friendly games

futke

Re: friendly games

Are friendly matches representative from a tactical point of view? I wouldn't mind having more matches to fiddle around with tactics' date=' but I am not sure if the results are genuine enough to do this.[/quote']

Hi Futke,

They are a great way to experiment and indeed learn from, tactically. However there is such a thing as good and a not so good friendly experience.

For instance the preseason friendlies that are already generated against unmanaged teams can be useful but ultimately you will be playing against random tactics. These can still help of course but there is a better way.

If you contact other managers in game or via the forum (if they are on the forum or there is a game world thread) and organise a friendly you can often discuss a tactical approach for each of you - for instance both playing different tactics in each half against each other etc. This can often be a more valuable way to approach friendlies whilst also helping you interact with the wider SM community, which can greatly improve your SM experience.

Re: friendly games

Hi Futke' date='

If you contact other managers in game or via the forum (if they are on the forum or there is a game world thread) and organise a friendly you can often discuss a tactical approach for each of you - for instance both playing different tactics in each half against each other etc. This can often be a more valuable way to approach friendlies whilst also helping you interact with the wider SM community, which can greatly improve your SM experience.[/quote']

Thought I would share these posts from a custom GW I am in.

Just looked at my schedule and the upcoming friendlies

Tue 3 Feb Friendly [H] - Greuther F├╝rth

Wed 4 Feb Friendly [H] - FC Lugano

Thu 5 Feb Friendly [H] - Rochdale

Fri 6 Feb Friendly [A] - Rochdale

Sat 7 Feb Friendly [H] - Rochdale

:eek: Rochdale 3 games in a row

The pre season friendlies threw up 3 games in a row against the same managed team. Not sure why the schedule did this but we decided to experiment by using the same teams and tactics for all 3 games.

So' date=' as expected we got 3 very different results.

1st game Rochdale won 2-1

2nd game Guaratinguta won 2-1

3rd game Guaratinguta won 5-1

Tried to find a pattern but nothing obvious. Home/Away didn't seem to make a difference, neither did shots on target etc..

The only thing that was consistent was that the Team with the most possession won the game. Bit difficult to explain why each teams possession differed from match to match, we used the same team and tactics which were close in ratings.[/quote']

As all 3 results were so different, we didn't learn alot and my conclusion was that friendlies are too random to learn anything from.