Sign in to follow this  
SebbyG_95

Need Help from Experienced Players

I have been playing Soccer Manager for 3 years, I currently have an Oxford United team with many good players, as I bought and sell to build the squad over the years. I am having trouble getting the best out of my players as I currently have a -2 goal difference. Below is my regular formation (3-5-2 was the dominant formation a year ago and It just isn't working)

Ter Stegan (89

Alderweireld (89) Marquinhos (90) Gibbs (90)

Pogba (92)

Lucas (90) Xavi (93) Ramsey (91) Sterling (90)

Neymar (94) Costa (94)

Bench: Ox (89), Wilshere (91), Welbeck (90), Shaw (88), Draxler (90) +5/6 players

I also have £28m to spend, so any suggestions would be great :confused:

Re: Need Help from Experienced Players

I have been playing Soccer Manager for 3 years' date=' I currently have an Oxford United team with many good players, as I bought and sell to build the squad over the years. I am having trouble getting the best out of my players as I currently have a -2 goal difference. Below is my regular formation (3-5-2 was the dominant formation a year ago and It just isn't working)

[center']Ter Stegan (89

Alderweireld (89) Marquinhos (90) Gibbs (90)

Pogba (92)

Lucas (90) Xavi (93) Ramsey (91) Sterling (90)

Neymar (94) Costa (94)[/center]

Bench: Ox (89), Wilshere (91), Welbeck (90), Shaw (88), Draxler (90) +5/6 players

I also have £28m to spend, so any suggestions would be great :confused:

Hi Sebby - First things first I see its your first post so welcome to the SM Fourm. if you need anything let me know and I'll do my best to help.

Nioce squad, you've put some work in there and you have some talent to choose from so well done.

Theres quite a few factors that should drive your tactics - the first is just how competitive your Game World (GW) is - how many managed teams are there? Your approach should be different for managed sidesas opposed to unmanaged.

Secondly, the goal difference of -2, is that due to a lack of gaols scored or a high level of gaols conceded? it might sound obvious I know but if your getting narrowly defeated you will need a different approach to winning well and then getting heavily defeated - or even losing high scoring games.

Tactically I always take the same approach, you could try and see if it works for you:- Take a little time to review the last, say, 4-6 league games. Have a look at your tactics - including in game instructions, formation, substitutions etc and also make a note of the crucial stats, especially possession. Just as crucially make notes on the formation you played against and any in game changes that may have swung the game - were you winning until the opposition changed formation on 60 minutes and then went on to lose the game for instance?

Armed with that info, I would look for any obvious signs of weakness - I always start from a defensive mind set first - make your self hard to beat in the first instance. it could be as obvious as formation, it could be more subtle in substitutions but by analysing the data you will start to see differences - and that will help you decide what needs to change in order effect those differences positively.

It doesn't take long to do but the comparison exercise can be invaluable and a solution found is often more rewarding than an answer given!

If your looking for a more "do this" type of answer (far les rewarding in my book!) then why not check out the tactics thread in more detail as I'm sure you will find what you need there.

I hope that helps - let me know how it goes.

Cheers

Ed

Hi Sebby - First things first I see its your first post so welcome to the SM Fourm. if you need anything let me know and I'll do my best to help.

Nioce squad' date=' you've put some work in there and you have some talent to choose from so well done.

Theres quite a few factors that should drive your tactics - the first is just how competitive your Game World (GW) is - how many managed teams are there? Your approach should be different for managed sidesas opposed to unmanaged.

Secondly, the goal difference of -2, is that due to a lack of gaols scored or a high level of gaols conceded? it might sound obvious I know but if your getting narrowly defeated you will need a different approach to winning well and then getting heavily defeated - or even losing high scoring games.

Tactically I always take the same approach, you could try and see if it works for you:- Take a little time to review the last, say, 4-6 league games. Have a look at your tactics - including in game instructions, formation, substitutions etc and also make a note of the crucial stats, especially possession. Just as crucially make notes on the formation you played against and any in game changes that may have swung the game - were you winning until the opposition changed formation on 60 minutes and then went on to lose the game for instance?

Armed with that info, I would look for any obvious signs of weakness - I always start from a defensive mind set first - make your self hard to beat in the first instance. it could be as obvious as formation, it could be more subtle in substitutions but by analysing the data you will start to see differences - and that will help you decide what needs to change in order effect those differences positively.

It doesn't take long to do but the comparison exercise can be invaluable and a solution found is often more rewarding than an answer given!

If your looking for a more "do this" type of answer (far les rewarding in my book!) then why not check out the tactics thread in more detail as I'm sure you will find what you need there.

I hope that helps - let me know how it goes.

Cheers

Ed[/quote']

THANKYOU!

Well very competitive, every team apart from 1 is managed, but I believe my team is the best between me and my friends, but I'm still finishing each season about 3rd, and I'm scoring goals but also conceding massively. So maybe i should invest in some 92+ defenders? I have £28m and Aguero is available externally so I really want to buy him,

THANKYOU!

Well very competitive' date=' every team apart from 1 is managed, but I believe my team is the best between me and my friends, but I'm still finishing each season about 3rd, and I'm scoring goals but also conceding massively. So maybe i should invest in some 92+ defenders? I have £28m and Aguero is available externally so I really want to buy him,[/quote']

I would suggest you invest in defenders. Aguero is brilliant and would definitely be a great buy but you already have Neymar on Costa up front who are high rated and excellent players.

A RB or CB looks to be priority from the team you have listed. Personally I think if you were to buy a good rated RB or CB then you would have the perfect line-up for an attacking version of 4-3-3 wingers.

Ter Stegan (89

?(?) Alderweireld (89) Marquinhos (90) Gibbs (90)

Pogba (92)

Ramsey (91) Xavi (93)

Sterling (90)----------------------------------Neymar (94)

Costa (94)

I would suggest you invest in defenders. Aguero is brilliant and would definitely be a great buy but you already have Neymar on Costa up front who are high rated and excellent players.

A RB or CB looks to be priority from the team you have listed. Personally I think if you were to buy a good rated RB or CB then you would have the perfect line-up for an attacking version of 4-3-3 wingers.

Ter Stegan (89

?(?) Alderweireld (89) Marquinhos (90) Gibbs (90)

Pogba (92)

Ramsey (91) Xavi (93)

Sterling (90)----------------------------------Neymar (94)

Costa (94)

Thanks for the advice, I think that's a good idea, I can get Phil Jones for £8m, any other players I should look for?

Thanks for the advice' date=' I think that's a good idea, I can get Phil Jones for £8m, any other players I should look for?[/quote']

If I was you I wouldn't sign Jones. What right backs or centre backs are available?