Cam's Premier League World

Re: Cam's Premier League World

Theres still a lot of players out there. Sure a lot aren't trendy players and a lot are more in the mid to upper 80s range but I think the point of at least the initial market was to make it hard to sign the best and get a brilliant squad. Most of the squads should have an average rating between 87-90 depending on how theyve recruited.

The market comes when there are transfer windows' date=' like now and clubs make more signings or players move out of England. I think though, maybe in a season or so, the market may have to extend to being England wide ratehr than just EPL.[/quote']

I have noticed that W.B.A and Stoke both have less than 21 players which is unusual for that to happen.

• Replies 723
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Premier League World. They shall no longer be known as Spurs or Tottenham but they will be known as Cock on a ball.

Re: Cam's Premier League World Chievo Verona starting 11 Bench is still waiting for two more transfers to be completed, will average about 85. After that I will have a couple of million left fo

Re: Cam's Premier League World Well, My man Dorrans got the assist in this one, making it 2-0 to Lens against espanYOLO after a Clyne header sealed a 1-0 league victory! Fluffy can never handle this

Posted Images

I have noticed that W.B.A and Stoke both have less than 21 players which is unusual for that to happen.

Yeah,it's kinda unusual for these kind of clubs to be raided:p . But,it's basically the same when Barcelona players getting raided in new EC and will end up with less than 20 players sometimes

And yet West Brom still have

1x 89

1x 88

7x 87

1x 86

3x 85

And Stoke have

1x 89

3x 88

6x 87

1x 85

So even at those clubs theres still a bunch of decently rated players for this setup.

And yet West Brom still have

1x 89

1x 88

7x 87

1x 86

3x 85

And Stoke have

1x 89

3x 88

6x 87

1x 85

So even at those clubs theres still a bunch of decently rated players for this setup.

Not when you can't buy them as they are under the required amount of squad players required which is the point I was trying to make.

They are external bro' date='external have no requirement for number of minimum players in the squad[/quote']

Thanks I never knew that. I have never come across that, especially when many of these clubs will be in SMFA competitions then a 21 man squad is a requirement.

How many times have you tried to buy a player and you get the message along the lines of "You can't purchase this player as there squad will drop below 21 players" or is this once the season has kicked off?

Theres still a lot of players out there. Sure a lot aren't trendy players and a lot are more in the mid to upper 80s range but I think the point of at least the initial market was to make it hard to sign the best and get a brilliant squad. Most of the squads should have an average rating between 87-90 depending on how theyve recruited.

The market comes when there are transfer windows' date=' like now and clubs make more signings or players move out of England. I think though, maybe in a season or so, the market may have to extend to being England wide ratehr than just EPL.[/b']

That is very accurate and should be fun. Good to see people having to buy the non flash and trndy players, i myself have gardner and curtis davies in my team who ive never signed in my life! thats the point of the EPL restriciton, all things equal no one should have a super sexy team.

Not when you can't buy them as they are under the required amount of squad players required which is the point I was trying to make.

I am pretty sure ext will go less, even if they dont like noisy said my back up was everyone could still get a squad (even if not the flashest) and with RL transfers they would be at non EPL externals so it would always have improved anyway (see Bielik bought from Legia etc etc)

I just think if we are relying on real life transfers to the EPL it will make for an extremely slow and stagnant transfer market with 16 clubs battling for half a dozen or so players if we are lucky this month, then waiting until end of the season IRL.

It does make for a slow transfer market which is an integral part to keeping a set up interesting is it not? Only expressing my opinion. If this is the intention then fair enough.

I just think if we are relying on real life transfers to the EPL it will make for an extremely slow and stagnant transfer market with 16 clubs battling for half a dozen or so players if we are lucky this month' date=' then waiting until end of the season IRL.

It does make for a slow transfer market which is an integral part to keeping a set up interesting is it not? Only expressing my opinion. If this is the intention then fair enough.[/font']

Well not particularly. As far as i can tell most people are through a lot of their incomes. Still some names left about like Ozil and others. There is always the potential to shake the team up. that said a big emphasis will be on manager to manager deals, with the wildcard being transfers/ promotion-relegation teams.

All in all the point is that not everyone can have their OMG full sick barcelona/madrid/munich 95 rated first 11. It will be hard to get a 92 rated first 11 because of still competition. It means people have to sign playes like shelvey, bardsley and diouf for key positions. It means no willy-nilly transfers but careful consideration and planning, and really even scouting/watching/knowin your stuff and getting key quality players from mid table clubs with the risk of big future or not, like Tom Carroll or Austin.

Tbh The way it has panned out is alot closer to what i designed than i thought might happen, squads are shaping up to be well rounded with 87-91 rated players (except frozy who has rated 70-95 first 11 :P). This is the ultimate EPL challenge.

And you could always give the internal transfermarket a go if you're really bored and wanna shake things up :P

thats what i mentioned in paragraph one. should see some real interesting deals in this setup. Ill be looking to include things like loaning a player out options to buy on players to sweeten deals.

Well not particularly. As far as i can tell most people are through a lot of their incomes. Still some names left about like Ozil and others. There is always the potential to shake the team up. that said a big emphasis will be on manager to manager deals' date=' with the wildcard being transfers/ promotion-relegation teams.

All in all the point is that not everyone can have their OMG full sick barcelona/madrid/munich 95 rated first 11. It will be hard to get a 92 rated first 11 because of still competition. It means people have to sign playes like shelvey, bardsley and diouf for key positions. It means no willy-nilly transfers but careful consideration and planning, and really even scouting/watching/knowin your stuff and getting key quality players from mid table clubs with the risk of big future or not, like Tom Carroll or Austin.

Tbh The way it has panned out is alot closer to what i designed than i thought might happen, squads are shaping up to be well rounded with 87-91 rated players (except frozy who has rated 70-95 first 11 :P). This is the ultimate EPL challenge.[/quote']

I fully appreciate and get the concept, I am not on about incorporating other leagues into the transfer market, what I am alluding to is that while yes there are perhaps a few players left with elitist ratings I imagine by the end of season 2 there won't be.

It is a learning curve with this set up in regards to transfers but I can say with a certain amount of confidence nobody will sell there elitist players unless forced to do so, same with young talent as well, but then why the heck should they, we all had our targets and fair play to those who got who they set out to get.

I think the way the transfers have worked thus far is more down to good luck rather than good judgement, all clubs will have decent gate receipts to work with, coupled with those fortunate enough to have SMFA competitions the money will be rolling in due to the lower wages clubs will pay in comparison to the wages they would have paid if they had inherited there original squads, the knock on affect being vast sums of money to spend and nobody to spend it on.

I get the set up as I have already stated, this is not about having a star studded team full of world stars but in the same token it is not about having huge sums of cash and nobody to spend it on either, which could likely happen. There will be perhaps 4 seasons before the start of the 15/16 season that is a heck of a lot of revenue that can be accrued and not spent before August. When August does come round, great let the transfer battles commence, it will be interesting to see how it pans out. I am not being pessimistic just looking at it from a different angle.

I fully appreciate and get the concept' date=' I am not on about incorporating other leagues into the transfer market, what I am alluding to is that while yes there are perhaps a few players left with elitist ratings I imagine by the end of season 2 there won't be.

It is a learning curve with this set up in regards to transfers but I can say with a certain amount of confidence nobody will sell there elitist players unless forced to do so, same with young talent as well, but then why the heck should they, we all had our targets and fair play to those who got who they set out to get.

[b']I think the way the transfers have worked thus far is more down to good luck rather than good judgement, all clubs will have decent gate receipts to work with, coupled with those fortunate enough to have SMFA competitions the money will be rolling in due to the lower wages clubs will pay in comparison to the wages they would have paid if they had inherited there original squads, the knock on affect being vast sums of money to spend and nobody to spend it on.

I get the set up as I have already stated, this is not about having a star studded team full of world stars but in the same token it is not about having huge sums of cash and nobody to spend it on either, which could likely happen. There will be perhaps 4 seasons before the start of the 15/16 season that is a heck of a lot of revenue that can be accrued and not spent before August. When August does come round, great let the transfer battles commence, it will be interesting to see how it pans out. I am not being pessimistic just looking at it from a different angle.[/b]

Possibly not good sir. I truly hope the masses of wealth doesnt happen, I have picked the clubs i have due to having gate receipts totalling close to the average that PL clubs get across all teams. I didnt account for the fact people might go with slimmer squads/less wages though, so I am thinking i should maybe have put the average stadium at 30-35K instead of 37-42K. Didnt want to start the starting balance too low either that we all couldnt get close to 30 man squads cause the elite players couldnt be afforded. If i was doing it again id shave the 180 to 160-170M but i dont think it was too overboard. Most of the starting 11's are pretty balanced.

Once again you seem to only look at External transfers. I do see a 2 month dead season (May is Promotion -August transfer window) so June-July will be slow but all through the PL season different players will catch my eye and maybe i decide i want to take a punt on Ki getting a transfer at end of season or rising and so ill bid for him internally.

The only point you have brought up that is not intentional/actually a positive is the money, and i hope the gate receipts etc do work out so that people are not making money hand over fist. Fingers crossed.

Btw I appreciate the concern/feedback/constructive complaints and also appreciate the fact you have taken the time to analyse potential weaknesses and share them with me, as you have a lot of custom experience.

Possibly not good sir. I truly hope the masses of wealth doesnt happen' date=' I have picked the clubs i have due to having gate receipts totalling close to the average that PL clubs get across all teams. I didnt account for the fact people might go with slimmer squads/less wages though, so I am thinking i should maybe have put the average stadium at 30-35K instead of 37-42K. Didnt want to start the starting balance too low either that we all couldnt get close to 30 man squads cause the elite players couldnt be afforded. If i was doing it again id shave the 180 to 160-170M but i dont think it was too overboard. Most of the starting 11's are pretty balanced.

Once again you seem to only look at External transfers. I do see a 2 month dead season (May is Promotion -August transfer window) so June-July will be slow but all through the PL season different players will catch my eye and maybe i decide i want to take a punt on Ki getting a transfer at end of season or rising and so ill bid for him internally.

The only point you have brought up that is not intentional/actually a positive is the money, and i hope the gate receipts etc do work out so that people are not making money hand over fist. Fingers crossed.

Btw I appreciate the concern/feedback/constructive complaints and also appreciate the fact you have taken the time to analyse potential weaknesses and share them with me, as you have a lot of custom experience.[/quote']

I don't see it as a weakness as such more of a (potentially) unforeseen issue that may or may not arise.

Re: Premier League World.

Bringing in Johnny Evans for 12.8million. Awesome to get a decent rated CB for C/V. Also managed to get Jordan Ibe for C/V which is just awesome. Further to these two Im adding a couple random youth signings. (so yes Elohim the UKness continues)

Howard

Jones-Evans-Lescott-Filipe Luis

Delph-Rodwell

Ramsay-Rooney - Barkley

Sturridge

Bench: Bardsley, Chester Jedinak, Downing, Agbonlahor, Ibe

Bringing in Johnny Evans for 12.8million. Awesome to get a decent rated CB for C/V. Also managed to get Jordan Ibe for C/V which is just awesome. Further to these two Im adding a couple random youth signings. (so yes Elohim the UKness continues)

Howard

Jones-Evans-Lescott-Filipe Luis

Delph-Rodwell

Ramsay-Rooney - Barkley

Sturridge

Bench: Bardsley' date=' Chester Jedinak, Downing, Agbonlahor, Ibe[/quote']

Solid. I actually fancy you as my top 3 best squads. Pedro's Juventus is definately up there for me as well.

Pedro's Juventus is definately up there for me as well.
Agreed that Pedro has done a great job making his side.

Cheers lads!

I had a clear strategy: not paying more than 10% of my budget for any player. And trying to get 2 competitive players for every position (except the GK spot ofc).

I didn't go for any 93+ player, coz that would probably jeopardise my depth when the time to bid for other players would come.

Shouldn't take long for the Old Lady to finish her business. :o

Looking forward to the season and good luck to every manager in "Fish & Chips"! :D

Good spine but lacks depth and Paid too much for some of them like Coleman. Inferior to me yeah B)

agree with you. looking back I think I made some decent transfers but there were far too many players that I overpaid for that limit my competitiveness, for example, Coleman as you said, Terry + Cahill were costly, and even Chadli + Dembele I overpaid for despite the likelihood of Chadli rising at end of season...

It would be nice if you let a certain youngster go to Elche to get more playing time considering we seem more "inferior" than your side B)

I might do a pre-season report just for fun before the season starts recapping all the transfers perhaps :P

agree with you. looking back I think I made some decent transfers but there were far too many players that I overpaid for that limit my competitiveness' date=' for example, Coleman as you said, Terry + Cahill were costly, and even Chadli + Dembele I overpaid for despite the likelihood of Chadli rising at end of season...

It would be nice if you let a certain youngster go to Elche to get more playing time considering we seem more "inferior" than your side B)

I might do a pre-season report just for fun before the season starts recapping all the transfers perhaps :P[/quote']

I myself am going to Publish Cam's Winners and Losers Column on the Opening transfers with a few categories. if you wanna do a write up too thats awesome!

Ill make you a deal on the youngster. if you have offered more money than i have, you can have him!

I myself am going to Publish Cam's Winners and Losers Column on the Opening transfers with a few categories. if you wanna do a write up too thats awesome!

Ill make you a deal on the youngster. if you have offered more money than i have' date=' you can have him![/b']

if you notice something (won't tell you) then you will be able to calculate the max. you need to beat me to the lad's signature. Hope you don't notice :P

if you notice something (won't tell you) then you will be able to calculate the max. you need to beat me to the lad's signature. Hope you don't notice :P

I already know its about 2.6/2.7 but i didnt/dont think youll bid all of that. If you do you will win simple as that. I am not willing to pay over 2.25M for him.

I already know its about 2.6/2.7 but i didnt/dont think youll bid all of that. If you do you will win simple as that. I am not willing to pay over 2.25M for him.

Mind games... :P

My oh my, I'm in such a dilemma, I'm also looking at another player similar in position and age, but +2 higher in rating, and cheaper... :o