Northern Irish Setup

onomanunn

Hello soccermanagers reading this :D

I have created a Northern Ireland gw with 2 divisions. Each with 8 teams. It will be a fast gw because every team plays twice a season against an opponent. There are a few rules applied though.

First of all because the real Danske Bank Premiership and the Belfast Telegraph Championship are pretty small competitions in the soccer world i have applied the rule for the first season that no player above a rating of 86 can be bought. The second important rule is that all clubs are empty and that every manager will have 80 million to spend on his/her squad. The third important rule is players can not be bought from unmanaged clubs.

The rules for the next season can be altered after discussing them here on the forum in this thread :)

The ID for the gameworld is: 236874. It's a private gw so anyone that wants to join has to apply and wait for confirmation from me.

Have fun ;)

Re: Northern Irish Setup

I've applied for Institute mate' date='

Any rules?[/quote']

No matey not this time, just the ones i mentioned in my former message. No buying players above a rating of 86, empty squads with 80 million to spend and no buying from unmanaged clubs in the first season. After season one any rule may change depending on the wishes of the managers. ;)

No matey not this time' date=' just the ones i mentioned in my former message. No buying players above a rating of 86, empty squads with 80 million to spend and no buying from unmanaged clubs in the first season. After season one any rule may change depending on the wishes of the managers. ;)[/quote']

Fair enough!

I'm probably going to start shortlisting my transfer targets tomorrow!

I've made bids for around 20 players; hope I get them all. I have never played in an "empty" league before, so this is a learning curve for me. I assume that, if any player gets a rating increase (higher than 86) I can still keep him? Also I presume that, despite the "no trading with unmanaged clubs" rule, this doesn't apply to foreign clubs?

I've made bids for around 20 players; hope I get them all. I have never played in an "empty" league before' date=' so this is a learning curve for me. I assume that, if any player gets a rating increase (higher than 86) I can still keep him? Also I presume that, despite the "no trading with unmanaged clubs" rule, this doesn't apply to foreign clubs?[/quote']

First of all welcome to the setup ;)

Yes you can keep all players that get an increase above 86. And as far as trading goes. There is no way you can trade or buy from and with unmanaged clubs. Unmanaged clubs are only clubs in a gw that have no human manager. Every other club is called external. And in this gw you are allowed to buy players and trade players with external clubs.

The only real rules are that you are not allowed to buy players that have a higher rating then 86 and not to buy from unmanaged clubs. But i already have build in the rules in the gw when i created it so no worries about them mate.

And when the second season starts i can always apply new rules depending on what the managers in the gw like ;)

I have applied these rules for now because in real life NIFL is a lower league.

Empty squads is something that can be a challenge. For example you have 80 million. So you can spend that all on your squad but then in later seasons you will have problems with strengthening your team because the finances are all gone by then. And if we would change the rules in the second season to say for example that players with a rating of 88 maybe added to your team you should have finances left. Next to that you always have the wages to pay etc in a season (and remember...this is a lower league so less revenues because of smaller stadiums which means also less attention from the crowd and less income in general for your club). So be careful with what you spend :P

Good luck!!!

Daniel (onomanunn in the game and in this gw manager of Cliftonville)

After a short interview Linfield apointed Brian van Zuiden as their new manager. Van Zuiden is expected to keep his team clear from relegation this season and has been giving the opportunity to build a new squad and has gotten 80 million from the board for the coming seasons. However the league rules state that only players with a rating of 86 or lower can be bought.

Expected is Van Zuiden and his squad will have some issues communicating due to him not being able to speak English very well.

Cliftonville has anounced the first signings of new manager Daniel Gramberg at a pressconference. The board of directors have asked Gramberg during their contract negotiaons to start building a squad which would be able to grow in the coming ten years. Because of that Gramberg decided to sign only players that are younger then 21 years old.

For the first team squad new signings Oliveira Wallace, Tyler Blackett, Hernández Lucas, Martin Odegaard, Rúben Neves, Odisseas Vlachodimos, Jack Grealish and Palmieri Emerson were signed to play a pivotal role during the coming seasons.

Especially the signing of Odegaard is something to look forward to. Galactic Terror's Institute made an offer as well for Odegaard, but Odegaard decided he wanted to work with Gramberg instead.

Humam Tariq, Bilal Ould-Chikh, Robert Kenedy, Ante Ćoric,

Gianluca Gaudino and Emanuel Mammana are expected to showcase their individual talents most of the time in the first team.

And Fortuna Wallace, Talvares Breno, Riechedly Bazoer, Joe Gomez,

Alex Meret, Ryan Ledson and Luca Valzania have been signed for the first team as well but will get the time to develop and will mostly play in friendly matches.

Manager Gramberg acknowledged interest in another young star for the first team but would not give the name. However he said he is still looking for a striker whom is very talented.

However Gramberg did tell the press that he will also be looking for a few young players to join Cliftonville's youth squad.

Sources around Cliftonville's chairman Gerard Lawlor have said he is happy with the signings and is looking forward to a good season.

Cliftonville is expected to end up between places 4 and 6 this season according to the same sources.

Cliftonville manager Gramberg announced yesterday a new young star signing. To everyone's surprise Munir El Haddadi from Barcelona decided to join the young but talentful squad and is looking forward to help the club growing towards a very bright future. Gramberg is happy with the signing and stated he is done for this season buying players for the first team. However he mentioned that 11 players will be signing tomorrow with his club and these players will be playing in the youth squad until needed in the first team.

NIFL-Logo-Landscape2.jpg

It's kick off time for the first season in one of the smallest leagues in Europe. A lot of clubs are still looking for managers that can take them into the European soccer leagues. The pay ain't good but it is a fullfilling feeling when you get the job done bringing a small league club towards new heights and the fans will love you to the end of time when you get their club into Europe!

Cliftonville manager Gramberg is ready for the season and has signed every player he wanted for his youth revolution in the NIFL. El Haddadi will be this seasons captain.

678f5eed-4359-4f0f-910b-0638e6d45b09.jpg

Munir El Haddadi

Hello to whoever is the gameworld owner.

I'm hoping that there's clubs available within this gameworld that I'm able to join.

I understand that I'm new and I deeply hope that there's no reason for me to not join this.

I've read and heard a fair amount about this game so I've decided to giving it a go, I don't mind on whatever club I get as long as I'm able to do something with the club.

If you'll have me then i'll greatly appreciate this. I'm just looking for a strong gameworld that I'm able to delve into and make a name for myself on this game.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello to whoever is the gameworld owner.

I'm hoping that there's clubs available within this gameworld that I'm able to join.

I understand that I'm new and I deeply hope that there's no reason for me to not join this.

I've read and heard a fair amount about this game so I've decided to giving it a go' date=' I don't mind on whatever club I get as long as I'm able to do something with the club.

If you'll have me then i'll greatly appreciate this. I'm just looking for a strong gameworld that I'm able to delve into and make a name for myself on this game.[/quote']

That owner would be me and you have been accepted. Although since your in the gw i haven't seen you logged in. At some point the system will automatically fire you when you don't log in so please check your team.

On another note:

Cliftonville beat Linfield 2 - 1 with their B-team in their Division 1 fixture. Ould-chikh scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance. Malcom was also on the scoresheet for his side. With that Cliftonville is still on an unbeaten run with 5 wins in a row and the proud current league leaders.

Cliftonville beat Linfield 3 - 1 in their NIFL DB Premiership & BT Championship Cup Quarter Final fixture. Vlachodimos had an impressive game and was voted Man of the Match. Gaudino and Neves were amongst the goalscorers. Newry City will be the opponent in the semi finals.

Cliftonville outclassed Ballymena United and beat them 1 - 0 in their Divisie 1 fixture. Vlachodimos had an impressive game and was voted Man of the Match. Corić was on the scoresheet for his side.

After this result against Gramberg's team is now unbeaten in 6 games setting a new club record for most games unbeaten in a row.