Cam's Premier League World

Re: Cam's Premier League World

Its time for.....

Cam's Winners and Losers!

Pt. 1 - Winners.

Huddo - Spending his full budget for a monetary value return of 172.6M is not awful business' date=' infact is ahead of the general squad value of most. What Huddo has acheived is a good balance between superstar, a couple od dead-end squad players and some really good sqaud player/bench players with future potential. A good number of his players are in the first year of contracts (Lukaku, Blind, Sanchez, Tadic, Lallana, Mangala) and this means a very stable squad, with the only high-risk buy Schurrle. A Sizeable majority of players under 27 leaves him in no position for a desperate sale and a bright future. Only 5 bench players of note instead of 7, so depth is the only real negative here, but shouldnt be too much of an issue with only 1 cup competition. [b']9/10[/b]

Noisy - Picked up possibly the 2 best players in the league in Hazard and Aguero so has to make the list. Expensive acquisitons though and will pay for it in depth. In my opinion should have left it at Hazard but respect for the balls to get the big 2. A lot of shrewd business like Ivanovic, but overshadowed a little by some players in potential for stagnation/drops like Lamela & Capoue. Has the First 11 to take the league, but 1 or 2 injuries (especially to Aguero or Hazard) and Spurs are a write-off. 7.5/10

Pedro - Best short term squad in the league. A 91 rated first 11, With a full bench (bar Gk) of 89's or better. The only dissapontment with this team is the lack of Real youth or talents, going for good value established players like Cazorla, Willina and Dzeko. Big risk with a lot of players that imo have potential to be out the door at seasons end like Podolski and maybe Dzeko and some poeple very lucky to avoid drops like Paulinho and Cech. No good youth players either (will bring some in for squad rules but not much talent left.) Top this off with a squad value of 174M with just 167M spent and Pedro has proven the shrewdest of all and has the value to improve the squad. 8.5/10

Overall Best Business

Huddo.

Thanks for the target on my back Cam :P

I appreciate the kind words but I don't feel that I am deserving of the title of Overall Best Business winner.

Many teams have bought wisely.....while I am happy with some signings there are some negatives:

- I did spend 32.2 mil on Sanchez

- Schurrle may leave Chelsea IRL

- My keeper Foster is rated only 88

Be interesting to see how things pan out once the season gets underway and while I might have bought well I have no tactical nous so teams should not fear Sampdoria :P

• Replies 723
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Premier League World. They shall no longer be known as Spurs or Tottenham but they will be known as Cock on a ball.

Re: Cam's Premier League World Chievo Verona starting 11 Bench is still waiting for two more transfers to be completed, will average about 85. After that I will have a couple of million left fo

Re: Cam's Premier League World Well, My man Dorrans got the assist in this one, making it 2-0 to Lens against espanYOLO after a Clyne header sealed a 1-0 league victory! Fluffy can never handle this

Posted Images

Penalties.

Over the Squad Cap - Must sell median rated player Immediately. That is to say if you had 5 players 89, 87, 84, 83, 78 then the 84 must be sold For first external bid. If there are multiple players on the median rating the oldest must be sold. Will be docked 5 points from the Winners/Div 2 bonus and disqualified from the cup bonus.

Under the Youth requirements - Must be fixed Immediately. Will be Docked 3 points from the winners/div 2 bonus and will be ineligible to win the cup bonus. Youth squad will be minimum 7 for next season. To be clear it is 5 players in your youth team. They MUST be in your youth team in game. if they turn 22 in that season they are still in your youth team, but this must be rectified before new season ticks over otherwise your squad will be short and you will be penailsed.

Buying a non-eligble player - Immediately Disqualified from all bonus competitons. Player must be RELEASED as soon as TB is up.

Failure to Sell a newly non-eligible player - As soon as a player has become ineligible must be sold for first external bid after TB ends. IF player TB already ended someone must post on the forum that they have noticed a newly ineligble player. Unless on holiday mode, that manager will then have 48 hours after the first bid on the player to sell. Failure to do so will incur a 1 Point penalty towards bonus competitons for every 24 hours the player is not sold and immediate disqualification from the cup bonus.

The offer for Danny INGS of Burnley from Udinese Calcio has been accepted along with other club offers. Burnley will now decide which offer to proceed with. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

The deal reported to be worth 7,380,000 involving Danny INGS of Burnley and Olympique Lyonnais has been accepted along with offers from other clubs. Burnley will now make a decision which club to complete the deal with shortly.

Noooo!!! Really annoyed to miss out on him. Bid all I could.

The deal reported to be worth 4,233,000 involving Shane LONG of Southampton and Chelsea has been accepted along with offers from other clubs. Southampton will now make a decision which club to complete the deal with shortly.

The offer for Shane LONG of Southampton from Udinese Calcio has been accepted along with other club offers. Southampton will now decide which offer to proceed with. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

My back up option. We only have Rooney, Sturridge and Agbonlahor that can play CF so I wanted to able to have a 4th CF option. Thankfully Ive beaten Chelsea here so I have that option. Taylor and Long are now those final signings to give me a full bench of depth.

Final side

Howard

Jones-Evans-Lescott-Filipe

Rodwell-Delph

Ramsay-Rooney-Barkley

Sturridge

Bench: Taylor, Bardsley, Chester, Downing, Jedinak, Long, Agbonlahor

Under 21: Barkley (21 years, 89) Ibe (19 years, 82), Dowell (17 yeas, 75), Grant (21 years, 73) Conlan (20 years, 72) Jebb (19 years, 70)

Chievo Verona starting 11

1191535_Chievo_Verona.jpg

Bench is still waiting for two more transfers to be completed, will average about 85. After that I will have a couple of million left for any emergency transfers, the squad will be just under the 30 player cap for now. Included in both the starting 11 and the bench are some players still eligible to play in the youth team, however we chose to bring in some lower rated youngsters so fill those positions. This will secure our freedom on the future transfer market, non of the first 22 players are bound to us by any rules other than their original club.

That rule at the same time is my only trouble in the foreseeable future, since we didn't manage to sign any top flight strikers initially. Eventually we settled for Negredo, who is gonna be sold out of the Premier League at the end of the real life season. Hopefully the next few months will be enough time for us we to find a suitable replacement. I also brought in Bojan thinking maybe he can finally live up to the expectations and continue his form at Stoke, his recent injury will unfortunately hold him back for a long time and so no rise can be expected of him. Also some young free agents were signed for CV, which will leave us with some cash in a couple of weeks, which will hopefully be enough to deal with these issues.

maglia-curva-567x272.jpg

Will this be the right squad to keep these rascals in their cages??

We soon will find out....

Yanga-Mbiwa has joined Roma permanent. Does that mean RCD Espanyol can't play the player + sell him ASAP or play him until TB and then sell him?

He can be played until TB is up' date=' as he was bought legally. However as soon as his TB is up he must be transfer listed and [b']CANNOT PLAY[/b]. First external bid is accepted (see penalties below)

Chelsea team is complete!

Guzan;

Cameron---Fernandez---Nastasic---Colback;

Di Maria---Sissoko;

Sessegnon---Silva---Young;

Sterling

Bench: Dummett,Rangel,Fonte,Distin,Huddlestone,James Morrison,Nolan,Samaras,Diafra Sakho

Happy with that team. Got marquee signing for good price in Di Maria,Silva and Sterling. Got decent depth with versatile players which is absolutely vital in this setup. Youth players bar Sterling are just there for the rules though

Well, as I write this it is night time here in Japan and I would just like to wish everyone good luck in their first games! I'm sure I'm not the only one who wished that we had a couple of friendlies to experiment with but now we just have to work with what we have. Good luck everyone and I can't wait to read the banter :D

Well' date=' as I write this it is night time here in Japan and I would just like to wish everyone good luck in their first games! I'm sure I'm not the only one who wished that we had a couple of friendlies to experiment with but now we just have to work with what we have. Good luck everyone and I can't wait to read the banter :D[/quote']

Agree with this. Its been a few days since I completed my squad so Ive almost forgotten about this

Well' date=' as I write this it is night time here in Japan and I would just like to wish everyone good luck in their first games! I'm sure I'm not the only one who wished that we had a couple of friendlies to experiment with but now we just have to work with what we have. Good luck everyone and I can't wait to read the banter :D[/quote']

Same to you and every one else.

In a quarter-empty Martinez Valero in Elche, the home side managed to come back from a 1-0 deficit to draw against Tom's Genoa, after Moussa Dembele managed to curl in a beautiful free kick into the top-left corner.

After the game, Elche's manager, Allan, stated he was surprised that Lloris did not play in midfield.

Next up for the Spanish side is Palermo, who defeated a strong Lyon side 2-0 in their opening match.

And additionally, one last piece of business for Elche: Brandon Barker, a feature of England's U19 squad, joins from Manchester City for a fee in the region around 550 thousand.

RC Lens traveled to White Hart Lane for the opening game of the season against one of the title contenders, and were the first to try and tame the Dynamic Duo of Hazard and Aguero.

In a first half that saw Lens on the back foot all around, Spurs poured forward. Hazard was busy but Aguero nowhere to be seen. 2 yellow cards to Lens for strong challenges on Hazard have fans wondering whether it was a deliberate ploy to cripple Spurs lack of depth...

Lens came out after a rousing team talk from mercurial manager Mr. Lucas and started the second half well on top, finally making Begovic earn a paycheck with a string of cracking saves. However this flurry did not see results and Spurs found another gear, with Aguero finally turning up to the game. When he did however, it was a click move between he and Hazard that put the decisive goal past a valiant Ospina.

Result

Spurs 1-0

US Palermo outclassed Olympique Lyonnais and beat them 2 - 0 in their Division 2 fixture.

Nasri scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Drogba was also on the scoresheet for his side.

Great start to the season. A hard fought away win.

At the age of 36, Captain Drogba proves age is just a number. He scored 1 today. B)

I believe we have the most aging squad. Our first 11, have an average squad age 28. Lets hope the 'they can continue performing at the highest level for the whole season

Besiktas JK has lost a heart breaker of a match 2-3 to RCD Espanyol.

The game started out wonderfully for the Turkish club.

* In the 8th minute 22 year old Jeffrey Schlupp nestled a goal past the keeper with Van Persie on the assist.

*Eight minutes later the lead was strengthened, with defender Teixeira Dionatan launching a long ball up field to Van Persie who rolled it just beyond the keeper.

*Just before halftime in the 42 minute we gave away a free kick, which was converted by Fellaini to make the score 2-1.

Things went down hill from there, we battled hard to try and keep possession.

*In the 60th minute Espanyol's Frederico Fazio scored a wonderful long rage equalizer to make it 2-2 all.

*Then just in the 81 minute they took the lead with a header in the penalty box by Mikel.

We learned a lot in this game, and we're looking forward to our next match agains Cam's RC Lens.

Gabriel Paulista will be joining RCD Espanyol! might've overpaid a bit But I'm now completely done with my team!

A bit :P I saw you had a bit more money left than me so I figured you would outbid me anyway' date=' and tbh I didn't want to overpay anyway. But great signing for you!

Chievo Verona beat Hellas Verona 5 - 2 in a thrilling Division 1 encounter.

Jagielka had an impressive game and was voted Man of the Match.

Sakho, Tioté and Gomis were amongst the goalscorers.

Great result for our first game, happy to see I predicted the opponent's strategy well :D We held a good % of possession and created a lot of chances, pretty satisfied with our overall play.

Re: Premier League World.

108_1195457452.gif

ELCHE CF 1-1 GENOA CFC

Genoa CFC travelled to Spain to face Elche CF at Martinez Valero for their first game of the season. After an uneven transfer season where several transfer mistakes were made by Pham and the board, Pham still managed to field a strong squad with several promising players as well as some star players.

In a relatively even contest, Genoa and Elche traded early punches as Steven Naismith pounces on Marco van Ginkel's fantastic through ball and slots the ball under Fraser Forster to open the scoring in the 26th minute. However, only twelve minutes later, Moussa Dembele scored a beauty of a free-kick after he was fouled by Mathieu Debuchy

The team's next game will be played at home against Chelsea who lost 4-2 to Metalist but have two fantastic players in Angel di Maria and David Silva, both of whom were on Pham's radar earlier in the season. Pham hopes to earn his first victory of the season in that game.

article-0-1AA77CF2000005DC-317_306x423.jpg

Marco van Ginkel provided a fine assist

There have also been rumours that Tom Pham will take charge of the Turkey job, but there are doubts on whether or not the Genoa board will allow Pham to split time between club and country. Pham himself has not yet commented on this speculation