Sign in to follow this  
Elohim

FOTY '14 Semifinal 2

FOTY '14 Semifinal 2  

1. 1.

One vote each..

VOTING FOR YOURSELF WILL GET YOU DISQUALIFIED..

The winner of this will progress through to the 2014 Forumer of the Year FINAL!

If you wish to leave a nice comment it is very appreciated..

Voting closes after 3 days..

Re: FOTY '14 Semifinal 2

These two are my Backbone, they're both amazing people, great forumers that I get along with very well, they both deserve to proceed to the final and I'd hate for one vote to be the decisive vote. Because of this I will NOT be voting.

Good luck to you both. :)

The toughest and worst possible semis that the competition could have thrown up. On one hand a knowledgeable, choleric Scotsman who if there exists such a thing as an SM hall of fame would be a shoe in, and on the other hand a convivial, intelligent forumer with a bright future ahead.

Looking at each with regards to the quantity of work, Pedro trounces Sirmark by sheer volume:

Sirmarkhughes Posts Per Day: 6.17

Pedro Posts Per Day: 11.23

However, as many of Pedro's post are on non football matters one may be forgiven for the overall edge to sirmarkhughes with regards to quality. Both have been entertaining and informative but aside from one notable incidence when Pedro defended his actions (or tried to) in a custom gameworld, he has not stood for something which could be deemed as being of strong opinion regardless of other forumers opinion while carrying the workload of customs gameworld forum PR. Sirmark has done that on numerous occasions and while he may not be the most popular he remains one of the hardest working SOBs on a forum over a period when more celebrated forumers have fallen on their swords (or become bitter over dropping entertainment value).

That leaves only one choice IMO-a salute to the hardy, persistent and modern day Sutherland Highlander known as Sirmarkhughes. Pedro's day will come-just not today..

but aside from one notable incidence when Pedro defended his actions (or tried to) in a custom gameworld' date=' he has not stood for something which could be deemed as being of strong opinion regardless of other forumers opinion while carrying the workload of customs gameworld forum PR. [/quote']

when you say defended his action do you mean when he joined a new custom set around a strict set of transfer rules, broke the rules with his first lot of transfers, offered to take whatever punishment was due, but didn't like his punishment so quit(despite other rule breakers since accepting the same punishment)? or are we crossing our wires somewhere?

voted for SMH - top lad who put's a lot into the forum, with a considerable amount of it to help others or improve their forum experience.

Pedro is a very active forumer, he's quick to welcome the newcomers, he spams on the spamming threads, he gives out transfer advice, he discuss real life football on the relevant threads, and he's very active in the gameworld threads he participates in. In fact he generally tries to be best buds with everyone he comes across, however the above incident stops me from even considering Pedro(it did happen in 2014 after all)

when you say defended his action do you mean when he joined a new custom set around a strict set of transfer rules' date=' broke the rules with his first lot of transfers, offered to take whatever punishment was due, but didn't like his punishment so quit(despite other rule breakers since accepting the same punishment)? or are we crossing our wires somewhere?

[b']Nope -we haven't cross wires in quite a bit, and note I did not indicate that he was successful.

[/b]

voted for SMH - top lad who put's a lot into the forum, with a considerable amount of it to help others or improve their forum experience.

yeah he should be given a brass statute or some such..deserves it for carrying that moniker about these years ;)

Pedro is a very active forumer, he's quick to welcome the newcomers, he spams on the spamming threads, he gives out transfer advice, he discuss real life football on the relevant threads, and he's very active in the gameworld threads he participates in. In fact he generally tries to be best buds with everyone he comes across, however the above incident stops me from even considering Pedro(it did happen in 2014 after all)

Glad to see that you still the forgiving, cuddly forumer we all knew-or are you planning a run for office next term? Be-careful though the angst votes has been taken among others ;)

I trust Pedro will learn from the incident and move on (as will everyone else involved in it )-after all he has all these great role models to ape.

Damn i would have voted for both of you in seperate semis. The winner of this will win the whole thing imo.

I have to vote pedro, by the skinniest of margins. I guess i just have had that slight amount more personal interaction with pedro, despite SMH still being my odds on favourite, having been in bed with me and my missus and being robbie williams in disguise.

Both great guys but for me Dan edges it with all his hard work he puts into 7046 every season with his stats and awards night.

Good luck to both of you.

You can't just kiss arse to win that MOTY award again this time around ;):P

But no, I agree. Both Dan and Pedro are excellent forumers, but I've gotten to know Dan more through him being in 7046 and him playing a big part in the setup at that.

So much to choose from' date=' in this one. :o

I narrowed it down to Dan and Daniel. Both are very similar kinds of forumers. Some might even argue they're the same person! :eek: I doubt they know each other tho. :P

So between Dan and Daniel, my vote went to sirmarkhughes. :D[/quote']

Thanks for the votes en route to here lads, its been emotional. haha :)

Looks like you have this in the bag Pedro, good luck in the final.

Might as well pack this thing up now and give FOTY to Pedro, said it from the start nobody is going to beat him.

However from my point if view I can honestly say I don't really see Pedro around the forum on the parts I generally use bar maybe the politics thread where invariably we will disagree :P

Seems like a nice guy and enjoy the debates on the politics thread, however he is just to nice for me, I'm sure that means he is a much better person than me (not difficult :P:o) I can fully understand why he seems to have so many voters in his proverbial pocket so to speak though non confrontational, friendly lots of good qualities.

My vote has to go to Dan though although we have not had to much interaction as such have got to know him through the four nations nice guy, decent sense of humour, puts a lot into the set ups he is in and despite his penchant for ridiculing Liverpool is also a decent poster in the part of the forum I most enjoy (the general football threads)

Also a lot more visible for me in different parts of the forum I might not post in but do read, so Dan has my vote but as I say I fear it will be futile in he wake of the "Pedro onslaught"