Now This Is What I Call A Soccer Challenge

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Now This Is What I Call A Soccer Challenge Thank you cainhoy. You are on the list . Have a good time at work cainhoy mate and guys give him some support. Cainhoy is at work and can't play the ga

Re: Now This Is What I Call A Soccer Challenge you can borrow one of my empty accounts lol

Re: Now This Is What I Call A Soccer Challenge

after knowing the available teams maybe...

The teams shouldn't matter matey if you read the whole forum post about the gw :P Because we start with empty squads and with the same amount of money. And i will make sure that the stadiums for all clubs are approx. the same when it comes to the maximum size for attendance. But take your time to decide though. It's pretty easy with me..you want too or you don't ;)

I am happy though you like the concept.

One warning though to everyone that wants to join. I will check your history before i accept you in the gw. If i see that people quickly quit gw's i will not accept you because i don't want other managers to get stuck with teams they had no control over plus i don't want other managers that do want to play the game to feel let down because of someone leaving when they lose for example. It may seems pretty strong words but i rather play with 10 committed managers then with 30 that leave quickly. ;)

I would like to join.

You're welcome Raahizar :) Thank you for showing interest

Managers Interested in this new gw (see the first post for all the rules)

1. Onomanunn

2. Elohim

3. TomOwen

4. Ben C

5. KJKJ

6. Raahizar

7. (maybe you that is reading this and is not in the above list yet...) :P

Caretake managers when really needed:

1. Cam Lucas

I will give it a go

You are most certainly welcome Noisy :D

Managers interested in this gw (see the first post for all the rules)

1. Onomanunn

2. Elohim

3. TomOwen

4. Ben C

5. KJKJ

6. Raahizar

7. Noisy

8. (maybe you that is reading this and is not in the above list yet...) :P

1. Cam Lucas

Reserve list due to individual technical problems:

1. Filipe Roberto

Count me in.

i've some questions though:

1- how will the teams (and managers) be distributed divisions wise? randomly?

2- will a team in division 3, for example, have to comply with the rating cap when building the team for the first time, or will the rating cap only be used for demoted teams?

3- if we're in division 3, for example, and one 86 player becomes an 89 player, can we keep it or do we have to sell it? i know that if that happens, at the end of the season, one of the goal reachers probably will use its prize to get it, but if not, what happens?

4- when our team's youth players turn 22, do we have to sell one senior player and buy one junior player at the next transfer period to keep the 21/15 junior/senior ratio?

5- will the winner of division 2, for example, be able to use its prize ("Buy one player of any human manager without getting rejected.") to buy one player from the winner of division 3, or are there some protection to prize winners?

sorry for the long quiz.. =P

tnks

Count me in.

i've some questions though:

1- how will the teams (and managers) be distributed divisions wise? randomly?

2- will a team in division 3' date=' for example, have to comply with the rating cap when building the team for the first time, or will the rating cap only be used for demoted teams?

3- if we're in division 3, for example, and one 86 player becomes an 89 player, can we keep it or do we have to sell it? i know that if that happens, at the end of the season, one of the goal reachers probably will use its prize to get it, but if not, what happens?

4- when our team's youth players turn 22, do we have to sell one senior player and buy one junior player at the next transfer period to keep the 21/15 junior/senior ratio?

5- will the winner of division 2, for example, be able to use its prize ("Buy one player of any human manager without getting rejected.") to buy one player from the winner of division 3, or are there some protection to prize winners?

sorry for the long quiz.. =P

tnks[/quote']

Answer 1: Randomly. When i have the manager list complete i will use an outside website to do a random lottery to appoint the clubs to managers combined with the number the managers have in the list i post when someone new shows interest. So in my case that number is 1 and that site will randomly combine the clubs with the numbers.

Answer 2: Every team needs to comply to the rules of that division from day 1!!! So Division 1 has no rating cap, Division 2 a cap rating of 89 and Division 3 a cap rating of 87. Again from DAY 1 onwards these caps must be applied.

Answer 3: You can keep him until the end of the season. If then that player will comply to the rules for the division your going to play in the next season he is allowed to stay. Unless of course someone is allowed to buy him from you because of the prize he won. If the player is not complying to the rules for the division you play in the next season he will have to be sold no matter what.

Answer 4: That depends if you like to keep that youth player. When he becomes 22 he will automatically go to your first team. As long as you are within your squad cap you're fine (for example you have 14 players above 21 then that youth player would be number 15). However if you are at your squad cap you will need to sell a player from your first team because of the balance and the squad cap. And of course you do indeed need to buy a new youth player to bring the balance back of a 21/15 squad. For that reason the transfer period will be open all season. We can not see when a player turns 22 and automatically turns over. However of course i will check all teams regularly. When a team does not comply to every single rule stated in the first post of the forum that team will not get any prize during that season.

Answer 5: There is no protection of prize winners. There is no reason to. When a prize winner gets the chance to buy he will usually try to buy the best he can get. However he also has to think of the squad cap so he needs to sell as well when buying a new player. Unless the squad cap has not be reached yet of course. But even then the whole idea of the prizes is to think ahead about your team and not just buy whatever you please ;)

Thank you for all your questions. They are very good and were needed to be answered. If there are any more questions then don't hesitate to ask :D

I am interested in this setup. Have posted to Onomanunn as well.

Thank you cainhoy. You are on the list ;). Have a good time at work cainhoy mate and guys give him some support. Cainhoy is at work and can't play the game due to web sense. So he can only read the forums :P

01. Onomanunn

02. Elohim

03. TomOwen

04. Ben C

05. KJKJ

06. Raahizar

07. Noisy

08. Filipe Roberto

09. cainhoy

10. (maybe you that is reading this and is not in the above list yet...) :P

1. Cam Lucas

For the two days this thread has been posted i have to say i am very very happy with the managers that have show interest already. And all the compliments i get for the concept of this gw is really awesome, but like i stated before i have to share the whole concept of this gw with Ben C and Elohim.

So Ben and Elohim thank you for all of your help till now and i am sure that with the managers we have until the moment i write this, this gw will be really awesome. I could have not done it without you guys.

And as far as the interested managers goes, thank you as well for wanting to give this gw a chance :D . The gw will not disappoint you.

I got some pm's asking when the gw will start. I will not start with the gw until i have enough managers to fill at least 3 divisions of 6 teams. I want the gw to be as complete as can be without unmanaged clubs buying any player they like (thank you for pointing that out to me Elohim mate).

Hopefully i can start building the gw in the weekend but of course i will keep you all posted in the forum how things are working out ;)

I got a pm from someone asking how the buying of players will take place. For the people that don't know I will explain this.

When I build the gw we all start with empty squads. The players of the clubs that are in the gw should be on free transfer so you can find them using the normal search filters. The buying from external clubs is the same as when you have a club with players. Unmanaged clubs are of course empty as well at the start of the gw. However if there would be an unmanaged club with players in the season no one will be allowed to buy players from these clubs. That is a rule I will apply when I build the gw.

The one thing you need to keep in mind is the rating cap rule for the division you are in. And of course you need to take the 21 youngsters and at most 15 other players in mind as a rule as well.

If there are any more questions don't hesitate to ask. There is no such thing as a dumb question when it comes to the rules and playing the game ;)

I'll put my interest down for this' date=' seems like a good format for a custom.[/quote']

I'll put you in the list mate. Thank you for showing interest and for the compliment on the format :D

01. Onomanunn

02. Elohim

03. TomOwen

04. Ben C

05. KJKJ

06. Raahizar

07. Noisy

08. Filipe Roberto

09. cainhoy

10. Arsenalisbest

11. (maybe you that is reading this and is not in the above list yet...) :P

1. Cam Lucas

At this point 10 managers have shown interest and as promised i will give you the first 10 clubs that will be in the gw. For every new interested manager after this post i will post a new club. I will base the list of clubs on their stadium capacity as found on a wiki page. When there are enough managers i will use a random lottery website to give the managers a random club and with that a random division.

When you think a club should not be in the list then post it in the forum gw and we'll discuss it. For now these are only European Clubs, i know there are larger stadiums in the world. F.E. Club America (Mex) plays in a stadium with a capacity of 105,500. When necessary i will use these clubs and as well if people want clubs from outside of Europe we can discuss that.

01 Barcelona (99,354)

02 Real Madrid (81,044)

03 AC Milan (80,018)

04 Inter (80,018)

05 Besiktas (76,092)

06 Manchester United (75,635)

07 FC Bayern (75,000)

08 TSV 1860 Munchen (75,000)

09 Hertha BSC (74,649)

10 AS Roma (72,698)

11 ........... (72,698) ;)

Again i got a pm of one of the interested managers and what he had to say about the club choises based on stadium capacity was correct. However i need more opinions on this and i wanna ask you lot your valued opinions :P

Some of the clubs as mentioned in my former post share a stadium. According to the manager that pm'ed me the fan base of the clubs that share a stadium (f.e. Bayern and TSV Munchen) could be to big of a difference in a way that the revenues between both clubs would be an advantage for the bigger clubs. That could be possible but i am not sure if that is the way the game engine works. As far as i know the fanbase in the match engine is more build towards the players (ratingwise seen) that are in the squad then based on how big a club by name is. Does anyone know if this indeed is true or that the other manager is right? And how do you feel about almost equal stadiums or don't you mind if you get a smaller stadium compared to one of the other managers?

Thank you for reading this and hopefully for replying to this as well.

Further more i wanna ask everyone to post remarks, questions and discussions in the forum so everyone can react to it. I want everyone that is interested to have a say in this gw. Of course in the end some decisions need to be made but i rather do that based on the general opinion then just do and get it my way :P. For the record...i don't mind getting pm's and answer them at all. I just want an open and honest gw where everybody can be happy :D

Hi there,

I also dont know how the game engine works on that matter, but, from experience, i would say that what counts is the “name” of the club, there is, the number of fans.

I’ve played with Lazio and i’ve noticed that, although Lazio and Roma play in the same stadium, and in the same division, the attendence of Roma is very close to the stadium capacity wereas the Lazio attendence in only half of that. In that particular case, the average skill of first team players is equal (89) on both teams and Lazio has been performing better than Roma.

There for, i think that the stadium capacity criteria is a good way of choosing teams for the new gw (because it will result in similar ticket revenues for all clubs), but, in my view, when two teams of different fan sizes share a stadium, only the bigger team should be chosen.

So, regarding your list, i would take TSV 1860 Munchen away from the clubs list, and i wouldn’t put Lazio as number 11 (yes, i’m guessing number 11, he he), because they probably would only have an average attendence of aproximately half the stadium size.

P.S. – According to my theory, Inter and Milan should stay because, although they share a stadium, they have a similar number of fans.

Hi there' date='

I also dont know how the game engine works on that matter, but, from experience, i would say that what counts is the “name” of the club, there is, the number of fans.

I’ve played with Lazio and i’ve noticed that, although Lazio and Roma play in the same stadium, and in the same division, the attendence of Roma is very close to the stadium capacity wereas the Lazio attendence in only half of that. In that particular case, the average skill of first team players is equal (89) on both teams and Lazio has been performing better than Roma.

There for, i think that the stadium capacity criteria is a good way of choosing teams for the new gw (because it will result in similar ticket revenues for all clubs), but, in my view, when two teams of different fan sizes share a stadium, only the bigger team should be chosen.

So, regarding your list, i would take TSV 1860 Munchen away from the clubs list, and i wouldn’t put Lazio as number 11 (yes, i’m guessing number 11, he he), because they probably would only have an average attendence of aproximately half the stadium size.

P.S. – According to my theory, Inter and Milan should stay because, although they share a stadium, they have a similar number of fans.[/quote']

Ok thank you Filipe for that clear, good and very welcome input and explanation. I agree with what you are saying. I will wait until tomorrow evening with changing the clubs. But i will only change them when no one before tomorrow evening will go into a discussion with you and/or me about your point of view. Is that reasonable for you?;)

Again i got a pm of one of the interested managers and what he had to say about the club choises based on stadium capacity was correct. However i need more opinions on this and i wanna ask you lot your valued opinions :P

Some of the clubs as mentioned in my former post share a stadium. According to the manager that pm'ed me the fan base of the clubs that share a stadium (f.e. Bayern and TSV Munchen) could be to big of a difference in a way that the revenues between both clubs would be an advantage for the bigger clubs. That could be possible but i am not sure if that is the way the game engine works. As far as i know the fanbase in the match engine is more build towards the players (ratingwise seen) that are in the squad then based on how big a club by name is. Does anyone know if this indeed is true or that the other manager is right? And how do you feel about almost equal stadiums or don't you mind if you get a smaller stadium compared to one of the other managers?

Thank you for reading this and hopefully for replying to this as well.

Further more i wanna ask everyone to post remarks' date=' questions and discussions in the forum so everyone can react to it. I want everyone that is interested to have a say in this gw. Of course in the end some decisions need to be made but i rather do that based on the general opinion then just do and get it my way :P. For the record...i don't mind getting pm's and answer them at all. I just want an open and honest gw where everybody can be happy :D[/quote']

The other manager sounds like he knows what he is talking about. Yes, there is a financial advantage to the bigger capacity arenas, if those particular clubs are filling the seats. Every manager is different in what they find acceptable in financial fairness. Personally, It's not a huge deal to me. Unless all of the clubs hold approximately 45,000 average in their arena and my club holds only 1,500. :) I suppose in real world it would be a serious issue.

Ok after 24 hours waiting and giving people the chance (cainhoy and Filipe thank you guys!!) to discuss underneath remarks i decided to delete TSV 1860 Munchen of the teams in the first 10 clubs announced for the gw. The top 10 is now:

01 Barcelona (99,354)

02 Real Madrid (81,044)

03 AC Milan (80,018)

04 Inter (80,018)

05 Besiktas (76,092)

06 Manchester United (75,635)

07 FC Bayern (75,000)

08 Hertha BSC (74,649)

09 AS Roma (72,698)

10 Dynamo Kiev (70,050)

11 ................. (70,030);)

Again if you don't agree with above top 10 loet me know and we will discuss it again . For every new manager that shows interest i will put a new club in the list. If someone knows the above stadium capacities are not correct then don't hesitate and please let me know again :D

I think thats better. =)

But i have a question: why isnt dortmund on the list? According to soccermanager itself' date=' it has the capacity of 81,264.[/quote']

Good question. I was looking for a list like that on soccermanager lol. I realised that the wiki page i used did not fit the bill and that it could be very well possible Soccermanager has other capacities. I will look into this in the morning or maybe tonight. If someone can help me find a stadium list with capacities their help is much appreciated :D

Daniel