onomanunn

Now This Is What I Call A Soccer Challenge

Re: Now This Is What I Call A Soccer Challenge

Here you have it. Straight from soccermanager.

Team --------------------Stadium (Capacity)

Barcelona----------------Camp Nou (99,354)

Real Madrid--------------Santiago Bernabéu (85,354)

Spartak Moskva---------Luzhniki (84,745)

CSKA Moskva------------Luzhniki (84,745)

Dortmund----------------Signal Iduna Park (81,264)

AC Milan-----------------San Siro (80,018)

Internazionale-----------Giuseppe Meazza (80,018)

Manchester United------Old Trafford (75,811)

Hertha Berlin------------Olympiastadion (74,500)

SS Lazio----------------- Stadio Olimpico (73,261)

AS Roma---------------- Stadio Olimpico (73,261)

Bayern-------------------Allianz Arena (71,137)

Dynamo Kyiv------------Olimpiysky NSC (70,050)

Olympique Marseille----Vélodrome (67,000)

SL Benfica---------------Estadio da Luz (65,647)

Cruzeiro-----------------Mineirão (62,160)

Schalke------------------Veltins Arena (61,973)

Stuttgart-----------------Mercedes-Benz Arena (60,441)

Arsenal------------------ Emirates Stadium (60,361)

SSC Napoli-------------- Stadio San Paolo (60,240)

Hamburg---------------- Imtech Arena (57,274)

Valencia CF--------------Mestalla (55,000)

Atlético Madrid----------Vicente Calderón (54,960)

Monchengladbach-------Borussia-Park (54,067)

Athletic Club------------San Mamés (53,332)

Ajax---------------------Amsterdam Arena (53,052)

Galatasaray SK---------Türk Telekom Arena (52,653)

Newcastle United-------St James' Park (52,387)

Shakhtar Donetsk-------Donbass Arena (51,504)

Feyenoord---------------De Kuip (51,117)

FC Porto----------------- Estádio do Dragão (50,948)

Fenerbahçe SK----------Fenerbahçe Şükrü Saracoğlu Stadı (50,530)

Lille OSC-----------------Stade Pierre Mauroy (50,186)

Sporting CP--------------Estádio José Alvalade (50,095)

Boca Juniors-------------La Bombonera (49,000)

Hanover-----------------AWD Arena (49,000)

Corinthians--------------Arena Corinthians (48,790)

Paris Saint-Germain----Parc des Princes (48,712)

Manchester City---------Etihad Stadium (47,726)

ACF Fiorentina----------Artemio Franchi (47,290)

Liverpool----------------Anfield (45,522)

Sevilla-------------------Ramón Sánchez Pizjuán (45,500)

Rubin Kazan-------------Kazan Arena (45,105)

Bremen------------------Weserstadion (43,087)

Aston Villa---------------Villa Park (42,788)

Udinese Calcio---------- Friuli (42,000)

Beşiktaş JK--------------Vodafone Arena (41,903)

Chelsea------------------Stamford Bridge (41,837)

Juventus-----------------Juventus Stadium (41,254)

Olympique Lyonnais---- Gerland (41,044)

RCD Espanyol----------- Estadi Cornellà-El Prat (40,500)

Everton------------------ Goodison Park (40,157)

Metalist------------------Metalist (38,633)

Genoa CFC-------------- Luigi Ferraris (36,703)

US Palermo------------- Renzo Barbera (36,349)

Tottenham Hotspur----- White Hart Lane (36,310)

West Ham United -------Upton Park (35,647)

AS Saint-Etienne--------Geoffroy-Guichard (35,616)

PSV---------------------- Philips Stadion (35,119)

Girondins Bordeaux-----Chaban-Delmas (34,327)

Olympiacos--------------Georgios Karaiskakis Stadium (33,330)

Montpellier HSC---------Stade de la Mosson (32,900)

Real Sociedad-----------Anoeta (32,076)

Leverkusen--------------BayArena (30,210)

FC Twente---------------De Grolsch Veste (30,205)

Wolfsburg---------------Volkswagenarena (30,122)

Málaga CF--------------- La Rosaleda (30,044)

Anzhi---------------------Anzhi-Arena (30,000)

Lokomotiv Moskva------Lokomotiv Stadium (28,800)

Stoke City---------------Britannia Stadium (28,384)

Parma------------------- Ennio Tardini (27,906)

RSC Anderlecht--------- Constant Vanden Stock Stadion (26,361)

West Bromwich Albion--The Hawthorns (26,272)

Fulham-------------------Craven Cottage (25,700)

Levante UD--------------Ciudad de Valencia (25,354)

Catania Calcio-----------Angelo Massimino (23,420)

Atlético Mineiro----------Independência (23,018)

Zenit---------------------Petrovskiy (21,725)

AS Monaco---------------Louis II (18,523)

Queens Park Rangers---Loftus Road (18,439)

Dynamo Moskva-------- Arena-Khimki (18,000)

Tomorow morning ill send you a list of mine' date=' dont you spend time on it mate ;P[/quote']

Thank you Filipe matey for the underneath list. I will take a good hard look at it tonight when i am home. But i already have a question for you :P

Spartak Moscow or CSKA Moscow? Is there a difference in fan base in the game as far as you know?

And seen this list of stadiums...I think it would be smarter to go for stadiums between 40000 and 55000 if we wanna talk about more even chances on revenues? This question is for everyone though. I really would love your input on which clubs you would like to see in the gw.

Thank you for reading this and at least considering for answering on it :D

Just taking a look, and a few things I'd like to point out. First of all, I don't think there's that much of a disadvantage being in Division 3 vs. Division 1 when the player buying begins. Also, to build a squad of 36 players and have only 200m, that's an average of about 5m a player, isn't that a little bit small?

Thirdly, should we cut the divisions to 3 divisions of 8 teams. That would make seasons go much faster?

Just taking a look' date=' and a few things I'd like to point out. First of all, I don't think there's that much of a disadvantage being in Division 3 vs. Division 1 when the player buying begins. Also, to build a squad of 36 players and have only 200m, that's an average of about 5m a player, isn't that a little bit small?

Thirdly, should we cut the divisions to 3 divisions of 8 teams. That would make seasons go much faster?[/quote']

I think the all purpose of this setup relies upon a 3 divisions layout, where there are rating caps, promotions and demotions, and therefore, in my opinion, we should stick to this layout, wait until we have a litle more managers interested and start the gw.

About the budget.. i get what you mean, and i find it also a bit challenging but as the name states "now this is what i call a soccer challenge". I actually think that starting out with a limited budget (and i also agree with the first season limit of 170, 135 and 100 millions for divisions 3, 2 and 1, respectively) will make us think about the strategy of signing players to assure a growth in the future, rather than buying all the big stars at the begining..

In my view, the 3 division teams will have the disadvantage of a 87 rating cap and therefore i find the budget protective measure to be of great importance. If not, division 1 will have exclusivity on all +89 players and also a budget to sign the best -89 and -87 players that are of greater importance to the lower divisions.

Furthermore, at the begining of season 2, all divisions will be equal in terms of efective budget, and the higher divisions will have, as normal, a chronical advantage over the lower divisions.

Just taking a look' date=' and a few things I'd like to point out. First of all, I don't think there's that much of a disadvantage being in Division 3 vs. Division 1 when the player buying begins. Also, to build a squad of 36 players and have only 200m, that's an average of about 5m a player, isn't that a little bit small?

Thirdly, should we cut the divisions to 3 divisions of 8 teams. That would make seasons go much faster?[/quote']

First of all thank you for posting this Tom. I'll begin with your second question. 200 million should be enough seen you need to buy at least 21 youthplayers younger then 21 which you need to scout and hope that they will develop. And at most 15 players next to them which you can use for your first team. Meaning you always have at least 3 youth players on the bench and with some injuries and/or match bans those players most probably will need to be in the setup for your first eleven. With that in mind and knowing the idea behind the structure of the gw the budget should be enough. When managers will just buy anything they like the whole gw structure won't be necessary in my opinion. However like always i would love to hear from you and every interested manager about this. If more managers agree i will rethink the idea and discuss it again until everybody is fine with it.

Your first question is very understandable. Though the disadventage may seem small however the disadvantage is not when you start a season. It will be a disadvantage when you get demoted when the disadvantage begins because by then you need to sell your too high rated players because of the division cap. Next to that there is a chance players will buy from your team anywas because of the seasonal goals you can achieve. And on top of that too reach those achievements you will need a balanced team in my humble opinion. Next to that i have chosen for these caps because that way it won't be too difficult to immediatly be able to play in higher division when you're getting promoted. Again also in this i would love more opinions so everybody that is interested will be happy with the gw.

The third question. The maximum i have in mind is 3 divisions of 10 managers. At some point i will build the gw and i will do that based on how many interested managers there are. The biggest problem with that there might be a chance a club stays unmanaged and with that the unmanaged club will just buy whatever they like beyond our reach as managers. However if this setup is filled with 18 managers or 24 managers i would not mind that either. As far as i am concerned we could play with 12 managers but that would get boring quickly i think because of at most 12 matches being played in a season against 3 other managers. On the other hand with 12 managers there would also be the youth division and youth cup. Those matches will be interdivisional. So a youth team from division 1 could be paired with a division 3 youth team etc. So you most surely will also play other managers as well. I leave it up to the interest of the managers when they want to start with the gw. And if 12 managers is satisfying for everyone i am game. If 24 is that number i am game as well. So again i ask for everybody's input on this. I want this gw to be one for the long run so i really like input from everyone that likes to give their opinion.

I value all your opinions simply because the most managers that have shown interest have been long time SM players and with that have a lot of experience in many different and many different types of gw's. For the few managers that have less experience this is a good learning process. Next to that their opinions matter to me as much as others. This is because not playing that long gives a fresh look on things :D

If changes need to be made based on the interested managers opinions i will be the last to deny such a request as long as everybody can agree.;)

I think the all purpose of this setup relies upon a 3 divisions layout' date=' where there are rating caps, promotions and demotions, and therefore, in my opinion, we should stick to this layout, wait until we have a litle more managers interested and start the gw.

About the budget.. i get what you mean, and i find it also a bit challenging but as the name states "now this is what i call a soccer challenge". I actually think that starting out with a limited budget (and i also agree with the first season limit of 170, 135 and 100 millions for divisions 3, 2 and 1, respectively) will make us think about the strategy of signing players to assure a growth in the future, rather than buying all the big stars at the begining..

In my view, the 3 division teams will have the disadvantage of a 87 rating cap and therefore i find the budget protective measure to be of great importance. If not, division 1 will have exclusivity on all +89 players and also a budget to sign the best -89 and -87 players that are of greater importance to the lower divisions.

Furthermore, at the begining of season 2, all divisions will be equal in terms of efective budget, and the higher divisions will have, as normal, a chronical advantage over the lower divisions.[/quote']

Equal terms in effective budget? If that means what i think you mean with it i would not be too sure about that. Because teams that get promoted will need to spend more money on new players unless they stick with their team. Demoted teams will need to and even must sell their too high rated players and therefore will have more money to spend.

However because of the youth player rule every team will always be certain of 21 players whom most probably will develop. In my opinion a lot will depend on how the managers will spend their money. Go all out and hope for the best, or maybe take a gamble with the youngsters. Tactics will be vital as well since the balance won't be that far from each others squads due to the maximum 36 players cap rule. So i think there is more effectiveness from the youngsters then the starting amounts for the teams.

Hi guys and gals,

Usually i don't do this kind of stuff but one of the interested managers in the new is looking for managers for his new gw called the International Minor League. Maybe you can take a look at underneath post and if you like it enough then please join the gw :D

http://forum.soccermanager.com/showpost.php?p=3055309&postcount=3

This is fun concept :D . Count me in

Thanks Gozzy!!!;) You are in mate:D

Managers interested in this gw

01. Onomanunn

02. TomOwen

03. Ben C

04. KJKJ

05. Raahizar

06. Noisy

07. Filipe Roberto

08. cainhoy

09. Arsenalisbest

10. Gozzy

11. (maybe you that is reading this and is not in the above list yet...) :P

Caretake managers when really needed:

1. Cam Lucas

As you maybe notice guys and gurls in the above list Elohim is missing. He had to withdraw due to unexpected beardgrow :P I do hope Elohim will get back but we will just have to wait and see if he can get get his beard under control first. Until that time i am still looking for new managers so if you know someone please pass this forum thread on so we can kickoff whenever we feel like it ;)

I'd be interested in this setup.:)

What do you think of maybe mixing the teams up. There will still be teams with the restrictions that you've set like buying 87 and below and having a smaller budget but maybe putting a few of these sides in Div 1/Div 2? You then give them the goal of staying up. If they manage to have a very impressive season, they are offered the job of a top team, that had an awful season and were way off their expected finish? Like if one of the top teams you place in Div 3, fails to get promoted.

I'd be interested in this setup.:)

What do you think of maybe mixing the teams up. There will still be teams with the restrictions that you've set like buying 87 and below and having a smaller budget but maybe putting a few of these sides in Div 1/Div 2? You then give them the goal of staying up. If they manage to have a very impressive season' date=' they are offered the job of a top team, that had an awful season and were way off their expected finish? Like if one of the top teams you place in Div 3, fails to get promoted.[/quote']

It's a very intersting thought. In fact i have been playing with the idea myself but i constantly come back to one thought and that is that a manager has to build his own team and it would be a shame when they have to leave after one season. Specially since we are mainly working with youngsters. Maybe a youngster will grow the next season in stead of the season you expect it so that would be double punishment if you have to leave your club as well. However i like the idea and if more managers like the idea i will implent it.

My question to you though is if it would be not implented will you still be interested in the gw? If so i will put you on the interested list. If not then i'll put you on a backup list and see what other managers think of this extra rule ;)

My thanks though for already thinking with us and about this concept tonyba mate:D

I am against the idea.

Its about long term building and not about a single season. If a manager who is committed makes a team his own and gets sacked for not performing, what is the guarantee that the next manager will be as much committed for the GW as the original manager who has spent hours getting a team sorted.

I am against the idea.

Its about long term building and not about a single season. If a manager who is committed makes a team his own and gets sacked for not performing' date=' what is the guarantee that the next manager will be as much committed for the GW as the original manager who has spent hours getting a team sorted.[/quote']

I think if i implent the rule that i would not sack the manager but just exchange two managers between two clubs involved. However what you just expressed is what my thoughts constantly come back to basically. It's about building your squad with youngsters that will evolve to your next first team squad for seasons to come.:)

I think if i implent the rule that i would not sack the manager but just exchange two managers between two clubs involved. However what you just expressed is what my thoughts constantly come back to basically. It's about building your squad with youngsters that will evolve to your next first team squad for seasons to come.:)

This is debatable. Every manager has his own plans with players so I wont be tempted to swap my ideas with another manager due to a bad performance in one single season.

This is debatable. Every manager has his own plans with players so I wont be tempted to swap my ideas with another manager due to a bad performance in one single season.

Like i said..that is what i come back to when i think about this idea lol. However i am interested in tonyba's reaction to this and of course those from other managers as well ;)

It was just a suggestion guys, chill out!:D

Yes, I'd still be interested. I forgot to add that I'm not saying the manager would have to leave, they could be offered a job by the setup creator, and reject it. There'd have to be an added incentive to join that club. Not sure what though. Maybe you can take any 3 players from your old club. Something like that. Anyway, it's clear people are happy with the current idea. One of the main attractions to the idea I suggested was to see how some teams could do in a division with other teams on a higher budget and no rating restriction. Not just the idea of switching clubs. But I believe the budgets of clubs are reduced heavily when a manager leaves, so that kills the idea of switching teams, I guess?

It was just a suggestion guys' date=' chill out!:D

Yes, I'd still be interested. I forgot to add that I'm not saying the manager would have to leave, they could be offered a job by the setup creator, and reject it. There'd have to be an added incentive to join that club. Not sure what though. Maybe you can take any 3 players from your old club. Something like that. Anyway, it's clear people are happy with the current idea. One of the main attractions to the idea I suggested was to see how some teams could do in a division with other teams on a higher budget and no rating restriction. Not just the idea of switching clubs. But I believe the budgets of clubs are reduced heavily when a manager leaves, so that kills the idea of switching teams, I guess?[/quote']

No one is heating up i think :P I am not sure if i understood your idea correctly Tony mate. If i understood wrong correct me ;) The main issue is of course i can't add any kind of finances when the seasons starts nor can i edit clubs into other divisions. That is part of the match engine which is locked to every owner. The budgets will most probably be reduced yes based on managers buying and selling players. There is no control over that. And in fact that is another reason to stay with your team...Because otherwise any manager could make a mess of his team and then try another team. The whole concept of the gw is build on the youth that you as a manager must hope on developing. Again maybe i don't understand what your idea is, if so then my apologies Tony. And i want everyone that has ideas and an interest in this gw to be able to speak their mind as long as it's on a friendly bases. There are some new forumers that react and wanna help but sometimes they are not customed to how to react in a forum :P

I'll put you on the list anyways!!;)

Managers interested in this gw

01. Onomanunn

02. TomOwen

03. Ben C

04. KJKJ

05. Raahizar

06. Noisy

07. Filipe Roberto

08. cainhoy

09. Arsenalisbest

10. Gozzy

11. tonyba

12. (maybe you that is reading this and is not in the above list yet...) :P

Caretake managers when really needed:

1. Cam Lucas

how many managers you need?

Either 18' date='24 or 30 mcsyauqi. But i think it'll stay at 18. Then we have a small gw which will be fastpaced. But it depends on what the interested managers want. ;)

[img']http://i1114.photobucket.com/albums/k531/sevdan/ntiwics_1.gif[/img]

Either 18' date='24 or 30 mcsyauqi. But i think it'll stay at 18. Then we have a small gw which will be fastpaced. But it depends on what the interested managers want. ;)

[img']http://i1114.photobucket.com/albums/k531/sevdan/ntiwics_1.gif[/img]

I like 18. I think for this type setup 6 clubs per division keeps it manageable, especially for those of you keeping stats and making reports and conducting the club inspections for violations.

I like 18. I think for this type setup 6 clubs per division keeps it manageable' date=' especially for those of you keeping stats and making reports and conducting the club inspections for violations.[/quote']

The rate it goes at the moment with the interest it will stay at 18 anyways. ;) And it's not just 10 or 20 matches against other managers but as well the youth division and cup that will be played which at least doubles the amount of matches anyways. Which by the way will not be against the same managers as in the division you are in. As far as the youth division and cup goes i will randomize the teams for the youth part of this gw after everyone has a club and knows what division they will play in. Meaning that if you are in Division 1 it could be well possible your youth squad will have to play against Division 3 youth teams. So in my mind 18 managers is more then enough :D

And yes indeed it would be easier to control anyways. However i am still open to other mindsets about this. So if you think otherwise let me know here in the thread. :P