North American League

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: New Custom - NEED IDEAS Nice idea Pedro Rating Cap - agree Squad Cap - should have The Prize - nice I will be interested if this GW is up

Re: North American League

Re: North American League Danilo doing his magic.

I'm leading the league with negative goal difference :P

The next game is the last game of the season, and we have a comfortable fixture with a MLS class squad. XD

For the first time, we will be fielding a first 11 that has no players below 82 in rating due to the introduction of Manea.

The race for the title is tight, with 5 people contending for the title. It's sure going to be one hell of a season ending with plot twists :P

I can still win the league and have negative goal difference if I tie and LA Galaxy ties/loses, New York RB and Sporting KC ties, and Seattle Sounders ties/loses. :P

Good luck everyone, and may the best manager win! :P

Ok' date=' I tend to lose a lot so if I do end up winning I will let a vote decide those sort of things.

But will take the best players I can haha :P

Oh and Callum Wilson is gone :( I will be trying to buy him for sure :P

Are there any limits on selling? Or is it just the no one over 82?[/quote']

I'm not selling him :P

Took the risk of selling 2 of my best players in Perquis and Cheyrou, rated 87 and 86 respectively before they drop any lower. Thought it would be best to invest in players who will rise rather than ones who will only decrease in value. Keeping hold of the main men being Altidore, Giovinco and Bradley though, who will remain the core of the team hoping to kick on now after promotion from the previous manager (Ashtini), has been confirmed! Set in stone a good club here with decent potential. Would have liked to have been here from the start to bring in my own signings but I'll make do with what's out there! :)

MATCHDAY: 4/23/15

Final game of the season! We have a close race for the title in Division 1 with 5 teams competeing until the last day for glory(Division 2 is already decided for promotion, but if Toronto FC wins against Houston and Portland Timbers loses against San Jose, if Toronto's GD of that game plus (Portland's GD of that game * -1), we might see something!(It's probabaly not going to happen though. ;))

Teams up for the Division 1 Title:

Vancouver Whitecaps GD: -1 Points: 22(Current Leaders)

Los Angeles Galaxy GD: 11 Points: 21

New York Red Bulls GD: 4 Points: 21

Sporting Kansas City GD: 1 Points: 21

Seattle Sounders GD: 6 Points 20

Teams that could get relegated:

Orlando City SC GD: -3 Points: 17

Chicago Fire GD: -4 Points: 14

Columbus Crew GD: -14 Points: 12(Relegated by default)

DIVISION 1 PREVIEWS:

Columbus Crew vs.Vancouver Whitecaps

The ultimate deciding game, if any of the other title contenders will want to get a shot at the title, they will have to hope for magic from the league trailers. Columbus has no other incentive to try other than to try to stop Vancouver from winning the title(and not being last place). Vancouver has been on stunning form, and will probably have a comfortable win, but anything can happen. If Vancouver wins, they automatically get the title, but drawing is another matter. With 3 other teams on their heels, they would have to hope for a) a draw between Sporting KC and New York Red Bulls, B) a tie or loss for Seattle Sounders, and c) a tie or loss for Los Angeles Galaxy. If they lose they will not win the title. Mings will be captaining Vancouver and all eyes will be on star strikers Tim VĂ„YRYNEN(5 goals, 5 assists) and Callum Wilson(4 goals, 5 assists), attacking midfielders Higuain(2 goals, 4 assists) and Morales(3 goals, 4 assists), right back Hernan Grana(2 goals, 3 assists) and forward/winger Carlos Mane(3 goals, 2 assists). Previous results: 1-1(1-3 pen)(Columbus Win[A])(Cup Round 1, March 17 2015), 5-2(Vancouver Win[H])(Division 1, March 29 2015).

Sporting Kansas City vs.New York Red Bulls

If Vancouver ties/loses, this is the next big game. A face off between 3rd and 4th place, this will be a game that will be hard to decide, and thus may not be decided and tied. If both tie, if Vancouver loses, New York will have to hope for a) Los Angeles Galaxy loss, and B) Seattle tie or loss. Whoever wins can also afford a Los Angeles tie. Heading Sporting KC's attack will be Graham Zusi(3 goals, 7 assists), Krisztian Nemeth(3 goals, 5 assists), and Isaac Thelin(5 goals, 2 assists), while New York will attempt to use Ricardo Kishna(3 goals, 4 assists), Bradley Wright-Phillips(3 goals, 2 assists), and Anthony Martial to their advantage. They have only one previous encounter in Division 1 on March 29 2015 that resulted in a 0-1 away win for Sporting Kansas City.

Los Angeles Galaxy vs.Orlando City SC

Another leader vs. loser matchup, this is the match that could determine the next favorite, New York Red Bulls' title hopes, while Orlando will be fighting to stay alive in Division 1. Los Angeles will want a win to maximize their chances to win the title, but will have to hope for a Vancouver loss. If they tie, they will also have to hope that a) Sporting KC and New York tie, and B) Seattle ties or loses. If they lose, they are out of the title race. Orlando will want at least a draw to stay in Division 1. Los Angeles star skipper Steven Gerrard(8 goals, 5 assists) will draw attention, along with Robbie Keane(3 goals, 6 assists), and Corentin Jean(5 goals, 3 assists). Orlando will try to counter with fading legend Ricardo Kaka(3 goals, 9 assists), Break Shea(6 goals, 1 assists), and Jullian Green(4 goals, 0 assists). A previous meeting resulted in a 1-5 away win for Los Angeles Galaxy.

Seattle Sounders vs.Chicago Fire

A subtle match which could result in a title win for Seattle and definite relegation for Chicago, this match won't be watched that closely but will have a major impact given the correct circumstances. Seattle will be looking for a win to have a slight chance at the title. They will succeed if a) Vancouver loses, B) Sporting KC and New York tie, and c) Los Angeles ties or loses. A not likely chance, Seattle is sure to give everything they have for this window of opportunity, despite how many upsets would have to happen to vindicate them. However, Chicago has just as good of a reason to try: avoiding relegation. If they win and Orlando loses, they could have a chance to avoid relegation. It is presumed that Seattle will start stars such as Marco Pappa(5 goals, 5 assists), Clint Dempsey(6 goals, 3 assists), and Obafemi Martins(3 goals, 3 assists), while Chicago will try to make the last game of the season not their last in the division by utilizing Shaun Maloney(5 goals, 3 assists), Benik Afobe(3 goals, 2 assists), and Andrija Zivkovic(2 goals, 2 assists). The last encounter between both teams resulted in a 0-2 away win for Seattle.

All in all, a very interesting and suspenseful day is ahead of us. :D

CHAMPIONS :):D:):D

Though I can hardly take any credit whatsoever :P

Vancouver lose to an 89th minute goal' date=' so our 2-1 victory takes us top :)[/quote']

Congrats for maintaining 1st place. :P

Will, PM your rating cap for next season when you've thought what rating you want. :)

Will' date=' PM your rating cap for next season when you've thought what rating you want. :)[/quote']

If everyone can PM me their desired ratings change then I can take these into account. Not fair for me to just come in and change things.

Will' date=' PM your rating cap for next season when you've thought what rating you want. :)[/quote']

So correct me if I'm wrong, the buying players rating cap stays the same, but the rating cap for the squad on a whole changes based on whatever the Division 1 winner chooses? Cheers in advance :)

So correct me if I'm wrong' date=' the buying players rating cap stays the same, but the rating cap for the squad on a whole changes based on whatever the Division 1 winner chooses? Cheers in advance :)[/quote']

I choose the ratings cap. So atm you cannot buy players above 82.

Hence why I want everyone to have input in to the decision :)

I choose the ratings cap. So atm you cannot buy players above 82.

Hence why I want everyone to have input in to the decision :)

First of all, congrats on the title! ;)

It's nice of you to let us give our opinion on the rating cap.

I agree with Noisy and Arsenalisbest: there should be a small increase.

I'd personally just rise it to 83. :)