Sign in to follow this  
Doe ©

Blackburn Rovers Challenge

Hello, I am Joe Charley. Thanks to Steve Leamington's great idea of "Save Our Season", I have decided to take up a challenge, Blackburn Rovers. The team are located in world championship 2, division 4 and are currently in the last place, and 7.3 million in debt. here I will post the latest transfers, news, match reports etc about my season and many more to come hopefully. My first task is to get a positive bank balance and then go on from there. Wish me luck!

Re: Blackburn Rovers Challenge

DAY 2

Today I managed to sign 3 players on loan. Special thanks to Athletic Bilbao manager tebthereb, and Juventus manager Dan Payne. Yoan Gouffran and David Vrzogic came in from Juventus and Xavier Baez came in from Athletic Bilbao.

On the other end of the transfer scale Matt Jansen and Zurab Khizanishvili were placed on the transfer list.

26.jpg

Above, Xavier Baez

Hopefully I will get off to a winning start tommorow!

Unfortunately my first match wasn't a dream start in the job.

It was almost the perfect start for Blackburn as Paul Dickov's delicate chip rattled the crossbar in the 2nd minute. Fiorentina took the lead in the 4th minute through Barry Ferguson. It was a scrappy goal for Blackburn to concede. In the 15th minute though, Ewood Park went into ruptures after debut man Yoan Gouffran tapped the ball into the net, levelling the score at 1-1. In the 34th minute another debut man, Xavier Baez had his chip cleared off the line. Blackburn's second bit of bad luck in the game. The second half started awfully for Blackburn, Francisco Tavano latched onto a short corner and fired his shot past the helpless Peter Enckelman. This was the decisive goal in the match. MOM went to Fiorentina's impressive centre midfielder Martin Jorgensen.

Attendance - 31,367

Possession - Blackburn 45% Fiorentina 55%

Shots On Goal - Blackburn 17 Fiorentina 17

Shots On Target - Blackburn 10 Fiorentina 6

Corners - Blackburn 4 Fiorentina 8

Yellow Cards - Blackburn 1 (Vrzogic) Fiorentina 2 (Pancaro, Tavano)

Red Cards - None

http://www.soccermanager.com/matchreport.php?fixtureid=10285153

Unfortunately my first match wasn't a dream start in the job.

Line Up: Enckelman, Bolivar, Vrzogic, Matteo, Nelson, Breuer, Emerton, Mokoena, Gouffran, Dickov, Baez

It was almost the perfect start for Blackburn as Paul Dickov's delicate chip rattled the crossbar in the 2nd minute. Fiorentina took the lead in the 4th minute through Barry Ferguson. It was a scrappy goal for Blackburn to concede. In the 15th minute though, Ewood Park went into ruptures after debut man Yoan Gouffran tapped the ball into the net, levelling the score at 1-1. In the 34th minute another debut man, Xavier Baez had his chip cleared off the line. Blackburn's second bit of bad luck in the game. The second half started awfully for Blackburn, Francisco Tavano latched onto a short corner and fired his shot past the helpless Peter Enckelman. This was the decisive goal in the match. MOM went to Fiorentina's impressive centre midfielder Martin Jorgensen.

Attendance - 11,935

Possession - Blackburn 45% Fiorentina 55%

Shots On Goal - Blackburn 17 Fiorentina 17

Shots On Target - Blackburn 10 Fiorentina 6

Corners - Blackburn 4 Fiorentina 8

Yellow Cards - Blackburn 1 (Vrzogic) Fiorentina 2 (Pancaro, Tavano)

Red Cards - None

Interview - "We can take many positives out of the game today, Yoan Gouffran scored on his debut and Xavier Baez grabbed the assist. Even though we lost, our shooting was accurate and we had plenty of shots. Credit to Fiorentina as well, they played fluid football that was outstanding at times. Hopefully we can get a result at Marseille next week."

Top 5 Blackburn Scorers After Matchday 23

Paul Dickov - 7 Goals

Jonathan Douglas - 4 Goals

Paul Gallagher - 3 Goals

Aleksandr Pavlenko - 3 Goals

Steven Reid - 2 Goals

Top 5 Blackburn Assisters After Matchday 23

Jonathan Douglas - 8 Assists

Paul Dickov - 3 Assists

Paul Gallagher - 3 Assists

Jay Bothroyd - 3 Assists

Matt Jansen - 2 Assists

2nd match in charge proves to be a great success.

Line up: Enckelman, Bolivar, Vrzogic, Tonel, Nelson, Breuer, Emerton, Mokoena, Gouffran, Reid, Baez

Blackburn almost fell a goal behind in the 18th minute, but fortunately Da Silva Paulo Assuncao could only find the outside of the post when one on one with Peter Enckelman. Marseille again were again unlucky when a wonderful 25yard strike from Andreas Ivanschitz crashed against the crossbar. Then on 36 minutes Brahim Hemdani latched onto a short corner and curled an unstoppable effort past Peter Enckelman. The first part of the second half, resulted in both sides missing chances, but in the 73rd minute the Velodrome was silenced, as an amazing run from Yoan Gouffran and a well driven shot provided the equaliser, but in the 88th minute, a small section of Blackburn fans erupted as Yoan Gouffran's beautiful half volley whistled into the top of the net, giving Blackburn a crucial victory. MOM went to Marseille's goal scorer and midfield dynamo Brahim Hemdani.

Attendance - 29,446

Possession - Marseille 51% Blackburn 49%

Shots On Goal - Marseille 8 Blackburn 6

Shots On Target - Marseille 8 Blackburn 5

Corners - Marseille 5 Blackburn 8

Yellow Cards - Marseille 2 (Meite, Ivanschitz) Blackburn 1 (Bolivar)

Red Cards - None

Interview - "Fantastic to get a win away from home, especially against a strong team like Marseille. Today we have proved we can compete against the strong teams in our division. Yoan Gouffran was supurb up front, and I hope his goalscoring streak continues. If the funds are available, I would love to see him here permanently. I am pleased that our counter attacking style worked today, as it gave us the victory. With hard work we will want to build on our success today."

Top 5 Blackburn Scorers After Matchday 24

Paul Dickov 7 Goals

Jonathan Douglas 4 Goals

Paul Gallagher 3 Goals

Aleksandr Pavlenko 3 Goals

Yoan Gouffran 3 Goals

Top 5 Blackburn Assisters After Matchday 24

Jonathan Douglas - 8 Assists

Paul Dickov - 3 Assists

Paul Gallagher - 3 Assists

Jay Bothroyd - 3 Assists

Matt Jansen - 2 Assists

What a result.

Line up: Enckelman, Nelson, Matteo, Tonel, Reid, Pavlenko, Emerton, Baez, Gouffran, Gallagher, Dickov

Blackburn went for a 3-4-3 formation today, because of injuries to both of their right backs, Fabian Guedes Bolivar and Zurab Khizanishvili. Blackburn got off to a great start when, in the 8th minute Aleksandr Pavlenko's deflected shot from an acute angle gave them the lead, but Luke Moore equalised for Aston Villa in the 16th minute with a powerful shot that went in off the post. Straight from the kick off, Blackburn surged upfield, this resulted in Paul Gallagher scoring from close range, an easy goal. Soon after it was 3-1, Paul Dickov flying in with a diving header grabbing his 8th goal of the season. A wonderful cross from the right resulted in Steven Reid heading home to make it 4-1 in the 27th minute. At this point the 31,367 crowd at Ewood Park was in ruptures but then another goal went in, and then ground went even louder. Super loanee Yoan Gouffran grabbed his 4th goal in 3 games with a goal of the season contender. He curled the ball from outside the area into the far corner, a moment of magic. Brett Emerton then hit a post when clear and at the other end Juan Pablo Angel grazed the top of the bar with a towering header. What a first half performance. The second half was rather quiet, until in the 72nd minute Paul Gallagher headed home to make it 6-1, his second goal of the match. A minute later, it was 7-1, Paul Dickov racing clear and sliding his shot under the advancing keeper. 3 minutes later it was 8-1, Paul Dickov capping of a sublime hat trick with a neat finish from inside the box. MOM went to hat trick hero Paul Dickov, of Blackburn.

Attendance - 13,736

Possession - Blackburn 52% Aston Villa 48%

Shots On Goal - Blackburn 32 Aston Villa 10

Shots On Target - Blackburn 13 Aston Villa 6

Corners - Blackburn 9 Aston Villa 5

Yellow Cards - Blackburn 1 (Pavlenko) Aston Villa 0

Red Cards - None

Interview - "I cannot think of any negatives about today's performance, it was outstanding. My 3 forwards all scored, I am pleased about that, especially Paul Dickov who was tremendous in front of goal. The back 3 and midfield 4 were also excellent. Hopefully, on Wednesday we can continue our winning streak."

Top 5 Blackburn Scorers After Matchday 25

Paul Dickov 10 Goals

Paul Gallagher 5 Goals

Jonathan Douglas 4 Goals

Yoan Gouffran 4 Goals

Aleksandr Pavlenko 4 Goals

Top 5 Blackburn Assisters After Matchday 25

Jonathan Douglas 8 Assists

Paul Dickov 5 Assists

Brett Emerton 3 Assists

Jay Bothroyd 3 Assists

Paul Gallagher 3 Assists

3rd straight win for Blackburn.

Line Up: Enckelman, Nelson, Breuer, Tonel, Reid, Pavlenko, Emerton, Thompson, Gouffran, Gallagher, Dickov

Blackburn went out in a 3-4-3 formation for the 2nd consecutive game, and once again it brought a great result. The first threat came from Santos, in the 27th minute their player hit the bar with a great shot. Peter Enckelman was on hand to dive on the rebound. 3 minutes later Paul Dickov provided the breakthrough, a typical poachers goal, slotting home a rebound. The lead lasted only 9 minutes before Santos equalised. Pereira Wellington Paulista heading home a fine cross. It remained 1-1 until half time. In the 59th minute, Brett Emerton found himself in space, but his shot hit Albert Jorquera's near post, even more bad luck for Blackburn 2 minutes later, Paul Gallagher hitting the crossbar with a fierce shot. The goal was coming, and in the 66th minute the goal went the other way! Pereira Wellington Paulista grabbing his 2nd of the game with a fierce shot into the roof of the net. 2-1 to Santos. Within 2 minutes Blackburn were level, a terrible fumble by Albert Jorquera provided Paul Dickov with the simplest of chances, his 2nd goal of the game. Just as the game was maybe heading for a draw, Barbosa Rodrigo Tabata was given a straight red card for a horror tackle. In the 76th minute, 1 minute after the sending off, Blackburn got what turned out to be the winning goal. Paul Gallagher finishing of a passage of brilliant passing football. His 4th goal in 2 games. MOM went to Paul Dickov of Blackburn, his 2nd MOM in as many games. He is in fine form at the moment.

Attendance - 10,789

Possession - Santos 47% Blackburn 53%

Shots On Goal - Santos 35 Blackburn 7

Shots On Target - Santos 13 Blackburn 7

Corners - Santos 10 Blackburn 9

Yellow Cards - Santos 0 Blackburn 1 (Breuer)

Red Cards - Santos 1 (Wellington Paulista)

Interview - "Another great performance by the team today, Our 3rd win in 4 games whilst I have been in charge, I am very pleased with how the team is performing against tough opposition. Paul Dickov and Paul Gallagher are both in outstanding form, I hope they continue playing at the top of their game. The best part at the moment is the possession of the ball we have in games, we are playing brilliant passing football."

Top Blackburn Scorers After Matchday 26

Paul Dickov 12 Goals

Paul Gallagher 6 Goals

Jonathan Douglas 4 Goals

Yoan Gouffran 4 Goals

Aleksandr Pavlenko 4 Goals

Top Blackburn Assisters After Matchday 26

Jonathan Douglas 8 Assists

Paul Dickov 5 Assists

Paul Gallagher 4 Assists

Jay Bothroyd 3 Assists

Yoan Gouffran 3 Assists

Financial and Season Update

Blackburn are now only 2.8 million in debt. I have sold Zurab Kizanishvili to Start for £5,113,500 and Matt Jansen is also on his way out for £1,883,200 to Puebla. This will reduce the debt furthur. When I took over, Blackburn were bottom of division 4, now they are 16th after 3 wins out of 4.