envy, is worthy of hi place in the top ten of a gw where all but 14 clubs are taken ? (gw id.53 if you are interested)

I dont really want to single people out here but I just looked at the 'best managers of all time' list in this particular gw and sitting top of the pile is someone who averages 1.89 points per game. and in 856 games has won a cup a shield and a charity shield!!!! a div 3 runner up spot and a div 2 play off win.

Now I am going to come across bad here.... but that just isnt a terribly impressive record to me. Especially compared to the manager of another team who won div 3 then next season won div 2 one blank season then won div 1! That is the kind of management that needs to be given the respect it is due.

How to calculate the points?

From the Help section

The success that you achieve with your club is rewarded in the form of Manager Points. They are awarded for wins, draws, league titles, cup titles and you get additional points for winning or drawing against a team that is stronger than your own. For each respective feat you are awarded the following based on our manager point scoring system:

Win ...................................3 pts

Draw .................................1 pts

Lose ..................................0 pts

Win against stronger team ....5 pts

Draw against stronger team ...2 pts

League Title .......................10 pts

Cup Title ...........................10 pts

You can re-order the list by average points which I think gives a better indication of success, but its still only the same list.

From the Help section

The success that you achieve with your club is rewarded in the form of Manager Points. They are awarded for wins' date=' draws, league titles, cup titles and you get additional points for winning or drawing against a team that is stronger than your own. For each respective feat you are awarded the following based on our manager point scoring system:

You can re-order the list by average points which I think gives a better indication of success, but its still only the same list.[/quote']

I guess what I am saying is that in order for these manager points and the lists of 'best managers' in each game world to mean anything this points system should be changed. Possibly all it needs is for serious achievements at your club to be awarded a lot more points.

Promotion 50 points

winning a cup 75 points

winning the league 100 points

I guess what I am saying is that in order for these manager points and the lists of 'best managers' in each game world to mean anything this points system should be changed. Possibly all it needs is for serious achievements at your club to be awarded a lot more points.

Promotion 50 points

winning a cup 75 points

winning the league 100 points

I would certainly agree that Promotion should gain some points. Relegation -10/20/30?

From the Help section

The success that you achieve with your club is rewarded in the form of Manager Points. They are awarded for wins' date=' draws, league titles, cup titles and you get additional points for winning or drawing against a team that is stronger than your own. For each respective feat you are awarded the following based on our manager point scoring system:

You can re-order the list by average points which I think gives a better indication of success, but its still only the same list.[/quote']

Thank you very much for help!