Does SM really care about the spirit of the game...?

Soccer Manager reserves the right to determine which conduct it considers to be outside the spirit of the game and to take such disciplinary measures as it sees fit up to and including termination and deletion of the account.
Some examples of reasons that may result in us removing or suspending a users account are listed below:

Using the site in a way that we consider to ruin the experience for other users

There is an urgent need for SM to address the lack of a facility to report conduct outside the spirit of the game where an account-holder is using the site in a way that ruins the experience for other users.

Currently there is a mechanism to report dodgy transfers, multiple accounts etc.

However there is a new threat to SM's gameworlds - and in particular some of the most popular forum gameworlds - that does not have a reporting tool or at least a commonly-known process to alert SM.

I'm referring to account-holders who join gameworlds with the sole intention of ruining a club by systematically selling existing players for as little as possible and buying in poor players (mainly from external clubs) paying ridiculously over the odds.

Once the club is decimated the account-holder moves on to another club in the gameworld and repeats the process.

To clarify; I'm not talking about deals a new or naive manager might make, I'm talking about the malicious destruction of multiple squads within a gameworld done with the desire to very much ruin the experience for other users :(

I don't expect SM to provide an email address or anything like that as realistically it would be abused by anyone with a grievance and - at the moment - such malicious accounts are rare.

There must though be a way that SM can quickly be alerted to malicious accounts as without swift action squads are ruined within days....perhaps the solution would be closer communication between SM and the moderators and then only accounts referred to SM by mods are investigated?

Whatever the solution I just hope something can be done; there is a growing feeling in the forum that for SM the multi-player is a secondary consideration these days compared to the single player, and with many forum gameworlds being specifically targeted by these malicious accounts a positive response from SM on this matter would be very much appreciated :)

Re: Does SM really care about the spirit of the game...?

As discussed in EC106 and serveral other GWs, I feel that SM are not taking these threats as you put it to 'Multi' Player Gws seriously!

I think there have been issues in all the popular forum worlds:

EC106

EC7777

EC7046

GC1

I could go further back, I think the current way of reporting transfers and managers is back in the dark ages, the whole systems needs to be looked at.

Currently if you dont want to be threatened by cheats the only way to go is custom Gw's this a strong GW owner! Hence why there are so many popular Gw's and the days of a new 7046 or 7777 are long gone!:(

Hopefully a Dev sees this or an Admin passes this on.

Someone is listening because the manager by the name of 'Bathomet' has been kicked out of English Championship 106. He was responsible for sabotaging Everton and Brentford, possibly others.

Bathomet still has clubs in;

- English Championship 7046 - Shorpe

- English Championship 5579 - Sunderland

- English Championship 30000 - Luton

- World Championship 40000 - Sevilla

Could whoever kicked this anti-social individual out of EC106, kindly do the same in the other 4 game worlds. Better still ban him completely and block ALL related IP addresses.

Thank you...

Someone is listening because the manager by the name of 'Bathomet' has been kicked out of English Championship 106. He was responsible for sabotaging Everton and Brentford' date=' possibly others.

Bathomet still has clubs in;

- English Championship 7046 - Shorpe

- English Championship 5579 - Sunderland

- English Championship 30000 - Luton

- World Championship 40000 - Sevilla

Could whoever kicked this anti-social individual out of EC106, kindly do the same in the other 4 game worlds. Better still ban him completely and block ALL related IP addresses.

Thank you...[/quote']

This.

Action needs to be taken now.

Also, please check out Brentford in EC106 managed by brand new '40 rep' manager, Mathew Paleka.

He also has teams in EC7777 (Luton) and EC30000 (Shrewsbury) under a different '291 rep' account.

Again, apologies if I'm wrong but my suspicion is that the serial club wrecker (Oliver Hardy/Bathomet/Blossom) has any number of aliases...

A new manager' date=' 'Buckler Crew', with a reputation of 40 has appeared simultaneously in two of the forum game worlds, EC106 and EC7777.

106 = Barnsley

7777 = Macclesfield

If you're watching SM, please check it out - thank you...[/quote']

Well done again, SM - Buckler Crew kicked out... :)

We may be peeing in the wind but he has to get bored eventually, surely?

Perhaps an SM representative (Dev) would like to come on and give us their perspective on this ongoing problem and how it can be stopped once and for all...

Well done again' date=' SM - Buckler Crew kicked out... :)

We may be peeing in the wind but he has to get bored eventually, surely?

Perhaps an SM representative (Dev) would like to come on and give us their perspective on this ongoing problem and how it can be stopped once and for all...[/quote']

Just going to give my two cents, find the IP address of the guy and ban it.

Re: Oliver Hardy/Bathomet/Blossom/Buckler Crew

Next possible alias of this anti-social individual is 'odee gaard' (rep 41) in the following GWs;

EC28697 York City

EC106 Gillingham

Some more highly dubious transfer activity which leaves the clubs in a much weaker position, financially and in terms of quality.

Please investigate again Mr SMFA - thank you...

• 3 weeks later...

How did any of you report this to SM? I have a similar problem in one of my game worlds.

In English Championship 385 manager Dominic Ryles has taken over Tottenham and is in the process of selling off all the best players for whatever bid goes in.

I don't want any of the players from Tottenham but it makes a mockery of the users that have worked to get the players they have.

As well as ruining the Tottenham team that might once of been an attractive job for a genuine new user.

Hi Jamie,

Numerous managers have attempted to report deliberate sabotage via the SMFA messaging system but largely to no avail.

However, action has been taken against one particular serial offender following our requests for SM to investigate via this thread.

As you can see on the thread we never get a direct reply as such but it's more than coincidence that the perpetrator is usually kicked off the GW in question fairly quickly.

Selling your best players isn't a crime per se but it largely depends upon what the manager then does with the proceeds. In our case it was quite blatant - he would buy players approaching retirement (35+) for way over the odds or 60 rated 'nobodys', again, for ridiculously inflated fees. The pattern of behaviour was blindingly obvious.

It might be worth you adding to your post specific details of the transfer activity, in and out, to strengthen your case.

Good luck...

ruts

PS. Love your avatar - Stoke legends past and present... :)

Hi Jamie' date='

Numerous managers have attempted to report deliberate sabotage via the SMFA messaging system but largely to no avail.

However, action has been taken against one particular serial offender following our requests for SM to investigate via this thread.

As you can see on the thread we never get a direct reply as such but it's more than coincidence that the perpetrator is usually kicked off the GW in question fairly quickly.

Selling your best players isn't a crime per se but it largely depends upon what the manager then does with the proceeds. In our case it was quite blatant - he would buy players approaching retirement (35+) for way over the odds or 60 rated 'nobodys', again, for ridiculously inflated fees. The pattern of behaviour was blindingly obvious.

It might be worth you adding to your post specific details of the transfer activity, in and out, to strengthen your case.

Good luck...

ruts

PS. Love your avatar - Stoke legends past and present... :)[/quote']

Thanks for the reply ruts :)

Seems the rest of the people in this thread have slightly different issues to what is happening in my GW. TBH some of the deals don't look too bad on the surface due to managers putting in legitimate bids and having them accepted, it's more the back story as to what has happened.

Another manager in the GW has had his friend take over the recently available Tottenham so that he could get 3 of the best players from them. Things have escalated a bit after they were called out for cheating and so now to try and cover up their behaviour the Tottenham manager is just accepting bids from anyone for any value. Benzema and Nasri have been sold off for minimum value as an example.

I know all that as fact due to the GW being populated by my group of friends, with the two managers in question being part of that group and telling others that was what they were going to do.